Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snap! I just heard that clip on TV in the background CaseClosed. It was creepy how similar it sounded, even the 11 days later that the body was found in the bush, and police thought the victim Belinda was killed at home (and strangled).

Are you and caseclosed watching a show on Crime channel on Foxtel? We don't have that particular channel, but there's alot of those on the Discovery channel, too. I always find them so interesting.

I think so too CaseClosed....especially with, what seems, a knack for "problem solving"...& I'd bet she had absolutely no idea about the "other woman in Sydney".

May 10, 2012

It is understood a former colleague of Mr Baden-Clay's also hired a lawyer after being interviewed by police three times. The woman, a fellow real estate agent, worked closely with Mr Baden-Clay at his Century 21 office and the pair were listed as the joint selling agents on various properties.
The woman's professional profile said she "wouldn't have worked for just anyone" and that she brought to the business "empathy, understanding, a talent for solving problems and above all, a true love of property".

http://www.news.com.au/national/pol...lison-baden-clay/story-e6frfkvr-1226351442743

I wonder if she used her problem-solving talents about 7 weeks ago?

Are you and caseclosed watching a show on Crime channel on Foxtel? We don't have that particular channel, but there's alot of those on the Discovery channel, too. I always find them so interesting.

In this instance, no, it was a segment on 9, but I do watch the Bio channel on Foxtel, which has crime shows daily. Discovery and CI too.

Just a segment on one of the morning shows linette, about an unsolved Ballarat murder from many years ago, just quite spooky the similarities with Allison's murder.

Makes me wonder why they played it now? But I guess it's to make us wonder? :)

I have just been thinking more about the whole Paul Tully claim. If they indeed have someone that they are considering as an accessory either before or after the fact than surely they should have been arrested and not still be running around enjoying themselves, something just doesnt ring true. I don't know enough about it but it seems to me wrong that if someone has been identified as having been involved, the QPS are clear about their role,than they would know who the perp is and hence arrests should be made. The deals about what the charges are or possibly immunity should take place later. All IMO
Of course, it could be that a lawyer is doing the negotiations on behalf of a client without divulging info. But would that not also make them culpable?
Sorry more questions than answers.

It is beyond my comprehension that if the QPS believe or have the slightest suspicion that GBC is the suspect that he is allowed to care for the little girls. I know there have been previous posts indicating that this has occurred in other cases but I can not understand this.

I believe the police would keep the Dickies to a certain degree within the loop of their findings. The Dickies/friends etc would be very well aware of different public opinion where GBC was considered a suspect. They would insist in compete assurance from the QPS that he was not considered or even the slightest suspicion of his being a suspect. Surely!!! They are their much-loved granddaughters of their much-loved daughter whom they have tragically lost.

If the Dickies/friends considered him to be guilty in any way would they not go to every extent to find legal loopholes to have the girls removed. imo of course they would and they would also get it as they would have so much public support from everywhere.

Even if it was to jeopardize a future trial, this would be so irrelevant and not even a priority as it is the emotional/physical etc safety of these little girls that must at all times come firstly.

This is all imo as I have no idea what has taken place as I simply do not know the real facts just that it is so tragic. Like everyone else just hope they arrest whoever it is asap for the sake of her loved ones.

[COLOR=darkorange said:
Elspeth;8020118]It is beyond my comprehension that if the QPS believe or have the slightest suspicion that GBC is the suspect that he is allowed to care for the little girls. I know there have been previous posts indicating that this has occurred in other cases but I can not understand this.[/COLOR]

I believe the police would keep the Dickies to a certain degree within the loop of their findings. The Dickies/friends etc would be very well aware of different public opinion where GBC was considered a suspect. They would insist in compete assurance from the QPS that he was not considered or even the slightest suspicion of his being a suspect. Surely!!! They are their much-loved granddaughters of their much-loved daughter whom they have tragically lost.

If the Dickies/friends considered him to be guilty in any way would they not go to every extent to find legal loopholes to have the girls removed. imo of course they would and they would also get it as they would have so much public support from everywhere.

Even if it was to jeopardize a future trial, this would be so irrelevant and not even a priority as it is the emotional/physical etc safety of these little girls that must at all times come firstly.

quote]

I think the poster who said it best mentioned that Kiesha Abrahams siblings were left with the parents right up until the time they were arrested.

In my opinion I would say that at some level behind the scenes QPS are probably making some arrangements for the future of those beautiful girls. If half of the BC family is involved then no doubt they are going to be with the Dickies.

It is beyond my comprehension that if the QPS believe or have the slightest suspicion that GBC is the suspect that he is allowed to care for the little girls. I know there have been previous posts indicating that this has occurred in other cases but I can not understand this.

This is all imo as I have no idea what has taken place as I simply do not know the real facts just that it is so tragic. Like everyone else just hope they arrest whoever it is asap for the sake of her loved ones.

What follows is just my very personal view on this: In cases where one parent has harmed the children, there was a separation/divorce type situation. Mostly very ugly situation. It is done more like: If I can't have the kids, neither can you! This case is different, although I have my concerns sometimes too.

Just as a general comment: Watching something on tv, a detective in charge of a case said: "No perpetrator ever takes a body to a location they don't know". Food for thought.

Makes me wonder where that geocache is actually located and who has been there trying to find it!!

The proximity to the scout ground always seemed almost too obvious a place to me, as in why would he take the body there, IF indeed he is guilty. But, he could then say "As if I would put her there", considering the whole scouting family link thing.

Maybe it was a bit of a reverse psychology type thing on his part, if he really is as cunning yet stupid, as many of us think.

IMOO

Makes me wonder where that geocache is actually located and who has been there trying to find it!!

Exactly, that is why I reported it to CrimeStoppers. It might even help to eliminate someone from the investigation.

Good sleuthing, but makes you wonder how the canoeist even saw her if she was that far up the bank (almost hidden), don't you think? Maybe smelt something? (sorry).

The geocache the kayaker was searching for required her/him to get out of the kayak under the bridge to search for it on foot.

With regard to an accessory being offerred immunity in an exchange for information that would lead to a conviction, would that person ever be named or identified as having had any involvement in this crime, or does it give them absolute anonymity? Sorry if this is an ignorant question. I feel so ignorant when it comes to the legal binds that surround this case. It has certainly opened my eyes as to how the law works.

Thankyou also to all the posters on this forum. It is so nice to feel like a part of a community of people who really have been affected by this murder. Our shared shock and grief for ALL the victims of this crime is comforting as we await the outcome.
I apologise for not contributing more.

If the 'version' he gave the police which has been widely reported is correct and that is that he left her watching the footy show at 10pm when he went to bed and that she was wearing grey pants and black top then he was on the money there wasn't he (strangely for a man!). But not impossible of course.

The part where the Dickies stated that he rang and simply said "she had gone for a walk and hadn't returned" is the nagging part though.

Hi MH,

I don't have too much of an issue with his story to the Dickes.

IF she was watching the TV when he went to bed, then he may have got up at 6am and she wasn't about, so he assumed she had gone for a walk. Time ticked on and she didn't get back when she should have been getting ready for the conference etc, he went for a quick drive around her walking route then called the police at 7:30am.

The police arrived and things went ballistic from there - when things were starting to look worrying he may have called the Dickies and had a very quick conversation with them saying words to the effect that "Allison has gone, I think she went for a walk and she hasn't come back". He may not have elaborated further at that time and got off the phone quickly.

Not saying I believe this, but I think that is probably how it would have happened if true.

Hi MH,

I don't have too much of an issue with his story to the Dickes.

IF she was watching the TV when he went to bed, then he may have got up at 6am and she wasn't about, so he assumed she had gone for a walk. Time ticked on and she didn't get back when she should have been getting ready for the conference etc, he went for a quick drive around her walking route then called the police at 7:30am.

The police arrived and things went ballistic from there - when things were starting to look worrying he may have called the Dickies and had a very quick conversation with them saying words to the effect that "Allison has gone, I think she went for a walk and she hasn't come back". He may not have elaborated further at that time and got off the phone quickly.

Not saying I believe this, but I think that is probably how it would have happened if true.
Has i:banghead:t ever been said that HE rang the Police. I thought he rang the Dickies and they called the police. could be wrong though

Oh, and according to the online log for that cache, a geocache "reviewer" (like a site mod, I guess) posted a comment on April 30th for people to avoid going there because it coincides with the site of a murder investigation.

IMO, the kayaker or QPS would have informed the geocache organization immediately and the paper log book and online log checked by QPS immediately too.

Remember when a previous poster said up to five people could be involved? My God, no wonder there has been speculation about two cars and bus stops! How many people are involved here?IMO

I wonder if there are family members, and a non-family member. The non-family member would be the one to be leaning on...

The geocache the kayaker was searching for required her/him to get out of the kayak under the bridge to search for it on foot.

But we don't know if the canoeist was searching for the cache??...he may have been just paddling down the creek??

BUMP - GlobeArtichoke - you may not have seen this yesterday

Originally Posted by GlobeArtichoke
Thanks, CC. That's where I'm confused. Hawkins mentioned fluorescent powder is used often on metals not dark powder, plus no one actually queried fingerprint powder until after Hawkin's comment. Unless it was in the post that mum73 later said was strangely deleted from the thread (?).

After your comment above, I searched this thread and the last thread for any mention of "bonnet" or "fingerprint". I could still have missed something, so sorry if I have
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani
I thought fingerprint dust was much darker/black?
Originally posted by Mum73
Quote:
I may be wrong, but the marks I am referring to do appear to be quite dark (above the light).

Here's some interesting links:

"my car was fingerprinted by the police because it was parked next to a "crime scene" and now i cant get the stuff off..."

http://www.bmwland.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=564454

In the 8th photo down, the markings appear quite similar

http://www.excitementcarmagazine.com...pps-black-swan

GA it was me querying the colour of fingerprint dust and here is Mum73's reply.

BUMP - GlobeArtichoke - you may not have seen this yesterday

GA it was me querying the colour of fingerprint dust and here is Mum73's reply.

Just wanted to clarify to GA (re when I posted re fingerprinting); the post that was deleted was after Hawkins post. Hawkins raised it out of the blue, which is what interested me in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson