Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spratsmum,

Thanks. Maybe my thinking is incorrect, but I'd have thought that if tox was negative, they would say as much, because that would change nothing. Urrgh, frustrating.

I don't know what they would be getting a negative for though. I would assume that if someone was found dead in a fertiliser factory and the assumption had been that he was killed through lack of ventilation, then a toxicology report that ruled that line of inquiry out would be newsworthy, but that is not the case here. Again if the rumours of drugs being used to put Allison to sleep was widely held and had been part of the police investigation, then I could understand if they said, high levels of whatever were found in Allison Baden-Clay's blood.

As I understand the process (and I am no scientist and have no knowledge really, just a laymens understanding of the term) I would think we may find out at the trial or even when someone is charged. eg.
"It is alleged that the large amount of chocolate found in the stomach of the victim came from a stash of easter eggs lying on the floor at the home of the accussed. It is further alleged that the chocolate was force fed to the victim by the accussed who was well aware of the effect this would have on Mrs Baden Clay's severe allergies" That sort of thing.

I am not trying to be flippant with the chocolate - i couldn't think of anything was less improbable.

Has it ever occurred to anyone else that maybe the killer was someone Allison herself was involved with?

Hi jubilee, if you have the time to read all the previous threads you will see we have covered just about every possible scenario. Seriously, I believe the majority of us don't want the finger to be pointing where it keeps ending up.

When Allison first went missing, my hubby immediately assumed GBC was somehow responsible (we are local, know who the family is but don't know them personally, friends of friends etc). I was shocked and vehemently argued against this assumption for quite a while! But as time has gone on, and things have played out, Im just not sure any more. I hate the thought of GBC being involved or responsible for all of the obvious reasons, and I hope it doesn't end up being him. Time will tell though.

I just searched google and apparently the detective/police don't have to release reports of all toxicology/forensic results publically .

Also i was just reading a news report about Allison's toxicology results being handed to the police and part of it says

Detectives have been following a number of leads and have made several appeals for public help.

The cause of Ms Baden-Clay's death is still unknown.

I don't think we missed it. It has been stated in previous threads and linked to media articles, that the girls were on sleepover. I am not sure why there was continued speculation. I thought we had established that some time back.. Or maybe its just MOO that we had established it. I thought we had- in my mind we had.

I agree, I thought it had been established earlier that the girls were at a sleep over.. at least that was my understanding and another reason I was sus of GBC. IMO

I read and was trying to find a link to last nights courier mail release. I was going to post a link last night but this thread was closed. And now I can't find the report. But it did state along the lines of the toxicology results leading to an arrest. Or that they believe they will lead to an arrest..something similar to that.

I just searched google and apparently the detective/police don't have to release reports of all toxicology/forensic results publically .

Also i was just reading a news report about Allison's toxicology results being handed to the police and part of it says

Detectives have been following a number of leads and have made several appeals for public help.

The cause of Ms Baden-Clay's death is still unknown.

i read that too, but maybe it just means cod is still unknown to the general public?

I don't know what they would be getting a negative for though. I would assume that if someone was found dead in a fertiliser factory and the assumption had been that he was killed through lack of ventilation, then a toxicology report that ruled that line of inquiry out would be newsworthy, but that is not the case here. Again if the rumours of drugs being used to put Allison to sleep was widely held and had been part of the police investigation, then I could understand if they said, high levels of whatever were found in Allison Baden-Clay's blood.

As I understand the process (and I am no scientist and have no knowledge really, just a laymens understanding of the term) I would think we may find out at the trial or even when someone is charged. eg.
"It is alleged that the large amount of chocolate found in the stomach of the victim came from a stash of easter eggs lying on the floor at the home of the accussed. It is further alleged that the chocolate was force fed to the victim by the accussed who was well aware of the effect this would have on Mrs Baden Clay's severe allergies" That sort of thing.

I am not trying to be flippant with the chocolate - i couldn't think of anything was less improbable.

A nagative could be helpful if the defense try to say Allison took her own life, which I always thought they would try.

we don't know he hasn't visited the site - only that the media either weren't there, didn't photograph and/or hasnt reported it. I concur the last two are unlikely, but we need to remain aware that at all times we are at the mercy of the media organisations.

Yes - very aware. The CM/media aren't the font of knowledge or objective reporting IMO. The only thing they have over us are resources and a press badge. Situations like this are their "fodder".

If GBC didn't harm Allison, then possibly someone he was entangled with did, and he knows it and who. That may explain his guilty looking behaviours.

Hoping all will be explained in the not too distant future.

I don't think we missed it. It has been stated in previous threads and linked to media articles, that the girls were on sleepover. I am not sure why there was continued speculation. I thought whowe had established that some time back.. Or maybe its just MOO that we had established it. I thought we had- in my mind we had.

You're right we had established it; I think someone else asked who missed that discussion, might have been a relatively newbie or someone not around much.

Yes - very aware. The CM/media aren't the font of knowledge or objective reporting IMO. The only thing they have over us are resources and a press badge. Situations like this are their "fodder".

If GBC didn't harm Allison, then possibly someone he was entangled with did, and he knows it and who. That may explain his guilty looking behaviours.

Hoping all will be explained in the not too distant future.

Yes quite possible. I had all these scenarios in my head last night as I went to sleep and now I've lost my thoughts. But there could be that possibility of guilt by association.

Regarding the term "domestic violence"... Experts have been trying to avoid/change that term for some time, rather it be called "family violence". The word domestic...is somewhat minimalising. Like someone swung a damp mop or aluminium frying pan...

Police have received toxicology reports which could reveal the cause of death of murdered Brookfield mother-of-three Allison Baden-Clay.

In a brief statement last night, police confirmed that results from the John Tonge Centre had been handed to police investigators, but would make no further comment.

"The results are a matter for the investigation and it would not be appropriate to disclose them while police inquiries are ongoing," the statement said.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...d-to-police-20120529-1zh4q.html#ixzz1wJSJ6iYk

Fair enough I say.....

Police have received toxicology reports which could reveal the cause of death of murdered Brookfield mother-of-three Allison Baden-Clay.

In a brief statement last night, police confirmed that results from the John Tonge Centre had been handed to police investigators, but would make no further comment.

"The results are a matter for the investigation and it would not be appropriate to disclose them while police inquiries are ongoing," the statement said.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...d-to-police-20120529-1zh4q.html#ixzz1wJSJ6iYk

Fair enough I say.....

At the end of the day, thats what is the most important hey, the investigation and hopefully subsequent arrest and conviction.. As much as the public might be interested.

Exactly, it does not mean the police do not know.

That's how I read it too, meaning that it's just we/the public who don't know COD.

I think the police have known for weeks. Soon after Allison was found, it was reported that police knew she was murdered before she was dumped at Kholo Creek bridge. They said they'd been treating it as a homicide investigation for some time before her body was found.

Sorry don't have the links :blushing:, but they must have had a fair idea what they were dealing with if they said it was a homicide investigation. They don't throw those words around willy nilly surely?

IMO

http://www.qt.com.au/story/2012/05/04/happy-and-successful-a-portrait-of-allison/

Peeps, ducking in here between rounds of lightning & thunderstorms & wireless outages to say please please post MSM links to the ideas you are posting. Even if you consider these ideas to be "common knowledge," remember that newer members may not have read every post of every thread yet--and that once upon a time we were each of us "newer members."

That's how I read it too, meaning that it's just we/the public who don't know COD.

I think the police have known for weeks. Soon after Allison was found, it was reported that police knew she was murdered before she was dumped at Kholo Creek bridge. They said they'd been treating it as a homicide investigation for some time before her body was found.

Sorry don't have the links :blushing:, but they must have had a fair idea what they were dealing with if they said it was a homicide investigation. They don't throw those words around willy nilly surely?

IMO

Yep. Police are very cautious on how they word things and what they say in cases like this. They know alot more than they let on. They need to prove it though of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee