Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just back from Kenmore Village and spoke to Sam the guy who unlocks the chains in the morning on 3 entrances (roundabout, Cedarleigh Road and Anz bank car park). He told me they are locked at about 10.30pm (by security) and unlocked by him before 8am to prevent commuters from using the carpark. The Brookfield Road entrance/exit is never chained. He has NEVER reported a chain missing in recent times...looked a bewildered when I asked him! lol
For the bullies on this forum, there is no need to comment on this post...feel free to ignore...I know I do the same to yours now.

Great sleuthing, thanks for clarifying this rumour!!

Just back from Kenmore Village and spoke to Sam the guy who unlocks the chains in the morning on 3 entrances (roundabout, Cedarleigh Road and Anz bank car park). He told me they are locked at about 10.30pm (by security) and unlocked by him before 8am to prevent commuters from using the carpark. The Brookfield Road entrance/exit is never chained. He has NEVER reported a chain missing in recent times...looked a bewildered when I asked him! lol
For the bullies on this forum, there is no need to comment on this post...feel free to ignore...I know I do the same to yours now.

Thanks Indromum..you are doing a great job of sleuthing...keep up the good work

There was a case in FNQ of a young boy who went missing, feared abducted, and when they found his body it was still in question whether he suicided or whether it was misadventure or murder. After tox results it was established he commited suicide. He was found in the middle of now where from memory. I wish I could remember his name, a very sad story.

Yes, it was in Cairns. I was living up there then and the big floods in the area where he was eventually found, had concealed his body. He was found in a bush area near his home in one of the beach suburbs of Cairns once the waters receded.

There was a case in FNQ of a young boy who went missing, feared abducted, and when they found his body it was still in question whether he suicided or whether it was misadventure or murder. After tox results it was established he commited suicide. He was found in the middle of now where from memory. I wish I could remember his name, a very sad story.

His name was Declan. He was 14 years old. He was found in swamp land behind and quite close to his house but due to floods it took many months to find him. It seems it was a shock to a lot of his friends and family, although I think he was 'emo' and perhaps some of those closest to him, maybe knew he was depressed. SO SO SAD

I disgree, she was very silly. It was punishment and not mental anguish, it was about control. As for toxicology, no doubt it is very important. I didn't dispute that. However, if she was stabbed etc they would not be as important and if they had suspect they would have arrested or at least formally interviewed someone. They don't wait for tox results for everyunlawful death. And as for suicide being distasteful, no doubt you are aware of many peoples religious and otherwise beliefs that make suicide distasteful. I must have missed the bit where I said that suicide was more distasteful than havng her life taken at the hands of another.

I understand that it is your judgement that this person whom you reflected on in your post was very silly. I also get that your opinion is that a person is very silly that attempts suicide as an act of revenge.
My experience shows me that anyone that goes to such lengths has a great deal of mental anguish. My knowledge allows me to understand that folk who attempt suicide are very deeply troubled - however societally there is much less understanding and support for those that attempt to take their own lives.

My comments on the toxicology results were not aimed at you, but generally as there has been much discussion re this. If a cause of death has been ruled the toxicology results are not as pertinent. A cause of death I believe has not been ruled.

To clarify your comment was that suicide was distasteful. There are many faiths that believe that those that take their own lives are taking on a heavy karma. But your word was distasteful. Your choice of word echoes many others who find it challenging to understand suicide. Rather than understanding people call it selfish, silly, attention grabbing... It may be those things but there is always a profile behind those very top layers of actions.
Suicide is an incredibly difficult subject. It leaves the family & friends feeling helpless and confused. My challenge remains that instead of labelling those that kill themselves or attempt to do so, accepting that it is not just a simple case of silliness, but a deep emotional & psychological issue.

We may call it silly to cross the road at a certain time - but another may have judged it safe. Your comment is a character judgement based on your own thoughts and judgement on suicide. Not on seeking to understand & empathise with the emotional and psychological pain that these individuals feel.

Your use of distasteful tells me much of how you feel on this topic. Your feelings and beliefs are yours to have. My point though is to show that this is just your belief.

There will be many people on this forum who have been touched by suicide. I am sure they don't think their child, husband, father, daughter, wife was "silly".

Interference with a corpse would require lawyering up. (just saying) : )

So true - but i assume you mean by taking her out to the dump site?

A dead body is just that dead weight, why mess with a messy situation - if it was a suicide in my opinion he would be jumping for joy (oops that almost came out as h--mping for joy)

I just want to give a big Shout to Indromum. Great sleuthing!

Declan, yes that is it. So very sad.

Inanna, analyse my words as much as you please, but the conclusions you have made about me are incorrect.

Also, what if ABC did choose to end her own life? What if? Would instead of all the empathy that has been evidenced on this site for her, there would be cries of "silly woman"?

I would hope not. The fact still remains that she is dead. However it happened.

No it's not but, I'm sure you'll find words to dispute that.

Believe me, I know - if it's worth anything ;)

I am basing my post on documentaries I have watched on CI channel about the process of retrieving info from either deleted hard drives or damaged hard drives (including ones affected by fire). It can sometimes take months. You may have other experiences.

what does the abbreviation PITA stand for?

Also, what if ABC did choose to end her own life? What if? Would instead of all the empathy that has been evidenced on this site for her, there would be cries of "silly woman"?

I would hope not. The fact still remains that she is dead. However it happened.

I never said suicide was silly. I made a comment about a particular persons actions.

That's a great link, factfinda. Cases such as this one will probably prove to be defining cases regarding defamation. I remember reading an interview about the Morcombe case and the people involved pleading with the public to be careful about opinion online. Although I suspect you're probably already across this, I've found a link (as promised) to that info; it's not the original one I was referring to, but you get the gist: http://www.perthnow.com.au/suspect-...be-investigation/story-fn6cmyjj-1226116258731

FYI, this blogger makes some points that is relevant to any case, particularly the current one: http://www.thethingsidtellyou.com/2011/08/please-brisbane-for-daniel-for-bruce.html

<modsnip> the following Australian links make for interesting reading. The first is subheaded "Defamation laws for social media no different from traditional media": http://www.arnnet.com.au/article/417272/australia_an_easier_option_social_media_lawsuits_/#closeme

The second is just some general info on social media and defamation in Australia: http://www.findlaw.com.au/articles/4237/social-media-and-defamation.aspx

The experts cited in these stories are a mix of media professionals and lawyers, so I think we can assume they're credible and relevant, <modsnip>.

Factfinda, as I said earlier in this post, I'm pretty sure you'd already be aware of this info <modsnip>. I hope I don't come across as self-important, arrogant and/or pompous; my apologies if I do.

Cheers
IMO / MOO / OMG / PITA

IMO you come across as very knowledgeable and you are speaking to all of us here and giving us the benefit of your expertise, as is factfinda. :fireworks:

How else have intimate homicides occurred in past cases,

-brutal force? (pushing down stairs)
-Poisoning?
-gassing (don't know how you would do this but putting something poisonous in medication)
-Drowning?
Stabbing? (not likely as police seem to have said no obvious signs)

What sorts of ways do husbands take their wives lives? Maybe the police have more than just toxicology to worry about, - there have to be other stealth-ish methods of killing someone. Thoughts?

I am basing my post on documentaries I have watched on CI channel about the process of retrieving info from either deleted hard drives or damaged hard drives (including ones affected by fire). It can sometimes take months. You may have other experiences.

I have spoken to IT nerds about this and they said the same thing - there are only a few experts that can do the job properly, it takes time and costs a lot of money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966