Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That indicates the majority (2/3) believe he did do it.

good maths cc. only joking. i actually thought it would be more. thought i saw some other poll that was 83%.Cant remember where !! Has anyone seen any other polls

Minni
so I have a hypothetical question for you CC and everyone.

'IF GBC is innocent, who does he thinking did this?"

who do you all think did this if GBC didn't?[/QUOTE]

Great question! I am interested to hear who else it could possibly be too?

good maths cc. only joking. i actually thought it would be more. thought i saw some other poll that was 83%.Cant remember where !! Has anyone seen any other polls

Yes, I saw that 83% somewhere too. I believe, as time goes by and no arrest has been made, some people are now of the opinion that he may be innocent because the police have not charged him with anything yet. This shift has happened in this forum also. IMO.

I have been looking and looking for that poster who IMO seemed credible on thread 1 or 2 but no luck? I checked all mavericks?

This was all I could find on the early rumours.

QUOTE:

05.02 2012, 07:39 AM
Maverick.au
Registered User Join Date: May 2012

"He sent a number of SMS messages that are of interest late on Thursday evening.

There was something found in the rear of one of their 4WDs.

After the crash he was admitted to the psych ward by the police overnight.

They had been attending counselling since the affair ended last year and part of this was they had to discuss events with each other each night.

He did have a scratch which he had an explanation for.

On the Friday morning he told the children something very strange about the location of the mother.

Sorry for the vagueness but I don't want to go into too much detail on an open forum.

The case against him is still very circumstantial and they need more before they can charge him."

Minni

who do you all think did this if GBC didn't?

Great question! I am interested to hear who else it could possibly be too?[/QUOTE]

-----

I responded further up the page.

Two things I want to comment on.

The 6 languages, wasn't she in charge of HR for Flight Centre International? Therefore this would not be abnormal for someone in such a position to know 6 languages. IMO

And the children, QPS probably have their hands tied here, unless they can prove that the children are at risk of harm then they couldn't remove them. Even children that have been abused or harmed don't always get removed from homes, sadly :( if they can't prove him guilty and arrest him, then I doubt that they can prove that the children are in danger. IMO of course.

Absolutely correct. As you say, the requirements are stringent for removing children and in his case they would have to prove the children are in danger. This would probably be quite difficult.

i saw a poll on aussiecrimes and 36% dont think it was him. maybe we should ask them lol

I'm sure when I first looked at their poll it was over 80 % who thought GBC guilty.
I wouldn't read too much into the numbers going down, it appears one can vote as often as one likes, I also note that you can give posts a thumbs up or down, until a few days ago very few got thumbs down, but there suddenly seems to be a suspicious influx of GBC supporters.
As they say on internet polls "vote early and often"

Without revealing any names (sorry), some time ago there was a rumour circulating about another alleged mistress (younger and blonde). On another site, some names were mentioned and at that point in time, I did look those names up on FB and amongst GBC's FB friends. One was his FB friend and also had an FB profile. Well, no more listings for her on FB nor amongst GBC's FB friends!

Hi CC,

Last name R? Cause she is sill there I just checked.

Motive is required for murder and I don't see TM having motive. She was in an affair and by the sounds of it was reasonable good to her in monetoary terms - it gave her an advantage to get first dibs on selling a few properties and she having a bit of fun on the side that she didn't probably have to spend much money on. She lived in St Lucia which is not a cheap location for a single mum so methinks she was doing quite well on real estate salary (at one time anyway). She was well respected by the BCs and even included in the family gatherings tho Allison seemed to be on the outer. The two of them were not shy together and were blatantly out there showing off their relationship. There was no secrecy!! So what needed to change for TM? I think at this stage of her life she was sitting pretty. She was definitely taking advantage of her situation. I don't think she would be worried about knocking off a wife! She had a great position of power in that family.

Just thought I'd post these photos again...they give a good view of the bridge & surrounds...many thanks to dork whisperer for posting them.

Looking at these pics it's quite possible for he/they to have parked the car on the side, carried the body & placed it under the bridge....perhaps that "raging torrent",( mentioned by a local), only managed to push the body higher up the bank....although police seemed to be concentrating their search up around scout camp. Whichever it was I'd say police well & truly know by now....in my opinion.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #12

Thanks marlywings & dork_whisperer.

I was just having another look at google streetview of the general area myself, including Wirrabara Rd.

I had previously thought it probable for ABC's body to be dumped in Little Ugly Creek off Wirrabara Rd since several sleuthers had surmised it unlikely her body was thrown off the bridge due to its location UNDER the bridge. But I couldn't see anything in the aerial news footage that would confirm her body was right underneath the bridge.

Instead I do recall seeing a media photo showing a member of police or ses dressed in a bright orange jumpsuit taking photos with a long lens standing next to the Kholo bridge railing. I've looked and looked but can't find the link - can anyone help?

The photographer had the camera pointing directly downward and next to the bridge railing. I'm wildly assuming this is because the point of interest is lying directly below the bridge railing.

If the point of interest (I'm assuming ABC's body) was instead UNDERNEATH the bridge, wouldn't the photographer be reaching out with the camera or lying on the road with camera under the railing and angled such that they could get a shot of the ground underneath the bridge?

I'm just suggesting that ABC's body could well be lying directly below the bridge railing, consistent with it being dumped there from the bridge. Also, rolling a body from the bridge road would be a relatively easy task of rolling it up and over the concrete kerb and underneath the first railing which is about 50cm above the kerb. No need to lift it over the railings at all.

Two vehicles may have been used as an oops-I've-broken-down-but-have-friend-to-help decoy, if body dumpers were caught stopped on/near the bridge.

Tyamolum Scout Park still seems a remote choice to me, since there are homes directly opposite the locked entrance gate.

The above is purely speculation and MOO.

Great question! I am interested to hear who else it could possibly be too?

-----

I responded further up the page.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Big K was my original thought to help with cover up. Now I am trying to keep an open mind. But, like a lot of others IMO Gerard is not looking innocent.

They say it was someone known to Allison. If so many people were pointing the finger at me, and i was innocent, yet knew who was responsible, there are very few people i would be willing to protect with such silence and earnest.

They would be my kids, (my partner) and my parents. We will assume it's not the girls, & Allison was hardly protected. That leaves two people I love,and would not want to betray. My parents. Maybe that is why he is being so quiet. He may have only been an accessory, (and therfore not a POI) I recall his dad accompanying him to the Police station at a point early on. Do we know if maybe the bigbananawana was questioned at this time? His house and shed were searched..Is there a link that states who was being questioned? would they announce if they did have any other poi"s?

sorry if this doesn't make sense... bad day here.. and don't like having a murderer out there.

..and while I'm here, can i come to the party too? It will be a day to celebrate, & I've already found which "smiles" i will use....
all MOO

it did look like genuine grief, or remorse or something real not bunged on I thought also...

but what I was trying to say before was that, maybe he told the police he was suspicious of his mistress in the disappearance of his wife because he actually thinks his mistress has done this? I know its far fetched

Sorry I just can't think of anyone else who would consider killing Allison, it wasn't like a randon knife attack or robbery.
IMO I have to put GBC as my #1, #2,#3 , #4 etc suspect. I don't see a mistress risking all to do it, huge jump between having an affair or getting him and all his baggage for the rest of your life.
He really wasn't that great a catch.
Much as I love my children I don't think I'd help them get rid of a partner they had killed either.
All IMO

it did look like genuine grief, or remorse or something real not bunged on I thought also...

but what I was trying to say before was that, maybe he told the police he was suspicious of his mistress in the disappearance of his wife because he actually thinks his mistress has done this? I know its far fetched

If it was me. Innocent.

First thing I would have done would be to give the police a Formal Statement quicker than they could get their pen out. They would needed shorthand to keep up.

I would plead for the media attention to help find the perp. I would at least be able to account for my actions for the last 24 hours with grace.

Motive is required for murder and I don't see TM having motive. She was in an affair and by the sounds of it was reasonable good to her in monetoary terms - it gave her an advantage to get first dibs on selling a few properties and she having a bit of fun on the side that she didn't probably have to spend much money on. She lived in St Lucia which is not a cheap location for a single mum so methinks she was doing quite well on real estate salary (at one time anyway). She was well respected by the BCs and even included in the family gatherings tho Allison seemed to be on the outer. The two of them were not shy together and were blatantly out there showing off their relationship. There was no secrecy!! So what needed to change for TM? I think at this stage of her life she was sitting pretty. She was definitely taking advantage of her situation. I don't think she would be worried about knocking off a wife! She had a great position of power in that family.

thanks Liadan that is a great summary and makes a of lot of sense. I am looking at this from the angle that she was deeply in love with him and wanted more. If she asked him to divorce his wife and he said no, would that be enough for a woman to want the wife gone forever? and enough for a certain type of woman to act on it? I am absolutely not inferring TM to be any sort of woman as I have no idea what type of person she is, Im only putting a scenario out there.

And so, while Im doing that, Im going to be really really brave and really really presumptuous and 'out there' with this thought.....

how close do you think she may have been with EBC? or NBC? just a question of course? do you see them sitting around the kitchen with a wine after a family bbq 'wishing' she was the one married to GBC, and making snide and nasty comments about Allison? could TM have had that type of relationship with the seniors?

It does appear that TM was more than just an affair to GBC, and is the reason I am looking at this theory. Its not that I believe it, its that it does seem a possibility if you eliminate GBC from the suspect list. Not trying to upset the apple cart

Does anyone have an active link to the body under the bridge (I missed it before it was snipped) but I think that throwing over the bridge is not the MO of a intimate homicide. Dork whisperers' photos convince me that the perpertrators were looking for the cover of dense bush. Yes more than - how does one person drag a body thru metre high grass? I think they wanted the body hidden for it to take a long time to be found. The more skeletal the remains the less likely anyone is convicted of a crime. The fact that it is scout property cannot be overlooked - the perpertrators would need to be thinking of a remote, accessible location, close to home with no public presence to dump the body. Given the constant and nauseating references to the Baden Powell heritage - this scout camp where ABC was dumped would have been the first place marriage enhancement faciliatator (NBC) would have thought of. Two cars because NBC would have said - don't tell me what you need to dump I will just help you get rid of it- meet me out there.

If it was me. Innocent.

First thing I would have done would be to give the police a Formal Statement quicker than they could get their pen out. They would needed shorthand to keep up.

I would plead for the media attention to help find the perp. I would at least be able to account for my actions for the last 24 hours with grace.

haha yes....very good point he looks guilty as F&^K!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fales922