Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured that would be the case. Moo.
Ah the ex had a lucky escape again.
So she didnt change the menu when he didnt arrive.
At least he will be able to tell police if he had eaten the mushrooms before.

Ah the ex had a lucky escape again.
So she didnt change the menu when he didnt arrive.
At least he will be able to tell police if he had eaten the mushrooms before.
If the ex was the intended victim, and the others acceptable collateral damage, she's kind of spoiled her pitch by going ahead with the poisoning in his absence.

I bet he has put two and two together by now...
It’s likely at least part of his brain knows, but I wouldn’t blame him for denial at this point, it’s a strong protective mechanism, I cannot fathom processing all of it simultaneously, moo.

I can only imagine she didn’t have anything else prepared so she went ahead with plan A? Perhaps she began serving before he confirmed his cancelation?

It’s likely at least part of his brain knows, but I wouldn’t blame him for denial at this point, it’s a strong protective mechanism, I cannot fathom processing all of it simultaneously, moo.

I can only imagine she didn’t have anything else prepared so she went ahead with plan A? Perhaps she began serving before he confirmed his cancelation?
Yes, that's possible. It did say that he cancelled at the last minute.

I’m currently with my mushroom foraging partner near Canada doing thimbleberry picking (got stung 16 times today grrrrr) but my family uses dehydration often and I’m a huge fan of jarring/preserving and mushroom powder etc, and because of this I’ve been discussing this case with my fam extensively.

Warning- speculation!!
Perhaps before her ex got sick she procured a batch of deathcaps, then dried, jarred, fed to her ex and as it did not work she later used the rest at the lunch? The only traces remaining by the time of the inquiry would have been in the dehydrator, which she had to throw away and they couldn’t find in the home.

Jmo thanks for reading!

Last edited:
I’m currently with my mushroom foraging partner near Canada doing thimbleberry picking (got stung 16 times today grrrrr) but my family uses dehydration often and I’m a huge fan of jarring/preserving and mushroom powder etc, and because of this I’ve been discussing this case with my fam extensively.

Warning- speculation!!
Perhaps before her ex got sick in May she procured a batch of deathcaps, then dried, jarred, fed to her ex and as it did not work she later used the rest at the lunch? The only traces remaining by the time of the inquiry would have been in the dehydrator, which she had to throw away and they couldn’t find in the home.

Jmo thanks for reading!
It was May last year.

Can someone connect the dots for me on what the significance of the dehydrator might be?

She threw out the dehydrator the day after the dinner, which suggests she was trying to get rid of evidence even before police involvement and intent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper