Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Doc Watson's breakdown of the GBC interview on Aussie Criminals (posted by Greg earlier) is VERY TRUE. Except for the bit about the reporter being duped. She was acting professionally in an awkward situation. Even if she thinks deep down "GBC is suss, GBC knows something", during that interview she didn't really have a choice....she would have appeared completely heartless and disrespectful if she had accused him of being involved or acted disbelieving. Just my opinion.

Hope the murderer gets arrested ASAP!!! Justice for Allison.

It was a cold night. A dark night. The eftpos was allegedly refused. Could they have gone home to the gas having been cut off inciting a rage? It couldn't have been the electricity cut off if someone was allegedly watching TV. iPhones make good torches. IMO

It was in relation to possible cadaver smell in the car, which doesn't prove whose body it was, just that there was a body. But we don't know what evidence QPS have. Her DNA would have been in both cars anyhow before she died.

Case closed = one dead body in my car would be more than enough, although I suppose you don't know. Someone I know transported there dead baby in a coffin from Brisbane to the Gold Coast for burial. It is not something you would know if you bought a used car.

Is this in your opinion, or something you are experienced in? I only ask because, whilst I don't have much knowledge on reporters other than what I see on the likes of ACA...today tonight...60 minutes, I personally find them terribly confronting, pushy and demanding when they try and approach someone perceived or reported as being 'dodgy' or 'shady' IMO
Greg just stated his opinion on how he perceived the reported to react to GBC. I think its best if you add that its just your opinion or maybe link something to verify, otherwise it comes across as you being rather self important with not a lot of 'why' for us simpletons... cheers

Based on the comments from Watsonion, I would assume that person is a journalist... Therefore, I'm not sure why they would need to provide a link to something they know about their profession, their colleagues and their own training?

One of my best friends brother is a policeman here in Bris, he's worked as a senior detective for over 27 years. I don't know him, but I've met him once or twice. Sometimes when we are socializing we get into long talks about his brothers job, as I find it interesting, and my friend likes talking about it. He's been involved in some very high profile cases including Sian Kingi and Anita Cobby. Lots more, but I won't drone on. Police DO release information to the public if they think it will help the case ie. They use the public as their eyes and ears. They ALSO release false information to the public to make Perps relax or bring them out of hiding. Make no mistake about it, psychology is part of their job and they are extremely good at reading body language and extracting information. They can seem like they are asking you a perfectly valid question in a non intrusive way that will in seconds prove your innocence or guilt. Then they go after the evidence.
I agree about the psychology behind police interviews. I was watching a police interview with Casey Anthony when she was arrested. They way they flirted with her to stop her from clamming up was incredible. She spent the whole time talking to one of the officers playing with her hair, fixing her shirt, getting comfortable. I've seen other footage where she is stiff and angry looking. These guys figured out the best way to get responses from here, and they nailed it. Very impressive.

They need a lot more than that. They need to prove it was her and that he killed her.

You are right. The CIB will now know more about the family than they know about themselves. They are just waiting for the planets to line up.

It's a shame people base their opinion of all journalists on the behaviour of reporters on popular public affairs programs that seek to attract a particular audience. A generalisation like that is rather like basing your opinion of all medical professionals on the actions of Dr Patel.

I think linking to something to verify my post is a bit of a stretch - I guess I would ask if anyone can link to the information about the shopping centre chains that has taken up dozens on posts on this thread?

My apologies if I came across as self-important. I did not intend to make you and the other posters feel like simpletons (your words: "us simpletons"). I hope this isn't a sensitive issue for you. Again, I apologise.

Cheers.

I think you have a lot of journalistic knowledge. My ten cents worth isn't about ACA or those types of media shows, it is about how the general press employs methods to steer the public in the direction they want them to go. Often it is by omission and it can give the wrong impression to the viewer.

Funny, I listened to part of the Richard Fidler interview with Ira Glass today and he had some interesting points to make about gaining the public's trust and getting the best story. Just as an aside.......sri getting OT.

More like 'absence' of shovel

It's a shame people base their opinion of all journalists on the behaviour of reporters on popular public affairs programs that seek to attract a particular audience. A generalisation like that is rather like basing your opinion of all medical professionals on the actions of Dr Patel.

I think linking to something to verify my post is a bit of a stretch - I guess I would ask if anyone can link to the information about the shopping centre chains that has taken up dozens on posts on this thread?

My apologies if I came across as self-important. I did not intend to make you and the other posters feel like simpletons (your words: "us simpletons"). I hope this isn't a sensitive issue for you. Again, I apologise.

Cheers.

I love your posts WI...look forward to them.

I've watched a lot of reporters interview and I find that they don't really become pushy until they strike a nerve with their subject. The interview between Matt Lauer and Tom Cruise comes to mind. The one on Scientology.

I watched an interview done by another American reporter last night about a woman who shot her husband. The woman and interviewer seemed quite normal until the woman (accused murder) reacted badly to approx the fifth question. Then the interviewer become condescending, arguementive and accusing. You could tell they had then gone back and edited the whole interview to make it look like she was guilty from the start.

Cheers.

i feel reasonably certain that any talk about the 'rumoured' chain has been specifically punctuated with a resounding IMO.

I disagree with your comparing journalists in the public eye with a dirty, sick, degenerate and confused lowly man such as Dr Patel. I only have the journalism I am exposed to, by which I mean, people, reporting publicly to the likes of myself (by which i mean THE VERY DEFINITION OF JOURNALISM) on topics of interest to the public, to guide my way, and I dont find it possible to compare it to a personal relationship such as I would have with my doctor.

These are my personal thoughts on your odd comparison.I find it to be a bit of a stretch.

I said it was possible in a forum such as this to come across as self important..I believe that was all I said on self importance.

I believe if you can't state something as fact, then the decent thing to do, is explain where this thought came from. i also believe it may be a rule of this forum. IMO

I don't get to concerned with others opinions here and as such dont feel overly sensitive. I am happy being a simpleton..no problems there. For anyone who felt I was calling you a simpleton, sorry, I was a little broad and really talking about my own limited knowledge.

Cheers.

They say people get the media they deserve. When people support sensational current affairs programs they cannot expect to view the type of quality journalism that can be found elsewhere, such as the ABC or The Australian. I am always amazed when people complain about tawdry magazines such as New Idea and Women's Day, yet they are among the highest-grossing publications in this country. If people truly want good journalism they have to be prepared to turn away from the products that exist solely to reinforce the stereotypes held by a particular demographic.

Based on the comments from Watsonion, I would assume that person is a journalist... Therefore, I'm not sure why they would need to provide a link to something they know about their profession, their colleagues and their own training?

I think it would be the right thing to do ..if this person is a journalist, they can contact Kimster, let her know they are an expert/professional..she will let it be known and they wont need to verify their comments on their area of expertise each time. I agree they sound very knowledgeable

Thats what I was thinking regarding hair. As much as you can vacum, you are likely not to get everything. I know the police had the cars for a few days.. I am damn sure thye would have been pretty thoroughly examining them. Thanks for the reply. :)

This is a question for someone who has knowledge of police investigations: If a car is found to have evidence of being used in a crime don't they impound it until after the trial? Do they release cars that have been forensically tested and found to contain evidence back to the owners at all before a trial? Basically the same question phrased in two different ways. Sorry!

One of my best friends brother is a policeman here in Bris, he's worked as a senior detective for over 27 years. I don't know him, but I've met him once or twice. Sometimes when we are socializing we get into long talks about his brothers job, as I find it interesting, and my friend likes talking about it. He's been involved in some very high profile cases including Sian Kingi and Anita Cobby. Lots more, but I won't drone on. Police DO release information to the public if they think it will help the case ie. They use the public as their eyes and ears. They ALSO release false information to the public to make Perps relax or bring them out of hiding. Make no mistake about it, psychology is part of their job and they are extremely good at reading body language and extracting information. They can seem like they are asking you a perfectly valid question in a non intrusive way that will in seconds prove your innocence or guilt. Then they go after the evidence.

I know of someone who is very high up in QPS...he has stated no-one is permitted to discuss anything pertaining to this case.

Let's go back to the comment which started this ...

...."when they got into the house on the Friday morning the walls were covered in holes "....who is "they" ??...first attending police??...whose job would be on the line if they passed that info on to the public??

Although it's probably already been suggested, what about this scenario. Allison and GBC argue at home and things get physical, Allison flees in fear without having time to get her car keys and phone. He has a quick look around and can't find her then starts to panic (where is she, who will she tell) goes looking for her and finds her nearby (where screams are heard) things continue either in car or takes her home to continue argument. Now I don't know the area but is it possible to walk from their house to the area where the screams were heard in a reasonable time. What are your thoughts.
IMO

I think it would be the right thing to do ..if this person is a journalist, they can contact Kimster, let her know they are an expert/professional..she will let it be known and they wont need to verify their comments on their area of expertise each time. I agree they sound very knowledgeable

I'm not sure he was comparing all Journalists to the degradation of Patel.
I think he was just trying to say there is good and bad in every profession. At least that's how I read it, and I have interest as my sister is a journo.

There are a few journos on here that may not want their professions publicly outed... although I may have inadvertently just done that to someone! lol But I can say that it's difficult to sit back and see so much criticism of a profession that one may have dedicated a huge part of one's life to. There are also instances where journos on here may have specific inside knowledge about what happened in an interview, or how a reporter felt about a certain interview, etc, but it's not possible to provide links that are based on one's own involvement or discussions. ;)

I agree about the psychology behind police interviews. I was watching a police interview with Casey Anthony when she was arrested. They way they flirted with her to stop her from clamming up was incredible. She spent the whole time talking to one of the officers playing with her hair, fixing her shirt, getting comfortable. I've seen other footage where she is stiff and angry looking. These guys figured out the best way to get responses from here, and they nailed it. Very impressive.

Not sure if you saw any of the trial...an incredibly evil look she gave her lawyer in the court room. I was sure she was about to grow horns...lol. She was found not guilty in the end...unbelievable!!

All the absolute mountains of work that goes into forensics,toxicology,interviews...all has to be documented then the trials etc etc in the end all comes down to the 12 on jury...guilty or not guilty.

Not sure if you saw any of the trial...an incredibly evil look she gave her lawyer in the court room. I was sure she was about to grow horns...lol. She was found not guilty in the end...unbelievable!!

All the absolute mountains of work that goes into forensics,toxicology,interviews...all has to be documented then the trials etc etc in the end all comes down to the 12 on jury...guilty or not guilty.
Yeah I've looked in to a bit of the footage from it. I read it pointed out that the jury said they didn't find her innocent. They only found that there wasn't enough evidence to convict her. That worries me about this case. Evidence plays such a crucial part. The longer it takes for someone to be arrested, the more I worry about the quality of the police evidence. I'm not knocking their abilities. Just worried about how good a clean up job the perp may have done :(

I think Doc Watson's breakdown of the GBC interview on Aussie Criminals (posted by Greg earlier) is VERY TRUE. Except for the bit about the reporter being duped. She was acting professionally in an awkward situation. Even if she thinks deep down "GBC is suss, GBC knows something", during that interview she didn't really have a choice....she would have appeared completely heartless and disrespectful if she had accused him of being involved or acted disbelieving. Just my opinion.

Hope the murderer gets arrested ASAP!!! Justice for Allison.

Yes it wasn't really the time or place for reporter to question him closely (apart from the fact she would never get another interview with him) They must all long for an exclusive interview further down the track.

Re the restaurant I'd find it strange for a well known local couple to have a big argument in a restaurant. We know how important GBC believes his image is.

Re evidence in a car, one hair left on a boat was virtually the only evidence in a high profile murder case in NZ and it got a conviction.
I doubt it would work in this case though as if it was a car GBC had been in, he could have transferred a hair of Allisons.

Although it's probably already been suggested, what about this scenario. Allison and GBC argue at home and things get physical, Allison flees in fear without having time to get her car keys and phone. He has a quick look around and can't find her then starts to panic (where is she, who will she tell) goes looking for her and finds her nearby (where screams are heard) things continue either in car or takes her home to continue argument. Now I don't know the area but is it possible to walk from their house to the area where the screams were heard in a reasonable time. What are your thoughts.
IMO

I've done that...In fact, Ive had my car keys and phone taken off me, so I can't 'escape' to friends house. my thoughts are yes..absolutely.
As far as walking from A to B, yes IMO it is possible. Brookfield isnt that big (if you don't include Upper) and I think the area you mention is only deerhurst? to rafting ground road? im not going back to check sorry but I think its doable IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solange