Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks for this, AllyG.

I'm attaching a link to a previous story about the centre, and its previous challenges, so users can put in context the current time frame in this particular case: http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/sunday-mail/crimebusters-in-the-lab/story-e6frep2o-1111115212665

The centre has come through some enormous challenges in terms of clearing the backlog, but - of course - there will always be a wait.

I think it might also be helpful if people think about their own experiences with pathology and testing: if you get a blood test, it can take up to a week to get the results. Imagine how much longer specific forensic pathology tests take!

Also, this is just a general link to a radio story on the centre, for anyone interested: http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2008/07/04/2294612.htm
Just adding it as an additional point of interest.

Cheers
Ex mea sententia

Thanks for this, AllyG.

I'm attaching a link to a previous story about the centre, and its previous challenges, so users can put in context the current time frame in this particular case: http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/sunday-mail/crimebusters-in-the-lab/story-e6frep2o-1111115212665

The centre has come through some enormous challenges in terms of clearing the backlog, but - of course - there will always be a wait.

I think it might also be helpful if people think about their own experiences with pathology and testing: if you get a blood test, it can take up to a week to get the results. Imagine how much longer specific forensic pathology tests take!

Also, this is just a general link to a radio story on the centre, for anyone interested: http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2008/07/04/2294612.htm
Just adding it as an additional point of interest.

Cheers
Ex mea sententia

It can actually take a long time my brother has been waiting for information (about his fiancee) since november last year and is still waiting for results and hasn't heard a thing

Is there a link to the info about the "pyramid" venture?

It's not a fact that it's pyramid selling so I think it's best we stop labelling it as such and just move away from this topic?

It can actually take a long time my brother has been waiting for information (about his fiancee) since november last year and is still waiting for results and hasn't heard a thing

How harrowing for him. I couldn't imagine the emotional toll of that.

I hope this case does not take as long, for the sake of the affected children.

Ohhh lots of moderators on here now, r people being naughty?

There was a case in FNQ of a young boy who went missing, feared abducted, and when they found his body it was still in question whether he suicided or whether it was misadventure or murder. After tox results it was established he commited suicide. He was found in the middle of now where from memory. I wish I could remember his name, a very sad story.

I remember him but have forgotten his name. Was that the one where everyone was out looking for him and he wasn't far from the house??

OT but if you ck out the Sierra Lamar thread, it is an excellent example of just HOW much LE knew and kept quiet for 2 months..they knew very quickly thanks to dna. And they have a murder charge even tho Sierra has not been found..

My point, think the LE here may have much, much more info than anyone could possibly image.

HAWKINS: Thanks again. Your contributions provide us with information which ground our perspective in the thread.

I agree..but this one below is still making my brain squirm:

05-17-2012, 02:21 PM
Hawkins
Thread #9 Post 189

"I believe that there are some further significant details about this death emerging. It seems to be a particularly nasty and confronting matter. Not the sort of case that would be pleasant for jurors."

Now this was dated before any news of toxicology being held up remember folks, so what is confronting?

Something confronting to detectives and a jury maybe evil family goings on or violent bloody previous DV at their house?

Thoughts?????.... to help us re focus on Hawkins 'particularly nasty and confronting matter'

Not weird if it's there is any truth to it and who better to ask? I think the Kenmore Village management will have been advised not to talk (that was my first thought) a trolley boy would more likely have a chat about it........

Hope you didn't take me the wrong way. I was just having a joke, as I was imagining this poor trolley boy being interrogated about a chain, that he has no idea anything about. Any question from perfect strangers about it, would probably be weird to him. Was not poking fun at you, just having a light hearted moment.

That missing boy some are mentioning was 13 yr old Declan Crouch.. from NQ. He was found not far from his home. Sorry if anyone else has already posted this info. :)

I remember him but have forgotten his name. Was that the one where everyone was out looking for him and he wasn't far from the house??

Declan Crouch, he was found in swampland/bushland close to his house in Machan's beach

Re: Facebook, we can post links, and use time stamps to direct other sleuthers to notable items.

But we do not allow copy/paste or quotes from FB.

Post a link, direct WSers to the comment in question via time and date, and move on.

Re: Facebook, we can post links, and use time stamps to direct other sleuthers to notable items.

But we do not allow copy/paste or quotes from FB.

Post a link, direct WSers to the comment in question via time and date, and move on.

Sorry, I misunderstood the rules as advised by Kimster.I was actually coming back to remove it as I didn't want to open that BIG can of worms.

Won't happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member