Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DM article “Ms Patterson also revealed she 'reluctantly' helped care for Simon last years (sic) after he spent two weeks in hospital battling a severe stomach illness unrelated to the current incident”.

Make of it what you will but you would assume toxicology tests for food poisoning would have been carried out unless it was clear what the gastro illness was?

Its roughly an hour and half from Leongatha to Mount Waverley.
Looking at the map, I would assume its along the pathway to Melbourne inner city.

Just far enough distance to disassociate.
Combined with a time delay. (3 MONTHS)

No video or dash cam footage to be looking out for.

This has been staged far cleverer than it appears on the surface.
Not that its very good. But the intent is.
Staged being the operative word...

DM article “Ms Patterson also revealed she 'reluctantly' helped care for Simon last years (sic) after he spent two weeks in hospital battling a severe stomach illness unrelated to the current incident”.

When I read that earlier I had to wonder how 'reluctantly helped care for' squared with claims that she was trying to reconcile with Simon.

Not a lot adds up in this case!

Maybe she did buy mushrooms at an Asian shop in a package with a hand-written label. And maybe she saved that bag in her kitchen. Still doesn't mean the tainted mushrooms were purchased in that bag from an Asian shop. You can re-use bags or just keep them in case they come in handy.

My hunch is the mushrooms were picked outdoors, not from a store. But, that's a hunch, not a fact.

If she is using an Asian shop with handwritten labels as a decoy, that is awful and could have undeserved consequences on the business.

jmopinion at the moment

Does it make a difference if she regularly bought ingredients in Asian shops and the trip where she possibly bought mushrooms was not the only such visit? I've seen mention that she likes to cook so (IF that is true) to me it makes sense she might want to hunt out more obscure ingredients more frequently than someone like me who cooks out of necessity.

But there seems to be a lot of rumour and not many confirmed facts in this case at the moment. I hope that changes soon.
Mount Waverley is quite a long trip from Leongatha to buy a bag of dried mushrooms...

So Erin is saying that her lunch guests chose their own plate and she took the remaining one. I find this very hard to believe. It was a luncheon, not a smorgasbord.
Seems like this would be easy to verify with the guy in ICU. Same for the kids eating it the next day, although if she made two dishes the kids may not know the difference. I hope ICU guy has good recollection of the events of the day.

Seems like this would be easy to verify with the guy in ICU. Same for the kids eating it the next day, although if she made two dishes the kids may not know the difference. I hope ICU guy has good recollection of the events of the day.
Agreed.
His testimony about the days' events will be crucial !
Hope he is being guarded and that he makes a full recovery.
My opinion is that EP shouldn't be allowed to visit him without someone else being present.

Even if this case takes a sharp turn and there was a different person involved (LE appear to be treating this as foul play ?), and the current suspect is exonerated; there's something rotten in the state of Leongatha, Victoria !
Imo.
Omo.
Ymmv.

Last edited:
I don't think people would reuse bags that dried mushrooms came in.
I think they would probably be a bit musty smelling.

I did wonder today where the bag went. I mean I don't know what day her rubbish is collected.
Maybe it was put out for collection on Sunday night, like a friend here is.

I'd say it's probably long gone by now, but if it was me and it hadn't already been picked up, as soon as I realised there was a problem with people getting very sick after a meal I gave them, I would go through the bin item by item until I found the bag.

And if she had picked the mushrooms, why not just say so, and say you thought they were safe ones.

I did wonder today where the bag went. I mean I don't know what day her rubbish is collected.

I'd say it's probably long gone by now, but if it was me and it hadn't already been picked up, as soon as I realised there was a problem with people getting very sick after a meal I gave them, I would go through the bin item by item until I found the bag.

And if she had picked the mushrooms, why not just say so, and say you thought they were safe ones.
Why didn't anyone else die from eating mushrooms from this mystery Asian store?

I happen to have dried mushrooms and mushroom powder in my kitchen right now. I just sniffed them. Not musty.

Doesn't mean anything, just thought I'd share my investigation. :)

jmo

She knows it well enough to know there's an Asian grocery store there.
That's because she bought something there it's just she can't recall which store it was.
It is exactly something I would do.

Like coffee shops for me, there are so many. Ones i've wandered into, for the life of me I wouldn't remember the name, weeks later, let alone months. I might not have even noticed the name at all while I was there.
I wouldn't have a chance in hell at remembering it if it was in Chinese.

I would say that a lof of coffee shops are similar as are Asian grocery stores.

It doesn't mean she knows the area well and even if she did, it's not strange or dishonest or against the law to forget where you bought something months later.

Maybe hypnosis could be used to narrow it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper