Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greg,

I am only posing a suggestion of what could have transpired. Some posts have implied that perhaps GBC didn't do it but does know something about it. One thought was that he has told the police everything.... but we don't know the "everything". Another thought was that he told them as much as he could......perhaps he had suspicions...but they were only suspicions rather than hard fact.........perhaps he told police as much as he felt that he had to....who knows perhaps there is fear of what others are capable of doing to him, his daughters or broader family given what they have done to his wife. Again, this is just brainstorming other possible scenarios not hard fact.

I also believe that the police commissioners article where he refers to the fact that they act quickly with women and children missing was more a general statement about how they handle husbands reporting wife's to be missing rather than confirmation that this incident is purely the result of DV.

IMO nothing seems to sit as normal in any of the coverage of GBC and his family. From the very brief interview with sister and other interview with sister standing by nervously, to the "pash" by ABCs inlaws to their filmed demeanour at her funeral. No one from that family made any genuine pleas for assistance or information during the 11 days Allison was missing. No one from that family has spoken out with grief or sorrow at any time. This is not normal from a family who had a lot to do with the 3 children borne by Allison.
What is the division/ tension between the 2 families and why? There is something very very abnormal about all of this. It is far more than just keeping the stiff upper lip.

From my perspective it is normal if you marry into an ex-Rhodesian family, that small disagreements get escalated into big conflicts that would otherwise be the average argy-bargy in an Anglo-Celtic family. The cultures are different, and families can become easily separated because of the difference. My wife and I have been married for over 20 years, and I love her dearly, and we have 3 beautiful daughters. Maybe why I have been following this case closely. Five years ago, I had an argument with my wife's elder sister because she insisted on sending her children on a holiday with us. As we already had three kids of our own, the idea of taking two more kids with us was just overwhelming. I lost out in the argument , but have been ostracised ever since by most of the ex-Rhodesian family. simply because I argued against what they wanted to do. My crime was simply not supporting my wife's eldest sister in everything she wanted do. Since then some members of the family have been trying to convince my wife that that I am not good enough for her because I come from Irish convict stock (2nd bloody fleet!). This despite 20 years of marriage and having 3 teenage daughters.

This may not have anything to do with ACB, but marrying into a Rhodesian family can be really tough for an average Aussie. My wife's parents never wanted to have anything to do with my parents because they were lower class in their eyes. But this is only from my perspective.

Back in Thread #6, DunnoZo posted the following :

The video, which was included in an online media article (I can't find the link to the original article but this is the link to our Websleuths Timeline page where it has been included on one of Jes's posts of links - post no 28) http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171094&page=2

I don't think anyone picked up on DunnoZo's post at the time as it was a very brief post and the thread was moving quite fast at the time. I wrote it down but just never got time to bring it up again. It's on the video at about 1.03 where the dark haired woman makes the comment, and I do think she says "Thank you for your support".

So, what does everyone think about the meaning of this? I do have thoughts about a couple of options, all similar but perhaps having some of the players in different roles.

Someone, who knows the alleged mistress, said the lady at the letterbox is NOT her.

what if the person who saw the car was driving a truck? The lights are brighter and
sit up higher than a car.
thinking out aloud...

It is possible, as rumour has it he was heading to the Brisbane markets at Rocklea.
Having said that, any truck of decent size wouldn't go that way IMO.
It's a dangerous enough road in a car, I can't imagine driving a truck through the humps at night.
Given the person who saw it probably lives at Karana Downs, if I owned a truck I would probably head back to Ipswich motorway and down that way.

Good point though.
Even if it wasn't a truck, he may have been in a 4wd with better lights.
My guess thought is he saw them on a left hand bend or in one of the two spots there are street lights (after crossing the bridge)

Amee, good thinking. Trucks like to travel at that time of the night/morning...IMO

IMO. No trucks along that road, especially that time of the morning.
Trucks travel main routes usually and leave depots. Normally truck drivers drive in their cars to the depots then start their job, either driving interstate or between suburbs. No truck would be delivering anything at 4am, unless they were interstate and on a main highway.

Not sure how to post a link but I googled the cool down time for a car and it said an hour.....any experts wanting to add to this?

Yes my father said about an hour or so ONLY he also stated that the radiator fluid and oil would probably still be warmish.

From my perspective it is normal if you marry into an ex-Rhodesian family, that small disagreements get escalated into big conflicts that would otherwise be the average argy-bargy in an Anglo-Celtic family. The cultures are different, and families can become easily separated because of the difference. My wife and I have been married for over 20 years, and I love her dearly, and we have 3 beautiful daughters. Maybe why I have been following this case closely. Five years ago, I had an argument with my wife's elder sister because she insisted on sending her children on a holiday with us. As we already had three kids of our own, the idea of taking two more kids with us was just overwhelming. I lost out in the argument , but have been ostracised ever since by most of the ex-Rhodesian family. simply because I argued against what they wanted to do. My crime was simply not supporting my wife's eldest sister in everything she wanted do. Since then some members of the family have been trying to convince my wife that that I am not good enough for her because I come from Irish convict stock (2nd bloody fleet!). This despite 20 years of marriage and having 3 teenage daughters.

This may not have anything to do with ACB, but marrying into a Rhodesian family can be really tough for an average Aussie. My wife's parents never wanted to have anything to do with my parents because they were lower class in their eyes. But this is only from my perspective.

