Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was interested to see the similarity of murdered Margaret Hills in the Blue Mountains NSW, who went missing 2010 and was found late last year...

1. Husband last saw her before retiring for bed.
2. Thought she'd gone for a walk in the morning and hadn't returned.
3. police feel she was either thrown from cliff of dragged down into the thick undergrowth.
4. The husband (and in this case the adult daughter) have been in close contact with Police
5. Confident of an arrest, but here we are 6 months later and I cannot find anything about any progress with this case.....boo.

The Perp.....Inspiration perhaps?????

I would be interested to hear if anyone knows what happened in this case.

http://www.bluemountainsgazette.com...-remains-could-be-margaret-hills/2392641.aspx

http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-...red-police-20111214-1ouat.html?skin=text-only

The link and video below appears to be the latest information available - from 25/1/2012.

http://video.news.com.au/2190034248/Appeal-for-information-about-Blue-Mountains-murder

I know enough about depression firsthand to know that if you are clinically depressed you don't have the inclination to get your hair done or the abilty to function at a conference.I also know that you don't necessarily have to be DEPRESSED to attempt suicide. My adult son is Bi-Polar as is his father (my ex) so I'm not unfamiliar with the effects and symptoms of depression. There are so many degrees if this illness also ,that it should't even be a consideration in the equasion when discussing Allison here.If your marriage is on the rocks I can assure you every one here would suffer at least some degree of depression , especially when children are involved.

Reasonable suspicion is more a phenomenon that comes into play when police need authority to act quickly to stop suspects and witnesses leaving the scene of an offence. They can arrest a person just for questioning if there is a reasonable suspicion.

Thanks, Hawkins. I was not alluding that if GBC were arrested it would definitely incriminate him (as the final point of the investigation). My point was and still is that he has not been arrested so far because the police do not reasonably suspect him. Moreover, I believe that they have nothing at all on him. Otherwise, they would not let him to care for the children.

About arrests, in general. If you look at the timeline of the well known Joanna Yeates Case, you will see that somebody was arrested without conclusive evidence, just on suspicion. Other details of the case are also available and accessed via the menu above.
http://www.crimeandinvestigation.co.uk/crime-files/joanna-yeates/timeline.html

Mental illness is also used to escape crimes. Some murderers have claimed duel personality, then been proven as fakes by doctors. In actual fact you are more likely to be harmed by someone who is not mentally Ill. Just sayin

Just bumping my post here as previously stated on this page I agree True:

"Now we will remember how much the perpetrators Barrister uses HIS/HER (the perp/s) Mental Health excuse at the time of trial/sentencing.

It is a double edged sword in courts always.............."

How the Dickies have not yet publicly slammed this lot is beyond me and is a tribute to their self control (regardless of any stupid defamation laws!) As if they don't what has happened here!!
One can only assume they have their grand daughters interests at heart and this has played a big part in their very dignified approach. Its a tough one.

Hats off to ya! I couldn't do it!

I would have called for a media scrum and a rally outside someone's home demanding a confession a long time ago. (not before i kidnapped my own grandchildren of course)

sorry, irrelevant post really, a hard day and I am over the sleuthing and stuffing about! Give this woman justice TODAY!!

:)

Mountainhigh, your posts are always informative, well balanced and rationally thought out.

This is not an irrelevant post and there is no need to say sorry. We value human life, therefore we express outrage at evil acts and we expect justice.

The Dickies have shown patience and great faith in the QPS. If it were me in their shoes, I am not sure that I would have been able to show such restraint.

Thank you, Mountainhigh.

Thanks for all the photos etc. you've posted, dork_whisperer - excellent work!

One clarification: the photo of the high-tide water level shows a date of 2011, but you've described it as 2012. Which one is the typo?

Ok, I checked the creek levels on 23.1.11 (date of the pic) and high tide on that day was 1.8m (not 2.2m).

What I've been trying to show (dare I say, prove!) is that the high water level in Kholo Creek has never reached as far up the bank as where Allison's body was located (apart from during the Brisbane floods). The rain after she disappeared, as heavy as it was, would not have made much difference to the levels. A few inches perhaps.

I'm firm on someone hid her body up under the bridge and rain nor tide had nought to do with it.

Thanks again for pointing out my error...D A N G !

Thanks, Hawkins. I was not alluding that if GBC were arrested it would definitely incriminate him (as the final point of the investigation). My point was and still is that he has not been arrested so far because the police do not reasonably suspect him. Moreover, I believe that they have nothing at all on him. Otherwise, they would not let him to care for the children.

About arrests, in general. If you look at the timeline of the well known Joanna Yeates Case, you will see that somebody was arrested without conclusive evidence, just on suspicion. Other details of the case are also available and accessed via the menu above.

This correct, "arrested without conclusive evidence, just on suspicion" in Joanna Yeates murder.

Respectfully that is why our Police are NOT doing it yet my dear sweet 'young' grannie.........you are contradicting the very reasoning you are trying to purport.....

Our Police go the full hog and get it all lined up ready so no arrest is made without being STRONG and FULL of evidence first.......<Mod Snip>

Broken Link - This is the article

FOR Gerard Baden-Clay, honesty has always been the best policy. In his online blogs, his company profiles and in his capacity as a real estate industry leader, it's a topic he revisits over and over.

"In business, it's simple: never lie," he told The Courier-Mail in 2008.

"For starters, it's the wrong thing to do but secondly you will always get caught out and usually when you least expect it.

"There are just too many people, too many personalities, too many trails ... and too much to lose."

Mr Baden-Clay built his career from the ground up - starting as a junior accountant at KPMG and working his way to the role of principal at Century 21 Westside.

But with Brisbane's real estate market stagnating, there are indications his illustrious career could be going the same way.

It is understood the family had been experiencing financial difficulties, with Century 21 Westside losing some of its staff when it moved from its Kenmore base to Taringa about six months ago.

His company, Settle Westside, took out a $300,000 loan with a former business partner in December 2011.

The business partner now works for a competing real estate agency.

A former business associate said Mr Baden-Clay was "very outgoing and very professional about running his business".

The family rent their four-bedroom, two-bathroom Brookfield home nestled between the leafy suburb's child care centre, general store, showgrounds and pony club.

Mr Baden-Clay describes himself as an action movie enthusiast and a Wilbur Smith fan with a penchant for 80s music.

But he also lists Love Actually, Four Weddings and a Funeral and Bridget Jones' Diary among his favourite films.

"No, you're not imagining things, I really DO enjoy a good chick flick with my beautiful wife!" he wrote.

He is proud of his lineage, referring often to his great-grandfather, Lord Baden Powell, who started the scouting movement.

Gerard, Allison and their children are all life members of the Kandersteg International Scout Centre, an organisation he both volunteered for and spent time as its acting director.

On one website, Mr Baden-Clay describes his passion for the real estate industry: "Honesty, integrity and no surprises ... to provide anything less is to put the client in jeopardy."

His career began in the early 90s, working as an accountant for KPMG and later Designer Work Wear.

From there, he moved on to the tourism industry, landing a job with Flight Centre as a travel consultant in Toombul.

That same year, 26-year-old Allison Dickie, a pretty girl with a dancing background who spoke six languages, was installed as the manager of Flight Centre's Ipswich store.

Three years later, he married her. His career took him to London and Switzerland and, in 2001, back to Brisbane where in 2004 he started Century 21 Westside.

He is heavily involved in his local community, holding a membership with the Brookfield State School Parents' and Citizens' Association and is the president of the Kenmore Chamber of Commerce.

#pictured shaking hands with kevin rudd - is GBC in 2008...

Hey brooksy! That link doesn't work for me. Can anyone fill me in?
I have reposted the article for you Cccclllaareb , if you wish to see the picture -i found it by GOOGLE Baden-Powell Baden-Clay 1st article

:seeya:

Thought I'd get out in the fresh air while nothing new was in the press :)

FWIW I did see Nigelaine out at the local shops this past weekend. They were sitting at a coffee shop then walking a dog. He did not look at all like a proud 'Bwana' to me, more like a weak old man with jeans that were too big for him, in cheap running shoes and walking fairly slowly and definitely showing some age. They were both walking some distance apart and didn't seem to be exchanging many pleasantries. He did not strike me as the strong type portrayed in his old bio, presumably his aura has changed a bit since this event happened, or maybe the 'Bwana' was always in his head and in print. They're most likely changed people from all the recent events - let's hope they are relieved when their daughter in law's killer/s is/are finally dragged into a dark cell where they belong.

And at this point, if a certain person is responsible, it is about time he took a look around at all the people close to him, and what it is doing to them; if he has any human decency in his body, it is time to call it a day and confess. The bottom line is he is NOT going to get away with murder.

You are incorrect Grannie. Kristi Abrahams was able to have care of her other two children even though the police knew that she had killed (and abused for many years) her daughter Kiesha. They arrested her as soon as they had the evidence they needed.

And at this point, if a certain person is responsible, it is about time he took a look around at all the people close to him, and what it is doing to them; if he has any human decency in his body, it is time to call it a day and confess. The bottom line is he is NOT going to get away with murder.

I agree esp if he wants any relationship with his daughters in the future.

You are incorrect Grannie. Kristi Abrahams was able to have care of her other two children even though the police knew that she had killed (and abused for many years) her daughter Kiesha. They arrested her as soon as they had the evidence they needed.
Her children were under the care of their grandmonther

It certainly could be completely innocent. It is just worded awkwardly if it is though; you would think if the poster was refering to the difficulty of the find - for instance- he/she would have said 'the torment of my search', rather than find? What could be tormenting about the 'find', if the find is just a logbook with a few goodies inside a container??
I will leave it to others to interpret. Maybe Happymedium can enlighten us further? :)

I'm confused! Sorry to be a stickybeak but I've gone back over the previous posts and I can't find what you are referring to, can you provide a link for me please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7