GUILTY Australia - Aiia Masarwe, 21, Israeli exchange student, murdered, Melbourne, Jan 2019 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Did they cross match DNA on his shirt/hat to DNA on her body, or is the arrest from the shirt/hat alone? Considering the earlier conversation, who leaves evidence like that at the scene of the crime? Especially if the police expected him to have blood on him (no blood on the shirt/hat). I'm not confident that this is the guy unless the police have cross-matched. The items could be planted. It would be interesting to find out IMO.

Has anyone seen any word if vicpol are pursuing anyone else in addition or confident he acted alone?
I haven't seen anything else - i think they are fairly confident in their arrest at this stage. Of course they would be aware of other possible leads, but i think they indicated they arrested him after forensic tests of the clothing nearby. Another one off the streets. MOO

I haven't seen anything else - i think they are fairly confident in their arrest at this stage. Of course they would be aware of other possible leads, but i think they indicated they arrested him after forensic tests of the clothing nearby. Another one off the streets. MOO

Yes I read that too about forensic testing of the clothing, which indicates he was already on their databases...

Did they cross match DNA on his shirt/hat to DNA on her body, or is the arrest from the shirt/hat alone? Considering the earlier conversation, who leaves evidence like that at the scene of the crime? Especially if the police expected him to have blood on him (no blood on the shirt/hat). I'm not confident that this is the guy unless the police have cross-matched. The items could be planted. It would be interesting to find out IMO.

I'd say they may have CCTV footage of him wearing the clothing. I don't think there has been time for DNA to have been processed?

If they've arrested him, they will be confident of his involvement

Either his poor mother wrote clearly and carefully his full name inside the collar of the shirt, mothers will do this, or he was , as they say, known to the police, a record of his DNA was on the data base, and bingo.

There was some murmurs that he may have had an injury, which could be the reason he didn't want to turn up at home with the shirt ..

That shirt and hat , such a dead giveaway, it had all the potential to nail him.

I am , of course, presuming he lives at home with mum and/or dad.. Greensborough is a family suburb , a dormitory suburb, he wouldn't be making much money, either as a student, or a newstart recipient, or an apprentice. Not enough to pay rent , not in Greensborough, I wouldn't think.

And another thing. I reckon he stripped off that shirt, and then waited for the next tram to come OUT from Melbourne, and got on that and took it to the terminus of the Route 86 at Bundoora RMIT , the stop just before that, and walked or jogged home to Greensborough via the Ring Road Path. Much quicker than going home to his place from the Polaris Shopping centre stop.

It is disturbing to think that at 20 years of age, he was 'known to the police' along this line of crime.

He must have started young at this process . I am not sure if he can be named, either, is it over 18 or 21? I think it is 18, but I am not 100% certain, in regard to this major crime, the biggest one on the books.

On Friday a man was arrested in the Melbourne suburb of Greensborough. Police swooped on the man while he was hanging out in this shelter with a group of young guys and a female at Pioneer Reserve, a local park

The rotunda is a known hang out for youths who use the sheltered area, positioned near a children's park, to smoke drugs.

Tracey Neus said she saw the woman and had a gut instinct to call police.

just chillin with the bro's....

I'd say they may have CCTV footage of him wearing the clothing. I don't think there has been time for DNA to have been processed?

If they've arrested him, they will be confident of his involvement

I don't know how quickly forensic testing could be for DNA these days - but forensic testing could also include trace evidence, which can be an exact science if something 'physical' matches both scenes exactly... like a jigsaw piece. sometime fibres, a twig, things of that nature

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow
Back