Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Allow me to announce that The Dark Shadow is a verified criminologist.

Be sure to thank The Dark Shadow for their help in answering questions about this case. :woohoo:

Magically magnets that stick to glass?

I know what the poster meant by 'magnetic' signage. I'll look it up if have time

For what it's worth, I thought the poster raised a good point. Not one I'd read here before and could explain a lot

Agree with Wakeskate - that car looks recently washed (and a good job too!)

Wonder if there are any 24 hr carwashes in the area?

That is something I mentioned way back when they released those photos of the cars.
We have one at BP next to Indooroopilly shopping centre. One at BP down near St Lucia and the only other one I can think of is way out near Redbank Plains (car lovers type one)
I am sure there are more service station ones in between, but DYI it's a far trip out there.
They both look remarkably clean IMO. Yes we haven't had a lot of rain in the area (except for the weekend the body was found), but those cars have both been washed in the week leading up to the photos IMO.
I can understand the company car being washed to look good for clients, but the family car is weird. Maybe they were just proud of having clean cars.

With all the theories floating around, I can't help but think that this case is still a case of DV gone too far and not pre-planned. I may be proven wrong in the end, but I think this case is much simpler than we think.

Correct IMO:goodpost:

I probably have half a dozen of them in my draw. Prepaid cards are <$10, and in some cases can be free (getting the credit costs the money). It's not something we treasure around here.
Having said that it is a strange place to find one, but police ruled it out to be connected to Allison so we just have to believe them.
My guess is the sim was from a stolen phone/handbag probably lifted some the city/indooroopilly shops and the thief heading back to their usually origins of Ipswich :)
Or could be just part of some rubbish (they found other rubbish there too besides the sim) thrown from a car or tossed out after someone had pulled up on the side of the road. People litter in all sorts of places.

I wonder if the police contacted the person whose sim it was. That is, if the sim had been activated at some stage and wasn't an unused one.

Newbie here to posting......the back window of the car looks dirty as seen by the wiper sweeping over the glass. Doesn't mean the car wasn't recently washed (just an observation).

Also, for those who live locally, how clear is the view of the house from the road? Google Maps gives the impression that the house is obscured due to curve in driveway. Would it be possible to see a car with it's doors or back open (remembering it's at night but the internal car light may be on)?

Or could be just part of some rubbish (they found other rubbish there too besides the sim) thrown from a car or tossed out after someone had pulled up on the side of the road. People litter in all sorts of places.

I wonder if the police contacted the person whose sim it was. That is, if the sim had been activated at some stage and wasn't an unused one.

...I wondered about the gloves too. This is Brisbane... no one wears winter gloves, maybe rubber gloves or food handling gloves?

Very sensible post.
I am also somewhat local (few suburbs away) and agree completely with this.
It is not only a place you wouldn't meet up, but the area is quite cold at this time of the year.
If you were to meet up with someone there are plenty of private places closer to the city.

Not sure about where people walk in Brookfield, but walking from their house to the parents house is not a path someone would take in my opinion.
The BC senior's house was no where near the floods.

Moon on the night of her disappearance was almost new. I don't recall any street lights on Mt Crosby Road (it's been a years since I have driven it at night). The only way someone would have seen the colour of any car on that road is if they had been pulled to the side of the road or turning off Moggill road at the time. The white one would have stood out if it just had it parking lights on though.

Wouldn't the lights of the vehicle that reported the blue car, have created enough light to verify the colour of the car, regardless of other available light ?

Newbie here to posting......the back window of the car looks dirty as seen by the wiper sweeping over the glass. Doesn't mean the car wasn't recently washed (just an observation).

Also, for those who live locally, how clear is the view of the house from the road? Google Maps gives the impression that the house is obscured due to curve in driveway. Would it be possible to see a car with it's doors or back open (remembering it's at night but the internal car light may be on)?

I drove by today and glanced up the driveway. There was a car parked horizontally near the house, I saw the length of it. IMO you could see if a car was parked normally and had it's doors open.

Signage for vehicle windows

Called 'clings' apparently

Advert claims: ' Removable & repositionable with no residue'

Example: http://www.buildasign.com/Window-Clings

I know the stickers you are referring to. They aren't as great as they sound as once they get a little bit of dust under them they are very hard to put back on.
The ones on the back of the white car that GBC owns are vinyl cut stickers though.

So far everyone is assuming the white car spotted is GBC's prado. **
Has anyone thought it may have been the grey captiva which could easily be mistaken for blue (or even white compared to a darker car) on a moonless night under artificial light and someone else was following in a white car.
If GBC did have something to do with it, you would assume he wouldn't take the walking billboard and take the car that was littered with ABC's DNA. Having said that, if he was at all involved, then thinking of those sort of things would probably be the last thing on his mind at the time.

** Someone reported that the witness thought it was a speed camera at first. QPS have a few white pajeros for speed cameras at the moment so it's logical that a mid sized white 4wd is what they saw.

I'm sure the internal light would have been off if they were covering up a crime.

There are signs for the glass on windows that just peel off. They have lots of little holes in them. I think they attach with water?

yes..like L or P plates

Wouldn't the lights of the vehicle that reported the blue car, have created enough light to verify the colour of the car, regardless of other available light ?

If you hit it at the right angle yes.
I have driven along that road many times at night. (I used to play poker every saturday night at Karana Downs CC until it shut).
It is a very dark road as there are no street lights along that road, the best you see are the other cars headlights whilst you try to stay on your side of the road.

I've driven past (along the main road- Brookfield Rd, not the easement) and I find it difficult to see. Wish we could post photos so you could see the slope!

Good pickup. I did miss that.
It looks weird though. There is no dirt in the wheel wells or on the sides of the car but plenty on the back windscreen.
If I was washing a car, the windscreens would definitely get washed first.

It is probably just the way the photo was taken (with a flash) which makes the white look like its nice and clean.

If you hit it at the right angle yes.
I have driven along that road many times at night. (I used to play poker every saturday night at Karana Downs CC until it shut).
It is a very dark road as there are no street lights along that road, the best you see are the other cars headlights whilst you try to stay on your side of the road.

I agree. It is really dark out there so much so you really have to pay attention to your driving. That road out to Mt Crosby always makes me nervous!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties