Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The children will be eligible to receive a victims of crime payment. This should cover some compensation and ongoing medical costs.
And Centrelink will no doubt help with the rest with Health Care Cards and Family Tax payments to whoever looks after the girls.

Willow, someone who goes by a 'nice hot morning drink' in thier name (and one or two others) have spent several posts today sharing their insensitive opinions on ABC, her sister, her best friend and more recently her poor parents.

I was being sarcastic

its a disgrace. its not even about having having a go at someone on their opinion. They are emmotionally and morally bankrupt statements that have no relevance to her murder.

I was the person who came in with the theory about the best friend....I felt I had backed it up with enough data to be looked into. (page 3 on this thread)

I dont feel this is about being nasty to the victim.....Noone would ever suggest Allison was a cow....Though to paint Allison as though she had no flaws, is a bit unrealistic.

I dont think for a minute anyone here would want to offend and be hurtful against Allison or her family....But surely we can look into a few more people than the Baden-Clay's.....I feel he did it....But is it wrong to exhaust other avenues?..Is that not what sleuthing is? Being unbiassed?

Respectfully meant of course...Dont tell me go "get real"....or I will come and paddywhack your bum....giggles

The next member who calls the police <any names> will receive a time out. It is actually a TOS violation to call ANYONE by derogatory names on Websleuths. Don't do it again!

Bickering amongst each other will no longer be tolerated whatsoever. Everyone has been warned repeatedly.
:hand:
:nono:

:tos:

Knock it off NOW!

I think it's really standard for people to make donations when a young parent suddenly dies or a families house burns down or they suffer from flooding etc. After the QLD floods people all over the country donated money, After Black Saturday in VIC same again. In my home town a young mother has cancer and has 3 young kids, they did a big fundraiser for their family. Where I live now, a guy was in the final stages of cancer and they did a big fundraiser to give him money for a final family holiday. A sporting league that I belong to donated thousands of dollars to a family whose daughter is waiting on a kidney transplant.
This happens every day all over the place! Yes the wording is different, this is a trust fund, but that's the only way it can work to ensure that it's used for the daughters and not GBC's legal fees.

I really really don't get what the bid deal is with the trust fund?? It's human nature to want to give and to want to help, in a situation like this, giving money is really the only way people can help the girls.

Fair enough and I did later state that it WOULD make sense for a trust fund to be opened if the family or anyone suspected GBC as then the kids would be left without parents.

The Trust Fund has absolutely nothing to do with how, why or by who Allison was killed. <modsnip>

Fair enough and I did later state that it WOULD make sense for a trust fund to be opened if the family or anyone suspected GBC as then the kids would be left without parents.

Sorry Schmick, I wasn't neccesarily aiming that at you - there's a lot of people who have an issue with the trust fund and I just wanted to point out how common it is for people to want to donate money.
I'm sorry if I did come across as rude, it certainly wasn't my intention :D There's enough bad vibes round here as it is, I surely don't want to add to that!!

The Trust Fund has absolutely nothing to do with how, why or by who Allison was killed. <modsnip>

Yes, thank you! There is so much at the moment that is irrelevant it's good to have a timely reminder :D

Sorry Schmick, I wasn't neccesarily aiming that at you - there's a lot of people who have an issue with the trust fund and I just wanted to point out how common it is for people to want to donate money.
I'm sorry if I did come across as rude, it certainly wasn't my intention :D There's enough bad vibes round here as it is, I surely don't want to add to that!!

No problem, I actually just felt a little bad anyway for mentioning the trust fund. I didn't even realise the Dickies set it up so in no way meant to put them in a bad light. I think I was getting a little side tracked out of boredom!! LOL

My take on the trust fund issue. The Dickies are retirees. They don't look like people who have a lot of financial resources. They have already raised 3 children and we all know how much money that takes! They may have been informed by the police right in the beginning, that they thought this was not a random attack and that hubby was in their sights. The poor grandparents are then thinking ... what if he is the perp and he ends up in jail? What will happen to the 3 girls and how are we going to cope financially raising 3 kids at our age and with limited resources?

If it is legal to set up a trust fund like this in this sort of situations, I don't see anything wrong with them wanting to take measures to ensure their grandkids have a decent future. AND ... I also believe they were sending a message to the perp: We know you did it and we are going to fight for those girls! (Actions speak louder than words.)

The next member who calls the police "pigs" will receive a time out. It is actually a TOS violation to call ANYONE by derogatory names on Websleuths. Don't do it again!

Bickering amongst each other will no longer be tolerated whatsoever. Everyone has been warned repeatedly.
:hand:
:nono:

:tos:

I refuse to comment on anything anymore. The last message i put up on here was from a friend and it was something that was reported to crimestoppers by my friend . Everytime i put something on here i either get abused or people reckon it's not true . But there is alot of crap on here that probably hasn't even been reported to crimestoppers or the police but noone says anything to anyone else that puts the messages up. And as for name calling you will find it just continously goes on whether it's a rule not too on here or not !!!!

Let's all calm down... :)

Some problems seem to be just a misunderstanding among posters. It's hard to get across a post with the emotion you intended. The emoticons help, but still.

Sometimes someone might not understand someone else's humour, but hey... we're all on the same team here, aren't we?

I could be rrrreally silly and suggest the theory that Allison found out Gerard was a closet cross dresser ... and had photos to prove it. I'm not even going to write IMO beside that, because it's just a really weird comment.

Nah, just trying to lighten the load here. Big smiles everyone?? :D

I dont believe that you need the phone to access sms, the carriers will have log files..

Absolutely correct! I can log in to my telstra account and read them there. I can also send them on my pc or ipad using the same account.

I am sorry if I offended anyone on this forum with my remarks about it may have been the bestie of ABC who may have killed her or my opinions on the trust fund in that it was too early to call for it when it was or that many people come out of the woodwork at funerals to say lovely things about the deceased. will just read now over putting in my two and sixpence worth.

Absolutely correct! I can log in to my telstra account and read them there. I can also send them on my pc or ipad using the same account.

So, why do you think the police want the phone? Fingerprints maybe?

Let's all calm down... :)

Some problems seem to be just a misunderstanding among posters. It's hard to get across a post with the emotion you intended. The emoticons help, but still.

Sometimes someone might not understand someone else's humour, but hey... we're all on the same team here, aren't we?

I could be rrrreally silly and suggest the theory that Allison found out Gerard was a closet cross dresser ... and had photos to prove it. I'm not even going to write IMO beside that, because it's just a really weird comment.

Nah, just trying to lighten the load here. Big smiles everyone?? :D
:D:D:D (already had the cross dressing thought when everyone was harping on about how GBC couldn't possibly remember what Allison was wearing because he was male. I don't mind looking at other people's points of view because we all bring different experiences with us and different thoughts. But I think people should think before they post. This is not a closed group.

I am sorry if I offended anyone on this forum with my remarks about it may have been the bestie of ABC who may have killed her or my opinions on the trust fund in that it was too early to call for it when it was or that many people come out of the woodwork at funerals to say lovely things about the deceased. will just read now over putting in my two and sixpence worth.

I personally feel that a poster, was confusing you with me....He was saying that you said thngs....that I know I posted....and I am so sorry that person mistook you for me. None of us called Allison a cow...Do not worry coffeechick :)

:D:D:D (already had the cross dressing thought when everyone was harping on about how GBC couldn't possibly remember what Allison was wearing because he was male. I don't mind looking at other people's points of view because we all bring different experiences with us and different thoughts. But I think people should think before they post. This is not a closed group.

So maybe he remembered what she was wearing because he'd worn it the day before?? lol

You're very right though... wouldn't hurt to think before we post. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster23