Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

Here's some Sunday reading for all of you - a piece from the Australian Police Journal which looks at a few relatively recent, notable murders in South Australia.

Of particular interest was hearing the husband's (Don Scott) perspective of his experience of his wife Dr Margaret Tobin's shooting murder. If you are looking for a case of genuine, devastating grief for a loved one, this is a good example. He also talks about how, as a matter of due course, the police had to eliminate him as a suspect.

The article also examines the devastating impact of the crimes carried out by Michelle Burgess/Kevin Matthews on Darren Burgess (Michelle's wife) and Kathy (his current partner).

Websleuthers here would also be interested in hearing from Yvonne Tidswell, mother of the victim of Burgess/Matthew, Carloyn. She talks about Kevin Matthews playing the part of the grieving father. It also touches on the impact Kevin Matthews arrest and the charges against him had on their three sons, to whom Ms Tidswell was a grandmother. Ms Tidswell was in a situation much the same as Priscilla Dickie, mother of Allison and grandmother to her three children.

Reading the article, it really hit home how these crimes have affected so many people, and for so long after they occur. On a positive note, it highlights the wonderful work of the police and detectives in these cases - not just in tracking down and convicting the perps, but also in providing support for the families.

http://journal.pasa.asn.au/apps/uploadedFiles/news/730/Victim_impact.pdf

whilst there is some talk on NBC, I saw a portrait of him and EBC earlier on. It was eerie to way she dominated the photo, her large man like hands across his neck, almost hugging him to her proud breast (now I cant remember the photo specifically, but this is what I recall when I think of it!! probably nothing like it Ill try to find it) Anyway, back to the photo...I thought it looked like she was in charge in no uncertain terms, anyone else see it? Im going to look now

Sux for her! Just another good reason not to have an affair! You NEVER know what might happen!

omg I just had to snip this out of your post
Don't believe for one minute he (and the Gang) were infatuated with anything other than poor TM's bank account/assets

Believe they flattered and charmed the daylights out of her because they saw her as being of benefit to themselves

Excellent point... was he using her for her money... coz we all know he had none!

Harking back three or so weeks, I read a post in a political forum where someone said, very matter of factly and briefly, that there was a new girlfriend, described as '22 year old, blonde, new admin.'

If there's anything to the pregnancy rumours, surely someone of that description would fit, rather than TM?

So Cassanova may have been betraying not only his spouse but also his mistress?

It is quite common, multiple affairs do go on, a cheating man cheats on his wife and his lover. Makes them feel quite powerful. Gets the women turning on each other. Horrible, poisonous situations can occur. I know, my ex did it to me, but had done the same or worse before me, to his long time partner and his mistress.

Re the pregnancy rumours, I dont even think they were rumours from an outside source, I think they were wild speculation that developed on here, which became rumours on this site for a brief time.

I have just had another look at GBCs interview the day Allison was found (30 April) and on it Decetective Ainsworth says 'we are treating this as unlawful homicide and in fact have been doing this for some time now'. So what could have made the police think that it was homicide before they even found he body of Allison?

All the scratches on him when he first reported her missing to qps?

yep..BWANA the big kahuna calls himself an 'enhanced marriage facilitator' everyone's too afraid to delve too deeply into that one!!

I hear public displays of affection are recommended at times of stress.

So the cats finally out of the bag huh?

TM has been interviewed 3 times adding up to approximately 5 hours. It doesn't take that long to confirm an affair. She knows something imo.

"Police have been TOLD the relationship between Mr BC and Century 21 ,,......"

Media knows that Police have been told because the same people who told the media about the affair also told them that they had told this to the Police.

I could be wrong (I so often am and It's sooooo exhausting lol) but I think posters are giving QPS too much credit for controlling the media. Seriously in my experience they don't.

Eg Child Murder is released from prison. QPS doesn't want the public to know where he is living etc because then there are huge problems with angry mobs etc. Media do not care. They follow around with cameras because it sells papers the bigger the angry mob the better.

Am I making sense.....Ramble ramble ramble

yep..BWANA the big kahuna calls himself an 'enhanced marriage facilitator' everyone's too afraid to delve too deeply into that one!!

Ok I'll take the plunge and ask because I was wondering too. I may regret asking, but maybe it will just be a fancy name for something very mundane and not nearly as interesting as he makes it sound.

yes IMO the fresh scratch on his face would have to have been one of the first warnings..someone said earlier (unconfirmed) that the house reeked of disinfectant, and there was a fair bit of talk about the car/s possibly being washed, and if so, there might have been evidence like water dripping onto concrete etc, or the bonnets being warm still, driveway could have been hosed off and still wet etc

nonsense Im sorry. QPS would never reveal to the media what was said in a sit down interiew, simply not the case.
sunday mail are not directly quoting QPS here..
Sunday Mail have been itcing to report this affair from day 1. they have not reported it or done a story on it so far because they have not had permission from the police, it doesn't work like that.
QPS don't have the resources to sue QLD Newspapers! nor have the time...
this has been a calculated run on the behalf of QLD Newspapers and has been based on legal ramifications obviously since cleared up by 'their people'
honestly the naivity on how the media work on this forum really suprises me given the intellect floating about.
yes laser disc advertising makes them money not sale of newspapers. how they get advertisers in the first place and how much money they can charge for their advertising space depends entirely on their readership.....
to get the readership up they must SELL newspapers....sell sell sell
readers read stories like this, not harvey norman fride adverts...that comes secondary

When the Police place an embargo on the press, like they have in Allison's case, it happens exactly like that!

They do this so reporters can't rumour monger or print anything that could damage the case. This is NOT about selling papers. It is about keeping this case in the public's mind and letting the killer know only what they want him/her to. jmo

STOP BICKERING! Stop. If you don't like another's opinion - then move past it. Don't respond to it. But stop the back and forth. It is very disruptive to the thread.

If the post violates TOS, alert it and move on. DO NOT respond to it. By responding, you violate TOS and you make the situation more difficult for the mods.

Thanks,

Salem

I didnt actually notice any bickering. I'm not sure now, cant we comment and discuss what other people have posted? Or only if we agree? I really need clarification on this. I realise getting nasty or criticising someone for posting a certain opinion is a definite no-no, but disagreeing and putting forward another view, is that OK as long as it is done nicely without actual criticism of the other poster?

I'm just a little confused now and wondering if we are allowed to actually comment on the views put forward other posts as part of a discussion.

I only ask this not to cause trouble but just that i didnt notice any bickering and wondered if it was a cultural thing and it seemed to you that it was. Just wanting to get things straight. Maybe I missed something on a couple of pages i havent read. I'll go and check.

NOTE: Apologies, i have gone back and realised why the original post from Salem has occurred. Sorry I am losing track as the thread is moving so fast. I think I am clear on things now, and noticed the relevant posts in question. .

"Police have been TOLD the relationship between Mr BC and Century 21 ,,......"

Media knows that Police have been told because the same people who told the media about the affair also told them that they had told this to the Police.

I could be wrong (I so often am and It's sooooo exhausting lol) but I think posters are giving QPS too much credit for controlling the media. Seriously in my experience they don't.

Eg Child Murder is released from prison. QPS doesn't want the public to know where he is living etc because then there are huge problems with angry mobs etc. Media do not care. They follow around with cameras because it sells papers the bigger the angry mob the better.

Am I making sense.....Ramble ramble ramble

"Ms McHugh is the former staffer reported to have been interviewed at least three times by detectives and confirmed the relationship to police, The Sunday Mail can reveal."

It specifically says that TM confirmed the affair with police.

Although, as mountainhigh pointed out, the police haven't confirmed that she confirmed anything, so who knows where they get thier information.

whilst there is some talk on NBC, I saw a portrait of him and EBC earlier on. It was eerie to way she dominated the photo, her large man like hands across his neck, almost hugging him to her proud breast (now I cant remember the photo specifically, but this is what I recall when I think of it!! probably nothing like it Ill try to find it) Anyway, back to the photo...I thought it looked like she was in charge in no uncertain terms, anyone else see it? Im going to look now

It's NBC's profile pic on FB.
At first I didn't think it was EBC...she looks nothing like that now.

I'm wondering if her parent's rang Police after GBC rang them with his unemotional "Alison went for a walk and didn't come back" call.

As a parent you just know when something is very very wrong.

Perhaps they told Police re GBC behaviour recently which would "set of alarm bells" to the QPS.:jail:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE