Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's belittling to mention someone is depressed. All sorts of people are depressed, i don't think there's a need to cloak it in shame.... My opinion.

Sorry if I was unclear about what I meant. What I was trying to say is that it is quite common for perps to put down or belittle their victim. And no, I'm not saying that OW killed Allison. IMO, the constant reference to Allison being depressed or suffering from clinical depression (whatever the case may be), is a put down and a way to indicate that she may have run off or tried to commit suicide when the police had already stated that her disappearance was being treated as a homicide.

Yes, I agree, all sorts of people are depressed or suffer from clinical depression, which is horrendous. I know because I've been there.

is there any evidence that gerard was violent to his wife? that's a horrible thing to level at a bloke if not, imho.

Nobody said he definately was... but locals seemed to have a good idea of something.

Also, cheating isn't a good thing to 'level' at your missus either. Wonder if he thought of that??:waitasec:

And no, I'm not saying that OW killed Allison. IMO, the constant reference to Allison being depressed or suffering from clinical depression (whatever the case may be), is a put down and a way to indicate that she may have run off or tried to commit suicide when the police had already stated that her disappearance was being treated as a homicide
Getting a bit muddled here....

I'm not sure what you mean by the constant reference to Allison being depressed in that (as I see it), it's usually the same quote used again and again by the media.... or if OW (and others) are constantly making new statements that Allison was depressed.

Getting a bit muddled here....

I'm not sure what you mean by the constant reference to Allison being depressed in that (as I see it), it's usually the same quote used again and again by the media.... or if OW (and others) are constantly making new statements that Allison was depressed.

BBM.

Constantly used over and over again.

:moo:
Sorry if I was unclear about what I meant. What I was trying to say is that it is quite common for perps to put down or belittle their victim. And no, I'm not saying that OW killed Allison. IMO, the constant reference to Allison being depressed or suffering from clinical depression (whatever the case may be), is a put down and a way to indicate that she may have run off or tried to commit suicide when the police had already stated that her disappearance was being treated as a homicide.

Yes, I agree, all sorts of people are depressed or suffer from clinical depression, which is horrendous. I know because I've been there.

I thought the reference to her being depressed came before it was a known homicide investigation rather than a missing person? I didn't notice a constant reference to depression.

Because poster 543 is now inactive can we talk about them?
I seriously just got the creeps again reading their posts.
Some far out and aggressive posts from that one.
I remember pointing out what a coincidence how mathematically close his initials were to family.
5-E 4-D 3-C (Ok maybe I am the creepy one) LOL

I'm sorry, but whose initials are you referring to? I don't get it?

Mum73: No rain as I can recall on Thurs 19/4 pm or Fri 20/4 am. It was however quite cold - too cold for the type of clothing Allison was supposed to have been wearing for 10pm or 6am walks.

For what it is worth neither myself nor anybody I have spoken to who knows GBC have ever heard mention or seen any evidence of him harming Allison in any way. That is why all this is such a shock. If he is involved, all I can say is that previously he never seemed capable of such things. Others may report differently but I would only give credit to info from the police or those who have actually seen evidence of him harming her.

As for no public words of support for GBC, it is hardly surprising given that everything being reported seems to point to him. Even many of those claiming his innocence waiver from time to time and probably don't want to publicly align themselves 'just in case'. Reporters have contacted many people for comments with some requests being declined - hardly surprising when words and statements can be portrayed out of context. I have also heard from a reliable source that a local identity has received some very nasty emails as a result of positive comments made about the BC's. Certainly not the kind of attention one seeks.

Many, myself included, prefer to stay as impartial as possible but watch for every new clue to help make a decision. That interview GBC did was a shocker and made him look guilty whether he is or not. I am guessing his lawyers would have been on the phone to him straight away!

Re plates. I would agree with Radster's comments re background. ALLISON and SETTLED were bought later - some promo of 7 letter plates. I only ever saw SETTLED on GBC's Lexus and was not aware that he had changed cars until all this happened. Not really surprised if he has changed the plates on the Prado, probably not that difficult to arrange with Qld Transport - unless that was all done when he got the Captiva.

Re iphone - the only reason I can think the police wanted the phone is fingerprints. Are they looking for a 3rd party's prints to tie in an accomplice or the killer (if not GBC)? ABC's best friend received a text from her on the Thursday night - maybe it didn't sound like ABC texting when reviewed the next day. As they no longer mention the phone I am guessing they could have found it.

My thoughts and opinions only.

I don't think it's belittling to mention someone is depressed. All sorts of people are depressed, i don't think there's a need to cloak it in shame.... My opinion.

I have Post traumatic stress disorder and severe depression. I would much rather be a happy person all the time but it's just impossible.

:moo:

I thought the reference to her being depressed came before it was a known homicide investigation rather than a missing person? I didn't notice a constant reference to depression.

On Friday 20 April the BC house was declared a crime scene with Homicide Detectives in attendence. Why so? Homicide just don't rock up for no reason IMO. The reference to depression was made after this date. IMO.

You may not have noticed the constant reference to depression but I have. So why the nitpicking? If you want to continue this conversation talk to me privately.

Mum73: No rain as I can recall on Thurs 19/4 pm or Fri 20/4 am. It was however quite cold - too cold for the type of clothing Allison was supposed to have been wearing for 10pm or 6am walks.

