Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The crime scene tape went up between 8:30 and 10 am Saturday (21st) morning. Wasn't there when I went out at 8:30 but was there when I came back at 10am.

Sorry, need to add .. there were loads of police cars (3-4 from memory) that had been there since the previous day so I doubt any photographer would have been allowed in.

Thanks, I had been wanting to ask the same question, as to how the girls are coping these days. Poor little things. :(

better than expected i believe but often really sad though. i posted this before that a friend has been going to the house which is all barricaded up and girls apparently not allowed out. the friend went to police and was talk that child services may get involved in some way. as late as last night i could not get an update from my family. not much help i know:banghead:

Thanks, I had been wanting to ask the same question, as to how the girls are coping these days. Poor little things. :(

I met the girls for the first time a few weeks ago, along with the Dickies. The girls honestly looked to me like they are looking at life without seeing. That might sound strange, but their eyes were strange. I have a hard time describing it, and as I walked away I had to stop myself from bursting into tears. I'm having trouble remembering it now and not breaking down - which make me feel quilty. Why am I so sad? I still have my mother, I should be thankful, but I'm empathetic. Thankfully though, you can see the bond between the three girls is very strong. It was suggested that they do something, and they conferred with each other and as soon as the youngest said she didn't want to do it, the other two said they were staying with her.

The Dickies were just lovely, beautiful people. Very interested to know all about me and my life, probably as a nice distraction for them. They did look like they'd aged a lot too from when I first saw them on the news. It must be terrible having to bury a child.

All IMO, but I'm sure this was pretty clear from how they were shown in the media - just so concerned and bringing food for the SES and staying every day. I didn't offer my condolences, in fact I didn't say a thing about Allison or the situation, and I don't know whether that was the right thing to do or not but I didn't want to remind them. I hope it was the right thing to do.

Do we know for sure this damage to the car was not from a completely unrelated incident?
Perhaps it has been found to have nothing to do with allisons murder which is why it has now been released.

Just putting it out there. Can any locals remember when they last saw the car around and whether it was damaged/undamaged?

I might have missed others questioning this already. This is just what I first think of when I read the article/indromums post about the damage. I just thought I wonder if its from an accident unrelated.
I think nothing of him not commenting on it to the media. Hes been like that the whole time. He may have told the police what happened to it.
Just because I think this doesn't mean I don't still suspect him of allisons murder...

Hope this post makes sense.. Really should get back to work :)

I met the girls for the first time a few weeks ago, along with the Dickies. The girls honestly looked to me like they are looking at life without seeing. That might sound strange, but their eyes were strange. I have a hard time describing it, and as I walked away I had to stop myseld for bursting into tears. I'm having trouble remembering it now and not breaking down. Thankfully though, you can see the bond between the three girls is very strong. It was suggested that they do something, and they conferred with each other and as soon as the youngest said she didn't want to do it, the other two said they were staying with her.

The Dickies were just lovely, beautiful people. Very interested to know all about me and my life, probably as a nice distraction for them. They did look like they'd aged a lot too from when I first saw them on the news. It must be terrible having to bury a child.

All IMO, but I'm sure this was pretty clear from how they were shown in the media - just so concerned and bringing food for the SES and staying every day. I didn't offer my condolences, in fact I didn't say a thing about Allison or the situation, and I don't know whether that was the right thing to do or not but I didn't want to remind them. I hope it was the right thing to do.

you wont know if it was the right thing to do but it as sure as hell WASNT the wrong thing. stay strong and all the best

better than expected i believe but often really sad though. i posted this before that a friend has been going to the house which is all barricaded up and girls apparently not allowed out. the friend went to police and was talk that child services may get involved in some way. as late as last night i could not get an update from my family. not much help i know:banghead:

Their lives have changed so much. Shouldn't be this way. :( Hope something gets better for them soon.

Hi everyone. I've read everything from Day 1. You're all legends, caring so much to see justice done for ABC. May I also add my utmost respect and admiration for Indromum, Possum, Dork and Hawkins amongst so many other fine sleuths. I have long held the belief that GBC plus at least one other are responsible. However, in the light of the latest photos re car damage, I'm putting another few scenarios out there:
1/ ABC comes home from hairdresser. Row ensues. She takes off in the car. Upset, hits something. Is frightened. Lays low for a while. Finally phones GBC, who goes ballistic. "This is the last thing we need!" (Referring to financial state). ABC returns home. DV follows and gets out of control.
2/ Above scenario with this change: Row at home. ABC takes off in car. After she phones GBC re accident, he tells her to wait where she is. He calls NBC and says he will need to pick up car. (Reason for NBC to be in bus shelter waiting to be picked up).
Both scenarios work with car being picked up twice by CCTV.
Also may address reason GBC said he had told the QPS all about 'it' - meaning car accident?
Please feel free to punch holes in my theories! All of the above IMO, MOO etc

better than expected i believe but often really sad though. i posted this before that a friend has been going to the house which is all barricaded up and girls apparently not allowed out. the friend went to police and was talk that child services may get involved in some way. as late as last night i could not get an update from my family. not much help i know
Then there is this news article by CM dated yesterday, June 04, 2012. Half the time I'm not sure what to think....

