Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
and there isn't anything wrong with your thoughts dear.....Realistically, all we are putting out here, is our thoughts of what we see, feel, and get from the links. Even how people perceive things from what is put before them can be different.

People read here, that she is not a suspect TM....But I read that if the affair is a focus of a murder investigation, that surely includes her.....as she is a major part of that affair, then that would make her a suspect.

Yes, so true. And even if the affair has been a major focus, it may have also been dicounted. Though I have to think there is still something in it possibly.

I had some theories. Some of which I couldn't share for reasons of hearsay-though reportedly coming from QPS. But also may have had nothing to do with any of it. But another theory could have been business related. Now I am not so sure its worth me even saying. But as his laptop was seized from the his parents place and shredded documents from the real estate. I did wonder about dodgy business dealing gone wrong. I guess it could still be tied up in it. But maybe the fact of the affair and the monetary problems is more simple (simple not the right word- unfathomable maybe) I will await the news and facts to unfold.

Now I'm sharing this because I love it when other locals share their tidbits! :)

It may or may not be true, so please take it with a grain of salt. I will be proven right or wrong tomorrow anyway.

I was in a line up at the show with my family, and in front of us in line was a local polly. I heard him say the name "Gerard" so my ears pricked up! The polly was telling his wife that he "had a long conversation with Gerard just then" then the next bit I heard was "he is really stressed because they are doing a piece in the paper tomorrow about his affair."

Small town! Someone is always listening :) So, it is probably just going to be a story on the affair, which we kind of all know about anyway don't we (although I wonder how much detail it will include about the who and when etc etc).

I couldn't stop thinking about Allison tonight. So very sad imagining her there in previous years, it is such a great family event. It isn't fair.

Well Done!! great pair of ears you have ! :rocker:

I've read back a few pages and there is something I would like to share. I believe that all people are equal, BUT there ARE some traits that are relevant to different nationalities.
I know, and have known many South Africans and one trait they all share is thinking they are just a little above everyone else. Some will blatantly look down their nose at you and just about tell you face to face you dont, and will never have as much class as them. Appearances are EVERYTHING to them. I have had 2 South African friends (I put up with their rubbish) because I enjoy their company. Many I've run from, just not being made to constantly feel like I don't measure up.

I will tell you a story about one such family who were my neighbors, which disturbed me and really made me wonder. I think it's relevant here because it shows how shame was handled by this family, because class was EVERYTHING to them. However behind closed doors their relationship was BIZARRE.

They were our neighbors and one day they asked to borrow our video camera. We had known them for a while and they were a middle aged, quite good looking couple with 3 kids, 2 boys and 1 girl. Outwardly they seemed very classy and acted like they had reasonable morals and struck me as good honest people, although a bit snobbish. So, they use the video camera and return it and forget to erase a portion of the tape (tape...yes it was that long ago). So we are watching footage of our holiday, the tape cuts out and we come to footage of them mucking around in their lounge room. The son comes up behind his mother and starts rubbing her breasts. Then he steps to her side, puts hs hand up her shirt and jiggles her breasts. He was about 11 years old. You can hear the family laughing and the father who was shooting the footage instructing him to do it again and sounding like some sort of pervert. It shocked me like you would not believe. 6 months later the husband disappears and the whole neighborhood is told he gt a job working in Dubai, however we received a letter mistakenly meant for them which was addressed to his wife from long bay jail. It turned out he was in prison for theft.

The whole family came up with a story, even the children stuck to the story. Their outward appearances never wavered. We never told anyone what we knew, but these people would jump on, gossip about ad belittle anyone they had the opportunity to, while keeping there own dirty little secrets safe. How they managed to still look down their noses at people, while the father was incarcerated for theft, I could never understand. But years later I know now, this is the South African way. Even one of my best friends who is only 6 years from leaving South Africa tells me he is not surprised.

I'm not racist. I do believe that people from different heritages can learn down through times to behave certain ways. Australians are down to earth, a lot of us are slobs and casual, Americans "know it all".... The Englsh are pompous, and South Africans....well they are snobs, to whom outward appearances mean everything.

isn't it just as morally reprehensible to have an affair?

if he was the one that had the affair, then he has put his wife and children in this predicament not the media!

and if it is a pretence/cause for the murder of his wife, then surely you agree it is significant top publicise it!

and, if the mistress has been questioned and is "thought" to be involved, then again i think it appropriate it is discussed in the media!

if you don't want your life spread across the media, don't kill your wife, don't have an affair! SIMPLE.

I don't agree with the blatant publication of this with accompanying photographs. Particularly when there is a murder investigation underway. This has been done purely to sell papers and it is morally reprehensible. There are 3 little girls here and each party's families to consider. If Tony McHugh has children, here are more victims of irresponsible.

Since when is it a crime to have an affair, and what is the necessity to report this at such an inappropriate time? Wrong, wrong, wrong.

It is one thing for community gossip, and fora gossip for that matter, but here it is in your face. ABCs children go to school and have mates the same age who can read, so this is very harmful to the children.

It makes me sick.

I completely disagree with you. People need to think about this sort of thing happening, when they get involved in such unsavoury acts. For every action we take, their may be a consquence. This is an example of a consequence taken because their actions KG. You can be angered all you like....But this affair may be the reason Allison was murdered....as it has been stipulated in the article, it is the focus of Allison's murder investigation......Think more about Allison....because she is dead.....................they still have their lives after there sick acts.

Thanks brightspark!

I wonder how GBC knew this article was coming out tomorrow?

Maybe the paper made a courtesy call to him to tell him, and ask if he had any comment.

I don't agree with the blatant publication of this with accompanying photographs. Particularly when there is a murder investigation underway. This has been done purely to sell papers and it is morally reprehensible. There are 3 little girls here and each party's families to consider. If Tony McHugh has children, here are more victims of irresponsible.

Since when is it a crime to have an affair, and what is the necessity to report this at such an inappropriate time? Wrong, wrong, wrong.

It is one thing for community gossip, and fora gossip for that matter, but here it is in your face. ABCs children go to school and have mates the same age who can read, so this is very harmful to the children.

It makes me sick.

The children are going to find out all about their father's affair whether the Courier-Mail reports on it or not. So I don't see why they should not have printed the article.

They will find out all about the circumstances of their mothers murder no one is going to be able to shield them from that. That is just life, they can't live in a glass bubble for the rest of their lives.

It makes me sick.

Understandable. I wonder if its coming out now though, because it is to be followed by news of arrests very soon.

and there isn't anything wrong with your thoughts dear.....Realistically, all we are putting out here, is our thoughts of what we see, feel, and get from the links. Even how people perceive things from what is put before them can be different.

People read here, that she is not a suspect TM....But I read that if the affair is a focus of a murder investigation, that surely includes her.....as she is a major part of that affair, then that would make her a suspect.
I'm with you. I think that the affair has a big part to play in this. And I feel that Allison possibly died as a result of not wanting to let go of her marriage. I still feel it was premeditated.

I've read back a few pages and there is something I would like to share. I believe that all people are equal, BUT there ARE some traits that are relevant to different nationalities.
I know, and have known many South Africans and one trait they all share is thinking they are just a little above everyone else. Some will blatantly look down their nose at you and just about tell you face to face you dont, and will never have as much class as them. Appearances are EVERYTHING to them. I have had 2 South African friends (I put up with their rubbish) because I enjoy their company. Many I've run from, just not being made to constantly feel like I don't measure up.

I will tell you a story about one such family who were my neighbors, which disturbed me and really made me wonder. I think it's relevant here because it shows how shame was handled by this family, because class was EVERYTHING to them. However behind closed doors their relationship was BIZARRE.

They were our neighbors and one day they asked to borrow our video camera. We had known them for a while and they were a middle aged, quite good looking couple with 3 kids, 2 boys and 1 girl. Outwardly they seemed very classy and acted like they had reasonable morals and struck me as good honest people, although a bit snobbish. So, they use the video camera and return it and forget to erase a portion of the tape (tape...yes it was that long ago). So we are watching footage of our holiday, the tape cuts out and we come to footage of them mucking around in their lounge room. The son comes up behind his mother and starts rubbing her breasts. Then he steps to her side, puts hs hand up her shirt and jiggles her breasts. He was about 11 years old. You can hear the family laughing and the father who was shooting the footage instructing him to do it again and sounding like some sort of pervert. It shocked me like you would not believe. 6 months later the husband disappears and the whole neighborhood is told he gt a job working in Dubai, however we received a letter mistakenly meant for them which was addressed to his wife from long bay jail. It turned out he was in prison for theft.

The whole family came up with a story, even the children stuck to the story. Their outward appearances never wavered. We never told anyone what we knew, but these people would jump on, gossip about ad belittle anyone they had the opportunity to, while keeping there own dirty little secrets safe. How they managed to still look down their noses at people, while the father was incarcerated for theft, I could never understand. But years later I know now, this is the South African way. Even one of my best friends who is only 6 years from leaving South Africa tells me he is not surprised.

I'm not racist. I do believe that people from different heritages can learn down through times to behave certain ways. Australians are down to earth, a lot of us are slobs and casual, Americans "know it all".... The Englsh are pompous, and Sotheby's Africans....well they are snobs, to whom outward appearances mean everything.
True Opening someone else's mail is actually a criminal offence.

It makes me sick.

Since the start the locals on this forum have been telling us about an ongoing affair that was pretty much public knowledge and they were told not to use gossip unless they had evidence or conformation of some kind. The affair has now been confirmed so surely we can also beleive that everyone in the area knew about it. They were not discreet the photo of them together will not be news to those who know them or their children who would have teased the girls about it already if they were going to. Normally I would agree with you but in this case I'm afraid i'm just too incensed by their arrogant selfishness,:slap::slap::slap:

Greg,

I am only posing a suggestion of what could have transpired. Some posts have implied that perhaps GBC didn't do it but does know something about it. One thought was that he has told the police everything.... but we don't know the "everything". Another thought was that he told them as much as he could......perhaps he had suspicions...but they were only suspicions rather than hard fact.........perhaps he told police as much as he felt that he had to....who knows perhaps there is fear of what others are capable of doing to him, his daughters or broader family given what they have done to his wife. Again, this is just brainstorming other possible scenarios not hard fact.

I also believe that the police commissioners article where he refers to the fact that they act quickly with women and children missing was more a general statement about how they handle husbands reporting wife's to be missing rather than confirmation that this incident is purely the result of DV.

hi seeking

i appreciate your right to make suggestions and put forward alternate theories but what you have proposed in your initial post does not seem to fit in with any of the known facts of this case, which I do admit are limited at this point of time.

Yes Maxymoo I agree it was such common knowledge the girls might even have already known about it.

Totally agree!

IMO...GBC is ego fuelled and his image means everything to him.
Even though he had to rent ...and down grade vehicles...it didn't stop him from keeping the 'illusion of success' going by indulging in a Taj Mahal office.
He could've had a more modest one and saved himself from the pressure of debt...but he listens to ego.
IMO he likes to think of himself bigger and better than anybody else...he's trying to create a name for himself like his Great Grandfather did.
IMO...when he was a child and found out who his Great Grandfather was...it planted a seed within his mind from a very young age that has resulted in the making of his character what it is today. He HAD to succeed. He HAD to make a name for himself.
He HAD to be somebody...and he craves for the same recognition his Great Grandfather received by the community.
Well he's got what he wished for...but his name will be 'MUD'.
Ego will always lead you down the devils path.

IMO he has strived to reach the top ...by creating the 'illusion' that he's at the top.
It's not living life truthfully...and even though he spruked about honesty...it's just a word he liked to associate himself with to be part of the illusion...IMO.
His family was also part of this illusion...promoting himself as a caring and wonderful family man image...but his ego is what directs and controls him ...and led him to the path of a mistress...IMO.
The mistress 'was' common knowledge...IMO...no efforts were made to conceal it...IMO...it reminds me of Prince Charles and Camilla...and Dianna being snuffed out...IMO

Allison was very successful and talented...IMO she married beneath her.
GBC was a try-hard at being an achiever...Allison was one.
'She' was his biggest achievement IMO...the mother that produced {quote} 'my children'.

In my opinion...she should've killed him!
Ironically, he may have created a name for himself as big as his great grandfathers, but not the kind that he or they would like.

It makes me sick.
This is something that GBC and TM should have considered before embarking on an extra marital affair. It isn't the community's fault, nor is it the media's fault. In these kinds of situations dirty laundry is aired, most often because it is relevant to the case. There are many cases when the wife is killed by either the husband or the mistress. Maria Korp's death is a prime example.

Very true. I think many of us have seen people who turn out to be perpertrators of a crime, initally crying crocodile tears and pleading for the return of their loved one. Acting one way or the other doesn't necessarily prove guilt or innocence. It can definitely be an perceived as an indicator. but not proof.

At the time of the interview, she was a missing person. I know his demeanor was odd..but I think at that stage he and his sister believed they were asking her to come home...

It has been said alot that he basically got up and reported her missing, I cant find the earliest news articles but im sure they said he had called all their friends and family before reporting it to police....is that right??

It makes me sick.

I completely agree! This info should only have been printed if it became evidence (one of them charged). Those little girls are no doubt already hearing horror stories about their Mum, Dad and his involvement etc.

Many adult women are reported missing and none get such a quick response. "There were alarm bells ... ". IMO there is an underlying message in his comments, not just that women and children are more vulnerable and this was out of character.

‎"Asked why police responded in such force to a missing person's report on the Friday morning, Supt Ainsworth yesterday said officers who first attended ((((((((((( made unspecified observations )))))))))))))))) they reported to detectives."

The affair was so common knowledge, we had people coming onto the forum trying to put links of photos of him and Toni McHugh together, painting (at maybe Nigelaines) after the floods....ON OLIVIA WALTONS profile....and they looked like a couple, all cuddly.....indicating that the Baden-Clay's were aware they are item.

Sadly, Olivia had heard that people were trying to look and had deleted the photo or set her profile to private (facebook)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties