Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Oreily He has officially been named a suspect only a few days ago. We talked about it in the previous thread, but not as yet been charged.

Morning/Eveninig All .... When has he been named as an official suspect?? I don't think that is correct. I believe I have read all media reports and listened to all footage from the Detectives and can't recall him being named as an official suspect? Can you please provide a link? Thanks.

Allison's children will always have the Baden Clay surname, I wouldn't think she would change that. Her headstone will have the name on it.

nobody can intelligently comment on that fact. change of name is a stroke of a pen away. too many variables and ifs and buts to go making that call.
If what many suspect will eventually happen and GBC is implicated or involved in this then I have no doubt that one or even all 3 of the girls would remove the surname of the man who murdered their mothe out of theiir own name..i would and thought it would be pretty obvious.

nobody can intelligently comment on that fact. change of name is a stroke of a pen away. too many variables and ifs and buts to go making that call.
If what many suspect will eventually happen and GBC is implicated or involved in this then I have no doubt that one or even all 3 of the girls would remove the surname of the man who murdered their mothe out of theiir own name..i would and thought it would be pretty obvious.

I am intelligent and I commented.

If they are going to arrest a parent, with children in the home, they will take along a Child Safety Officer and a female police woman.

you are way off the mark on this one..this isnt a typical arrest of situation

You can't ban him from the classroom, that's just stupid. He's not even been officially named a suspect let alone arrested or charged with anything.

It's not like he's about to go on a mass killing spree of 7 year olds.

You'd be amazed who ur kids are around that you have no idea about. If he starts being banned from classrooms they will get themselves into
some trouble re: innocent til proven guilty for one, and then the defamation side of it. What are they meant to say "us parents and forum goers think
u killed her, get out"

lol

It doesn't need to be an official ban. As you say, people are around our kids we have no idea about. I don't need any official endorsement to decide Joe Blow who I do not trust is not going to be around my kids because there's a good chance there isn't one yet. So if I have a discussion with my kid's school that a certain parent is not going to be in the classroom with my kids, then that is what is going to happen whether the school has a quiet word or I keep them home.

Innocent until proven guilty is for legal processes, it is not a mandate individuals need to comply with in deciding whom they will be in the presence of.

I may be off the mark, however, I can't see how it is not a typical arrest. It is the way it usually is. Police will contact Child Safety and arrangements are made just in case the person being arrested is alone with children in the home.
So far I am of the opinion that GBC will not be arrested. (he may be given the option to hand himself in if he is indeed guilty of anything)

I can't find an online link sorry, however the Courier Mail has a small article today.
It is about the Dickies thanking everyone for the sympathy cards and support. They say they have been given free tickets for entry and rides to the Brookfield show and will be taking the children this weekend.

I wonder if they know GBC took them last night? It also shows he didn't have to take them to make sure they didn't miss out on going when he would have known full well their Grandparents were taking them today. Obviously an opportunity for him to garner support and sympathy in the community. IMO

In some ways I think it is a shame that the whole of Brisbane can read that the children will be at the show this weekend. Poor Dickies may have thought they were just making conversation with the journalist and then there it is in print.

Or perhaps like you say he really neednt of taken them to the show he was just "show casing": and gaging community support IMO

Leaving open the theory someone else is responsible they somehow dropped the car back to the GBC/ABC house if the reports of the car being seen out and about is true.... So Assuming this the perp would have driven up the long gravel driveway in the early hours of the morning with no headlights on and quite enough not to be heard by the sleeping GBC.... Extremely gutsy perp!!!

You would not be banning him you just say that his help is not needed. Easy. No need to give him a reason, he is not an employee you are firing...

and then when the teacher advises him that his help is not needed all the children turn to him in a trance like state and start to eerily chant......

REDRUM
REDRUM
REDRUM.......

:ghost:

I am on to it Oreily.

Btw I have just worked out that to walk from NBC s place to GBCs place is only about 1 km.

I may be off the mark, however, I can't see how it is not a typical arrest. It is the way it usually is. Police will contact Child Safety and arrangements are made just in case the person being arrested is alone with children in the home.
So far I am of the opinion that GBC will not be arrested. (he may be given the option to hand himself in if he is indeed guilty of anything)

i agree about child safety and female officers for the children, I would also like to think that the dickies would be notified soon after to collect the kids....hopefully not many BC's will be around to do that after the arrests...imo

I think there will be a phone call made and he will go with his legal representation to the police station at an appointed time, rather than it happen at home or elsewhere. I think the police will be keen to give him all the protection of his rights from the get go so there is no wiggle room.

I also don't think they will be delaying for any other reason than waiting on the forensic reports. If he is guilty his ongoing contact with his daughters is likely unhelpful to both them and the legal process if they need to give any statements.

Or perhaps like you say he really neednt of taken them to the show he was just "show casing": and gaging community support IMO

That's what I thought as well...the eternal showman. How many people would be able to put up such a front only a week after a spouse's funeral/ death in such horrific circumstance.

Totally unrelated...just bit of a coincidence with the previous comments about headstones... found this pic on imgur...

http://imgur.com/gallery/6WGXF

Morning/Eveninig All .... When has he been named as an official suspect?? I don't think that is correct. I believe I have read all media reports and listened to all footage from the Detectives and can't recall him being named as an official suspect? Can you please provide a link? Thanks.

No hasn't officially been names as a suspect, if indeed his travel rights have been revoked or has been put on the travel watch or restriction list we would know and so would he and would may also appeal this restriction.

As for his presence in the classroom of his daughter's school, he is known by them and is a familiar face to the kids, if indeed it is the case that he is the person responsible in whole or part for Allison's death then it disturbs me that he is still free and conducting himself overtly in public although he always did. Parents with concerns for his presence have the right to protest and remove their children from the environment individually or en masse until this discontinues simply on the basis of character dislike proven or not, the Principal will be well aware of the legal implications for and against the situation of his presence as opposed to the happiness of the student and parent body, GBC is a member of the P&C I believe.

Personally I would not be happy about it and would consider some action but regard this as possible victimization of GBC.

On the night of the torrential rain, I was at a wedding about 2kms from where ABC's body was discovered. We all watched as a dry creek bed soon became a flowing river. It was unbelievable. In fact, the reception was cancelled early and we were told to leave ASAP as flooding was soon imminent and all access out of Brookfield was to be cut off. It makes perfect sense that the body would have been dislodged and carried downstream, especially with such a current like there was on that night. I wonder if police have conducted a search of waterways that lead to where she was found. By starting at the end point and working backwards, vital evidence may be found.

I posted a link a page or so back -areas were cordoned off near the Scout Camp, and Wirrabarra Rd. In an earlier article they searched Flaggy Creek, Little Ugly and Kholo Creek - but I havn't got a link to that. But the search areas mentioned in the link would include those creeks being searched.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2012/05/03/police-find-suspected-drag-marks-near-creek/

http://media.theage.com.au/news/national-news/body-confirmed-as-missing-mum-3263221.html

Then again, perhaps it is taking time as they are also looking at others being accessories to disposing of the body. This case is such high profile that the police must cover all angles. Including motive, opportunity and potential accomplices.

I agree with you. Also, I believe his lawyers will be given the option for him to come into the Police Station and be arrested there out of public/media view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva