Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
no visual signs of foul play doesnt tell us a lot does it? her body had been left to the elements (quite harsh ones) possibly submerged, for 11 days. If you consider the outward appearance at this point, it would have been very difficult to look at. If an appendage (like a hand) was missing, it might be attributed to the elements ie, possible catching on debri after 11 days submerged, animals, etc. There would be soft tissue damage and so on. I think the no visible signs comment must be taken broadly. This is totally IMO as I have no idea at all, only what I've read, heard, seen over the years due to my interest in unsolved murders....please please please (Hawkins, Im talking to you, buddy) give us some info regarding what no signs of foul play really means......

Police reported "no visual signs of foul play", but it is rumoured (from what we can only assume is a reliable source) that police were up interviewing people in the hair salon that afternoon if they remember any marks on ABC's neck, chest, arms and hands.
To me this says there was signs of foul play (strangulation), but the police didn't want that information released to the public (or didn't want to before they told the families).
Police are playing their cards close to their chests, slowly leaking information that might entice one of the suspected parties to confess IMO.

I do so hope for the girls' sake that the stats are wrong in this case. How would they ever be able to get their lives back together, first loosing their mother and then their father (most little girls idiolise their father)

Yes, it is a very sad situation for those girls. I think they would miss their mum more though. My daughter adores my ex husband, but she prefers to live with me.

Well if there is no gag order or any restrictions being placed on the 'media' all I can say is the level of investigative journalism being demonstrated is nothing short of abysmal.

The Courier Mail, rag that it is appears to have uncovered nothing ..... And the commercial television stations that pay their on the ground reporters peanuts are just a joke.

Can anyone show me one scrap of legitimate hard nosed investigated journalism to date with respect to this very sad event?

You need to do some sleuthing on defamation. They are walking a fine line with the TM article on the weekend. Yes they wont get into trouble for that because it's all true (and they would have spent the time researching it and getting signed affidavits) , but if someone printed half the rubbish that is posted on here then they would not have a business in a few months time.
You even need to watch what you post on internet forums. Whatever you say here you are liable for. I personally have been sent letters from lawyers threatening legal action because of comments made (not by me) on a forum I own. As the owner I am protected and just send my usual response saying if they get a court order I will release the details of the user, but defamation law suits are real and if you say something about a person or business that affects their livelihood and potential to make money, you can and will get sued. (unless it's fact and you can prove it)

Thanks for your post Toowong. Its interesting how my friends thoughts have changed (she knows Gerard professionally.

When Allison first went missing she was full of concern for him. She saw the interview on TV and reluctantly changed her mind to the real possibility he is involved.

She has seen and spoken to Gerard on occasions since Allison has been found and he is in every way a broken man. For someone that was truly unconvincing on TV, he is totally convincing in real life as a grieving widower. My friend is now concerned for him again.

Maybe, GBC is that 1 in 10 that isnt the guilty spouse? Only he knows that and probably his family. As far as I'm concerned, I think he probably knows what happened, but I'm yet to be convinced he is guilty.

From memory didn't he say something along the lines of 'this is a bit disappointing'. Was there an embargo or a request made to the media for that isolated enquiry?

The embargo was on the operation conducted at the round-a-bout between 11:00-4:30am.
The media was told around 10pm from memory not to report of the goings on at the time and the embargo was lifted at 5am.
It was just for that operation so people didn't avoid the area on purpose and others didn't go having a sticky beak.

Thanks for your post Toowong. Its interesting how my friends thoughts have changed (she knows Gerard professionally.

When Allison first went missing she was full of concern for him. She saw the interview on TV and reluctantly changed her mind to the real possibility he is involved.

She has seen and spoken to Gerard on occasions since Allison has been found and he is in every way a broken man. For someone that was truly unconvincing on TV, he is totally convincing in real life as a grieving widow. My friend is now concerned for him again.

Maybe, GBC is that 1 in 10 that isnt the guilty spouse? Only he knows that and probably his family. As far as I'm concerned, I think he knows what happened, but I'm yet to be convinced he is guilty.

that is very interesting Caviar, I don't hink we have heard the before and after story from anyone before thank you

You need to do some sleuthing on defamation. They are walking a fine line with the TM article on the weekend. Yes they wont get into trouble for that because it's all true (and they would have spent the time researching it and getting signed affidavits) , but if someone printed half the rubbish that is posted on here then they would not have a business in a few months time.
You even need to watch what you post on internet forums. Whatever you say here you are liable for. I personally have been sent letters from lawyers threatening legal action because of comments made (not by me) on a forum I own. As the owner I am protected and just send my usual response saying if they get a court order I will release the details of the user, but defamation law suits are real and if you say something about a person or business that affects their livelihood and potential to make money, you can and will get sued. (unless it's fact and you can prove it)

I think the onus is on the person suing to prove how they were defamed and how they were affected. That's not easy to do.

sorry off topic, but can we send that comment to ARL please? LOL

Oh im laughing....I was sitting here thinking 'what the devil are you going on about girly girl'.....hahahahaha

AUSTRALIAN RUGBY LEAGUE....Had to think on that one :floorlaugh:

Oh im laughing....I was sitting here thinking 'what the devil are you going on about girly girl'.....hahahahaha

AUSTRALIAN RUGBY LEAGUE....Had to think on that one :floorlaugh:

sorry love I live in Queensland and I am surrounded by men, I am more likely to know ARL then PMS!

No it was the Dickies who first suggested this and the Courier Mail jumped on it .... I also find the suggestion of a trust fund a bit offensive. I understand what they are saying about the girls education etc... but come on.... Like we don't do this for every murdered mum - I think it was wrong for them to ask so early in the piece.

What the Dickies suggested was that people put the money they would have spent on flowers towards a trust fund for the girls. They were trying to find something good out of all this. I cannot believe the ill will towards them over this. We have been asked to donate money to many causes - families who are losing a loved one to cancer, bushfire victims etc etc no one seems to object then.

Education was incredibly important to Allison and she wanted her girls to experience IGGS just like she did. I suspect the school will probably apply a bursary to them as they clearly were involved at the funeral. I think the trust fund was a way to direct some of the support being offered to them not a money grabbing exercise. I do think there is an element of the green eyed monster at play here. Not sure I would want to trade places with those girls though ATM.

Id not seen that post bayside...(thanks for quoting her Mani) You have such an amazing story bayside. Im so sorry you went through this when you are young, but yep, you are able to give us a very real insight into how things can get.

You are a good sort xx

Ill say!!!...this wonderful woman has shared her story a few times over the course of this thread...and as much as we all feel a connection with Allison, Bayside's has touched me to the nth degree....I imagine being so young at the time hasn't stopped her from remembering her own plight (and bayside's brothers plight which is terribly sad in hindsight. it wasnt that long ago that the rights of children were sadly non existent, but as they say when you know better you do better and luckily we are learning every day
anyhoo...... Bayside, you are pretty special and you rock!! xoxoxo

Ill say!!!...this wonderful woman has shared her story a few times over the course of this thread...and as much as we all feel a connection with Allison, Bayside's has touched me to the nth degree....I imagine being so young at the time hasn't stopped her from remembering her own plight (and bayside's brothers plight which is terribly sad in hindsight. it wasnt that long ago that the rights of children were sadly non existent, but as they say when you know better you do better and luckily we are learning every day
anyhoo...... Bayside, you are pretty special and you rock!! xoxoxo

Yep, me too chicky.....and each time, I feel compelled to just tell her how wonderful a person she is. Each time she tells us a little bit more of her early life....She could write a story....The sadness of all....particularly the disappearance of her mom.

I sometimes need to hear stories like this....................I lived a sheltered life, with the only troubles me having, was being sickly health wise and living in a low socio economic area.

She is so very fabulous......Big group hugs *advertiser censored*

I just had a quick look at IGGS fees for this year - day pupils in the high school classes at today's fiqures and plus a technology levy the price is per year $13548, multiply that by 6 for the high school years and then by 3 for the Baden Clay girls it comes to $243 868 - that is a hell of a lot of money in anybodies terms. Remember this is without any extras music, uniforms, transport etc - lots of money!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214