Mr Kaye said the community was doing all it could to support the family, including Mrs Baden-Clay's parents Geoff and Priscilla Dickie.

"We thought, 'What could we do as a community group, to help the Dickies and Allison's daughters?' "

Mr Kaye said Allison's friends had banded together to help keep her daughters' lives "as normal as possible" by assisting with transport to school and dance lessons.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...llisons-children/story-e6freoof-1226381980933

you wont know if it was the right thing to do but it as sure as hell WASNT the wrong thing. stay strong and all the best

I would have been like a rabbit in the headlights. Paralysed with empathy. You did well.
:loveyou:

I met the girls for the first time a few weeks ago, along with the Dickies. The girls honestly looked to me like they are looking at life without seeing. That might sound strange, but their eyes were strange. I have a hard time describing it, and as I walked away I had to stop myself from bursting into tears. I'm having trouble remembering it now and not breaking down - which make me feel quilty. Why am I so sad? I still have my mother, I should be thankful, but I'm empathetic. Thankfully though, you can see the bond between the three girls is very strong. It was suggested that they do something, and they conferred with each other and as soon as the youngest said she didn't want to do it, the other two said they were staying with her.

Thankyou for writing that. So sad... we can only imagine how they are all feeling. I know my kids would be devastated even now if something happened to me, and they're aged from 28 down to 12. Life wouldn't be the same again.

Even though you didn't mention Allison, they would have known how you felt. Might have been like fresh air for them to hold a normal conversation, without it mentioned. You did what you thought was right and that's what matters. :)

zook, was that you on the stands? if so, I was right near you, and thinking the same. you did good. i didn't know what to do.. OT, soz.

Their lives have changed so much. Shouldn't be this way. :( Hope something gets better for them soon.

not much any of us can do except go to the cricket match and spend up big which will help the poor little ones

Exactly my point, she hasn't solved the crime or proven a point, all she's done is point she saw the car. I am quite aware of what has been written here.

No big deal

Actually, I think Indromum contacted Alison Sandy to let her know she saw the car and therefore the report in the CM saying both cars were still impounded was incorrect. Since she did that the information in the news has been updated.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure I read that here at some point.

zook, was that you on the stands? if so, I was right near you, and thinking the same. you did good. i didn't know what to do.. OT, soz.

It was on the Pony Club shed verandah - they were taken there as it was quieter and the Dickies could have tea etc. Not sure if that's the stands you are talking about. I'm mid-twenties with long hair if that helps!

Actually, I think Indromum contacted Alison Sandy to let her know she saw the car and therefore the report in the CM saying both cars were still impounded was incorrect. Since she did that the information in the news has been updated.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure I read that here at some point.

You are correct!

I'm actually surprised at the amount of people in the Brisbane / Ipswich area who hardly know anything about this case. I've mentioned it to a few and they say "Who? ... oh really?" ... and they can either briefly recall hearing something on TV about it or they have never heard of it. I'm always dumbfounded.

My daughter in law lives on the Sunshine Coast and I brought it up with her on the weekend and said how IMO I think GBC did it. She says "Oh really, see I don't think he did."
I asked her why she didn't think so... she said "Well, I haven't heard anything about it so I thought it must be someone else." I told her the things we know as FACT {Not just the theories we have on here} and she looked horrified and then said "Well, I think I'm beginning to see things differently now."

I think it's because the case hasn't been in the papers and on TV as much as some others are, so people aren't clued up on it. My DIL did say she'd overheard talk at work where a few thought GBC did it, but she wasn't sure why they would think that. She'd heard next to nothing about the whole case.

I'm actually surprised at the amount of people in the Brisbane / Ipswich area who hardly know anything about this case. I've mentioned it to a few and they say "Who? ... oh really?" ... and they can either briefly recall hearing something on TV about it or they have never heard of it. I'm always dumbfounded.

I have had the opposite experience, how strange.

My daughter in law lives on the Sunshine Coast and I brought it up with her on the weekend and said how IMO I think GBC did it. She says "Oh really, see I don't think he did."
I asked her why she didn't think so... she said "Well, I haven't heard anything about it so I thought it must be someone else." I told her the things we know as FACT {Not just the theories we have on here} and she looked horrified and then said "Well, I think I'm beginning to see things differently now."

I think it's because the case hasn't been in the papers and on TV as much as some others are, so people aren't clued up on it. My DIL did say she'd overheard talk at work where a few thought GBC did it, but she wasn't sure why they would think that. She'd heard next to nothing about the whole case.

hehe linette not everyone follows the news, let alone a particular case, as obsessively as some of us :p
funnily enough though- when i was making a deposit at commonwealth bank around mothers day the teller asked me if i had any special plans, and i told him mum had asked me to donate to the trust fund for the girls instead of buying her a gift. he knew what i was talking about and I was nowhere near the western suburbs

I have had the opposite experience, how strange.

It is strange. The people I'm talking about are caring people, so it's not like they disregarded it or anything. They're always shocked when I say what's been happening.

Im a touch slow here, so the kudos is for correcting the News, but not anything to do with the investigation.

Good spotting though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member