Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is a CSU vehicle?

Crime scene unit. They'd take photos, collect known samples of ABCs DNA (tooth brush, hair brush, maybe unwashed clothing), maybe a little black light work to look for fluids. (this works well, I've heard a really gross story about it from my other half). Collect fingerprints... And so on.

If Gerard is locked up I am not fussed about putting those girls into a boarding school when they have already lost their mum. There isn’t a whole lot of love going around in those places and those girls will need all the love and support they can get in the years to come.

I stayed with my father for a few years after my mother disappeared and my grandparents visited often. My grandmother noticed I wasn’t developing normally as I did not speak and was very timid and withdrawn(made up for that now lol). She started to take me on the weekends to keep a closer eye on me (she didn’t trust my father) and then took me to a doctor after she found I was constantly covered in bruises.

The doctor thought that we were being mistreated; the doctors didn’t use the word abuse back then. My father agreed to adopt me out and keep my brother, for some reason they thought because he was older and a boy he could stick up for himself, crazy.

My lovely grandparents stepped up and offered to adopt me, because they were over 50 they were not allowed to officially adopt me. So they did a handshake deal down at the pub and agreed that my father would let them raise me as their own. I still visited my father on the weekends but I think this was meant more for me to have interaction with my brother, over time the weekend visits stopped as it wasn’t working out.

A trust fund was set up for my education and my father managed to take all of the money out of it, it was easier back then to do those types of things. Anyway after a bumpy start at life everything worked out, I was raised by older grandparents who gave me so much love. Unfortunately my poor brother stayed with my father and his life did not end so well. To this day my grandmother said he biggest regret is not taking and protecting him too.

I don’t think the grandparents age is such a big thing, it is more important that the girls are loved and safe.

Bayside :star2: thank you for sharing your story with us and what you have done IMO is bring in a reality check as yours is a real life story which illustrates so many points raised today. :scale:

I think what frustrates some here is that GBC seems fair game for character attacks - he's been called scum, liar, cheat, violent sociopath, etc on the basis of one known affair and looking a bit shifty under close media scrutiny in a high pressure situation.

He may not be guilty people. All we know is he had an affair and was the one to report ABC missing. It seems to me he was open about this affair as it has been said he went to public dinners etc and did not really sneak around. Also it is clear ABC was very intelligent. Probably the more intelligent of the two. So fair chance she was well aware of the affair. And she judged him to be of good character and gave him a 2nd chance. So maybe we should give ABC some credit here, she knew him best and had a psychology degree so was actually trained and qualified to make a well considered character judgement.

We don't know that he was continuing the affair at the time of the murder. We don't know that there were multiple affairs. We don't know that he was domestically violent. That is all pure heresay and conjecture drummed up by the likes of the local hairdresser and so on.

There is a fair chance some or all of it is true, I accept that. But until we know for sure I think we should tone down the slander of GBC because he may not be guilty in which case what would ABC think of all this slander and what would and his daughters think should they read it?

I'm all for an open mind, a fair trial and innocent unless (note, not until) proven guilty.

We don't know if GBC
thanks Toowong..I like your post very much...earlier I was saying how nobody likes to speak ill of the dead (generally), but the fact is we have no problem ripping through the suss ones. If we had to defend GBC, I bet we could list a decent amount of good qualities too. Its funny how our perceptions are formed in an instant. I thought this earlier about Olivia Walton. It could be easily construed in the video we've talked about that

1. she is standing behind her brother closely as a message to the public that she supports him wholeheartedly. (not monitoring his speech)

2. her eyes are darting back and forth because she is actually in a high state of adrenalin fueled concern and worry for her brother and more importantly for Allison. (not hypervigilante)

3. she is biting her lip because she is nervous. because who wouldnt be?

could GBC sell of the rent roll, to get some quick cash? how does this actually work? or, if lets say, hypothetically, ABC was seeing someone (YAY) and GBC flipped out, he might feel pretty petty and vindictive (hypocrite!!) and give rent roll to TM, but how would that help GBC financially? is there anyway that it would? It doesnt seem so to me but I have no idea how this works

Real estates sell rental portfolios all the time. Rentals are ok income for a small realestate, but a pain in the bum. If C21 was looking to expand and get into the commercial market and they needed money, the first thing you would do is sell the rentals. IMO.
There are plenty of smaller agencies and dedicated rental only firms that deal with this area, and unless you are specifically targeting rentals, the pain can outweigh the profits.

Mine started at 5 too.........But more closer to 6. I thought she had just recently turned 5.

Had my little one been born in June rather than August, he would have started Prep in Jan this year and he would only be turning 5 right now. So this is entirely possible the youngest is in Prep.

I use my iphone at when I am at work to check this site etc (in fact this is the first time I have viewed this website on a PC) and it opened up the photos of that night and that page is saved in my phone (along with others relevant to the case). It makes it easier to go back and check later.

I thought it was funny Indromum, considering how much we have talked about what is stored on Iphone.

Bayside :star2: thank you for sharing your story with us and what you have done IMO is bring in a reality check as yours is a real life story which illustrates so many points raised today. :scale:

Id not seen that post bayside...(thanks for quoting her Mani) You have such an amazing story bayside. Im so sorry you went through this when you are young, but yep, you are able to give us a very real insight into how things can get.

You are a good sort xx

I find this a bit strange. The night that the police set up the road block at the roundabout, there was an embargo until 5 am. I saw on Twitter a radio host hinting at QPS doing something that night, but he couldn't say what it was until 5:05 am. The boss of QPS Media tweeted back to him blasting him for not respecting the embargo.

There was a reason for that embargo, so people used the round-a-bout as normal.
It was obvious to everyone that he was referring to the BC case and QPS were annoyed as they didn't want their work spoilt by gawkers.
If QPS didn't put an embargo on the work, then the media would have been straight onto it reporting that police had setup a road block.

Spenser is a good guy, but it is too fascinated with twitter and being in the media all the time.

5 is normal for Prep. My daughter started at 5.

The children enrolled in this current Prep year (2012) must be turning 5 anytime between July, 1st 2011 and June 30th, 2012. Therefore, many children are still 4 when they start, but will be turning 5 before June, 30th. The littliest girl may still be 4 or may have just turned 5 - but she will most probably be in Prep.

IMO This post which I read on another forum has been really nagging at me, along with a few others this person has written. I know I will probably be laughed at where it has come from but I needed to share.....

You usually dont ring a lawyer before midday on the day she goes missing (i.e. refuse to say anything to help police about 2 hours after first reporting her missing). You also dont say to the in-laws “I know you will take Allison’s side” on that morning….as if there are sides to take if your wife is missing.

To address an earlier point, the microphone in the flowers story is not as unrealistic as it sounds.

http://aussiecriminals.com.au/2012/...-till-the-police-pounce-on-baden-clay-killer/

Real estates sell rental portfolios all the time. Rentals are ok income for a small realestate, but a pain in the bum. If C21 was looking to expand and get into the commercial market and they needed money, the first thing you would do is sell the rentals. IMO.
There are plenty of smaller agencies and dedicated rental only firms that deal with this area, and unless you are specifically targeting rentals, the pain can outweigh the profits.

also get a percentage of the rent each month, they deposit it into a trust and once a month this transferred to the owner - so effectively they have a regular, known income stream. If the tenants are "good" in as much as they pay the rent on time there is little to do for each property accept for a few paper entries, and similarly for the owner he has the rent deposited on time, bills paid etc for a fee. As you can understand it is in their best interest to have reliable tenants , so the property manager needs to be a "people" person who can deal with differing types of personalities and needs. The value of the "rent roll" then is the ongoing management fee, if agencies can put a few established rent rolls together, then they can have a viable business in a small amount of time. The more affluent the area, the higher the rents which all adds to the bottom line.

Statistics say in 9 out of 10 cases like this, the spouse is the perp. I don't think this is the 1 out of 10 cases that is not, IMO.

I do so hope for the girls' sake that the stats are wrong in this case. How would they ever be able to get their lives back together, first loosing their mother and then their father (most little girls idiolise their father)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alblake