Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been skipping through a lot of the last few threads trying to keep up (darned work lol) so I hope to have an understanding of where you are all at.

Re: giving a GBC giving a statement and being interviewed, even in the media. If I were him, I'd be staying mum too! Especially in light of how OW's words to the media, and his brief few words when hijacked, have been picked apart, analysed and misconstrued. A sensible move on his part (IMO), guilty or not. As has been said, anything he said would be the wrong thing. Not saying he was or wasn't involved.

picked apart and analysed yes....which is obvious when your a central figure in a murder investigation, but I'm curious......which words were misconstrued?

Mum73 - Yes to get to NBC house from ABC's house you would need to use the roundabout. There is a very long way around using Rafting Ground Road and Brookfield Rd but this is about twice as long as going through the rohttps://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=durness+street+kenmore&ie=UTF-8&ei=eLzFT7vEJ-atiQfenuHnAg&oi=mode_link&cd=3&ved=0CD8Q_AUoAgundabout at Kenmore Village.

Liadan - you dont need to use the roundabout - I am a local and use a short cut and dont go along rafting ground road or moggill road at all.

If this is the case, I find it extremely odd that the roundabout was used at all. You would think that BC senior would just take the shortcut?? As I understand it, the roundabout was not the direct route to Kholo either; so considering locals would be aware of the cameras at the roundabout, you would think it would be avoided at all costs (rather than going out of their way to use it).
Would TM have used the roundabout to travel to GBC's house?

yes... from the direction she was coming from.. as far as I know there isnt a shortcut. IMO many locals werent aware of the cameras at the roundabout until recently.

It's been quite a while since we have heard anything from his lawyer. I wonder if they will make a statement on GBC's behalf regarding the final toxicology results? Or, have the lawyers gone quiet because the bill has not been paid? All just my speculation.

ha ha..I think that is one invoice that would be up to date somehow! They may well be starting to get the 'timer' at the ready. And make no mistake that is exactly what it is...a stopwatch..
I would suspect they wouldn't have taken this on for any less than $10,000 being deposited into their trust account (from which they draw on according to monthly invoices)
Based on work done so far, My guess is that there would still be $5-7,000 still in the biscuit tin....or about 10-12 hours worth of work..excl barrister fees.
had better get to the ATM kiddo....

yes... from the direction she was coming from.. as far as I know there isnt a shortcut. IMO many locals werent aware of the cameras at the roundabout until recently.

OK wow thanks- a shortcut - I am local too and did not even know there were traffic cameras at Kenmore Village so there goes my great estimation of my navigation skills. (So which way is the shortcut just in case I am ever needing to from Brookfield to Misty Morn?)

Hi mayday, we used to sometimes use the roundabout to get from Brookfield to a friends house near where Nigelaine live.

The other route is a little windey but you come out at Aronia street and you can turn into Brookfield road.( Aronia street is the second street down from NAB, past Princeton Court buidling, if you are heading down from the Kenmore roundabout )

Liadan - you dont need to use the roundabout - I am a local and use a short cut and dont go along rafting ground road or moggill road at all.

I wasn't aware of exactly where GBC senior lived, but now that I have looked at it on whereis.com, the roundabout does appear to be the most direct path. Which way do you go?

Sorry, just saw your above post.

OK wow thanks- a shortcut - I am local too and did not even know there were traffic cameras at Kenmore Village so there goes my great estimation of my navigation skills. (So which way is the shortcut just in case I am ever needing to from Brookfield to Misty Morn?)

Aberfeldy street, Rothesay and then Aronia - a little windey but a quick back way especially when traffic on Moggill.

Hey Mayday and Mum73 thanks - My thanks button doesn't seem to work ATM and I am being logged off randomly!

Some thoughts as to why the police responded so quickly ... perhaps... IMO GBC didnt phone the police at all but Mrs Dickie had been calling ABC on Thursday night and had not been able to reach her. By morning when they called again and still didnt reach her ... maybe they called GBC and GBC responded that she had gone for a walk but hadnt returned... then... given the info Mrs Dickie had... she alerted the police and voiced her concerns... which was why QPS arrived immediately.
that's an interesting thought that maybe it was the Dickies who called police.
A few of us don't believe GBC called the police, I thought neighbours who heard something during night, but pondered on it overnight.
Can anyone think of anyone else who could have called the police or any reason the police might have arrived without even being called?

A few of us don't believe GBC called the police, I thought neighbours who heard something during night, but pondered on it overnight.
Can anyone think of anyone else who could have called the police or any reason the police might have arrived without even being called?

It's a hard one. So little has been released, and what has is sometimes contradicted in different reports. I just went along with GBC calling them, because that is what I first heard. But who knows? Maybe it wasn't him. That's something we might not find out for a while. As someone mentioned, he may have thought he had more time on Friday to makes his plans... but ended up having to make something up a lot faster.
In one reprt it says that GBC reported her missing, but I guess that doesn't have to mean he is the one who called first. The police could've turned up to see if all was ok, and he's had to say she was missing.

Yes maybe this act by the Dickies stuffed all of Gerards ideas in that no one would notice Allison missing for most of Friday and he would be long away from the house and at work when things started heating up and because we have no knowledge about what went down

GBC could say 1) that he had gone to work earlier than Allison so had no clue Allison was missing for the whole of Friday!

or GBC could say 2) the last time I saw her she was watching TV and I had stayed at my parents place with the girls (if in fact they were estranged)

But it worked out that GBC got caught out by the quick acting of friends, family and neighbours who had a bit of an idea about what ABC went through on a daily basis.

MOO MOO MOO MOO

What do you think the chances would be that someone else who lives around there {or who saw them out and about that night who knows of them} may have seen something that they thought was a bit too odd to let slip by... so they call the police saying "Look, it might not mean much, but I saw..."

The thing that had me wondering earlier is this: If the neighbours called because they heards an argument (say around midnight or 2 am} why would the police only turn up at 7.30pm?

WHAT THE?? Channel 10 has just said police said the tox reports gave them no clue??? ... and they have interviewed the hairdressers ??

Sorry to interrupt the conversation here

It just came on the news that the toxicology results have given no clues to the police

Channel 10 news...hairdresser at Kenmore had been spoken to three times about Allison....they were told Allison seemed happy & spoke about what she was doing the next day.

Sorry to interrupt the conversation here

It just came on the news that the toxicology results have given no clues to the police

I'm so glad someone else heard that, I thought I must be hearing things.

Channel 10 news...hairdresser at Kenmore had been spoken to three times about Allison....they were told Allison seemed happy & spoke about what she was doing the next day.

I hope this isn't bad news?? :(

I'm so glad someone else heard that, I thought I must be hearing things.

I did hear it and sorry that i put it on too i must have been typing at the same time you was. And now any idea as to what might happen next??

couldn't open the link (thanks Barram) I asked about before, regarding any info on the police's first notification..

I do vaguely remember someone saying the girls may have stopped off at the house before school. Would there be a possibility of one of the girls calling for help if things in the house didn't look right? Maybe it's something Allison discussed with her daughters at some point. If life behind closed doors wasn't peachy, the girls would be very aware. wish i would've kept better notes from day 1... who would've thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!