Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
More interesting to me is how certain elements of the funeral were described. That the detectives semed to be giving certain people more attention. That certain attendees, were outward in anger etc.

As a person described way earlier in the thread.....Detectives keep their friends close, but their enemies even closer.

Also displays of over excessive behaviour at funerals can often mean that said person displaying said behaviours, can have, themselves...something to hide. People backed this up with crying and anger videos...of people upset...even stating "they want the murder found".....to be found out, they were the murderer themselves.

GBC was involved in her murder.....but the other person I feel was closer to home too. More closer than many think.

reading between the lines..are you meaning a close friend of the vicitm?

That's why I find I'm careful about what I say about him, his family and about those who know him. I do have my own thoughts that he possibly is guilty going by what I have read, but I also know that I may be wrong.

I got caught out once in a case (a British one) where the police even arrested the obvious suspect and after he was held for the allocated time you can hold someone without a charge, he was let go. Internet sites and media said all sorts of derogatory stuff about him... Then not long after someone else was arrested and charged, someone who the media and police had made barely any mention on.

Meantime, the obvious suspect had his life and reputation ruined, and I mean ruined and ended up suing the media.

Ever since then, no matter how obvious a suspect may appear, I find I err on the side of caution in what I say publically on the internet until a charge is laid.. What I say publically in forums stays and can be accessed years later... it gives one a most terrible horrid gut feeling knowing that you have somehow contributed towards shirting up someone else's life.
Precisely!

reading between the lines..are you meaning a close friend of the vicitm?

I feel we need to look at all avenues....I think we are pretty poor sleutheres if the only people we sleuth are anyone who may have screwed Gerard (other than his wife) and anyone who may now or in the past had the surname Baden-Clay........It is rather lacking to just look at that angle, isn't it?

and PS : yeah, why not. Had GBC had been lovely to the camera, or spoken more lovely about Allison.....would we have dismissed him so easily?....NOOOO. Why dismiss others?

If the person was a stalker I would think the police would have warned the public. I also think the police wouldnt be so interested in the Baden Clay cars they would be looking for the stalkers car.

Yes exactly...& I think there were repeated statements by police along the lines of there was no cause for alarm for residents...ie...no stalkers/boogy men etc ..lol.

April 27, 2012
Metropolitan North Detective Superintendant Mark Ainsworth said the couple's cars are a silver Holden Captiva and a white Toyota Prado.

Both vehicles have since been impounded but anyone who saw them between the hours of 8pm Thursday and 6am Friday are urged to call Crimestoppers on 1800 333 000.

http://www.news.com.au/national/sea...ay/story-e6frfkvr-1226337675767#ixzz1w8euGSV5

Oh hell yeah.....As I stipulated once before, If he saw me in the street and said "Hi, I'm Gerard...Would you like some coffee?"..............I'd do a speedy gonzales....right on out of there "NOOOOOO THANK YOU"....I prefer to stay dry and alive thanks.

Sadly, that would be no matter what the result is....Sad or not, that is my truth.

:floorlaugh:lol. you are funny.:)

It is sad though.(maybe I am a softie)..I just can't help think how awful it would be to be in the position of having a loved one murdered, being totally ripped apart by the general public for it, yet I am totally innocent. My life would never be the same again and quite naturally many people will still gravitate away from me after all is said and done despite being innocent, cause mud sticks.
And yeah I know in this case regardless with the affair and stuff he is never going to get away with a squeaky clean image regardless. (And he would know that even if he is innocent."*advertiser censored* i'm in deep now.."). tangled webs n all.

I feel we need to look at all avenues....I think we are pretty poor sleutheres if the only people we sleuth are anyone who may have screwed Gerard (other than his wife) and anyone who may now or in the past had the surname Baden-Clay........It is rather lacking to just look at that angle, isn't it?

and PS : yeah, why not. Had GBC had been lovely to the camera, or spoken more lovely about Allison.....would we have dismissed him so easily?....NOOOO. Why dismiss others?

I totally agree. I am sure good detectives look at ALL angles.

I'm just putting it out there that I can't say for certain that I think GBC is guilty. A lot of people (many women included) have affairs and that in no way, shape or form means those people are capable of murder. Unfortunately for him, his affairs are helping to put him in a bad light and marring his character but I have seen pics of him with his girls and you can tell by their body language that they love and adore him. I question whether a man like this would harm anybody?? None of us are perfect and we each have admirable and less appealing traits just like GBC. I think the police only have "suspects" at this point but very little PROOF. This could very well take years and might not be as cut and dry as we imagine....

:floorlaugh:lol. you are funny.:)

It is sad though.(maybe I am a softie)..I just can't help think how awful it would be to be in the position of having a loved one murdered, being totally ripped apart by the general public for it, yet I am totally innocent. My life would never be the same again and quite naturally many people will still gravitate away from me after all is said and done despite being innocent, cause mud sticks.
And yeah I know in this case regardless with the affair and stuff he is never going to get away with a squeaky clean image regardless. (And he would know that even if he is innocent."*advertiser censored* i'm in deep now.."). tangled webs n all.

It is sad!!! No matter if he is guilty or innocent- his life and reputation are completely ruined either way.

Oh and BLUEBOTTLE... I know who you are talking about in the uk ;-) I often think of that case.

Most likely because they're not persons of interest...as defined in TOS

So, detectives hanging about a person ALOT at the funeral doesnt make someone a person of interest? A person in here indicated that the detectives spent alot of time with a certain person.

A heap of members thanked a post made by someone which indicated "Detectives keep their friends close, but their enemies closer".

This person even indicated, she "knew things" and "should have done more". (where people have jumped on a DV bandwagon...when it could have meant, she felt Allison was suicidal (lie)...could have meant so much more. Or something so much different.

Oh that's right, the detective werent there to work.....They were just there as condolence.....tish tish....YEAH RIGHT

I feel there is more to it.

I'm just putting it out there that I can't say for certain that I think GBC is guilty. A lot of people (many women included) have affairs and that in no way, shape or form means those people are capable of murder. Unfortunately for him, his affairs are helping to put him in a bad light and marring his character but I have seen pics of him with his girls and you can tell by their body language that they love and adore him. I question whether a man like this would harm anybody?? None of us are perfect and we each have admirable and less appealing traits just like GBC. I think the police only have "suspects" at this point but very little PROOF. This could very well take years and might not be as cut and dry as we imagine....

I'm quite sure Arthur Freeman loved his daughter too...before he killed her by throwing her off a bridge.

I'm quite sure Arthur Freeman loved his daughter too...before he killed her by throwing her off a bridge.

Does this mean, we should look at Mr Dickie too?....As this means at times fathers kill their daughters.

Sorry just trying to decipher how discussing Arthur freeman is relavant to us remaining within the TOS.

AND NO...I dont for one moment think that Mr Dickie had any involvement...and wouldnt indicate so.

If the person was a stalker I would think the police would have warned the public. I also think the police wouldnt be so interested in the Baden Clay cars they would be looking for the stalkers car.
True - but, if 'the stalker' was someone who did know ABC (and was a colleague/friend/lover/business connection/'rejected' would-be paramour, local community member, etc, etc), the police might be aware of this. To my way of thinking, a stalker usually (or very often) has a particular 'target' in mind. This being the case, he/she would not be a danger to the wider community - at least, one would probably assume not, anyway.

Does this mean, we should look at Mr Dickie too?....As this means at times fathers kill their daughters.

Sorry just trying to decipher how discussing Arthur freeman is relavant , to us remaining within the TOS.

AND NO...I dont for one moment think that Mr Dickie had any involement...and wouldnt indicate so.

Perhaps I should have adjusted the quote I was replying to...this is what I was replying to...

I have seen pics of him with his girls and you can tell by their body language that they love and adore him. I question whether a man like this would harm anybody??

My reply to that...

I still can't figure out why there has been two versions of events that morning. GBC said, firstly, that she went for a walk and didn't come back. (he even told her parents that). Then we hear he last saw her the night before at 10pm watching the footy show. To me, this alone is a bit sus.

If GBC had never done that TV interview, I'd probably not be so convinced that he was the person the police should be interested in.

Reading between the lines of the GBC apologists, I feel that at least one of them is pointing us towards TM as the stalker. Whether that is a red herring, or whether they have inside info, I'm not sure.

All this is my impression and my opinion, according to what we have been allowed to hear.

Interesting observation - it really backs up what a friend of mine who had met in at several functions had to say about finding him 'delightful' (a point which, earlier, caused an indignant flurry of posts!). She, too, had the gut feeling that he wouldn't be up to it (for want of a better phrase).

I still can't figure out why there has been two versions of events that morning. GBC said, firstly, that she went for a walk and didn't come back. (he even told her parents that). Then we hear he last saw her the night before at 10pm watching the footy show. To me, this alone is a bit sus.

Im not overly sure there are necessarily two versions....Lets say (I dont believe this idea, but it is plausible if one was innocent).

Gerard walks into the loungeroom at around 10pm.....sees Allison(for the last time), watching the Footy Show. Goes to bed and sleeps, presuming also that Allison would have gone to bed and slept.

Wakes up in the morning and presumes Allison is on her walk. Decides at 7:30am....Hmmmm, she isnt back I better call the police". In the meantime he calls the Dickies "Im really worried, Allison hasnt come back from her walk".

Marlywings I am speaking of THEIR body language in pics with him. IMO a person capable of murder isn't a decent person and surely wouldn't be adored by 3 children. Children are very very in tune with their surroundings and can pick up their parents moods or behaviours easier than we give them credit for and if GBC was violent or had a hidden jeckyl and hyde persona then his children would have picked up on that and wouldn't be as warm towards him. I just find it interesting that ALL the family pics I have seen of him shows a very loving attentive man with kids that clearly adore him. I am not saying he can't be guilty it is just something very apparent to me. Do we know what Arthur Freeman's daughter thought of him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member