GUILTY Australia - Aiia Masarwe, 21, Israeli exchange student, murdered, Melbourne, Jan 2019 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
where is that information?

here you go !..

Murder victim was on phone to sister when she was attacked

Detective Inspector Stamper said Ms Maasarwe was talking to her sister, who is overseas, about 12:10am when it is believed she was attacked on the pavement less than 50 metres from the tram stop.

"Sadly, her sister was talking to her on the phone," Detective Inspector Stamper said.

"The phone then appeared to fall to the ground and she couldn't contact her. We think that's the time.

"She heard the sound of the phone falling to the ground and heard some voices and that was it."

Detective Inspector Stamper said Ms Maasarwe's sister tried to call her back but was unable to reach her.

She then waited a few hours before trying to contact her again, he said.

He said police did not receive any contact about Ms Maasarwe until Wednesday morning.

"The contact that we got was at about 7:00am, which coincidently was pretty much exactly the same time as the deceased was located," he said.

The impression I got from the police presser yesterday was the cap and shirt WERE belonging to the perpetrator which in turn leads me to believe they may actually have footage of him somewhere along the line wearing said belongings? They seemed pretty adamant. MOO
There is also the fact we are in the middle of a heatwave in Melbourne and it was an incredibly warm evening which may have lead the perp to discard the clothing if perhaps running from the scene (hopefully drenched with his identifying DNA!) through dark parkland where stripping off clothes wouldn't be noticed.
If that were the case, confusion definitely lies in why you would leave identifying evidence so close by but if he were able to carry out such an awful act, stands to reason he wasn't in his right mind in the first place I guess so leaving that stuff behind wouldn't even register as a problem. Again MOO.

The impression I got from the police presser yesterday was the cap and shirt WERE belonging to the perpetrator which in turn leads me to believe they may actually have footage of him somewhere along the line wearing said belongings? They seemed pretty adamant. MOO
There is also the fact we are in the middle of a heatwave in Melbourne and it was an incredibly warm evening which may have lead the perp to discard the clothing if perhaps running from the scene (hopefully drenched with his identifying DNA!) through dark parkland where stripping off clothes wouldn't be noticed.
If that were the case, confusion definitely lies in why you would leave identifying evidence so close by but if he were able to carry out such an awful act, stands to reason he wasn't in his right mind in the first place I guess so leaving that stuff behind wouldn't even register as a problem. Again MOO.

Well this article makes me think they DO have footage of him and know who it is, so that would make sense.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...t-aiia-maasarwe-s-killer-20190118-p50s4b.html

where is that information?

I need to make a correction, re her phone call to her sister, whom I thought was in Israel, but no, the sister is in China, ( China doesn't have time zones laterally, or horizontally , it's the one time right across ) and that time is not far off Perth time, which is 3 hours behind Melbourne time .. it would have been about 9pm in China where her sister was trying to reconnect, and about 3am in the China morning when the sister finally made contact with Melbourne Police.

Give me an hour either way in nailing this down, what with summer time in AU and it being winter in China.

Last edited:
Where did you read that?
I read into that the fact that she comes from a village near Haifa, not in the Gaza, and that village is an Arab/Israeli village, not a Palestinian village.

Don't try and read into my desire for accuracy here anything else other than that. It is irrelevant as to her death. I originally thought she may have been in the IDF as Israel still has universal conscription, ( I THINK ) among the Jewish population, and she may have done her quota before leaving to study overseas. It was when I realized that she wouldn't get called up, not because she could have been Palestinian, OR Arab/Israeli but because she wasn't in the callup if she was either, and that's as far as I am going with this, as it is a dead end.

What she was, was a guest , a welcome guest, an adornment in my country and some one, from my country murdered her. This is the current situation.

Greensborough.. he's not on the tramline, then?..yes, he is sort of, he could walk back and forth to that particularly stop. He is further out, further east heading for Diamond Creek. Not really that far from Bundoora….

Car? motorbike? ..

Last edited:
A 20-year-old man has been arrested over the brutal, opportunistic murder of Israeli student Aiia Maasarwe outside a shopping centre in Melbourne's north.

It is understood the young man was identified as a key person of interest after forensic tests were conducted on clothing dumped not far from the scene.

The man was arrested on Friday morning in the suburb of Greensborough, less than 10 kilometres from the area Ms Maasarwe was killed in neighbouring Bundoora.

"The 20-year-old was arrested in Greensborough by local police working in partnership with homicide detectives about 11.20am," police said in a statement.

"The arrest [comes after] an extensive investigation into Aiia’s death following the discovery of her body near Main Drive and Plenty Road in Bundoora on Wednesday, January 16, about 7am

"Police would like to thank the public for their assistance with the investigation."

The alleged killer has been described by police as an "opportunistic" attacker, whose random crime was "absolutely horrific".

It is believed he may have been left bloodied after the attack and also took several items from Ms Maasarwe's handbag.

A distinctive black cap with the number "1986" and a two-tone grey Cotton On T-shirt, which police strongly suspect were dumped by the alleged killer after the attack, have been crucial to the investigation.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roxie1892
Back