GUILTY Australia - Aiia Masarwe, 21, Israeli exchange student, murdered, Melbourne, Jan 2019 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
After reading the Chris Watts case I realise just how dumb some of them are! Unbelievably stupid.

I'm just thinking out loud....that the clothes dump doesnt quite fit with the premeditated features of the accelerant/Hinch info. I'm not saying that he didn't do it

It just seems odd to me ....and yes I suppose there may be other things we arent aware of that promote a link.

I'm just thinking out loud....that the clothes dump doesnt quite fit with the premeditated features of the accelerant/Hinch info. I'm not saying that he didn't do it

It just seems odd to me ....and yes I suppose there may be other things we arent aware of that promote a link.

Did he carry accelerant with him or did he return with something and if he did have it on him then was he planning something like this or arson?
What would the accelerant be?

Is there anyone else who thinks there was more than CH involved?
Talking with my partner, we were unsure how this whole act (if what Derryn Hinch said was true) could have been carried out by CH alone. Aya's sister said she heard car noises and "voices" like the phone fell to the floor. I can't find the article now but one published by the paper said they will allege that she was dumped afterwards? Could this be why they say a car might have been involved or were searching the Bundoora Park? It doesn't have any reports in the media of CH owning a car else don't you think his car would be seized when they have searched his home? So whose car was involved then and how did he make it to where she was. Because they have also said they don't believe he was on the tram. Which means he was in the area at the time.

The area where she was found, you can see from the road quite clearly. It is hidden up the top of the hill but the hedge only hides from the front. If you look to your left from the road, you would see in clear view.

What sort of time frame are we talking for rape/murder/injuries?? Unless she was knocked unconscious because she kept screaming (makes sense from her sister saying she heard screaming).

Because it is pretty sickening to know that there is a possibility cars would have driven past and possibly seen something, but not stopped or done anything.

How much do we deserve to know about the final moments of a woman’s life?

Do we, as Senator Derryn Hinch has argued this week, need to be armed with every dark detail so that we know “just what people are capable of”?

Or do we owe the dead privacy around the horrors that befell them? Offer them dignity to shroud the last things they felt. What they heard. What they saw. The last things.

Another young woman is dead and we all want to talk about it. It’s a service to our fury at the senseless waste, and a part of healing.
https://www..au/aiia-masarwe-death/

Talking with my partner, we were unsure how this whole act (if what Derryn Hinch said was true) could have been carried out by CH alone. Aya's sister said she heard car noises and "voices" like the phone fell to the floor. I can't find the article now but one published by the paper said they will allege that she was dumped afterwards? Could this be why they say a car might have been involved or were searching the Bundoora Park? It doesn't have any reports in the media of CH owning a car else don't you think his car would be seized when they have searched his home? So whose car was involved then and how did he make it to where she was. Because they have also said they don't believe he was on the tram. Which means he was in the area at the time.

The area where she was found, you can see from the road quite clearly. It is hidden up the top of the hill but the hedge only hides from the front. If you look to your left from the road, you would see in clear view.

What sort of time frame are we talking for rape/murder/injuries?? Unless she was knocked unconscious because she kept screaming (makes sense from her sister saying she heard screaming).

Because it is pretty sickening to know that there is a possibility cars would have driven past and possibly seen something, but not stopped or done anything.

Well initial reports indicated there seemed to be more than one perp, but no more about it since CH was arrested, so I'm not sure

I would imagine they also were able to link his DNA to her attack. I highly doubt they simply saw his clothes nearby and pinned the murder and sex assault on him based solely on that. She probably had his DNA under her fingernails, etc.
Apparently a female police officer identified the T-shirt and hat belonging to CH after dealing with him in the past and that was confirmed after DNA testing results that she was in - fact right with that lead.

a

The car that had its hazards going has been ruled out of the investigation as per a news report I read somewhere.

I do think there is someone else involved. To me the details we have leave unanswered questions. All speculation however.

I do think there is someone else involved. To me the details we have leave unanswered questions. All speculation however.

I wondered that at first, also. It was such a ' successful ' crime, if I may put it that way. His record was mainly crimes that were not crimes against the person, yet here he is, straightaway in to a violent crime against a woman.

Sure , he may have knocked past 'girlfriends' around, but they didn't report it.

He doesn't look a leader, he probably wanted to be one, but obviously has missed that wild ambition by a country mile.

