Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've driven past (along the main road- Brookfield Rd, not the easement) and I find it difficult to see. Wish we could post photos so you could see the slope!

Adding, you can't see much of the house...but driveway, yes.

Can't think of any 24 hr. car washes in the area.

Would he risk the cameras?

you know it wouldn't surprise me if you were onto something really significant here this is an interesting point that seems to have escaped my attention early on. If I were a police officer called to a 'routine' missing person report..I would be VERY VERY concerned if there was a sparkling clean car in the front drive....perhaps with puddles around the tires etc? or water droplets around side mirrors(for example) Alarm bells would ring LOUD!! and on top of that..if I were a piddly little arsewipe who had just murdered my wife in cold blood..I might think I was immensely clever and switched on by cleaning the car, but in reality I'd be too stupid to consider the water on the concrete...

Hmmm....Well, I dont know about you folks, but I am going to revisit some of the earlier photos of the cars at GBC house

Newbie here to posting......the back window of the car looks dirty as seen by the wiper sweeping over the glass. Doesn't mean the car wasn't recently washed (just an observation).

Also, for those who live locally, how clear is the view of the house from the road? Google Maps gives the impression that the house is obscured due to curve in driveway. Would it be possible to see a car with it's doors or back open (remembering it's at night but the internal car light may be on)?

you know it wouldn't surprise me if you were onto something really significant here this is an interesting point that seems to have escaped my attention early on. If I were a police officer called to a 'routine' missing person report..I would be VERY VERY concerned if there was a sparkling clean car in the front drive....perhaps with puddles around the tires etc? or water droplets around side mirrors(for example) Alarm bells would ring LOUD!! and on top of that..if I were a piddly little arsewipe who had just murdered my wife in cold blood..I might think I was immensely clever and switched on by cleaning the car, but in reality I'd be too stupid to consider the water on the concrete...

Hmmm....Well, I dont know about you folks, but I am going to revisit some of the earlier photos of the cars at GBC house

I honestly believe the police would have been way ahead of us on this one !

Adding, you can't see much of the house...but driveway, yes.

Can't think of any 24 hr. car washes in the area.

Yeah, the house is actually in quite a secluded spot (above the road) depending on what direction you're coming from.

Indooroopilly would be the closest car wash by far. All service stations woul have cameras though.

Purely speculative, but Police may also have noticed that the engine was still slightly warm from driving at 4.30am; especially if told the vehicles had not been used since 10pm the night before; and Allison was missing from the residence at 7.30am.

I agree. It is really dark out there so much so you really have to pay attention to your driving. That road out to Mt Crosby always makes me nervous!

it is so dark and deserted isnt it? as you get a little uneasy (especially driving alone, your mind ALWAYS takes on somewhat sinister thoughts)

I'm going to have to revisit the Rules about what can and cannot be mentioned here

meantime, have been reading an Aussie site's comments from today which name a specific intersection which hasn't been mentioned on here, far as I'm aware - in Bellbowrie

it is so dark and deserted isnt it? as you get a little uneasy (especially driving alone, your mind ALWAYS takes on somewhat sinister thoughts)

That one part where you drive so close to the river, up so high, climbing up that steep hill always gets me!!

And I don't know what you heard but right from the beginning, before all the speculation, we heard it was a hit and run (GBC involved). Things have sort of changed direction since then!

In an earlier thread, a local mentioned the family car was covered in C21 advertising, but they took it off and only left the back window stickers on.

Was this the Lexus, or the Prado that was covered in advertising?
When were the stickers removed?
Do you think it may have been in preparation? ?
-if the business was going down the gurgler wouldn't they want MORE advertising, not less...

I'm going to have to revisit the Rules about what can and cannot be mentioned here

meantime, have been reading an Aussie site's comments from today which name a specific intersection which hasn't been mentioned on here, far as I'm aware - in Bellbowrie

Which one? I'm a local.

Purely speculative, but Police may also have noticed that the engine was still slightly warm from driving at 4.30am; especially if told the vehicles had not been used since 10pm the night before; and Allison was missing from the residence at 7.30am.

Hence the cars were towed away.......

condensation would have been a giveaway too. if the car had been washed, or moved through the night, it would be pretty obvious. From what I've seen, they only have 1 vehicle carport. Is that correct? So one vehicle would have been (should have been) covered in condensation

well now that is interesting!!
someone interviewed 3 times if you get my drift..belbowrie...if you get my drift

one of the best posts i have seen well done!
lets get some feedback from a mechanic...aanyone know one?
is there a noticeable difference under the bonnet between 12 hours and 4 hours??
dono, maybe?
or has it all well and trully cooled down even after 4 hours..
interesting

I'm still interested in the Sim card, are Sim cards cheap or free in Aus? I don't think many people throw them away in NZ.
Hope it was in good condition when found, and police could access info on ti.

