Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Maxymoo I agree it was such common knowledge the girls might even have already known about it.

Children are very clever creatures. I'm sure if the affair has been on going, there would have been much discussion at home between husband and wife... probably not in hushed voices either.

I completely disagree with you. People need to think about this sort of thing happening, when they get involved in such unsavoury acts. For every action we take, their may be a consquence. This is an example of a consequence taken because their actions KG. You can be angered all you like....But this affair may be the reason Allison was murdered....as it has been stipulated in the article, it is the focus of Allison's murder investigation......Think more about Allison....because she is dead.....................they still have their lives after there sick acts.

If there were not those three young children, who have no voice in all of this, I would not be so concerned.

Yes, selfish spouses who have affairs never think of anyone by themselves and their needs. Consequences are not part of their psyche

Didn't his sister say he was a good husband, and 543 stating how GBC adored Allison ?The funeral notice now makes sense: wife of Gerard, loving etc of everyone else.

and to me, the fact that he hasnt spoken to the police (even on Solicitors advice)...proves in itself, that he does not want to find out who killed his wife, therefore doesnt care about his wife. Surely a husband would want to know what happened to the mother of their children and would favour being co-operative over, being unhelpful. JMO

I think his actions make him look guilty, its ok to lawyer up but for God sake be as involved as you possibly can if you want your wifes killer found.

True Opening someone else's mail is actually a criminal offence.

Rational...didn't open the mail, the return address was long bay jail and he was the addressee. We queried a guy from a motor vehicle auction house he used to hang around and that guy told us what happened. He was selling cars through this guys auction house. He had a visit from the police and knew all about it.

As soon as we got their mail, we returned it to their letter box, it was never opened, nor did we tell them it was delivered to us by mistake. We were their immediate next door neighbors.

Never said I opened their mail :)

Didn't his sister say he was a good husband, and 543 stating how GBC adored Allison ?The funeral notice now makes sense: wife of Gerard, loving etc of everyone else.

Yes the funeral notice spoke loud and clear IMO.....it was also headed Allison (Dickie) Baden-Clay......usually it would be put Allison Baden-Clay (nee Dickie)

Hi everyone, this is my first post. I have read all of the threads and been following the case through the media etc. since before Allison was found. This tragedy is just so sad on so many levels. All I can do is pray for God's comfort, and strength for the whole family and friends (all sides) and great wisdom and integrity for the QPS in bringing the TRUE perpetrator(s) to justice.

I do have some thoughts, questions and observations though that I am happy to share. Just for background I don't live in QLD though I did grow up there (but not Brookfield) and I don't know anyone at all involved with this case. I had never even heard of the Baden-Clay family before this tragedy.

I can understand why people seem so focussed on GBC being the prime suspect, though I am not personally convinced that he did it. I believe that the police know far more than we know and we do have to be careful not to judge and mock someone who may well be innocent and in quite significant grief. Yes, if he is found to be the person who has done it he does deserve the full force of the law and judgement.......but let's wait till then. I am more interested in QPS arresting the right person(s) and taking the time to get it right rather than being in a hurry to get an arrest.

The amount of things that seem to have "leaked" (whether they are true or not is another question) from people who seem to know someone who is part of the investigation etc. bothers me too. It raises questions in me of the integrity of the staff investigating. Surely in this line of work, you wouldn't even tell your family snippets let alone anyone else. Surely it is part of the training of police officers to maintain confidentiality/ privacy/ secrecy of investigations. If these leaks are indeed true leaks and not just local gossip then this is something serious that QPS need to look at. I do have hope that indeed the staff are acting with integrity and aren't leaking info and so therefore I will disregard any info that has come this way.

Some questions that I have:
1. GBC could well have reported accurately and honestly to the police. If that is the case he was asleep at 10:00 at night. Could someone have come to the door after he was asleep and confronted Allison resulting in events that lead to her demise? Perhaps GBC is a heavy sleeper, maybe he was medicated or his bedroom may have been away from the front door or carport area. Some medications do make people more sleepy less alert etc. Perhaps for whatever reason he slept through whatever happened.
2. People have raised questions about why the police acted so quickly initially. I wonder whether GBC and ABC could have had any threats made to them in regards to any of their business dealings/ loan/ debts or whatever. Perhaps GBC informed the police of such concerns and that is what triggered the quick response. I don't know... this is just an idea. Then, if this is the case perhaps GBC could only tell them so much.....so as to let the police discover for themselves rather than being an informer.....perhaps at risk to his own or other members of his family's life etc.

I have to go.....family responsibilities beckon.......but I do promise to come back and write more.

