Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with you that every personal situation is different in regards to affairs- many scenarios and differing emotions. Allison knew TM and GBC thing was happening and it wasn't the first time, don't really think the hurt for her would have effected her in a way to instigate a major argument- she had seen this unfold numerous times before. Getting to the bottom of the sorid mess will be, in my opinion, Gerard, who when confronted with the same situation couldn't handle it.

Royster I really do agree with your post.......I have known several men who had affairs every chance they could and not one of them could handle it if their wife/partner did likewise. One guy I know actually beat the crap out of his wife when he found out that she cheated on him but yet in his mind it was ok for him to cheat whenever he wanted. Go figure :waitasec:

By all accounts the Baden-Clay marriage was done and dusted.

IF Allison did have someone new in her life then I bet GBC was seething and could not handle it.

Gotta get things off my chest.

People who have affairs are not BAD people, they are just people. I have had a number of affairs because my wife and I aren't that interested in each other anymore, and so has she. So we don't even know if ABC was upset about GBC's affair - and she was maybe having her own anyway.

Let's look at other persons of interest - if GBC is guilty as sin the police would have IMMEDIATELY locked him up to get him away from his girls, they would NEVER permit a man like that to have free access to the girls after he killed their mother.

As a father I hope and pray this is true.

Gerard Baden Clay is not a monster, just a man. And let's try to remember that in getting to the bottom of this sordid, sordid mess.

Actually we do know that she was upset about the affair

The police can only arrest someone when they have a watertight case, unfortunately not if they believe he is guilty as sin and shouldn't be with the girls.

I hope more than anything he's not for the little girls sake.

Hi all - does anyone have a link to the news tonight? Ignore this if it has already been posted, am a bit behind :)

It has been mentioned on here that Allison had been seeing someone other than her husband. Is this 'local' gossip?

Never heard any 'local gossip' or verified facts on this. From all I have read, this is something someone put forward as their own speculation, nothing more.

I agree, I had a relationship with a man some years ago who told me he was separated. One morning his wife arrived on my doorstep to introduce herself.
I was horrified to learn that "separated" meant that he had moved next door to his parents townhouse and for all intents and purposes he was still existing in a marriage if not a troubled one. I left immediately but still bore the label of a homewrecker.

there is all types of arses out there...sorry you got 'cheated on' also....this is not the same as intentionally and knowingly hurting someone and doing it anyway...you were a victim too

Yeah I know LOL...just hearing TM's reaction to todays news struck a nerve with me.

Hehe I can tell! She has certainly ruffled some feathers. Not surprised she's hiding, won't be winning any popularity contests for the time being.

Reading the CM report this morning got me thinking about how the reporting of this story doesn't fit with the "normal" pattern of crime reporting by MSM.

I'm a law student and over the last couple of years I've collated hundreds of pages of journal articles, reports and press articles for various assignments. However I can't come up with a single example where this type of story has been run by MSM before the trial.

Which leads me to ask why this story? and why was it run now?

Without police knowledge or approval it could have jeopardised the investigation. So if we accept that QPS knew about the story, what would they hope to achieve by having it put into the wider public domain? After all, anyone who knew GBC already knew about the affair.

Any thoughts?

People who have affairs are not BAD people, they are just people. I have had a number of affairs because my wife and I aren't that interested in each other anymore, and so has she. So we don't even know if ABC was upset about GBC's affair - and she was maybe having her own anyway.

Let's look at other persons of interest - if GBC is guilty as sin the police would have IMMEDIATELY locked him up to get him away from his girls, they would NEVER permit a man like that to have free access to the girls after he killed their mother.

Gerard Baden Clay is not a monster, just a man. And let's try to remember that in getting to the bottom of this sordid, sordid mess.

You can't just lock someone up!!

A post earlier in the day that had five Australian cases from the point of view of the families, the ones with kids still had the killer spouse looking after the kids. So they have to make a case and do a proper arrest. And still the suspect may get bail.

Re the affairs.......wonder if that means in the past or now?

Who knows curiosityktcat.....

From what I was told he has always been a flirt and ladies man he's probably always screwed around every chance he could get, men don't suddenly become philanderers overnight. Look at Tiger Woods, lovely family man by all accounts but he just couldn't keep it in his pants!

I personally think it's an ego thing, people who cheat need their egos stroked (amongst other things).

Reading the CM report this morning got me thinking about how the reporting of this story doesn't fit with the "normal" pattern of crime reporting by MSM.

I'm a law student and over the last couple of years I've collated hundreds of pages of journal articles, reports and press articles for various assignments. However I can't come up with a single example where this type of story has been run by MSM before the trial.

Without police knowledge or approval it could have jeopardised the investigation. So if we accept that QPS knew about the story, what would they hope to achieve by having it put into the wider public domain? After all, anyone who knew GBC already knew about the affair.

Any thoughts?

The public definitely found out about Max Sica and a lot of things he did before the trial! It seems pretty consistent with other cases to me, not different.

Hi Julianbella,

IMO Gerard Baden Clay killed his wife and dumped her like a piece of rubbish. That makes him a monster in my eyes. He is just not man enough to confess.
And because of this, and the fact he has a top notch barrister in his corner, the QPS have a much harder job in bringing the *** to justice. But I have no doubt, it will happen.

And my heart will break for those little girls, when their mother's killer is brought to justice.

And it didn't get by me unnoticed either. :kimsterwink:

Let's get back on topic. No more spelling/grammar posts please. Discuss the case.

Stay on topic.

Don't criticize each other. Follow the rules. Don't worry, be happy. :rocker:

LOL ...think we may have to make you an "Honorary Aussie" Kimster

ITSTHEVIBE - FYI, Mods told us back then not to discuss the hand anymore and it was probably them who deleted certain post in that regard.

I think if they are hurting the wife who is working on saving her marriage, then they are not morally conscious people. Of course some marriages go that way, and often both parties are happy to be left alone to their own devices.....I have not seen or heard anything to suggest Allison was happy or accepting..like you said, people who have affairs are not monsters, but dont forget Gerard Baden Clay and Toni McHugh have been specifically talked about in the last 4 weeks BY POLICE, as persons of interest. I dont think we are talking about a little fling that the whole family is happy about anymore.

Any thoughts?

The Dickie family Im gathering are no strangers to the way these things go. From professional experience maybe they felt it was time to go forward with info to get some perspective to a lot of local specualtion. They hold more cards than we credit with how & what needs to be made public. Nothing at present is stopping them saying anything - working with the QPS they have determined that backing up quite noted facts is doing no harm to the case and maybe even putting people that are sweating at present in a position to come forward before more information becomes public- therefore not having to wait for confessions.

IMO

Hi JulianBella, who are the other persons of interest that you would like to look at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back