Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose any man who could accidentally cheat on his wife several times and drive their business into the ground and ruin the family finances and security could also accidentally kill his wife then accidentally dump her body in the cold water hoping it would never be found.

Allison's family has thrown its arms around her daughters <self moderated - removed children's names> as her murder remains a mystery.

Her Ipswich cousin Leah Moore said the family had united to raise money for the girls.

"We don't know what's coming with the case or anything so it's just to ensure they have the best life possible really."

http://www.qt.com.au/story/2012/05/26/allison-always-wanted-ipswich-for-her-girls/

It must be so hard for her family, the sooner they know the better.

Is it possible she did walk somewhere to the top of the creek and consume drugs and alcohol and pass away?

If they need to wait for toxicology results then it would be safe to assume she wasn't stabbed, shot, beaten or had cracked skill.

Is it possible she commited suicide at home and GBC got rid of the body in a panic?

While it is distasteful to think she may have commited suicide I personally know of someone who was seen as the perfect community member and perfect mother who wanted to punish her husband when he said he was leaving and took a heap of drugs and went to bed so when he woke up in the morning he would be beside his dead wife. Silly woman just made herself sick instead.

Is it possible she did walk somewhere to the top of the creek and consume drugs and alcohol and pass away?

If they need to wait for toxicology results then it would be safe to assume she wasn't stabbed, shot, beaten or had cracked skill.

Is it possible she commited suicide at home and GBC got rid of the body in a panic?

While it is distasteful to think she may have commited suicide I personally know of someone who was seen as the perfect community member and perfect mother who wanted to punish her husband when he said he was leaving and took a heap of drugs and went to bed so when he woke up in the morning he would be beside his dead wife. Silly woman just made herself sick instead.

the reason they need toxicology results isnt because they think she has been poisoned, its because they have to have absolute proof she didnt have lethal drugs in her system, because if it hasnt been ruled out the killers lawyer can say she may have taken a mixture of drugs which killed her, and then there is reasonable doubt

I am a bit deflated by that news today, it indicates that they still don't know how she died. Does that also mean they do not have enough information to arrest someone?

It just means that they are still waiting for test results.....they are probably sick of impatient people blaming the police and wanted it out there that there are issues with the government facility in charge of testing the evidence. :twocents:

One more thing,

Off topic but kind of relevant.
Regarding defamation and social networks
To anyone who may have followed the Kupunda trial (Mrs G) before the suspect was publicly announced social networks were outrightly naming this person. A few people started panicking and saying that they were going to cause problems in the trial blah blah blah. Media had first shown the murderer placing a floral tribute and then removed all footage. Many had commented then that there is nothing that can be done, social media has taken over. (I am trying to make a point but proving difficult) That poor poor son found out via media about his family. I just feel that what we write on the internet is what we write, we are not stating a fact that Gerard killed his wife. Who cares what I have to say. If I go out and shout it to everyone is anyone really going to take notice? Are they then going to go home and say he's guilty just because I said so??? Doubt it.
Yes,innocent people are being caught up in this but unfortunately people are curious about the association that others have with the suspect/s. I don't know how I would go in a jury because I read the news and make MY OWN assumptions.
Sorry, hope this is making sense to some?

Oh and it took Jason Downie 12 months to finally enter his plea. 12 months!!!!! Horrible guy. He was the only suspect too. Gerard seems kind of ok compared to him.

I agree that the media should (and usually does) take responsibility for the material it publishes, and the impact it can have both legally and also on someone's private life. IMO, it will take awhile for the rest of the populace to catch up and realise they also need to take responsibility for their own comments.

A previous poster (WI, I think?) posted a link to a website explaining some of the dangers of online comments. A great quote that caught my eye was: "Ordinary citizens need to realise that their comments on Facebook, Twitter and other websites are ‘publications’ in the eyes of the law".

So, even though people might personally not put much stock in the comments they make, or don't feel what they say has any real impact, the law can view it quite differently.

A timely Radio National report was broadcast earlier this week which discusses social media and the law: http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/lawreport/social-media/4026446

The introduction reads: "If you blog or use social media such as Twitter or Facebook you're now a publisher, whether you know it or not. And in the eyes of the law, you're held to the same level of liability as a large media organisation."

As someone who deals professionally with mental health disorders I can assure you that taking ones life or attempting to do so is not "silly". Whilst yes some people do attempt suicide to punish others - that in itself is indicative of someone with a great deal of mental anguish. I also would like to challenge you as to why you stated it's "distasteful to think she may have committed suicide"... I think her death is a tragic event but if she were to have taken her own life it is no more distasteful than if she died at the hands of another.

There has been much conjecture on here as to girlfriends etc etc of GBD. I'm a bit lost as to the blonde woman that's been spoken of. I also don't understand the chat now about them going out for dinner? The internet has enlarged the terrors of gossip by mammoth proportions!

I can assure you that toxicology is imperative to get the full picture. There is a very important part of the story missing to the public I feel certain. The knowledge that the home was cleaned up so that GBC & his daughters could go back home is intriguing to me. It must have quickly become unimportant to the investigation.

I have watched the footage a number of times of the interview with GBD before ABC was located. It is very clear to me that his sister has information that she's "holding in". The comment about ABC being depressed is another important piece. Maybe she was? It is erroneous to believe that depression is obvious to others. It is not always so. High functioning individuals can conceal their illness to others successfully. GBC is playing a game - I'm not sure of course weather that is he doesn't want his "story" or "history" to come out - in fact this also could explain S's body language also - she doesn't want the proverbial defecation to hit the fan...that could be enough to explain the odd behaviour on interview. The fact that much of his personal life would soon become public fodder could be plenty reason for his demeanour & his sisters nervous body language.

Quoting Factfinder.
"If you blog or use social media such as Twitter or Facebook you're now a publisher, whether you know it or not. And in the eyes of the law, you're held to the same level of liability as a large media organisation."

Yeah, that is interesting and something I was certainly not aware of.
I can understand twitter being that way but Facebook to me, seems like that should be "our own". I guess it would be if set to private?
I may need to be more careful in the future.
I would like to hear from our legal posters in regards to this.
Could be a new era in law???
Somethings I have seen just in regard to this case have been pretty bad.(Aussie crims and that Facebook tribute page) I don't want to link as I know some on here would find some comments offensive.

I am really sorry that I even hinted or made suggestion around the blonde lady. I did not mean to offend anyone.
There were a lot of people who also said that TM was not involved(just saying) so I was just seeing if there was any truth to this other lady. It was stated that there were affairS but I think for now I will avoid reading the other site.

On another thread on this forum I read this
"Say what you mean,
Mean what you say
but don't say it mean."

Something I always try to adhere to.

As someone who deals professionally with mental health disorders I can assure you that taking ones life or attempting to do so is not &quot;silly&quot;. Whilst yes some people do attempt suicide to punish others - that in itself is indicative of someone with a great deal of mental anguish. I also would like to challenge you as to why you stated it's &quot;distasteful to think she may have committed suicide&quot;... I think her death is a tragic event but if she were to have taken her own life it is no more distasteful than if she died at the hands of another.

I can assure you that toxicology is imperative to get the full picture. There is a very important part of the story missing to the public I feel certain. The knowledge that the home was cleaned up so that GBC & his daughters could go back home is intriguing to me. It must have quickly become unimportant to the investigation.

I disgree, she was very silly. It was punishment and not mental anguish, it was about control. As for toxicology, no doubt it is very important. I didn't dispute that. However, if she was stabbed etc they would not be as important and if they had suspect they would have arrested or at least formally interviewed someone. They don't wait for tox results for everyunlawful death. And as for suicide being distasteful, no doubt you are aware of many peoples religious and otherwise beliefs that make suicide distasteful. I must have missed the bit where I said that suicide was more distasteful than havng her life taken at the hands of another.

Just to pause on your thorts aussie-mum - you can't tell what is going through GBC's mind but I still think- if she did commit suicide, he probably would not have needed to lawyer up.

Just to pause on your thorts aussie-mum - you can't tell what is going through GBC's mind but I still think- if she did commit suicide, he probably would not have needed to lawyer up.

Interference with a corpse would require lawyering up. (just saying) : )

I think it was too far and too dark there that night between 10pm and 7am. for her to have walked there.

Suicide? - I have never heard of a partner engaging barristers (or just lawyers) if their partner commits suicide. IMO she did not commit suicide.

Courier Mail today claims that Police Commissioner Bob Atkinson said yesterday that they were yet to receive toxicology results from the post mortem ...

Atkinson is quoted as saying "We haven't had a breakthrough as yet, but that breakthrough is only one piece of information away."

The police will not give up. There is hope for justice.

I agree that the media should (and usually does) take responsibility for the material it publishes, and the impact it can have both legally and also on someone's private life. IMO, it will take awhile for the rest of the populace to catch up and realise they also need to take responsibility for their own comments.

So, even though people might personally not put much stock in the comments they make, or don't feel what they say has any real impact, the law can view it quite differently.

That's a great link, factfinda. Cases such as this one will probably prove to be defining cases regarding defamation. I remember reading an interview about the Morcombe case and the people involved pleading with the public to be careful about opinion online. Although I suspect you're probably already across this, I've found a link (as promised) to that info; it's not the original one I was referring to, but you get the gist: http://www.perthnow.com.au/suspect-...be-investigation/story-fn6cmyjj-1226116258731

FYI, this blogger makes some points that is relevant to any case, particularly the current one: http://www.thethingsidtellyou.com/2011/08/please-brisbane-for-daniel-for-bruce.html

<modsnip> the following Australian links make for interesting reading. The first is subheaded "Defamation laws for social media no different from traditional media": http://www.arnnet.com.au/article/417272/australia_an_easier_option_social_media_lawsuits_/#closeme

The second is just some general info on social media and defamation in Australia: http://www.findlaw.com.au/articles/4237/social-media-and-defamation.aspx

The experts cited in these stories are a mix of media professionals and lawyers, so I think we can assume they're credible and relevant, <modsnip>.

Factfinda, as I said earlier in this post, I'm pretty sure you'd already be aware of this <modsnip>. I hope I don't come across as self-important, arrogant and/or pompous; my apologies if I do.

Cheers
IMO / MOO / OMG / PITA

Just back from Kenmore Village and spoke to Sam the guy who unlocks the chains in the morning on 3 entrances (roundabout, Cedarleigh Road and Anz bank car park). He told me they are locked at about 10.30pm (by security) and unlocked by him before 8am to prevent commuters from using the carpark. The Brookfield Road entrance/exit is never chained. He has NEVER reported a chain missing in recent times...looked a bit bewildered when I asked him! lol
For the bullies on this forum, there is no need to comment on this post...feel free to ignore...I know I do the same to yours now.

Quoting Factfinder.
"If you blog or use social media such as Twitter or Facebook you're now a publisher, whether you know it or not. And in the eyes of the law, you're held to the same level of liability as a large media organisation."

Yeah, that is interesting and something I was certainly not aware of.
I can understand twitter being that way but Facebook to me, seems like that should be "our own". I guess it would be if set to private?
I may need to be more careful in the future.
I would like to hear from our legal posters in regards to this.
Could be a new era in law???
Somethings I have seen just in regard to this case have been pretty bad.(Aussie crims and that Facebook tribute page) I don't want to link as I know some on here would find some comments offensive.

I am really sorry that I even hinted or made suggestion around the blonde lady. I did not mean to offend anyone.
There were a lot of people who also said that TM was not involved(just saying) so I was just seeing if there was any truth to this other lady. It was stated that there were affairS but I think for now I will avoid reading the other site.

Really think that sooner or later all the mistress info will be in the public domain. When you make a decision to get involved with a long time married man with 3 gorgeous children then unfortunately you run the risk of getting 15 minutes of fame and being outted in public. Maybe you really were not after that kind of attention and you made a mistake - the public are harsh critics yes, but mistakes are mistakes fess up be honest it usually takes the sting out of public humiliation.

But if any mistress had been pressuring GBC to get out of his marriage or something similar and perhaps to divorce and re-marry then I think you ask for what you get!! (JMHO - so don't bring the knives out pls!!!):rocker:

There was a case in FNQ of a young boy who went missing, feared abducted, and when they found his body it was still in question whether he suicided or whether it was misadventure or murder. After tox results it was established he commited suicide. He was found in the middle of now where from memory. I wish I could remember his name, a very sad story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966