Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I have to admit that i never heard about this case untill the last week or so and now on here it seem's like it's all people are talking about Just wondering how come this case is gettin so much more attention right now then others. Not that its a good or bad thing I was simply curious as to why .It feels like everyone around you knows and i was left out of the secret lol I don't know how come I had never heard of this case before ..

From memory & I don't know if it's fact or not...someone mentioned he failed exams....also was unable to find any info to confirm whether or not he was qualified. This is about the only report which mentions accountancy.

Mr Baden-Clay built his career from the ground up - starting as a junior accountant at KPMG and working his way to the role of principal at Century 21 Westside

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...built-on-honesty/story-e6freoof-1226340594889

Yes, a poster reported that he had to leave KPMG because he failed his last exams and couldn't then be part of their program (or something along those lines).

Hey I have to admit that i never heard about this case untill the last week or so and now on here it seem's like it's all people are talking about Just wondering how come this case is gettin so much more attention right now then others. Not that its a good or bad thing I was simply curious as to why .It feels like everyone around you knows and i was left out of the secret lol I don't know how come I had never heard of this case before ..

I think most people on this forum are perplexed as to why the police responded so swiftly to a missing person's report, considering that she had been missing only for a few hours (allegedly) and she was an adult woman (not a little child missing). IMO that is why this case has received so much attention.

Yes, a poster reported that he had to leave KPMG because he failed his last exams and couldn't then be part of their program (or something along those lines).

Which reminds me, was anyone able to find out what the court case GBC had with Flight Centre was about?

does anyone have any news on the chain theory? has there been any confirmation from the locals that a chain was missing from coles carpark? and would this be caught on the CCTV from the roundabout?

:tyou:

does anyone have any news on the chain theory? has there been any confirmation from the locals that a chain was missing from coles carpark? and would this be caught on the CCTV from the roundabout?

Yes, a poster said yesterday that he looked a the Coles carpark and there could have been a chain somewhere at the back out of CCTV view, but I might have misunderstood what they said.

Which reminds me, was anyone able to find out what the court case GBC had with Flight Centre was about?

I don't think it went any further than this post...unless someone was "brave" enough to go any further with it & they're not telling...lol.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7903142&postcount=429"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #6[/ame]

On the chain theory.There has been no confirmation, and as has been discussed, seems an unlikely theory IMO. The police said there were no obvious signs of foul play or C.O.D. I think..will go check media links. But if this is so, then I think a chain wrapped aorund the body would be an obvious sign? So doesn't really fit.

EDIT: so maybe I am wrong about the no obvious signs of foul play? does anyone have a link to it. I could not find in the official Links.

welcome canmaneh

you have asked the million dollar question!!

Will briefly give you a run down as to what as happened and then I think you will understand:

Allison, mum of 3 girls, 43 years old, lives in an affluent Brisbane outer suburb. Disappears 19th April, within an hour or two Queensland Police are issuing missing person reports (this usually doesin an affluent Brisbane are not happen for a few days) by the next day they are searching on horseback and bringing in large numbers of people, the case just keeps escalating at a speed that is usual practise. People begin to wonder why? Husband owns a large real estate franchise in an affluent, he acts very strange, smashes a car on the way to see police, seemingly almost on purpose. two stories emerge from the husband, one he last saw his wife at 10pm on the Thursday night and then that she hadn't returned from morning walk and in this case he very quickly reported her missing. Saturation coverage of her by the media and very odd stories start to emerge - financial problems, affairs, mistresses, his parent and sister act strangely. police issue request for information about a roundabout between certain hours and keep issuing this request, also they issue repeated requests to help Allisons mobile phone, police admit they are looking at an unlawful homicide, and heave been for sometime. Body is finally found nearly two weeks later.

Police have admitted they have one or two suspects, nothing is being released to the media and no arrest has been made. All in all it is one hell of a mystery!

Hi CanManEh.....Im not sure where you are from (USA?). That may help with an explanation. Here in Australia, it isnt overly common for woman of that age group, to disappear in the way she did. It's probably not common, for woman of that age group to be murdered (unless they are involved in drugs etc). Along with this are many twists and turns. People playing life as though they are rich, though are infact rock bottom financialliy. There has been a blend of very unusual relatives and also the "mistress". To us DownUnder, it read like the most sophisticated fiction novel. To us, it is thoroughly (kinda morbidly) fascinating....and definitely ABSOLUTELY saddening. There has been talk of possible dometic violence.....I feel this has fuelled the reasoning for many being here. As they either relate this in their former or current lives. Many are fascinated (like me) purely on the basis that she was a mum with three kids trying to keep up with the Joneses (so it seems)...Apparent with lack of funds, yet she enjoyed hairdresser appointments and the like. Whilst her husband was enjoying what appeared to be anything or anyone he could enjoy. The family history has intrigued many, with the family emigrating to Australia in the 80s from quite an aggressive nation (Rhodesia, now known as Zimbabwe). One could go on forever....lol

I have checked with both companies who publish and sell ALL upper court judgments to the Court libraries, legal offies etc. and there was never a judgment published in Flight Centre v. GBC so it it unlikely it would ever be found out unless by word of mouth or by gaining access to the Court files via FOI Act.

:seeya: I'm BACK!

Threadiquette is open for anyone who has forum questions! [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122498"]Threadiquette- Questions about rules welcome here - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I have checked with both companies who publish and sell ALL upper court judgments to the Court libraries, legal offies etc. and there was never a judgment published in Flight Centre v. GBC so it it unlikely it would ever be found out unless by word of mouth or by gaining access to the Court files via FOI Act.

Could it be that it was Flight Centre V (his Company/Trust name)?

It's taken me ages to catch up on all this reading, and I feel a little deflated that most of it is going around in circles and rehashing the same things from when I started in here on thread 2.

I'm of the opinion that the looooong wait for an arrest is because QPS need to determine the degree (or lack there of) of premeditation. Could this be the case?

I do think that may be the reason no arrest has been made. Police may have a suspect in the killing but they may not have sufficient evidence to say whether it is murder or manslaughter or even something less than that. If they are going to charge someone with murder they will need evidence that s/he either intended to kill or similar (such as they intended to cause injury and were reckless about death -- it depends upon jurisdiction and I'm not a local). If the killing was a result of a fight then it's going to be harder to prove murder. It's possible that police are waiting for a confession because then they won't be put to the trouble of proving that mental element. This is just a thought.

welcome canmaneh

you have asked the million dollar question!!

Will briefly give you a run down as to what as happened and then I think you will understand:

Allison, mum of 3 girls, 43 years old, lives in an affluent Brisbane outer suburb. Disappears 19th April, within an hour or two Queensland Police are issuing missing person reports (this usually doesin an affluent Brisbane are not happen for a few days) by the next day they are searching on horseback and bringing in large numbers of people, the case just keeps escalating at a speed that is usual practise. People begin to wonder why? Husband owns a large real estate franchise in an affluent, he acts very strange, smashes a car on the way to see police, seemingly almost on purpose. two stories emerge from the husband, one he last saw his wife at 10pm on the Thursday night and then that she hadn't returned from morning walk and in this case he very quickly reported her missing. Saturation coverage of her by the media and very odd stories start to emerge - financial problems, affairs, mistresses, his parent and sister act strangely. police issue request for information about a roundabout between certain hours and keep issuing this request, also they issue repeated requests to help Allisons mobile phone, police admit they are looking at an unlawful homicide, and heave been for sometime. Body is finally found nearly two weeks later.

Police have admitted they have one or two suspects, nothing is being released to the media and no arrest has been made. All in all it is one hell of a mystery!

Yes, a poster said yesterday that he looked a the Coles carpark and there could have been a chain somewhere at the back out of CCTV view, but I might have misunderstood what they said.

Yes, I think he said he drove past close to it, didn't he? He said that the chain might be one that they only bring out at night? .. therefore might not be missing. But he couldn't see any visible damage marks, like if a chain had been ripped off. So, I don't think we're any the wiser there. haha

I want to re-visit the iphone scenario because, frankly, I just don't understand WHY it took police so long to establish a 'hot zone' for its location, when this zone ended up being relatively close to the BC residence and in an area in which dozens of searchers were busy. I do understand why it might not have been found, but it seemed to take days for them to hone in on its signal. Was it there from the outset - or was it surreptitiously placed there one night a day or so after the search had begun??
Secondly: someone on this post spoke about a man with a black dog who seemed to want to strike up a conversation with her and asked for directions to the shop down the road from the BC residence. Has this man been positively identified I wonder? A local? NOT a local? (Murderers so often like to re-visit the scene / surrounds of their crime).
This brings me to a theory I have. What if ABC was being stalked: By someone who had a secret yen for her / a common nutter / someone who felt that they had been 'rejected' by her for any real OR crazy reason / someone who knew her well / was jealous of her...? The BC's nearby neighbour said her little dog went (uncharacteristically) crazy about 10.00pm on the night ABC disappeared and tore down the back yard (not out the front, where presumably ABC would have exited into the road for her walk). Surely this little dog would have been familiar with the scent of the BC's? However, if someone strange was lurking about that evening, trying to spy on ABC, the dog might easily have been disturbed by this 'new' presence. When ABC left the house for a walk, this 'stalker' had the perfect opportunity, followed her to where the screams were heard and took his/her chances.
Yes, the police say that ABC was killed by someone she 'knew'. However, this is only their opinion (unsubstantiated by fact yet, as far as we know). AND - they do not specify whether it was someone she knew: as a nodding acquaintance / through professional connections / as a friend / by sight / or intimately, etc.
GBC has it all stacked against him: statistics / his apparently flirtatious manner / rumours of affairs / business going bad / public opinion - which, let's face it, can turn from nice to nasty in the blink of any eye, especially when some would possibly have felt envious of his outward financial success, beautiful wife and gorgeous daughters. It is also quite possible that his 'affairs' were never sexually consumated, but rather deeply intense emotional extra-marital friendships which, when observed by 'outsiders', suggested a closeness that they assumed was the result of a sexual liasion and made their tongues wag. ABC may have felt uncomfortable about all this and secretly a little 'guilty' as in "Am I failing him somehow"? But he probably still loved her and she him.
If I had a barney with my partner and he/she stormed out and got murdered en route I could hardly bear to live with myself, especially with little children involved. The remorse and guilt would be almost unbearable.
So - back to the man with the black dog then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member