Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally registered here, but have been reading all posts since day dot.

Like many of you, I'm totally obsessed with this case, as sad, awful and morbid as it is. It's usually the first thing I think about when I wake up, and the last thing I think of as I go to sleep. We won't go into the dreams...not allowed here, which is a fair call.

I have some thoughts/ideas I'd like to share, so many actually I'm not quite sure where to start, so I'll just say hello first.

This morning I scrawled down a couple of pages of notes for the first time, thinking that seeing it on paper might help give some clarity and order, but looking at it, I think I'm even more confused!

Anyway, I'm glad I've signed up, and I hope I'm able to contribute something. I enjoy reading all your posts...well almost all lol

RIP Allison

Welcome aboard.

We are waiting, waiting, waiting, for the inevitable.:jail::waiting:

I've been wondering if/how much of GBC's actions/non actions since Allison was discovered are being dictated to him by his lawyer.

e.g. Mr & Mrs Dickie visited the location that Allison was found yet GBC didn't go within cooee. Was that his choice or legal advice? I realise that he would've been comforting (getting comforted) by his children after confirmation of their mother's death but he didn't feel the need to visit the scene at some later opportunity? As difficult as it would be, I would have to go there.

Too grief-stricken or too scared perhaps. He doesn't look either IMO.

we don't know he hasn't visited the site - only that the media either weren't there, didn't photograph and/or hasnt reported it. I concur the last two are unlikely, but we need to remain aware that at all times we are at the mercy of the media organisations.

This is how Bernie Madoff started. He had to supply his own smoke and mirrors, of course. But give a certain type a phone and fancy address...and it's magic time.

isn't he in gaol?

Mark Zuckerberg started in a dorm room!
But then again, he hadn't downgraded his office from 350m2 to 9m2 and lost all his staff and inventory! Oh, could be wrong but I'm not sure he was a POI in a murder case either....

Hello.

Can anyone explain to me the psychology or other reasons behind not releasing the results of toxicology? Whether or not the guilty person used any exogenous substance in the process of killing Allison, he or she obviously knows that. What is the problem with the rest of us knowing whether there are substances involved? A fact is a fact. I can't see how releasing this information would hinder the investigation or a potential prosecution. Help, anyone?

i don't know why they would not release it - unless really there is nothing newsworthy to release. Toxicology I would imagine, would tell us if Allison had of had an asprin that day or any other medication, what she had eaten and drunk, when her last meal was etc. Really not riveting reading and not of any importance to the public. It may also give some idea of cause of death - blood gases etc but I am really guessing here.

I think like many things in this case, as so many people believe that GBC is the culprit, the police are keeping it close to their chests. If there was not such an interest in the case, there may have a paragraph about the tests coming back but nothing more.

I think the interest is going to be ongoing until either the police release some information re why the event escalated so quickly from a missing person investigation and/or dismiss the BC's as suspects or they arrest someone

Hi everyone!

I've been avidly reading since the early threads and forgot I actually had a log in for this website until I tried to create one.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but has anyone seen the clue in the obituary?

Allison (Dickie) BADEN-CLAY

BADEN-CLAY, Allison (nee Dickie)
Tragically taken in April, 2012
Aged 43 years.
Wife of Gerard. Loving Mother of Hannah, Sarah and Eleanora. Precious Daughter of Geoff and Priscilla. Much loved Sister and Sister-in-law of Vanessa and Bradley, Ashley and Lisa. Dear Granddaughter, Daughter-in-law, Sister-in-law and special Aunt, Niece and Cousin. Family and Friends are warmly invited to honour Allison, in St Paul's Anglican Church, Ipswich, Friday, 11th May, at 11.00a.m.

In lieu of flowers please donate to the Late Allison Baden-Clay Children Appeal (Sanction No. CP5609)
Forever In Our Hearts
John McKeon's
First Forest Funerals
Ipswich Ph: 32814329

Link: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/qt...on-baden-clay-dickie&pid=157508891&fhid=12395

Does anyone have any idea why it was reported weeks ago that an arrest was imminent and yet nothing has happened? Do you think they've received more info that has changed things?
If this has been discussed sorry, I'm not on here as much now, I've been waiting on more info and just read pages here and there, it's still moving away too fast to keep up :D

Thanks for the welcome Keentoknow

The wait for an arrest does feel so frustrating, but I guess in the scheme of things, 5 weeks isn't that long, especially if there is more than one person involved in this killing and/or cover-up.

I tend to think there is more than one involved.

IMO

Hi everyone!

I've been avidly reading since the early threads and forgot I actually had a log in for this website until I tried to create one.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but has anyone seen the clue in the obituary?

Aged 43 years.
Wife of Gerard. Loving Mother of Hannah, Sarah and Eleanora. Precious Daughter of Geoff and Priscilla. Much loved Sister and Sister-in-law of Vanessa and Bradley, Ashley and Lisa. Dear Granddaughter, Daughter-in-law, Sister-in-law and special Aunt, Niece and Cousin. Family and Friends are warmly invited to honour Allison, in St Paul's Anglican Church, Ipswich, Friday, 11th May, at 11.00a.m.

In lieu of flowers please donate to the Late Allison Baden-Clay Children Appeal (Sanction No. CP5609)
Forever In Our Hearts
John McKeon's
First Forest Funerals

Link: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/qt...on-baden-clay-dickie&pid=157508891&fhid=12395

It is very obvious, isnt it.

Hi everyone!

Aged 43 years.

Forever In Our Hearts
John McKeon's
First Forest Funerals

i think we discussed that at the time Lou. Would be a bit hypocritical to but much loved wife in the light of what was happening (the infidelity).
We don't know what the Dickies knew about what was happening in the marriage between Gerard and Allison.

If, as has been reported, there was a history of infidelity and trouble in the marriage, it would be very hard to cover it up in the a funeral notice resulting from these circumstances. Even though the Dickies have said Allison kept a lot of things to herself, it would almost be impossible to hide marriage tensions from your close family I believe.

Evene

Hi everyone!

Aged 43 years.

Forever In Our Hearts
John McKeon's
First Forest Funerals

Welcome!! And yes... it stands out like the proverbial dogs b*lls, doesn't it? :)

i think we discussed that at the time Lou. Would be a bit hypocritical to but much loved wife in the light of what was happening (the infidelity).
We don't know what the Dickies knew about what was happening in the marriage between Gerard and Allison.

If, as has been reported, there was a history of infidelity and trouble in the marriage, it would be very hard to cover it up in the a funeral notice resulting from these circumstances. Even though the Dickies have said Allison kept a lot of things to herself, it would almost be impossible to hide marriage tensions from your close family I believe.

Evene

I just read that notice again, what I find interesting is the dear daughter-in-law - perhaps the BC's seniors were on Allison's side in the marriage problems.

Also thought it might be interesting to post a few facts (gleaned from links posted here).

FACTS
Allison was excited to be preparing for the conference, had her hair done
Last seen by hairdresser (unless you count GBC)
Not seen by anyone else until body found
GBC sets the timeframe as around 10pm (I think this is important, it gives an insight into what I think really happened)
Reports her missing at 730am, in his estimate around 9 hours after assumed 'walk'
GCB tells Dickies about the 'walk'
Cars spotted on roundabout
Cars spotted at dump site
Police arrive in the am
GCB has scratches on face

ASSUMPTIONS
My assumptions based on these facts
1. Murder was not pre-meditated
2. Murder caused by GBC feeling a lack of control over ABC- I feel the hair appointment prior is telling in this case
3. ABC murdered in DV incident at home around 10pm
4. GBC calls ?
5. GBC and ? take body to dump site
6. GBC goes home- WERE THE CARS SPOTTED TWICE AT THE ROUNDABOUT? THIS WOULD PROVIDE CRUCIAL TIMING TO DRIVE TO DUMP SITE AND COME BACK
7. Clean up occurs

Spratsmum,

Thanks. Maybe my thinking is incorrect, but I'd have thought that if tox was negative, they would say as much, because that would change nothing. Urrgh, frustrating.

Does anyone have any idea why it was reported weeks ago that an arrest was imminent and yet nothing has happened? Do you think they've received more info that has changed things?
If this has been discussed sorry, I'm not on here as much now, I've been waiting on more info and just read pages here and there, it's still moving away too fast to keep up :D

It is just the way the process goes, it isnt like it is on tv lol.

It would take longer too if looking at more than one person.

Also thought it might be interesting to post a few facts (gleaned from links posted here).

FACTS
Allison was excited to be preparing for the conference, had her hair done
Last seen by hairdresser (unless you count GBC)
Not seen by anyone else until body found
GBC sets the timeframe as around 10pm (I think this is important, it gives an insight into what I think really happened)
Reports her missing at 730am, in his estimate around 9 hours after assumed 'walk'
GCB tells Dickies about the 'walk'
Cars spotted on roundabout
Cars spotted at dump site
Police arrive in the am
GCB has scratches on face

ASSUMPTIONS
My assumptions based on these facts
1. Murder was not pre-meditated
2. Murder caused by GBC feeling a lack of control over ABC- I feel the hair appointment prior is telling in this case
3. ABC murdered in DV incident at home around 10pm
4. GBC calls ?
5. GBC and ? take body to dump site
6. GBC goes home- WERE THE CARS SPOTTED TWICE AT THE ROUNDABOUT? THIS WOULD PROVIDE CRUCIAL TIMING TO DRIVE TO DUMP SITE AND COME BACK
7. Clean up occurs

Hi Lou

could you elaborate your thoughts please on Itm 2 in the Assumptions group?

thank you

Spratsmum,

Thanks. Maybe my thinking is incorrect, but I'd have thought that if tox was negative, they would say as much, because that would change nothing. Urrgh, frustrating.

I believe toxicology/autopsy results would only become public knowledge through and inquest/trial...

Ok peeps. Don't understand how we missed this.
All that speculating and arguing about the sleep over.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/ipad/girls-not-home-as-allison-vanished/story-fn6ck45n-1226355229465

Mrs Baden-Clay's three daughters were on a sleepover the night their mother reportedly went for a walk and didn't return to the family's Brookfield home in Brisbane's west.

The following morning, on April 20, her husband Gerard rang the Dickies and told them their daughter was missing.

I don't think we missed it. It has been stated in previous threads and linked to media articles, that the girls were on sleepover. I am not sure why there was continued speculation. I thought we had established that some time back.. Or maybe its just MOO that we had established it. I thought we had- in my mind we had.

Anyone know anything about some weird stuff (DNA-related) being Googled by the alleged perp in the week prior to ABC's initial "disappearance"? Have heard some stuff, but nothing corroborated.

Hi Radster - yes I did hear a story to that effect at the local (western 'burbs) hairdresser :) I didn't put much stock in it - surely no one would be so silly, one would know that one's computer hard drive history would be searched?

I also heard a few other wild theories at the same visit and put it all down to gossip! :)

Hello.

Can anyone explain to me the psychology or other reasons behind not releasing the results of toxicology? Whether or not the guilty person used any exogenous substance in the process of killing Allison, he or she obviously knows that. What is the problem with the rest of us knowing whether there are substances involved? A fact is a fact. I can't see how releasing this information would hinder the investigation or a potential prosecution. Help, anyone?

Clara, I think the Police will be doing whatever they are in terms of releasing info or not for specific reasons. This is still an ongoing investingation until they have made and arrest. Police don't willy nilly let out all their info on a case until they have an arrest. This can be due to not letting out to the killer what they know, not wanting to tip them off. Not wanting to jeopardise the case in any way shape or form. At the end of the day what matters most is that they get whoever did this, but that they have a watertight case to make sure that person or persons do not get off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shachio8485