It happens in all cultures. I married into an Aussie family, but I am Southamerican. Never felt totally "included".

Yes, that's what main roads are for, to keep trucks off smaller unsafe roads and to cut travel time. I'm the daughter of a LOOOONG time truck driver and I remember my father traveling the Old Gympie Highway. It was the first of the back routes to be replaced.

Greg,

I am only posing a suggestion of what could have transpired. Some posts have implied that perhaps GBC didn't do it but does know something about it. One thought was that he has told the police everything.... but we don't know the "everything". Another thought was that he told them as much as he could......perhaps he had suspicions...but they were only suspicions rather than hard fact.........perhaps he told police as much as he felt that he had to....who knows perhaps there is fear of what others are capable of doing to him, his daughters or broader family given what they have done to his wife. Again, this is just brainstorming other possible scenarios not hard fact.

I also believe that the police commissioners article where he refers to the fact that they act quickly with women and children missing was more a general statement about how they handle husbands reporting wife's to be missing rather than confirmation that this incident is purely the result of DV.
I posted awhile ago a theory that he was very deeply in debt (fact) and borrowed from loan sharks. When He was continually unable to pay they came to the house that night tortured and murdered ABC right in front of him got him to drive in front in one car to show a place to dump a body. Returned back "Your kids will be next if you tell the cops what happened" etc etc It's far fetched but still possible.

He had a lawyer right from the word go, hence the police know they must deal with his lawyer and not directly with him.

CasedClosed has that been confirmed? But irrespective of that, are you saying the police wouldn't take GBC in for further questioning with his lawyer present and make it obvious that his story didn't make sense?

I strongly suspect that whatever his story is, it must be plausible. IMO

This is my first post here but I have been a long time lurker. The one thing that resonates with me is if the Dickies felt GBC was innocent they would have made the fact known. After all, he was their daughters husband and father to their granddaughters. They may not like him but they would not let it be thought that they thought he was guilty. As we all know even when people are proven to be innocent of a crime there is always talk. And this would have ongoing impact on the little girls. IMO.

I posted awhile ago a theory that he was very deeply in debt (fact) and borrowed from loan sharks. When He was continually unable to pay they came to the house that night tortured and murdered ABC right in front of him got him to drive in front in one car to show a place to dump a body. Returned back "Your kids will be next if you tell the cops what happened" etc etc It's far fetched but still possible.

Yep who knows. It could be as all suspect, or it could be totally something many don't and possibly more involved than we think. Not always easy to get our head around something other than what things seem. But then again without all the facts how can we?

So, does it really come down to a 'class' thing in that mix of cultures? Tolerated until there is a difference of opinion, then continued on indefinitely in the belief that one side is much better than the other, evidenced by the other side's uncouth non cooperation? Possible I guess. Some people will always look down on others, and ifanything had been brought to the attention of GBCs parents by ABCs parents, then GBCs would obviously maintain that it all was ABCs fault. As I understand the Rhodesian culture is patriarchial with the male the definite head of the family, rather than shared as usua in our culture. JMO and thoughts.

It happens in all cultures. I married into an Aussie family, but I am Southamerican. Never felt totally "included".

I am the same....Married into a Aussie family and have never felt 'included'. Ive been made to feel like a snob....and have had my sister in law say to me "You just think you know better because you are French....It's the french way". I was like WTF?...........My family are french, but I was born here.

Though must admit, poor Rudra, he has it bad....RUDRA, you poor thing...I'd never take my nieces and nephews on a hoilday, with us. They were asking a lot of you and it's sad that you are made to feel this way from the repercussions, of that argument :(

CasedClosed has that been confirmed? But irrespective of that, are you saying the police wouldn't take GBC in for further questioning with his lawyer present and make it obvious that his story didn't make sense?

THEY can ask him to come in for questioning with his lawyer till they are blue in the face but he doesn't have to and he won't. That's why they like to interview before the get a lawyer so they have a version from them. Then when they find evidence witnesses etc that contradicts their story they can use that in court. Solicitor won't let him talk to Police.:banghead::truce:

He has been under legal advise from either the first day (rumour) or a couple of days later (fact). He is under no obligation to speak to police. His lawyers must have told police that he will not make a statement and is excercising his right to remain silent.

An ex-Rhodesian family would no doubt look down on a family from Riverview!

He has been under legal advise from either the first day (rumour) or a couple of days later (fact). He is under no obligation to speak to police. His lawyers must have told police that he will not make a statement and is excercising his right to remain silent.

As posted previously: The silence speaks volumes...

If there was any type of link to underworld type figures it would have been GBC who would have been swimming with the fishes not ABC.

Bikie gangs, mafia, underworld figures, criminals etc. all still have a code....innocent women and children do not get murdered in retaliation for the sins of their husbands/fathers etc

So I doubt ABC was killed due to a business dispute or debt.

This is my first post here but I have been a long time lurker. The one thing that resonates with me is if the Dickies felt GBC was innocent they would have made the fact known. After all, he was their daughters husband and father to their granddaughters. They may not like him but they would not let it be thought that they thought he was guilty. As we all know even when people are proven to be innocent of a crime there is always talk. And this would have ongoing impact on the little girls. IMO.

Welcome ....And, as we know from media reports, he told the Dickies that "she had gone for a walk and didn't return" and nothing else, but he told the police he last saw her watching the Footy Show at 10 pm the night before when he went to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member