Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On my hobby horse again -

I believe that "depression" was put forward as a "non-homicidal" explanation / diversion by those with a vested interested in it not appearing to be a homicide.

I agree with your post 100%. I hope people realise that I've only raised the subject to point out that "someone" appears to have implied that "depression" may have played a role in Allison leaving the house that night. I am by no means suggesting that is true.

It just makes me wonder what else they may have done/said in support of their "story" to imply this was the case.

I think mobile phones and such these days are either a burden or a blessing. In this case hopefully it will turn up. There has been an instance in an American crime where the killer actually phoned the sister of the murder victim and taunted her using the victims phone. But in regards to evidence they can be extremely reliable.

Not really related, but one of my kids 7 year old friend came over with this rather big watch on his wrist. Later in the afternoon when I was getting them a snack, i asked him about it and to my HORROR, he had been recording conversations in our house and taking digital photos. The thing had a USB port and everything and it was a TOY.!
Needless to say I worked out how to delete and banned it from our house.

Inappropriate too, because there are different levels of depression, those who have not experienced severe clinical depression think that being blue for a few days is severe because it's bad to them, but someone with severe clinical depression, just being a bit blue would be a good few days. It's different for everyone and no one knows how Allison was feeling, so they have no right to drag depression into this. Also, it's her privacy. Just so wrong.

Depression was mentioned in the media, it was "dragged" into it from the get go. I'm afraid I really don't understand the aversion to discussing this...and I'm not sure that I understand the relevance of the "different levels of depression..." in the scenario that I put forward.

We talk about privacy for Allison, yet no one pictured within a yard of GBC (...or the entire BC family) have been granted the same level of consideration.

Inappropriate too, because there are different levels of depression, those who have not experienced severe clinical depression think that being blue for a few days is severe because it's bad to them, but someone with severe clinical depression, just being a bit blue would be a good few days. It's different for everyone and no one knows how Allison was feeling, so they have no right to drag depression into this. Also, it's her privacy. Just so wrong.

This is right I agree.

Now we will remember how much the perpetrators Barrister uses HIS/HER (the perp/s) Mental Health excuse at the time of trial/sentencing.

It is a double edged sword in courts always..............

He looked a bit hunched over, walking slowly, looked like someone just recently released from hospital, or depressed and disoriented, IMO. Reminded me of what i think i probably looked like when i was told someone close had died, and tried to function. However I have seen them both maybe 10 days ago, he was moving faster then, looked less beaten down. Certainly in the most recent state I couldn't picture anyone calling on him for physical assistance.

Thankyou for that. :)
I guess his recent change {IF GBC is guilty} could also be due to knowing things are closing in? That would be very stressful I imagine.
It's interesting how seeing someone in person can be so different to seeing pictures, isn't it?

We talk about privacy for Allison, yet no one pictured within a yard of GBC (...or the entire BC family) have been granted the same level of consideration.

Allison can't ever come out and defend herself.

I agree with your post 100%. I hope people realise that I only raised the subject to point out that "someone" appears to have implied that "depression" may have played a role in Allison leaving the house that night. I am by no means suggesting that is true.

It just makes me wonder what else they may have done/said in support of their "story" to imply this was the case.

I wonder if Rumoursquasher or another local can shed any light on Allison's depression. It was suggested earlier on from a poster that Allison's depression was a while ago. I have looked but can't find the post sorry.

I can imagine that scene. Regardless of their level of involvement, this has to have been incredibly draining at a stage of life when things should be a little bit easier.

Whether either were involved or not, their lives have changed for ever, their social circle/connections will be truely tested. I think for them (in their minds)the dust has settled and the horizon is rather sad and gloomy to say the least.
With all the speculation how could trust survive in the relationship/s they have, be they family or friends. Without trust relationships fall away. I think my shoulders would be slouched and my head held low too if I was that close to such a tragedy and had done nothing to show I cared for missing Allison when she was missing and after she was found. Big MOO Here. (wish I had a cow).

Depression was mentioned in the media, it was "dragged" into it from the get go. I'm afraid I really don't understand the aversion to discussing this...and I'm not sure that I understand the relevance of the "different levels of depression..." in the scenario that I put forward.

It's relevant because it has to do with Stigma and a lot of people that hear the word "depression" automatically think someone is capable of committing suicide. In the context of a woman found dead, it automatically becomes a theory to support cause of death. Which is oh so wrong IMO. Hence why I said even if she was suffering from this illness, no one knows to what extent. Police have ruled it a murder and sister was trying to put it out there because she knew her brother would be suspect (being the husband and all)

I didn't mean that YOU were dragging it into this mum73. I was thinking about the sister when I posted. By no means was it directed at you.

He looked a bit hunched over, walking slowly, looked like someone just recently released from hospital, or depressed and disoriented, IMO. Reminded me of what i think i probably looked like when i was told someone close had died, and tried to function. However I have seen them both maybe 10 days ago, he was moving faster then, looked less beaten down. Certainly in the most recent state I couldn't picture anyone calling on him for physical assistance.

Hmmmm, while I have no doubt this has had an inpact on all the family, perhaps it is a chance to build a picture of a frail aged man that can be used as part of mitigating circumstances in possible future submissions re sentencing options? Not that I am cynical ..... Much.

Allison can't ever come out and defend herself.

SO TRUE !!!!

I hate it when you see cases where the defendant tries to paint a bad picture of the victim... make up lies or totally exaggerating things to favour themselves... when the poor victim can not say a thing!!! That really irks me.:maddening:

@ Grannie, who killed Allison in your mind as everyone has an opinion, would like yours?

I agree with your post 100%. I hope people realise that I've only raised the subject to point out that "someone" appears to have implied that "depression" may have played a role in Allison leaving the house that night. I am by no means suggesting that is true.

No offense intended. My post is more a response to the ongoing posters who persist in using Allison's alledged "depression" to illustrate how she probably died as a result of her own misadventure and not GBC's actions.

No offense intended. My post is more a response to the ongoing posters who persist in using Allison's alledged "depression" to illustrate how she probably died as a result of her own misadventure and not GBC's actions.

I don't think her depression {if any}had anything to do with her death either.
BUT perhaps the person who murdered her might have contributed to it over the years. JMO

I don't think her depression {if any}had anything to do with her death either.
BUT perhaps the person who murdered her might have contributed to it over the years. JMO

...........AND as QPS said it was done by someone she KNEW>>>>> Hmmmm

Well said......I wonder who Grannie, someone she knew/ what IS your stance on this FACT????

Mental illness is also used to escape crimes. Some murderers have claimed duel personality, then been proven as fakes by doctors. In actual fact you are more likely to be harmed by someone who is not mentally Ill. Just sayin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shortie05986