For what it is worth neither myself nor anybody I have spoken to who knows GBC have ever heard mention or seen any evidence of him harming Allison in any way. That is why all this is such a shock. If he is involved, all I can say is that previously he never seemed capable of such things. Others may report differently but I would only give credit to info from the police or those who have actually seen evidence of him harming her.

As for no public words of support for GBC, it is hardly surprising given that everything being reported seems to point to him. Even many of those claiming his innocence waiver from time to time and probably don't want to publicly align themselves 'just in case'. Reporters have contacted many people for comments with some requests being declined - hardly surprising when words and statements can be portrayed out of context. I have also heard from a reliable source that a local identity has received some very nasty emails as a result of positive comments made about the BC's. Certainly not the kind of attention one seeks.

Many, myself included, prefer to stay as impartial as possible but watch for every new clue to help make a decision. That interview GBC did was a shocker and made him look guilty whether he is or not. I am guessing his lawyers would have been on the phone to him straight away!

Re plates. I would agree with Radster's comments re background. ALLISON and SETTLED were bought later - some promo of 7 letter plates. I only ever saw SETTLED on GBC's Lexus and was not aware that he had changed cars until all this happened. Not really surprised if he has changed the plates on the Prado, probably not that difficult to arrange with Qld Transport - unless that was all done when he got the Captiva.

Re iphone - the only reason I can think the police wanted the phone is fingerprints. Are they looking for a 3rd party's prints to tie in an accomplice or the killer (if not GBC)? ABC's best friend received a text from her on the Thursday night - maybe it didn't sound like ABC texting when reviewed the next day. As they no longer mention the phone I am guessing they could have found it.

Thanks, very well said.

Excellent post. Thank you.

On Friday 20 April the BC house was declared a crime scene with Homicide Detectives in attendence. Why so? Homicide just don't rock up for no reason IMO. The reference to depression was made after this date. IMO.

You may not have noticed the constant reference to depression but I have. So why the nitpicking? If you want to continue this conversation talk to me privately.

I noticed the ref to depression at the start and said to my daughter that I bet they are trying to suggest that she had harmed herself.

I also said I bet he is cheating and with renting and being an agent I bet he has money troubles and or gambling probs.

I sometimes get a horrible gut feeling that the police have absolutely nothing in this case. I did some searching on different stages of decomposition (sorry if I offend anyone) last night. By day ten the degree of decomposition would have been well advanced and after all the rain and the turbulence of the creek (if the body was washed downstream) I can't imagine there would have been much chance of finding any concrete evidence to link anyone to her murder.By this stage the skin would have come away from her hands (called gloving) and her fingernails would be disconnected. DNA from under her fingernails would have been non existent IMO. If you can't link someone to the body what is left ?
Affair/s, previous DV, strange behavior certainly draw suspicion but I think the time lapse between death and finding dear Allison are going to make it almost impossible to conclude beyond a reasonable doubt IMO. Anyone else have this fear?:banghead:

:yourock:

Hi Keyboredom - can you remember in earlier stories from the MSM regarding the phone, if the phone they were reporting on was actually Allison's? What if the missing phone is actually GBC's; his private one not his work one and Allison found something on the phone that caused an argument or she has stormed out with the phone?

Hey Mani

Sorry all I can remember from phone time was they narrowed down Allison's phone to have been within 150m of her home before they last had a signal, rather than in the middle of the original hot zone. I always assumed that info came from the phone carrier but I don't believe that was ever clearly stated. The police have stopped appealing for people to search for it - like others on here I just hope that means it has been found, and giving whatever additional evidence would be useful.

Thank you for your insights. Very good post. I have tried to stay impartial and look at the facts. Its quite clear many seem to point to what alot believe. BUt as been said, there is so much we don't know. Its good to hear some of your local inputs.

I wasn't nitpicking? Not sure why you would even think I am. I was simply offering a different perspective by pointing out that personally, I didn't notice a constant reference to it.

The references I did hear, I didn't consider to be a put down in any way but rather just another piece of information- relevant or not.

I noticed the ref to depression at the start and said to my daughter that I bet they are trying to suggest that she had harmed herself.

I also said I bet he is cheating and with renting and being an agent I bet he has money troubles and or gambling probs.

Me too!

And then I saw the interview with GBC and the heckles came up and the bullship radar went off totally!

Bolded By Me. It's used when you bold text in a previous message to bring attention to it and to also let the reader of your message know that you were the one who bolded the text, not the original poster.

Thanks Makara. I still don't have a consistent Thanks button.

Hey Mani

Sorry all I can remember from phone time was they narrowed down Allison's phone to have been within 150m of her home before they last had a signal, rather than in the middle of the original hot zone. I always assumed that info came from the phone carrier but I don't believe that was ever clearly stated. The police have stopped appealing for people to search for it - like others on here I just hope that means it has been found, and giving whatever additional evidence would be useful.

I have only ever heard of them searching for Allisons' iphone. And you are right, on the day they found Allisons body, they said they had also narrowed down the search for the phone to within 150m of the GBC. they were told where to search..whatever that meant(?). In regards to whether they ever found it, I have no idea. Last I heard, more than a week after they had found Allison, they were still searching. But I don't know if it was found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme