Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if you saw any of the trial...an incredibly evil look she gave her lawyer in the court room. I was sure she was about to grow horns...lol. She was found not guilty in the end...unbelievable!!

All the absolute mountains of work that goes into forensics,toxicology,interviews...all has to be documented then the trials etc etc in the end all comes down to the 12 on jury...guilty or not guilty.

Know it inside out and back the front. Riveting.

Yeah I've looked in to a bit of the footage from it. I read it pointed out that the jury said they didn't find her innocent. They only found that there wasn't enough evidence to convict her. That worries me about this case. Evidence plays such a crucial part. The longer it takes for someone to be arrested, the more I worry about the quality of the police evidence. I'm not knocking their abilities. Just worried about how good a clean up job the perp may have done :(

Well if it was GBC he sure had enough hours to get things cleaned up but despite how well a clean up is done there's still so much evidence left behind....prisons everywhere are full of crims who thought they were clever & could get away with murder.

I'm not sure he was comparing all Journalists to the degradation of Patel.
I think he was just trying to say there is good and bad in every profession. At least that's how I read it, and I have interest as my sister is a journo.

thats true..i agree there is a spectrum of good bad and inbetween for all fields...I just think that if you speak as a journalist or any professional...its a good idea to let the mods know that you are a professional. I think most people here like to back up their posts.... I feel like if you don't...it can sound like you are throwing your weight around or being pompous

Yes, I definitely agree with that mini. To state you are suspecting or theorizing something is nothing compared to someone who says they have professional insight and have done the hard yards to give an opinion that can't be challenged. Even to imply that your a professional is not allowed on here I don't think. He needs to get registered as such.

Hahah possumheart, I love her. Boy would she have Gerard by the balls by now if she was over here! You either love her or hate her :)

She is the biggest media distortion in the 'free west' don't like her at all : ) not on topic. A woman committed suicide because of her aggressive journalism. I learned alot more about Casey Anthony's situation from non-mainstream sources than I could ever had learned from her. She is shallow prejudiced and twisted.:banghead:

true it is something that shouldn't happen. However I am sure there may be instances where a detective might mention something to his/her wife/partner. this then may get passed on. But I would think as you it is something that would not be generally acceptable to do. (partly for that reason I had not mentioned something, as it reportedly came from that direction).

However as I also said. doesn't mean any info supposedly coming from there is any less than those reports from friends of friends or local gossip or anything else.

Professionally, I really believe that people working on such cases should not discuss them with their spouses/ partners...and if they happen to leak something by mistake the spouse/ partner should respect the confidential nature of the work and not repeat it. Again....should all be part of basic police training and who knows police may even have oaths they make about such things.

Glad to hear Unfolding Truth that you honored the work of your special person by not repeating what they let slip. In doing that, you honored not only your partner/ spouse but also Allison and the work for justice in this case.

I agree with you about the treatment of info that has come through friends of friends and local gossip. The only info that I take much notice of like this is when someone is giving a first hand account...eg.. " I saw GBC at.... " etc.

These are just my opinions and feelings about this issue.

thats true..i agree there is a spectrum of good bad and inbetween for all fields...I just think that if you speak as a journalist or any professional...its a good idea to let the mods know that you are a professional. I think most people here like to back up their posts.... I feel like if you don't...it can sound like you are throwing your weight around or being pompous

I'm not sure what the difference is between WI's comments about his/her career insights and other people on here who have provided information based on their own careers, such as nursing, forensics, law, teaching, etc. I have seen only one person so far who has been officially registered (Dark Shadow?), yet there has been a lot of insightful discussion from people in a variety of professions who don't provide links or verification from the mods. What am I missing here?

There are a few journos on here that may not want their professions publicly outed... although I may have inadvertently just done that to someone! lol But I can say that it's difficult to sit back and see so much criticism of a profession that one may have dedicated a huge part of one's life to. There are also instances where journos on here may have specific inside knowledge about what happened in an interview, or how a reporter felt about a certain interview, etc, but it's not possible to provide links that are based on one's own involvement or discussions. ;)

thanks Factfinda.....I haven't ever had an issue with a journalist before..that was kind of my point. I thought Greg was being attacked for his opinion that the reporter was 'falling' for GBC's lame story. I was a bit miffed by the presumptuous nature, it sounded derogatory to me. IMO.
It was only after this, that I explained my experience in watching some journalists. I really didn't intend to put down a profession. My daughter is studying investigative journalism next year. I don't honestly have an issue.

I more have an issue when a post is put forward in a way that disregards someones opinion without any credit or respect towards that persons thoughts and ideas. thats all

Sorry can someone tell me how we got to be in a restaurant with ABC & GBC? Were they having dinner together the night she went missing? How is coles heavy duty chain been brought into the story?
I hope it's not too irritating having me pipe up here from the sidelines... I had to self moderate my interest in this case so haven't been on to see how the story is unfolding...

Although it's probably already been suggested, what about this scenario. Allison and GBC argue at home and things get physical, Allison flees in fear without having time to get her car keys and phone. He has a quick look around and can't find her then starts to panic (where is she, who will she tell) goes looking for her and finds her nearby (where screams are heard) things continue either in car or takes her home to continue argument. Now I don't know the area but is it possible to walk from their house to the area where the screams were heard in a reasonable time. What are your thoughts.
IMO

I have always felt that Allison ran from her house with her mobile and perhaps headed up Boscombe road toward the school to escape from GCB. I have wondered if her hurt her on Boscombe rd and disposed of her phone there. Just MO or Moo, IMO I also think he went to Kohlo Creek / camp site aided via Moggil rd rather than the back way as I think people might actually of noticed where as Moggil being busier = the more obvious you are the less people see IMO MOO

I'm not sure what the difference is between WI's comments about his/her career insights and other people on here who have provided information based on their own careers, such as nursing, forensics, law, teaching, etc. I have seen only one person so far who has been officially registered (Dark Shadow?), yet there has been a lot of insightful discussion from people in a variety of professions who don't provide links or verification from the mods. What am I missing here?

I agree. I am indeed a professional but also have life's experience. However Criminologists are interesting critters

I think its simple....other people on here who have provided information based on their own careers, such as nursing, forensics, law, teaching, etc. have stated IN MY OPINION when they make a comment, or provided a link to an informative page. If not, then they will promptly be asked to verify where this info comes from. It might be best if you read the rules, as I am not too sure and just a average joe. and this is JUST MY OPINION

To Factfinda, I respect what you said in you r previous post, but I think its just common courtesy to provide a little insight to your posts, that's all

To Factfinda, I respect what you said in you r previous post, but I think its just common courtesy to provide a little insight to your posts, that's all

sorry not to be misconstrued..I don't mean specifically your posts, I was talking generally

Yep, I've heard that before. Did you see her nipple slip on dancing with the stars? She also farted in an interview...lol. Totally off topic but I think I'm banned anyway.

Yes the woman is full of hot air and toxins and you aren't banned (yet) and don't take me with you

Professionally, I really believe that people working on such cases should not discuss them with their spouses/ partners...and if they happen to leak something by mistake the spouse/ partner should respect the confidential nature of the work and not repeat it. Again....should all be part of basic police training and who knows police may even have oaths they make about such things.

Glad to hear Unfolding Truth that you honored the work of your special person by not repeating what they let slip. In doing that, you honored not only your partner/ spouse but also Allison and the work for justice in this case.

I agree with you about the treatment of info that has come through friends of friends and local gossip. The only info that I take much notice of like this is when someone is giving a first hand account...eg.. " I saw GBC at.... " etc.

These are just my opinions and feelings about this issue.

I absolutely agree....if all the police involved in this investigation sprouted off all they know about the case then we probably wouldn't be here discussing it.

Sorry who is Nancy Grace? Never heard of her

Google her Sprats, very famous, and infamous for many different reasons.
She was a public prosecutor now she's a crime TV reporter. Her first husband was victim of violent crime and died.

you guys had better knock it off in here.....! Please post responsibly and follow the :tos:

:nurse:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member