Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay!!!! Where have you been??? :woohoo:

Thought I'd get out in the fresh air while nothing new was in the press :)

FWIW I did see Nigelaine out at the local shops this past weekend. They were sitting at a coffee shop then walking a dog. He did not look at all like a proud 'Bwana' to me, more like a weak old man with jeans that were too big for him, in cheap running shoes and walking fairly slowly and definitely showing some age. They were both walking some distance apart and didn't seem to be exchanging many pleasantries. He did not strike me as the strong type portrayed in his old bio, presumably his aura has changed a bit since this event happened, or maybe the 'Bwana' was always in his head and in print. They're most likely changed people from all the recent events - let's hope they are relieved when their daughter in law's killer/s is/are finally dragged into a dark cell where they belong.

is there any evidence that gerard was violent to his wife? that's a horrible thing to level at a bloke if not, imho.

Your objection is quite a valid one. I should not refer to his rumored marital disharmony as DV but can definitely state IMO that it is 'Domestic Abuse'. As we all know domestic abuse can be physical or emotional and I think that given his affair/s he has definitely emotionally (domestically) abused her. Any future reference I make regarding this will be DA.:truce:

Just thought I'd have a search for this also.

Someone suggested the other night that number plates could be changed without notifying the dept of transport if both vehicles were registered under the same company name. Just wanted to let you know, I've been ALL over this web site and no where does it say that. If you change plates or rego according to this site, it's like registering another
Vehicle all together. Company vehicle or not. You even have to go as far as providing a road worthy certificate. Just thought I'd put that out there. This also stands for personalized plates.

You also have to do it IN PERSON, you can't just phone up and do it as one poster said.

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Registration/Number-plates.aspx

Thought I'd get out in the fresh air while nothing new was in the press :)

FWIW I did see Nigelaine out at the local shops this past weekend. They were sitting at a coffee shop then walking a dog. He did not look at all like a proud 'Bwana' to me, more like a weak old man with jeans that were too big for him, in cheap running shoes and walking fairly slowly and definitely showing some age. They were both walking some distance apart and didn't seem to be exchanging many pleasantries. He did not strike me as the strong type portrayed in his old bio, presumably his aura has changed a bit since this event happened, or maybe the 'Bwana' was always in his head and in print. They're most likely changed people from all the recent events - let's hope they are relieved when their daughter in law's killer/s is/are finally dragged into a dark cell where they belong.

That's interesting. Since I've never , ever seen the man in person... by 'weak old man' do you think he would possibly be too weak to help dispose of a body? I'm only asking because in the pics he always looks very strong.

IMO I think the iPhone is long gone, the police know it, and that's why they never mention it.

He probably at some point buried it in a nice deep hole miles away from the area, or got someone else to do it.

www.couriermail.com.au/news/.../story-e6freoof-1226340594889

FOR Gerard Baden-Clay, honesty has always been the best policy.

In his online blogs, his company profiles and in his capacity as a real estate industry leader, it's a topic he revisits over and over.

"In business, it's simple: never lie," he told The Courier-Mail in 2008.

"For starters, it's the wrong thing to do but secondly you will always get caught out and usually when you least expect it.

"There are just too many people, too many personalities, too many trails ... and too much to lose."

Mr Baden-Clay built his career from the ground up - starting as a junior accountant at KPMG and working his way to the role of principal at Century 21 Westside.

But with Brisbane's real estate market stagnating, there are indications his illustrious career could be going the same way.

It is understood the family had been experiencing financial difficulties, with Century 21 Westside losing some of its staff when it moved from its Kenmore base to Taringa about six months ago.

His company, Settle Westside, took out a $300,000 loan with a former business partner in December 2011.

The business partner now works for a competing real estate agency.

A former business associate said Mr Baden-Clay was "very outgoing and very professional about running his business".

The family rent their four-bedroom, two-bathroom Brookfield home nestled between the leafy suburb's child care centre, general store, showgrounds and pony club.

Mr Baden-Clay describes himself as an action movie enthusiast and a Wilbur Smith fan with a penchant for 80s music.

But he also lists Love Actually, Four Weddings and a Funeral and Bridget Jones' Diary among his favourite films.

"No, you're not imagining things, I really DO enjoy a good chick flick with my beautiful wife!" he wrote.

He is proud of his lineage, referring often to his great-grandfather, Lord Baden Powell, who started the scouting movement.

Gerard, Allison and their children are all life members of the Kandersteg International Scout Centre, an organisation he both volunteered for and spent time as its acting director.

On one website, Mr Baden-Clay describes his passion for the real estate industry: "Honesty, integrity and no surprises ... to provide anything less is to put the client in jeopardy."

His career began in the early 90s, working as an accountant for KPMG and later Designer Work Wear.

From there, he moved on to the tourism industry, landing a job with Flight Centre as a travel consultant in Toombul.

That same year, 26-year-old Allison Dickie, a pretty girl with a dancing background who spoke six languages, was installed as the manager of Flight Centre's Ipswich store.

Three years later, he married her. His career took him to London and Switzerland and, in 2001, back to Brisbane where in 2004 he started Century 21 Westside.

He is heavily involved in his local community, holding a membership with the Brookfield State School Parents' and Citizens' Association and is the president of the Kenmore Chamber of Commerce.

This reads like an advertorial. Who do you have to schmooze (or whatever else) to get this sort of publicity masquerading as "news"?

IMO I think the iPhone is long gone, the police know it, and that's why they never mention it.

He probably at some point buried it in a nice deep hole miles away from the area, or got someone else to do it.
If they haven't got the phone I would think there would be a million places to discard it.I imagine that one of the septic tanks it the area would be a start. I don't think it would be in order to empty them all and I think the sniffer dogs would be hard pressed to find a phone at the bottom of a ST. I am sure several meters of poop would put them (the dogs):waitasec: off track.Sorry if I offend but if the phone was supposed to be near the house that would be my bet.

IVA? Can you elaborate on the abbreviation. I know I have seen the show, I believe, but can't think for the life of me what its called. In any case, if its the show I am thinking of, this case will not be on it for a very long time. I am not sure if its the same show, but the one I am thinking of that I have seen Steve Leibam host has alot of cold case type stuff..and old solved crimes. It would not be on until trial is well and truly over. IF its the same show I am thinking of.

And there are MANY Australians on here who are talking about this case.

The show is called Forensic Investigators
Do a search on you tube and all the episodes come up

Mum73: No rain as I can recall on Thurs 19/4 pm or Fri 20/4 am. It was however quite cold - too cold for the type of clothing Allison was supposed to have been wearing for 10pm or 6am walks.

For what it is worth neither myself nor anybody I have spoken to who knows GBC have ever heard mention or seen any evidence of him harming Allison in any way. That is why all this is such a shock. If he is involved, all I can say is that previously he never seemed capable of such things. Others may report differently but I would only give credit to info from the police or those who have actually seen evidence of him harming her.

As for no public words of support for GBC, it is hardly surprising given that everything being reported seems to point to him. Even many of those claiming his innocence waiver from time to time and probably don't want to publicly align themselves 'just in case'. Reporters have contacted many people for comments with some requests being declined - hardly surprising when words and statements can be portrayed out of context. I have also heard from a reliable source that a local identity has received some very nasty emails as a result of positive comments made about the BC's. Certainly not the kind of attention one seeks.

Many, myself included, prefer to stay as impartial as possible but watch for every new clue to help make a decision. That interview GBC did was a shocker and made him look guilty whether he is or not. I am guessing his lawyers would have been on the phone to him straight away!

Re plates. I would agree with Radster's comments re background. ALLISON and SETTLED were bought later - some promo of 7 letter plates. I only ever saw SETTLED on GBC's Lexus and was not aware that he had changed cars until all this happened. Not really surprised if he has changed the plates on the Prado, probably not that difficult to arrange with Qld Transport - unless that was all done when he got the Captiva.

Re iphone - the only reason I can think the police wanted the phone is fingerprints. Are they looking for a 3rd party's prints to tie in an accomplice or the killer (if not GBC)? ABC's best friend received a text from her on the Thursday night - maybe it didn't sound like ABC texting when reviewed the next day. As they no longer mention the phone I am guessing they could have found it.

My thoughts and opinions only.

good post RS....
I agree, there is a clear distinction between people coming out to bat for GBC but then saying he has no involvement in a murder!
Even if anyone does publicly state what a top bloke he is, it doesn't really mean much does it..whats the point.
Many members of the mafia in New York 1970's were apparently wonderfully charming and generous people and had many law abiding friends and supporters within the community.
Didn't stop them from putting a bullet in someone's head at their night time job though :)

No, you haven't offended, I understand that they searched and didn't find it and the signal was lost?

If that happened, someone got hold of it sneakily? Maybe?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ret-until-arrest/story-e6freuzr-1226381723800

Pretty brazen to move a C21 office into a place not yet authorized by the franchise. I'd say it might even be a breach of contract. But then again I think if he had to move out of the huge premises he couldn't afford, what else was he suppose to do?

Prolly had a cranky landlord chasing him for rent and maybe was at the stage of taking further action against the business - another stressor in my view as an office like that would cost a motza, not to mention the share of outgoings most likely also liable for.

Add to this, the snowball effect of probs with the Lead Franchise owner and the move to a serviced office to maintain and stave off other potential cranky rental property owners suggest to me that he would be in a world of pain on that front alone.

Most likely the reason why his sister has allegedly come down to help with the girls so he can try and sort out/wind up/sell what remains of the rent roll.

Ego must be smarting!

Your objection is quite a valid one. I should not refer to his rumored marital disharmony as DV but can definitely state IMO that it is 'Domestic Abuse'. As we all know domestic abuse can be physical or emotional and I think that given his affair/s he has definitely emotionally (domestically) abused her. Any future reference I make regarding this will be DA.:truce:

Talking about DV, new Laws will come into effect later this week, which will also recognise emotional abuse, financial control, verbal abuse, etc. as "Family Violence" (I think that is the new term it will be known as). GREAT NEWS!!

Just thought I'd have a search for this also.

Someone suggested the other night that number plates could be changed without notifying the dept of transport if both vehicles were registered under the same company name. Just wanted to let you know, I've been ALL over this web site and no where does it say that. If you change plates or rego according to this site, it's like registering another
Vehicle all together. Company vehicle or not. You even have to go as far as providing a road worthy certificate. Just thought I'd put that out there. This also stands for personalized plates.

You also have to do it IN PERSON, you can't just phone up and do it as one poster said.

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Registration/Number-plates.aspx

My interpretation is different. Looking at the PDF application form on the link below it would appear that it can be done easily for a fee. Application done in person with appropriate ID. I have personalised plates myself as do my children and did not require a roadworthy for any as they were all registered vehicles with no change of ownership (of the vehicle) involved.

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Registration/Number-plates/Personalised-plates.aspx

My interpretation is different. Looking at the PDF application form on the link below it would appear that it can be done easily for a fee. Application done in person with appropriate ID. I have personalised plates myself as do my children and did not require a roadworthy for any as they were all registered vehicles with no change of ownership (of the vehicle) involved.

Yes, and if it's a company vehicle, you need some docs from the company also.

Talking about DV, new Laws will come into effect later this week, which will also recognise emotional abuse, financial control, verbal abuse, etc. as "Family Violence" (I think that is the new term it will be known as). GREAT NEWS!![/QUB

Bravo !!!!!!!!:woohoo:

The show is called Forensic Investigators
Do a search on you tube and all the episodes come up

The Foxtel show is called "Crime Investigation Australia" with Steve Liebman

Okay, I see. I thought I'd looked hard enough. It's still not as easy as just changing the plates, which was my point.
You need individual vehicles particulars, ID and you need to submit that form before you do change them.

Talking about DV, new Laws will come into effect later this week, which will also recognise emotional abuse, financial control, verbal abuse, etc. as "Family Violence" (I think that is the new term it will be known as). GREAT NEWS!!

That is great news. Alot of people think DV is just about hitting etc... there is sooo much more to it.

This reads like an advertorial. Who do you have to schmooze (or whatever else) to get this sort of publicity masquerading as "news"?

I saw this article, even at the time, as setting him up for a hypocritical fall.

It paints a picture of a certain type of person I think, who is rather self righteous and proud. And who is also in a bit of financial trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214