Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a link to the footage of this infamous tongue-kiss between his parents?

When did it happen, what was the context?

maybe what he meant was he went to bed at 10pm and she was watching the footy show when he last saw her, then when he got up and she wasnt there, he assumed she had gone for her morning run but then got worried when she hadnt returned so then called police around 7.30am? there seems to be a lot of confusion around his time line.

That version sounds plausible, and more logical than all the varying night walk stories. Except who would call the police when their partner was only 30 mins late back from their walk, assuming she would normally return after an hour? Surely you'd spend some time ringing friends, likely walking partners and driving around to find her. If it was my missus I reckon by around midday I would be properly distraught, prior to that I would assume she was distracted or with friends or being vague. Seems early to press the panic button. Guess it depends on how bad her depression was and what was said the night before, to work out whether he should have been beside himself enough to ring so soon, then apparently lose that panic and change his approach as he has with the media/lawyer. Weirdness.

Believe me you do not want to see the old people tongueing each other.

The context was that the father of Gerard had just returned home and was met in the garage by his wife and they started kissing like 2 people trying to extract all the air from each others lungs. This was in the garage doorway and was captured by cameras. Not sure if they saw the camara as obviously a zoom lense may have been used but it did seem weird.

Does anyone have a link to the footage of this infamous tongue-kiss between his parents?

When did it happen, what was the context?

Was on a news channel last night?. The reporter said something like the parents put on an unusual display ... They did it as they shut the roller door. It was just weird.

That version sounds plausible, and more logical than all the varying night walk stories. Except who would call the police when their partner was only 30 mins late back from their walk, assuming she would normally return after an hour? Surely you'd spend some time ringing friends, likely walking partners and driving around to find her.. If it was my missus I reckon by around midday I would be properly distraught, prior to that I would assume she was distracted or with friends or being vague. Seems early to press the panic button. Guess it depends on how bad her depression was and what was said the night before, to work out whether he should have been beside himself enough to ring so soon, then apparently lose that panic and change his approach as he has with the media/lawyer. Weirdness

Another angle on it could be perhaps she had a habit of storming off alone during or after an argument & he's thought oh well she'll be back. I still think hiring a criminal lawyer right on the very day he reports her as missing is very odd indeed.

Another angle on it could be perhaps she had a habit of storming off alone during or after an argument & he's thought oh well she'll be back. I still think hiring a criminal lawyer right on the very day he reports her as missing is very odd indeed.

I thought something a bit similar re: storming out. But more along the lines that he was really pissed off with her for walking out and causing so much trouble, which is why he didn't react like someone who was worried, in the beginning. Doesn't explain his most recent behaviour.

Am not sure the lawyer was hired the next day? He made that comment to the camera on Weds and it was after this he hired the lawyer.

I do think that he played the victim that day he did speak. The bit about being 'a little bit hurt but I'm ok'. Really??? Shouldn't have been no, didn't hurt myself what's more important is my wife's welfare, we HAVE to find her, I'm so worried, it's been days now!

On this issue about him not searching - is it possible police or his lawyer have told him not to due to possibly contaminating the search area with his DNA? The Morcombe's were not allowed to go to the final search area for their son Danielle for this same reason.

3. on the point of hiring a criminal lawyer - I think we all would, guilty or innocent. Police are fallible, they make mistakes, they have wrongly accused people before and botched up investigations. They also have a habit of intimidating and scaring the beegeezus out of you even if you've done nothing wrong. A lawyer would at the very least let you know what your rights are in such a situation.

See, I would be out driving anywhere to try and find them! I'd make sure the kids were cared for, then just go. Not to a lawyer's office, but out, looking anywhere she might be. Driving the streets, posting flyers, asking local businesses, making myself a media *advertiser censored* to get the word out. I know a lawyer probably makes the most sense in terms of covering yourself, but that would be the last thing I'd be doing!

Another 'local' here.

1. Many of us have wondered why he was driving behind Indro shopping town to go to the police station on Moggill Rd (he didn't need to turn off). Apparently on Station Rd there is some other police HQ, at about number 30 near the bank. My partner has seen lots of polic cars parked underneath. Could Gerard have been going there? Can anyone verify this other 'police station' on Station rd?

The police station on Moggill Rd is where they have set up the emergency room for this case... so I would have thought he would have to go there.... Sure, he could have been at Indro and then go to the police station.... I wouldn't have thought he would be in any state to go shopping though... perhaps he had lunch with the lady friend... perhaps they rendevouzed and met for lunch and swapped cars? who knows!

At first, I didn't think he was guilty... having worked in real estate in the area and having come across him once before, I didn't think it was possible... however after all this reading and the holes in the story and the fact that he just is not doing anything at all in playing a part in trying to find his loving wife... and his terrible acting... and the car accident..... and the criminal lawyer... and the 2 days in hospital....all makes him look more like the suspect to me.

I thought something a bit similar re: storming out. But more along the lines that he was really pissed off with her for walking out and causing so much trouble, which is why he didn't react like someone who was worried, in the beginning. Doesn't explain his most recent behaviour.

Always possible if she did storm off, that he went driving around looking for her & ran into her.

Am not sure the lawyer was hired the next day? He made that comment to the camera on Weds and it was after this he hired the lawyer.

By 7.30am on the Friday, he was on the phone to police to report her disappearance.
"The husband has gone to bed and that was when he last saw her," Detective Superintendent Mark Ainsworth said.

Within hours, Brookfield's streets were being combed by police. Residents were doorknocked several times by officers asking about a missing woman. One local, spoken to three times on the Friday, was told the couple had had an argument and Mrs Baden-Clay had left the house and not returned.

The Courier-Mail understands it was that day, as police searched for his wife, that Mr Baden-Clay contacted a lawyer. He is now represented by Gold Coast criminal lawyer Darren Mahony.

http://www.news.com.au/national/all...baden-clays-call/story-e6frfkvr-1226341287303

Just read on Twitter that he's arrived at the Indro police station.

Just read on Twitter that he's arrived at the Indro police station.

The reporter on that news piece with his parents kissing said that Gerard had yet to make a formal statement to the police - I guess this is it then.

Channel 10 reporter is saying he is there to pick up some belongings.

What like his mobile phone that they would have completely downloaded now? Hope so.

The more "evidence", the more baffling this case becomes.

It would have taken Allison about 30 minutes to walk to Winrock Street, where the screams were heard. There are streetlights there but there is bushland on one side/housing estate on the other side.

Did she make any calls? Did she take her phone with her? Don't think it would be in most women's natures to walk that route late at night - past the show grounds and along Rafting Ground Road.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solange