Sim card starter kits are very cheap in Australia. People involved in drugs and other crime use multiple sim cards. All one has to do is purchase a starter kit for $2 or $3, which already has a mobile number attached to the sim card in the starter kit. Then all one needs to do is telephone the given provider on a specific number provided to activate the card. Then it is only a matter of 'topping up' that mobile number with extra credit, available from phone shop agencies or even some ATMs. Once all the credit is used, unless topped up, the sim and the phone won't work. Someone random likely did not want this sim and threw it away as it had no more credit or it was lost. Info would be abe to accessed but putting the sim through a telco process or copying it to (again by telco process) onto another phone.

....respectfully snipped.
That begs the question: why did the house of ABC and GBC become a "crime scene" almost straight away? But, here's my question: was it actually a crime scene or was it just cordoned off for investigation? Is there a difference? I don't know how these things work.

MOO :moo:

rhb, the QPS have stated that Allison was killed before she was 'dumped', so they knew something happened at their house almost immediately IMO, thus it was an essentially named 'crime scene' to be investigated as 'something' was showing QPS it was bad.

Now what they saw that made it a crime scene could have been one broken window, one hole in a wall, or anything visual like that IMO.

Domestic violence must have been sticking out as a 'biggie' visually with something broken.....it usually does in these cases. JMO

Not sure how to post a link but I googled the cool down time for a car and it said an hour.....any experts wanting to add to this?

one of the best posts i have seen well done!
lets get some feedback from a mechanic...aanyone know one?
is there a noticeable difference under the bonnet between 12 hours and 4 hours??
dono, maybe?
or has it all well and trully cooled down even after 4 hours..
interesting

We drive a Prado and my husband got home at 3.30 and the bonnet is still a teeny bit warm (that's an hour and a half). It is really cold out this way at night though - so that might be a factor too.

He had been driving for around an hour.

Just thinking more about the white 4wd spotted near Kholo Bridge.

We know that GBC's Prado has C21 marketing all over the backwindow. It would be extremely dumb to use this vehicle given this. However, if it was magnetic signage, it could be easily removed to do the disposal and reapplied in the morning to appear 'busines as usual'.

Also - re parents helping in classrooms - dont they need to have bluecards - it is not as if someone can waltz up and start 'helping' without one really these days. Bluecards are also linked to your place of employment or voluntary work - so if someone had a bluecard for, say, Scouts - it should not technically be accepted for Ed Qld purposes without going through the notification process again.

Still figure that the more he is seen with the children, the more unlikely he believes he will be 'challenged' in any way. At least his protective behaviour (of himself) have spinoff for the children.

Anyway - food for thought. PS I have had a Blooming Onion in the US - battered and sort of deep fried special onion that opens up like a flower. It is sold at Outback Jacks which is an Aussie themed restaurant. I laughed when I went there - they sold Toowoomba Seafood Pasta and there is NO seafood found in our East or West Creek!!

You do not need a blue card to volunteer in your child's classroom. Well not at the school that my children attend :)

Just a quick thought...when I first saw the footage of where Allison's body was located there was uncensored footage from a helicopter showing a policeman under the bridge, with other policeman above. The location where Allison was found made me wonder if someone did pull over at the side of the bridge. Could they have tucked her body up under the bridge at the top of the bank? There was mention of branches being tested for DNA that had been snapped beside the bridge so perhaps that is possible? Also it had been weeks since her body had been placed at that location so the grass and other trees would not look obviously disturbed, as in pushed aside or flattened.

I noticed in the nearmap images from Jan 11 2012 that the creek does seem to swell quite a bit at high tide and after a fair amount of rain. Is it possible that if her body was placed under the bridge but originally high up on the bank, the rising water could have caused her body to be moved from that spot? Then as the water recedes her body would end up coming to rest at that spot and it was only after a large amount of rain that the creek water was high enough to finally move her to where she was found? Or could all of the heavy rain running down past the bridge and underneath to the creek moved her body?

The reason her body was found a few days after the rain could have been because anyone going to use the creek would have to possibly wait for the water to recede a bit? Or maybe it was just a coincidence that the canoeist went by at that time after the rain and Allison's body was now visible? This is all IMO

**Added: The reason for my suggestion of the perpetrator putting Allison's body high up underneath the bridge and covered her with branches, etc. they probably did not think the creek or river would go anywhere near as high as it did during the floods (in which the bridge was completely inundated initially) and that she would not be found for a long time, if not ever. At the end of the day though I do think that it is most likely not pre-meditated and it was a rushed last minute decision to place her body under the bridge. I just do not honestly believe that her body could wash that far down the creek without becoming entangled in all of the debris. It does not look like there would be as clear a path for the body to wash down from the scout camp in heavy rain only. All IMO once again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow