Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This message from Currious cat was in regards to someone asking whether there could be someone else involved that we are unaware of.........perhaps someone that ABC knew for any number of reasons. I agree that we can't go down the path of speculating who this could be if it did happen to be true etc. because we have no information about anything of that nature......and we don't want to start any rumours etc.

However, we are not the police, just because WE (the public) don't have any solid facts about anyone else doesn't mean that the police don't have such facts or information. So in my opinion the scenario of a completely different person being involved who we have not heard of here or in the media even, is not impossible. In saying this, remember this is just my opinion and not fact. By saying this, I am also only reflecting a POSSIBILITY of other things that the police may have considered and not shared with the public for their own reasons. We obviously are unable to sleuth in this direction though.

The other brief comment that I wanted to make was that someone questioned whether GBC had visited the Kholo Creek site after Allison's body was found. I cannot remember where (and even if I did I am so technologically unsavvy that I wouldn't know how to link anyway!), but I do remember reading somewhere about GBC visiting the site with his daughters. From what I remember, it was a different occasion to the time that the Dickies visited.

I am not trying to "defend GBC" or anything like that. I am just trying to be fair. Reality is that there is so much that we (the public) don't know and it is very hard to make a true judgement without all of the facts. All I hope for everyone's sake, is that the QPS do a thorough job and arrest the right person(s)...whoever they are.

I totally agree. I'm a newbie but have read ALL the threads from the beginning (even the threads that were deleted ;))
There are so many things we don't know, and like many of you have said, we are really at the mercy of the media. The investigation is clearly heading in one direction but, hey, we could be wrong! It could be months and months before an arrest is made. MOO
My heart goes out to Allison's little girls and her family.

Thanks Louh, it helps to see it all in point form like that!

Something that keeps troubling me, and which we have discussed a bit, is in relation to assumption no. 5:

If we are to assume that the two family cars were involved, why the two cars? Why wouldn't the perp and accomplice go in one car, dump body and return together? Unless they were going to leave Allison's car out there to make it look like suicide/car accident etc, I don't get why both family cars were taken (if this is the case of course - maybe it was a family car and a totally different car seen, who knows.....)??

Thanks for asking this question, Why 2 Family cars???

Just had an epiphany......body would need to lie down in back area of one of the vehicles, yes, BUT THE BACK SEATS WOULD BE LOWERED TO MAKE IT BIG ENOUGH.

SO......No seat room for helpers. Means there was more than one helper needing a seat in a vehicle to travel out to the dump site....ugghhhhh hate saying it sorry.

Get the visual now folks? Means the driver of the 'body' car and another driver of the accomplice/s (needed to lift, place, find good spot as well)???? IMO

Thanks Mouse, funny you say the hot zone..... I drove up Rafting Ground Road this morning and on the side of the road, there was a single pink flag. Never notice it before. Probably nothing at all, but do police really use flags?

I know the SES do. Usually their searches are overseen by police. So I guess they might too.

The other brief comment that I wanted to make was that someone questioned whether GBC had visited the Kholo Creek site after Allison's body was found. I cannot remember where (and even if I did I am so technologically unsavvy that I wouldn't know how to link anyway!), but I do remember reading somewhere about GBC visiting the site with his daughters. From what I remember, it was a different occasion to the time that the Dickies visited.

I am not trying to "defend GBC" or anything like that. I am just trying to be fair. Reality is that there is so much that we (the public) don't know and it is very hard to make a true judgement without all of the facts. All I hope for everyone's sake, is that the QPS do a thorough job and arrest the right person(s)...whoever they are.

I haven't read anything about him visiting the bridge site, well not at least after her body was found, but IF he did, surely he wouldn't take the girls there? Wouldn't that be even more traumatic for them??

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/police-interview-brisbane-man-over-missing-wife/story-e6frg6nf-1226342131175

THE husband of missing Brisbane woman Allison Baden-Clay was interviewed by detectives yesterday as police continued their search for her in western Brisbane.

Gerard Baden-Clay arrived at Indooroopilly Police Station in the western suburbs early yesterday afternoon with his father, leaving his three children with his wife's parents at a nearby park. He returned to his parents' house in nearby Kenmore an hour or so later.

Mrs Baden-Clay has not been seen since she left her home at the semi-rural suburb of Brookfield on the evening of April 19.

Police have previously said Mr Baden-Clay was not a person of interest in his wife's disappearance.

A Brookfield resident told Brisbane's Sunday Mail newspaper he heard a woman scream at about the time Mrs Baden-Clay disappeared.

Up to 80 police are involved in the search, and police divers were called in yesterday to scour private dams in the area.

The area also has several old mine shafts, and police are investigating whether she may have fallen down one of these.

Assistant Commissioner Mike Condon said yesterday family members were co-operating with police. MB

Really – the media are so confusing!!!!

He did go to the police station but GBC has not made a FORMAL STATEMENT yet.

http://www.news.com.au/national/ger...ate-wife-allison/story-e6frfkvr-1226361199904

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...t-police-station/story-e6freoof-1226341919352

Info re statements.

http://www.caxton.org.au/pdfs/Police Powers Your Rights.pdf

The above 8.04pm report was replaced with this one with a time stamp of 12.00am

Hopes of arrest after toxicology results in Allison Baden-Clay murder case released

TOXICOLOGY tests into the murder of Allison Baden-Clay have been completed, but police are yet to announce what killed the mother-of-three.
It's the last piece of the puzzle from the post-mortem examination and police say they are moving as fast as they can.

Police won't reveal what information they've gleaned so far from the results and say they won't be releasing the toxicology findings, which were returned on Monday.

Police Minister Jack Dempsey said last week the investigation was a priority and police would do everything they could to ensure no stone was left unturned.

Despite a backlog in forensic test analysis, data submitted from the post-mortem examination on Mrs Baden-Clay had been fast-tracked to try to secure an arrest as soon as possible.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...results-released/story-e6freoof-1226372823158

I tend to analyse every word a reporter says, I'm sure they don't realise how we hang on to what they say and how careful they need to be in the words they use.
Even in the above report I wondered at the words "last piece of the puzzle from the post mortem exam"
I would have thought "LATEST" would be the word they should have used. There must be still other tests they are waiting on surely.
I just find it frustrating and no wonder we all get confused.

grrr i keep forgetting to put stuff in my messages before sending them. My brain is working overtime today lol

Another 2 things i was thinking of while looking at reports in google

I remember in one they said something about

GBC wasn't going to say who he thought killed Allison

I'm wondering if going by that someone else did do it and GBC was just involved in some way (if he was)

Also i can't understand why (if they think) GBC did it that he hasn't (according to news reports) given a statement yet. I was in a situation last year where i witnessed something. I wasn't even allowed to go too the hospital to see my friend until i had been to the police station to do my statement

He is not required to give a statement, ever. He can remain silent even if this goes to trial. It looks suss, but he is in his right to remain silent, in particular since he has been under legal advice from perhaps the first day.

I tend to analyse every word a reporter says, I'm sure they don't realise how we hang on to what they say and how careful they need to be in the words they use.
Even in the above report I wondered at the words "last piece of the puzzle from the post mortem exam"
I would have thought "LATEST" would be the word they should have used. There must be still other tests they are waiting on surely.
I just find it frustrating and no wonder we all get confused.

Their job is to sell the story. They need to write at least a few paragraphs, make it somewhat sensational, with very little new info. IMO I wouldn't take what they write to the exact word.

He is not required to give a statement, ever. He can remain silent even if this goes to trial. It looks suss, but he is in his right to remain silent, in particular since he has been under legal advice from perhaps the first day.

Thankyou i didn't know how that worked :)

Hi all I have watched and followed since thread one and really enjoy the constructive and well thought our theories. I am also impressed with the integrity and behavior of most of the posters.

I am a local and neighbour of ABC and my daughter and I have followed this case with interest and with sadness. My daughter is a bit of an amateur sleuth!!

My daughter has just got back from uni and as she passed the Indooroopilly Police Station she saw GBCs car parked at the front in the car park.

She knows that it is his car because she saw him driving it at Kenmore Village shops last week and she has seen it parked in front of the rental property in Brookfield last week. A gold non metallic 4 wheel drive.

I wonder if this is finally the statement that we have all been waiting for???!!

:woohoo:

Thanks for asking this question, Why 2 Family cars???

IMO

Possibly a few reasons:

1. More obvious if say, 2 family members that are close but dont live together are spotted in the dead of night in the one vehicle.

2. Less questions if other peron's dna is Not found in GBC's vehicle.

3. Would be more unlikely that close family member would be in GBC family vehicles given that 3 kids and spouse would be more the norm- so again less room for explainations.

All my own specullation.

Hi all I have watched and followed since thread one and really enjoy the constructive and well thought our theories. I am also impressed with the integrity and behavior of most of the posters.

I am a local and neighbour of ABC and my daughter and I have followed this case with interest and with sadness. My daughter is a bit of an amateur sleuth!!

My daughter has just got back from uni and as she passed the Indooroopilly Police Station she saw GBCs car parked at the front in the car park.

She knows that it is his car because she saw him driving it at Kenmore Village shops last week and she has seen it parked in front of the rental property in Brookfield last week. A gold non metallic 4 wheel drive.

I wonder if this is finally the statement that we have all been waiting for???!!

fromhttp://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/smilies/woohoo.gif

Hi, welcome! He may or may not be driving that car. I believe his father has also driven a car like that? If it was him, it could be to be informed about the final autopsy/toxicology results? Am sure some reporters may be on his trail and we will know sooner or later (I hope)!

Perhaps GBC being advised of Tox results? MOO

She knows that it is his car because she saw him driving it at Kenmore Village shops last week and she has seen it parked in front of the rental property in Brookfield last week. A gold non metallic 4 wheel dr

We can only hope.

Well done Fergie:jail:

It's been quite a while since we have heard anything from his lawyer. I wonder if they will make a statement on GBC's behalf regarding the final toxicology results? Or, have the lawyers gone quiet because the bill has not been paid? All just my speculation.

I think I could be fair if anyone could get me past these facts.....

Prior to Allison's body being found.....

First attending police at the house noticed "unspecified observations" which they reported to detectives....really??? detectives!??! it's just a missing person case??

The house was declared a crime scene ...if there's been any sort of indication of foul play I'd presume classing the house as a crime scene would be the way to go...but is this normal in just a missing person case!??! ...I don't think so at all.

Both cars were impounded. is this normal in a missing person case!??!

Detectives removed phones/computers/laptops/diary/shredded paper from GBC's parents home & business....is this normal in a missing person case!?!??

GBC told Allison's parents..."she went for a walk & didn't come back"....well if that was the case why were dectectives involved...crime scene...cars impounded...removal of computers etc etc.

Trying really hard to be fair here but it's just not adding up...in my opinion.

I think I could be fair if anyone could get me past these facts.....

Prior to Allison's body being found.....

First attending police at the house noticed "unspecified observations" which they reported to detectives....really??? detectives!??! it's just a missing person case??

The house was declared a crime scene ...if there's been any sort of indication of foul play I'd presume classing the house as a crime scene would be the way to go...but is this normal in just a missing person case!??! ...I don't think so at all.

Both cars were impounded. is this normal in a missing person case!??!

Detectives removed phones/computers/laptops/diary/shredded paper from GBC's parents home & business....is this normal in a missing person case!?!??

GBC told Allison's parents..."she went for a walk & didn't come back"....well if that was the case why were dectectives involved...crime scene...cars impounded...removal of computers etc etc.

Trying really hard to be fair here but it's just not adding up...in my opinion.

That's right ... nothing adds up to just an initial missing persons report. It is obvious, that whatever the first police officer(s) attending the house observed, warranted an immediate murder investigation. That's why, in my humble opinion, QPS could have already had a record of previous possible DV for that address. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010