I don't think he would have an accomplice, or accomplices who could keep silent. Nor he , himself, if he had another person with him , he would deflect instantly.

He wasn't invisible around Greensborough/Bundoora/ Watsonia. He strutted the streets , with a certain impunity, he had no worries about skipping his court cases when it suited him, people appeared to know him ( " he lived on the 86 , he was always on that tram') but no one mentioned any sort of followers, in the gang sense.

The Senior Constable who had occasion to speak with him about missing his court date ( not a trivial matter ) didn't embed in him any sense of civil adjustment , 4 days before the murder.

That pic of him, the day AFTER the murder, him with his other hat, his second echelon hat ( because he discarded his first choice hat at the murder scene ) carefully placed backwards on his head, ( so cool ) and his smarmy little grin, and his subtle message about it ( Be4 an Afta , after what , pal ? ) portrays a young man who seriously thinks he got away with it, no one is ever going to connect him, he has outplayed them all, and we all better watch out in future.

The contrast between that pic, and the pic of him in the divvy car is huge , now he looks like a child caught in the headlights while playing on the street.

I wondered that at first, also. It was such a ' successful ' crime, if I may put it that way. His record was mainly crimes that were not crimes against the person, yet here he is, straightaway in to a violent crime against a woman.

Sure , he may have knocked past 'girlfriends' around, but they didn't report it.

He doesn't look a leader, he probably wanted to be one, but obviously has missed that wild ambition by a country mile.

I don't think he would have an accomplice, or accomplices who could keep silent. Nor he , himself, if he had another person with him , he would deflect instantly.

He wasn't invisible around Greensborough/Bundoora/ Watsonia. He strutted the streets , with a certain impunity, he had no worries about skipping his court cases when it suited him, people appeared to know him ( " he lived on the 86 , he was always on that tram') but no one mentioned any sort of followers, in the gang sense.

The Senior Constable who had occasion to speak with him about missing his court date ( not a trivial matter ) didn't embed in him any sense of civil adjustment , 4 days before the murder.

That pic of him, the day AFTER the murder, him with his other hat, his second echelon hat ( because he discarded his first choice hat at the murder scene ) carefully placed backwards on his head, ( so cool ) and his smarmy little grin, and his subtle message about it ( Be4 an Afta , after what , pal ? ) portrays a young man who seriously thinks he got away with it, no one is ever going to connect him, he has outplayed them all, and we all better watch out in future.

The contrast between that pic, and the pic of him in the divvy car is huge , now he looks like a child caught in the headlights while playing on the street.

Yes, like I said earlier, as soon as I saw the picture of him when he was arrested I thought 'yep that's the guy that did it', purely by the way he hung his head and the steely look in his eyes, like a caged animal. He must be so stupid to not realise he would be caught straight away.

He may have just discarded the tshirt and hat because it was a hot night and he didn't want to be recognised. Who knows. He doesn't seem the brightest of sparks.

Hard not to have sympathy for her and understandable that she doesn't want to talk to any media now. We're all responsible for our own actions regardless.

I have a brother who has been in and out of jail for 10 years. Same upbringing but our lives couldn't be more different. If he killed someone i wouldnt know what to say. I'd just feel terrible for the victim and their family and would cease all contact with him.

This excerpt from the article about Price is relevant to Herrmann's situation precisely.

'Justice Lex Lasry said had Price not pleaded guilty he wouldn't have granted the possibility of parole from age 70.'

Price was 29 at the time of the murder, 30 at trial, which is all up about 10 years older than Herrmann .

Price got 38 years , with a guilty plea, which means he would have been eligible to apply for parole around 70 years of age. For Herrman , this would , under the same conditions, be similar (if he pleads guilty) except he would be able to apply for parole at 60 .

60 yr olds can do a lot of damage.

This is where the parole system can break down. Unless the judge decrees a sentence of No Parole , it is left to the parole board to make this decision. If No Parole is the sentence, it then will require an act of State Parliament for Price to be allowed to apply for parole . Doesn't mean he gets parole, but it does mean he gets to stroll around the court , and her family, what's left of it by then is dragged into court again , also.

Unless things change in the meantime, and that isn't an unreasonable hope. Public expectations are gradually changing towards a more stringent process, and this could be a lot different in 50 years time.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee
Back