"Asked why police responded in such force to a missing person's report on the Friday morning, Supt Ainsworth yesterday said officers who first attended made unspecified observations they reported to detectives."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...alarms-residents/story-e6frep2f-1226341666902

http://www.couriermail.com.au/ipad/baden-clay-cheated-on-allison/story-fn6ck45n-1226361029739

"The affair has been a focus of investigations and may be a factor in Mr Baden-Clay's near-silence publicly since his wife vanished and was found dead on a Kholo Creek riverbank at Anstead."

If the affair had nothing to do with Allison's death, why would the affair be a focus of investigations?.....................................The police aren't there to investigate an affair, they are investigating the DEATH OF ALLISON.

The above comment would surely mean, they feel this affair has something to do with Allison's death and as the affair includes Toni McHUgh, would that not make her a suspect?

definitely a person of interest!!!

Read on another sight that Alison may have been estranged from her parents at the time fo her death. Would make sense if everyone knew about the affair and they've been telling her to leave him causing an argument.

I think his actions make him look guilty, its ok to lawyer up but for God sake be as involved as you possibly can if you want your wifes killer found.
If not for himself, but for his children! How a man wouldn't do all he could to help bring his children's mother home is beyond me.

Rational...didn't open the mail, the return address was long bay jail and he was the addressee. We queried a guy from a motor vehicle auction house he used to hang around and that guy told us what happened. He was selling cars through this guys auction house. He had a visit from the police and knew all about it.

As soon as we got their mail, we returned it to their letter box, it was never opened, nor did we tell them it was delivered to us by mistake. We were their immediate next door neighbors.

Never said I opened their mail :)
Apologies True. I didn't say you did just that it was an offence

If there were ot those three young children, who have no voice in all of this, I would not be so concerned.

Yes, selfish spouses who have affairs never think of anyone by themselves and their needs. Consequences are not part of their psyche

I can understand......and you are very beautiful to think of those little ladies...and sorry, if I was over passionate in my response to you....Im a little worked up about it tonight. (I find I have nights where I am angry this mum got murdered, then I have nights why I am even wondering why I am caring about this case at all :( )

You are right about the kids...Sadly these kids may already know and consider it part of normal life in a household. Or may not know and now GBC feels awful. Either way, I feel these little ones will have it hard. I feel daddy and his lover murdered mummy.....................and I guess I cant help but be selfish a little, and relate it with the "What if this happened to me?"

I just cry.....the thought of being taken away from my babies because my hubby wanted to be with another woman....and wanted to be the parents of my babies, excluding me.....and killed me to play out their fantasy of happy families......(tears as I write this).

In one of the video clips of Olivia, (not sure if GBC was with her), she states 'Gerard loves Allison', which I thought was a strange comment to make when ABC was still missing.

Latest news re article about affair:
http://www.couriermail.com.au/ipad/baden-clay-cheated-on-allison/story-fn6ck45n-1226361029739

Sounds like they rehashed what has been said on this forum.

Clutching at straws and no new information that hadnt already been discussed here.

I am glad they did the story so a lot of people are going to know in the morning exactly the type of people Gerard and his affair partner are. Oh and it doesnt look so good for his family either who obviously knew.

Opportunity ... Tick
Motive. .... Double Tick

Since the start the locals on this forum have been telling us about an ongoing affair that was pretty much public knowledge and they were told not to use gossip unless they had evidence or conformation of some kind. The affair has now been confirmed so surely we can also beleive that everyone in the area knew about it. They were not discreet the photo of them together will not be news to those who know them or their children who would have teased the girls about it already if they were going to. Normally I would agree with you but in this case I'm afraid i'm just too incensed by their arrogant selfishness,:slap::slap::slap:

A slight segue but as the daughter of a long time 'philanderer', I can assure you I knew from a very young age exactly who my father was having an affair with (there were many)... and not just because he dragged my brother and I along to a lunch where he had the audacity to spend the entire time with his arms around the woman concerned while we sat there, confused and scared. Meanwhile, my mother was at home, heavily pregnant... If the girls had no idea of the affair, I can guarantee you his ego is such that those girls would have spent time with Ms McHugh under some 'friend of the family' guise. Years later, my father pulled this stunt again... some egos never learn.

As for Ms McHugh, there's footage out there of a woman bearing a very strong resemblance to her leaving the Nigelaine's residence and checking the mail box with Elaine... what do you think here?

http://media.brisbanetimes.com.au/news/national-news/police-raid-missing-mums-inlaws-3251753.html

In one of the video clips of Olivia, (not sure if GBC was with her), she states 'Gerard loves Allison', which I thought was a strange comment to make when ABC was still missing.

Yeah as she shook her head and bit her lip, wasnt very convincing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr