Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's actually no confirmation that Allison's body was missing a hand, furthermore I have a vague recollection that the police statement was 'no outward signs of trauma'.

As for the weighting of the body, her body was found well up a bank at the hightide level, not underwater at all. The water was a good 3-4 metres down the bank.

:fence:

Of course the media release isnt going to go into the gory details. Could be nut jobs out there looking for 15mins of fame claiming they did it, if details are released, also in respect to the family.

My mum drowned and when they retrieved her body 4 days later - i couldnt id her, the only reason I was able to was because of the earrings and ring she had on, otherwise I wouldnt have known it was mum.

Allison Baden-Clay's husband had an affair with a woman at his work that was widely known about, friends say in evidence central to police investigations into the Brisbane mother's death.

The mother-of-three reportedly learned of the affair between Gerard Baden-Clay and Toni McHugh, a former saleswoman at the couple's real estate franchise, around a year before her body was found under a bridge in West Brisbane on April 30.

Ms McHugh has been interviewed at least three times by police and confirmed the affair, which was ongoing and widely known among family and friends, The Courier Mail reports.

Mr Baden-Clay's lawyer declined to comment on the reported affair and Ms McHugh was not answering her phone yesterday — she had refused earlier interview requests, saying she had "nothing to say".

But numerous sources spoke to The Sunday Mail, saying the affair became public long before the 43-year-old mother was reported missing by her husband on April 20.

One colleague said things came to a head around the middle of 2011 when Mr Baden-Clay came to work and told staff his wife had discovered the affair — Ms McHugh resigned almost immediately after.

"People saw them at events together. People saw them at dinners together. People had dinners with them together. It wasn't a well kept secret," a source told The Mail.

Mrs Baden-Clay's husband reported her missing from their home in Brookfield at 7.30am (AEDT) on April 20 after she failed to return from a walk.

Her body was later found under a bridge over Kholo Creek.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8470325/baden-clay-knew-of-husbands-affair

19 mins ago on ninemsn.........

Sorry if what I am typing below upsets anyone.

Just a question :

What made the police check out nbc shed ? Looking for Possums ?? Or maybe a stack of valuable old Playboy mags? Maybe a shovel? Or maybe something that was used to weigh Allison's body with ?

Somone here said they had creepy feeling about Kohlo Creek .....any rightly so, apparently Allison was there all the time. She was never meant to be found, her body was thrown over the bridge and she was weighted down, which is why she was missing a hand. The canoeist found her body UNDER the water in the very very low tide.......allegedly, apparently.........

Oh I must have missed that post - that's awful!

No..I am one of the group who does not think she thought it was ok....I didn't know Allison, but I feel she could not possibly have been a woman to grudgingly accept this life based on what we have heard about her? she has been described by so many who loved her over the last month or so, and not once did I ever get the feeling she would be accepting of this. It seems she had a lot of wonderful qualities, and being a motivated driven and passionate woman was one of them. I also believe she had pride from what I have read, and would maybe have soldiered on for outward appearances, but I don't believe she just gave up either, I think she would have fought tooth and nail if she thought it was worth it, and would have called for a divorce if not (IMO, that is where she was at when she was murdered) it goes without saying that even a woman such as she has been described can often be trodden down, feel doubtful about who she is, and lose confidence very quickly as a result of an affair. but I still dont think she would have succumbed to a life like that

Just in relation to this minni:

A person who lived just up the road said her household were told by police, there WAS DOMESTIC VIOLENCE in that house that night and "SOMETHING HAPPENED TO ALLISON."

I know just hearsay but quoted by someone who lived there.

So that search was started because they saw DV evidence....his scratches and his excuse for them was laughable and terribly bad/poor.

Hi there, we have discussed this extensively in previous threads but essentially, there's no requirement under the Queensland Criminal Code for anyone to provide a statement. The presumption of innocence ensures that charges must be proven in a court of law. The lawyer and barrister would be advising their client on police interaction and acting as a buffer regarding police AND media.

I'm fairly sure somewhere in thread 7 you can further links to the Queensland Criminal Code that may assist you further.

Mind you, there's no law against someone providing a statement in an effort to clear their name, either... the fact that some parties have been willing to meet with police on numerous occasions whilst others have not says much about personal ethics in my book. :moo:

Isn't that what I just said lol I refuse to exercise my right to remain silent

The corollary of that is that defence lawyers tell their clients that if they have no involvement in an offence that they should make a full and clear statement as soon as possible. The usual advice is not to talk to police without a lawyer present but if you can rule yourself out with a simple and obviously true explanation then you should do so. A failure to do so does not imply guilt but it naturally attracts the interest of investigators.

Thank you Hawkins! I like your clear and concise explanations.

OK please help me out here....

The paper states TM is the mistress who was interviewed 3 times, BUT no reference to being lawyered up.

How confident are we that TM is the ex colleague who is lawyered up?
Sounds like he may have had more than 1 mistress by some of the posts made...is the lady lawyered up, another mistress?
Just find it odd that the paper doesn't mention this.

The corollary of that is that defence lawyers tell their clients that if they have no involvement in an offence that they should make a full and clear statement as soon as possible. The usual advice is not to talk to police without a lawyer present but if you can rule yourself out with a simple and obviously true explanation then you should do so. A failure to do so does not imply guilt but it naturally attracts the interest of investigators.

thanks Hawkins..you keep us grounded....plus you kick lawyer butt

thanks mani just read on to get more info on it

Thanks Minni lol - I thought I had missed something!

and thanks to Maxymoo, Maevelorg and Hawkins for your legal knowledge.

I think that its fair to say that CJ wanting to beat a man senseless with a cattle prod for taking the life of an innocent mother, destroying the lives of three innocent young girls who need their mother everyday for the rest of their lives.....DOES NOT COMPARE with actually killing a beautiful young woman and throwing her lifeless body down a scraggy hillside....not trying to offend coffee chick, but I can't see the similarity...I want the person responsible to SUFFER, but I don't see what he (the killer) did as being part of the human condition

I can see it being no difference for as yet it has to be determined by law that GBC is guilty. What happens if he is Not Guilty - if we can do that to a fellow human being before he is found guilty - then we are no different - if we all ran around and gave people their just deserts because we 'feel' that are guilty then it does not make sense to me. I don't know if he is guilty or innocent but time will reveal that - making such rash statements on GBC and what should be done to him before that then it makes that person no different.

Likewise with TM - why is their so much hate out there for her - I know it was wrong - but I don't understand why some people on here are so vindictive about her. How do you know - she was the one that spilt them up - it could have been a previous affair he had that divided the marriage - I don't know them - the marriage may have been on the rocks before all the affairs started - I don't know... but surely a bit of compassion would not go astray here.. at least until we know the facts and who actually done it. A lot of you will have egg on your face if he is not the guilty party.... and everything hateful and vindictive you said - well who knows - his daughters may read of it one day - If he is guilty- then the law will certainly get him in the end. It patience that will win out in the end -

IMO suck it up, you rotten, lousy cow..are you upset because you are implicated in an affair? because it can't be that you are upset because you cared for Allison? the first time you were questioned when she was missing. you said 'i have nothing to say to you' the only reason IMO, you are upset now, is because you are caught out in your slimey affair...god forbid if you had something to do with her death, because you will have NO IDEA how bad your life will get IMO!!!
now, I really am signing off for a bit....( i just stomped my feet by the way)

She's distraught and devastated! Maybe that is how poor Allison felt when she found out about the affair! She brought this on herself.

At least she is still alive!

Short answer: because she is a human. So far all we know she is definitely guilty of is poor judgement. Personally I feel no need to become hateful and judgemental of someone when I am not privy to the full picture. People are more complicated than good vs evil. We have no idea what she's said to the police or whether she's being helpful or not.

Fair enough thats how you feel but I'm not sure if you could downgrade her behaviour to the "poor judgement" category. She was quiet happy to flaunt her relationship with a man who hadn't finished his marriage yet which imo, elevates her to the insensitive, selfish & unscrupulous category. A woman can run faster with her skirt up than a man with his pants down.

If Gerard's name was making headlines for more positive reasons, would she be devastated to be named publicly as his lover? jmo

Hi Everyone , first time poster- is it normal to be nervous?!..... IMO Allison was a vibrant, attractive person that was a magnet to people- this is obvious from the community feedback. Unfortunately Allison had a secret- being that she had married a complete mental (at least ) abuser and womaniser. Fast forward through years of "staying put" for the childrens sake and wanting to believe his protests of "it's over- she's left the company ect ect on numerous occasions--Allison realised IMHO

snip:wagon::Welcome1:

An excellent post. Just how she should be remembered.

This came out last Saturday night by Brissiechickinusa.

When Allison was found she was a mess, missing a hand nad had been weighted down apparntly allegedly..............
possibly forget the scout ground as disposal ground.
Allison was very wealthy in her own right, she did well out of Flight Centre and was a hard worker in whatever she did.

Her money was drained and leeched by half arsed decisions, not Allison though.

She used to share ballet duties with another mum, they pick the girls up and take them to ballet. Allison was a ballet dancer too.

Allison was murdered Police Commissioner has said so and she was an innocent victim just like Daniel Morecombe Sian Kingi and Anita Cobby.

I hope for her family it wont be unresolved like the Wanda Beach murders or the Beaumont Children.
thanks bamboozled and brizzychick..I hate to be so picky, but back to the hand? is this rumour? did you get a heads up from friends back here brizzychick? is it substantial? I feel like I missed a MAJOR part of this story. If they weighed her down, that absolutely has to imply the killer intended to throw her in the river, isn't this worthy of discussion? I don't stay away for very long ever on this thread, and thought I would at least have heard of this?

Hi Everyone,
I seem to recall when ABC was found that there was 'no obvious sign of trauma' or words to that effect. I assumed this would have meant no obvious sign of say strangulation or a head injury of some kind.

I have been diligently following these threads and have also appeared to miss the bits referring to ABC being weighted down and without a hand. I am not sure that has been confirmed by anyone at this stage.

Just my humble opinion.

Have the QPS verified that the screams had anything to do with this case. From my understanding there was a party down near where these screams were heard. Coming from a DV marriage with gambling, mistresses, alcohol, lies and in-laws that liked everything kept hush hush (I am now divorced) I wouldn't be surprised to hear that it was a DV situation gone real bad. From personal experience I can see how things may have played out.

I'm not sure about the screams coming from a party IMO, how often do parties happen on a thursday night or was it school holidays at the time?

Fair enough thats how you feel but I'm not sure if you could downgrade her behaviour to the "poor judgement" category. She was quiet happy to flaunt her relationship with a man who hadn't finished his marriage yet which imo, elevates her to the insensitive, selfish & unscrupulous category. A woman can run faster with her skirt up than a man with his pants down.

If Gerard's name was making headlines for more positive reasons, would she be devastated to be named publicly as his lover? jmo

I agree that they aren't the first people to have an affair and they won't be the last but what bugs the dickens out of me is the hypocrisy of the whole lot of the BC's. All that stuff on his web page about being Ethical and presenting himself as a pillar of the community. Refering to Alison as his angel. What message does it seed to his kids. In years to come they will look back and the penny will drop.

:maddening:

Just in relation to this minni:

A person who lived just up the road said her household were told by police, there WAS DOMESTIC VIOLENCE in that house that night and "SOMETHING HAPPENED TO ALLISON."

I know just hearsay but quoted by someone who lived there.

So that search was started because they saw DV evidence....his scratches and his excuse for them was laughable and terribly bad/poor.

wow......it is so frustrating, the waiting, can you imagine being on a thread for Jon Bennet Ramsey? we should probably chill the F*&^ out ha ha

I don't feel we have enough information to be in a good position to make really nasty judgements about her character. We don't know she was "happy to flaunt" anything. We have no ideas what kind of BS he fed her about the state of the marriage. I don't think calling her behaviour 'poor judgement' is a downgrade-we dont know everything about the situation. Personally I feel it is premature to just flat out attack this woman.

All just my opinion, and I recognise that it's an issue people are going to feel differently about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCSouthtrust