Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of my friend's friends are friends with him, so I can see his friends on facebook:therethere:. Do not even attempt to say that out loud.

I am not friends with anyone who is friends with him but I can see his friends on both pages.

So now we have not only half the police force blabbling their mouths off...we also have homicide detectives spreading the word ...lol.

I don't believe for one minute this would be happening in a case as huge as this one.

I agree. To me, professionally it is highly unlikely that detectives/ police are leaking info about the case. Surely that is part of detective/ police training right from the start...confidentiality and not leaking info! If the leaks are all true then perhaps QPS need to investigate where they are coming from and discipline/ retrain their staff.........unless of course they are intentional leaks!?

I think they'd determine fairly quickly if it was her, dna... but they'd still have to prove he was driving the car to dump the body??

It was in relation to possible cadaver smell in the car, which doesn't prove whose body it was, just that there was a body. But we don't know what evidence QPS have. Her DNA would have been in both cars anyhow before she died.

It's completely incorrect to assume any reporter "buys" the stories of the people they are interviewing. Any journalist worth their salt learns very early in their training that portraying hostility and overt aggression towards any interviewee is a waste of time (and unethical).

This is just a basic tenet of interviewing; unfortunately, I think this interpretation is entirely off-base.

Is this in your opinion, or something you are experienced in? I only ask because, whilst I don't have much knowledge on reporters other than what I see on the likes of ACA...today tonight...60 minutes, I personally find them terribly confronting, pushy and demanding when they try and approach someone perceived or reported as being 'dodgy' or 'shady' IMO
Greg just stated his opinion on how he perceived the reported to react to GBC. I think its best if you add that its just your opinion or maybe link something to verify, otherwise it comes across as you being rather self important with not a lot of 'why' for us simpletons... cheers

It's completely incorrect to assume any reporter "buys" the stories of the people they are interviewing. Any journalist worth their salt learns very early in their training that portraying hostility and overt aggression towards any interviewee is a waste of time (and unethical).

This is just a basic tenet of interviewing; unfortunately, I think this interpretation is entirely off-base.

Greg and WI,

This interview might have been edited and if we have not seen the entire version then things that have been left out might have painted a slightly different picture IMO.
People that I know that have been interviewed have had their conversation edited and their main points are left out.

I agree. To me, professionally it is highly unlikely that detectives/ police are leaking info about the case. Surely that is part of detective/ police training right from the start...confidentiality and not leaking info! If the leaks are all true then perhaps QPS need to investigate where they are coming from and discipline/ retrain their staff.........unless of course they are intentional leaks!?

I really don't think they'd risk it at all....it's too huge a case...they'd keep all they know to themselves until & if they release further info to media.

Greg and WI,

This interview might have been edited and if we have not seen the entire version then things that have been left out might have painted a slightly different picture IMO.
People that I know that have been interviewed have had their conversation edited and their main points are left out.

you are IMO terribly informative Manni

More like 'absence' of shovel

Tests on shovel to determine if there's any different type of soil if they'd partially buried Allison's body??...although I'd imagine one or the other of the BCs would have given it a wash over.

true it is something that shouldn't happen. However I am sure there may be instances where a detective might mention something to his/her wife/partner. this then may get passed on. But I would think as you it is something that would not be generally acceptable to do. (partly for that reason I had not mentioned something, as it reportedly came from that direction).

However as I also said. doesn't mean any info supposedly coming from there is any less than those reports from friends of friends or local gossip or anything else.

One of my best friends brother is a policeman here in Bris, he's worked as a senior detective for over 27 years. I don't know him, but I've met him once or twice. Sometimes when we are socializing we get into long talks about his brothers job, as I find it interesting, and my friend likes talking about it. He's been involved in some very high profile cases including Sian Kingi and Anita Cobby. Lots more, but I won't drone on. Police DO release information to the public if they think it will help the case ie. They use the public as their eyes and ears. They ALSO release false information to the public to make Perps relax or bring them out of hiding. Make no mistake about it, psychology is part of their job and they are extremely good at reading body language and extracting information. They can seem like they are asking you a perfectly valid question in a non intrusive way that will in seconds prove your innocence or guilt. Then they go after the evidence.

Is this in your opinion, or something you are experienced in? I only ask because, whilst I don't have much knowledge on reporters other than what I see on the likes of ACA...today tonight...60 minutes, I personally find them terribly confronting, pushy and demanding when they try and approach someone perceived or reported as being 'dodgy' or 'shady' IMO
Greg just stated his opinion on how he perceived the reported to react to GBC. I think its best if you add that its just your opinion or maybe link something to verify, otherwise it comes across as you being rather self important with not a lot of 'why' for us simpletons... cheers

It's a shame people base their opinion of all journalists on the behaviour of reporters on popular public affairs programs that seek to attract a particular audience. A generalisation like that is rather like basing your opinion of all medical professionals on the actions of Dr Patel.

I think linking to something to verify my post is a bit of a stretch - I guess I would ask if anyone can link to the information about the shopping centre chains that has taken up dozens on posts on this thread?

My apologies if I came across as self-important. I did not intend to make you and the other posters feel like simpletons (your words: "us simpletons"). I hope this isn't a sensitive issue for you. Again, I apologise.

Cheers.

I am not friends with anyone who is friends with him but I can see his friends on both pages.
I can see his friends on my laptop but not on my iPhone. Don't know why this is but just thought I'd share.

Greg and WI,

Thank you Mani..of course it is highly likely that this interview was edited for tv. It would, therefore, be presumptuous to assume anything. IMO

Greg and WI,

Totally agree. Have experienced the same thing. I think i mentioned earlier about the whole 'little bit hurt' comment could have been taken out of context possibly to look worse than it was..we didn't hear what the reporter asked.

After a few weeks of reading lots of facts and rumours about the case, here is my scenario of what could have happened that night if societies idea of the POI is correct.
Now I am still very reserved as to if he did commit the crime. I have not seen any solid evidence yet, so this is purely a theory.

7pm - Allison leaves hair salon
7pm-10pm - Possibly meets up for dinner with husband. Rumoured argument at restaurant. Heads home in separate cars as ABC was out.
10pm - Allison is on the couch at home (state unknown) Footy Show is on TV. (I think this fact is important as if GBC was subject to some type of lie detector test, he would pass it, plus he could say it with confidence)
10:00pm-11:30pm - body is loaded into one of the cars. I am guessing the captiva and taken to Kholo Creek via Rafting Ground Road. Phone may have been tossed at this time (depending on the actual time of the suposed walk, I think the media is messing this story up personally)
11:30pm - Car(s) is spotted on CCTV heading inbound on Moggill Road
11:30pm-4:00am - Car(s) is taken to C21 offices. Cleaned. Computer browser history wiped. Stories ran over many times till they are straight. (if there was an accomplice)
4:00am - Car is spotted on CCTV heading outbound on Moggill Road
4:00-unknown - Maybe the car headed back out to finish off hiding the body. There are rumours it was spotted early in the morning. Maybe this is when the accomplice joined up to advise on hiding it.
4:00am-7:00am - Sleepy times.
7:00am-7:30am - GBC starts calling people asking if they had heard from ABC as she hadn't returned from her morning walk. GBC finds the iphone (maybe it beeped/alarm went off). Phone is tossed away near Moggill Creek. (assuming it wasn't the night before)
7:30am - GBC calls police (reported as "just after 7:30am") - Police arrive. Tending officer notices something suspicious (either GBC demeanor/story/or something physical, maybe even something simple like the scratches alarms him) and radios in for backup.
Next few hours - More police cars arrive and it's turns into a MWWS. Full blown missing person search happens.

- I am wary of the fight at the restaurant, but maybe police have gagged that info for risk of it spoiling the case.
- I am guessing a second car with an adviser joined up with the perp on the way to Kholo Creek. They didn't help just showed them were to dump the body. Reason for this is the drag marks reported. How the accomplice was contacted is a key point in this case.
- Police knew a fight was involved due to asking the people in the Hair Salon if they notices marks on ABC's neck, chest, arms or hands.
- Body was dumped upstream from the bridge and washed down during the heavy rain.
- I am guessing strangulation is the cause of death based on the Hair Salon people being asked about marks on the neck.
- Reasons why he didn't just go to work and report her missing in the afternoon is that he probably didn't ever turn up to work till later, so turning up before 7am would be suspicious.
- Screams are either unrelated or may have been staged by someone to again establish the gone for a walk story. (was a female the accomplice?)
- I think the media have misreported the whole gone for a walk thing. I believe GBC told them he last saw her at 10pm and went to bed. He then told them she goes for a morning walk before he gets up and she never returned. Although with her having to head out early in the morning she may have gone for a walk at night.
- How she got into her walking clothes I can't explain. Maybe she worn them to bed and went for a walk in the morning to save doubling up on washing. Or she in fact was going or a walk that night.

MO in this scenario is divorce was pending and GBC would be left with absolutely nothing and the business actually being owned by ABC. Life insurance plus other payments would have really helped if the financial situation is correct.

One of my best friends brother is a policeman here in Bris, he's worked as a senior detective for over 27 years. I don't know him, but I've met him once or twice. Sometimes when we are socializing we get into long talks about his brothers job, as I find it interesting, and my friend likes talking about it. He's been involved in some very high profile cases including Sian Kingi and Anita Cobby. Lots more, but I won't drone on. Police DO release information to the public if they think it will help the case ie. They use the public as their eyes and ears. They ALSO release false information to the public to make Perps relax or bring them out of hiding. Make no mistake about it, psychology is part of their job and they are extremely good at reading body language and extracting information. They can seem like they are asking you a perfectly valid question in a non intrusive way that will in seconds prove your innocence or guilt. Then they go after the evidence.

Yes very true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member