Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone posted here earlier that there are 4 Asian grocery stores in Mount Waverley. Considering it was just 3 months ago that she allegedly bought the mushrooms and also that Mount Waverley isn't that big a place, you would think that she'd remember where the shop was...

Given that she's apparently produced some packaging with handwritten labeling on it, then it won't take a rocket scientist to determine which store it is/was.

Months previously.

Months later I couldn't for the life of me remember the name of the little coffee shop I went into in Sydney.

It wasn't one I'd been to before, and to tell the truth, remembering the name of one of the many coffee shops I wandered into wasn't a priority.

I also couldn't tell you the name of some of the asian groceries stores I randomly went into on one of my trips.

I don't find this hard to believe at all.

She sounds just like me :D

I agree completely. I think criticizing this detail is a real stretch.

Given that she's apparently produced some packaging with handwritten labeling on it, then it won't take a rocket scientist to determine which store it is/was.
Does it say much about her? Blame it on the ‘foreigners’ and some unknown store who would sell Death cap mushrooms for cooking (as you do). I’m surprised half of Mt Waverley isn’t dead by now!

For those of you who aren't familiar with Mount Waverley, I used to work there. It's a very small shopping precinct. Mainly a shopping square. <modsnip - opinion stated as fact>

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it say much about her? Blame it on the ‘foreigners’ and some unknown store who would sell Death cap mushrooms for cooking (as you do). I’m surprised half of Mt Waverley isn’t dead by now!

Maybe she's aware of this (bbm):

In 2022, China CDC investigated 482 mushroom poisoning incidents involving 1,332 patients and 28 deaths, with a total case fatality rate of 2.1%. The number of cases per incident ranged from 1 to 28, with an average of 2. A total of 13 incidents involved more than 10 patients. Of these cases, 73 patients from 23 incidents ate poisonous mushrooms purchased from markets

I took the article to mean she confirmed samples from the Asian grocer were the same as she bought 3 months prior. Not necessarily that she still had the packaging and it matched what was sold at the grocer. In other words ‘yeah, that’s what my packaging looked like’.

Its crazy how all the suspicion could have been avoided had she been smart enough to just say she picked them damn mushrooms herself, and just kept the dehydrator. Whether she's guilty or innocent. She's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Personally I think making a statement was the right thing to do, if she is innocent. However. You’d think her new legal representation would have written her new statement to include the actual name of the ‘liver protective drug’. It just sounds so… carelessly put together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly