Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it wasn't really the time or place for reporter to question him closely (apart from the fact she would never get another interview with him) They must all long for an exclusive interview further down the track.

I would completely agree with this, kiwi50.

This is right on the money.

IMO.

Cheers (IMO).

Sorry, I disagree. I'm married to a detective. Cases like these that he has worked on are really distrubing. My hubby doesn't come home and blurt everything about his day but he does tell me things. He, like alot of his mates I know need an outlet. I don't repeat anything he tells me though because it's not worth his job or the safety of our family (in some cases). Police are human too, they're not robots or in a secret division of the govt where they lead secret double lives. They don't have 24/7 coinselling available if the want to just chat about their day. They don't undergo rigorous psychological training to hold everything in and have no emotion. Personally I could not do his job. Dealing with the absolute scum of the earth and helping their traumatized victims.

Moo, IMHO, IMO whatever.

Thank you for that TheStupidTree. My husband was one of those people that we don't have in this country, but he has got lots of pairs of telephone shoes. He still won't tell me things from twenty years ago - he is the only person I know who can keep things a secret that long!!

aparently the forensics are taking a very long time........in a recent investigation involving a family member, we were held up for a long time waiting on forensics..we were told that it is never like "CIS, NCIS, where you get back your results 'in a jiffy'. Still, I thought that maybe this case would get a 'rush on it' In retrospect, it doesn't take precedence over any other murder or rape...its only to Allisons family that it is pressing and urgent

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...forensic-testing/story-e6freoof-1226367403807

Sorry, I disagree. I'm married to a detective. Cases like these that he has worked on are really distrubing. My hubby doesn't come home and blurt everything about his day but he does tell me things. He, like alot of his mates I know need an outlet. I don't repeat anything he tells me though because it's not worth his job or the safety of our family (in some cases). Police are human too, they're not robots or in a secret division of the govt where they lead secret double lives. They don't have 24/7 coinselling available if the want to just chat about their day. They don't undergo rigorous psychological training to hold everything in and have no emotion. Personally I could not do his job. Dealing with the absolute scum of the earth and helping their traumatized victims.

Moo, IMHO, IMO whatever.

Brilliant post TheStupidTree!!! I mentioned earlier today about how you could almost feel the pain Inspector Ainsworth felt for the Dickie family....I didn't mention at the time, the poor damn police officer by his side...he would have been feeling that pain too as would all of them who are involved in this case.

So many from Ainsworth down to the officers involved in the initial search.... the poor officers who had to go down & retrieve Allison's body.

How they ALL cope I honestly don't know.

Thank you for that TheStupidTree. My husband was one of those people that we don't have in this country, but he has got lots of pairs of telephone shoes. He still won't tell me things from twenty years ago - he is the only person I know who can keep things a secret that long!!

You were married to Maxwell Smart? :)

There are a few journos on here that may not want their professions publicly outed... although I may have inadvertently just done that to someone! lol But I can say that it's difficult to sit back and see so much criticism of a profession that one may have dedicated a huge part of one's life to. There are also instances where journos on here may have specific inside knowledge about what happened in an interview, or how a reporter felt about a certain interview, etc, but it's not possible to provide links that are based on one's own involvement or discussions. ;)

I think with any kind of media that the journalist, like any person, will make an interpretation based on their interview or observation and then write or speak in response to their interpretation. In the end, it may come out differently to what the person interviewed thought it would.......and also the people responding to the journalism may understand it in a different way again. With each transaction (interviewee - journalist - public) the interpretation of the story can change slightly like Chinese Whispers. This is not the intention of the journalist who has the intention of presenting the truth or perhaps in some cases what the readership want to hear about; but because each of us has different experiences of life and different ways to understand things it is inevitable that it will happen. I am sorry this is so long winded.... I hope that it makes sense.

What I am getting at is as individuals we will all interpret what a journalist presents in the media in different ways. So we all have to be aware of this as we use the media in making assessments about the people and events involved in this case. Use the wonderful resource that people work hard in the media to create in the manner that it is intended.

This is all just my opinion....and I am not a journalist. And by the way... I loved the media tribute to Allison. That will be a special gift for her daughters one day... a celebration of aspects of her life.

i didn't know those tablets, boy i lead a sheltered life. Blue is a calming colour though, make them orange if you feel better with that colour. Sorry i am off topic, better have time out break

its ok spratsmum...i still dont know where the blue pill conversation came from....im just going with it for now and hoping i dont need therapy afterwards

Don't think he'll get his bond back on that one.

And I think the law now is that when the owner goes to sell the house, they will have to divulge to interested parties that a murder was committed there (if indeed it was there).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste