Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They could very well have said more to the journalist but that doesn't mean it was published.

There does seem to be some skewed media coverage....They are often showing the negative light of the BCs......I think there is reason for the media to do that (as they may know more), nonetheless, what you say is very possible. They may have been told more and just ran with a snippet of if, to throw a negative light on him.

They could very well have said more to the journalist but that doesn't mean it was published. Unless you have a copy or access to an unedited tape of the interview, we wouldn't know everything the Dickies (or anyone else for that matter) ever says to any journalist.

I'm only going by my experiences, but I've been interviewed a few times for articles and a fair amount of what you say is never published. As well as some stuff that is published, is so out of context to how you explained it because the journalist has omitted a couple of things you said where you had either clarified or expanded upon that particular point.

I so agree! Which is why I think it's pointless to endlessly scrutinise the words that are quoted. And as for the words of the police superintendent, he would have his own agenda and tactics and wouldn't be giving away his hand at any given time. Just because they say someone isn't a suspect or POI, doesn't mean they aren't!

I have also been verified as an insider, and seeing questions are being asked about what it means I will add a few points. I had been reading posts by Mods about not posting rumours, and I wanted to ensure I was not breaking the TOS, so I asked Kimster about some info I had and whether it was allowable. Kimster suggested I apply to be verified, which I did, and I was subsequently verified as an insider. I supplied a fair bit of information to her including links etc.

Basis for verification was knowing GBC (not as a close friend or colleague, but more than just 'knowing of him' - someone I have met more than once and spent some time in group settings), having met one of the children, and having worked in the real estate/property industry for many years, including in an office in Kenmore near the roundabout (in the past, not recently, but still have a lot of knowledge and contacts in this area). I have also lived in the area for over 35 years, and live less than 10 minutes away from the GBC house, the Senior BC house, the Kenmore roundabout, and the Kholo Bridge. (I also have visited the BC senior home briefly, but i cant remember if I supplied that info when i was verified or not).

I dont intend on posting a whole lot of stuff as fact which my verification does not warrant, and you can make what you will of any of my posts and they can be considered on their merits.

Since getting verified I still haven't posted the original info I was asking about. I'll do that later when i catch up on this thread - this whole thing is wrecking me! BTW, I dont have any sizzling new info, so don't get too excited, it's just a couple of little things of interest.

Looking forward to your post :)

I don't think they're lying. I do however think that what they said could have been quoted out of context. "that's all he said"- I think it could mean its all he said in relation to her disappearance.

I also feel that her friends comment about "she told me things, I should have done more" (or however it went!) could have been quoted out of context too, for the purpose of making the story more intriguing.

I don't think the quotes would be inaccurate (wouldn't surprise me though to be honest), but they're only snippets of a larger conversation so without the other information surrounding those tidbits we simply don't have the full picture:

good point Celery ab.....I always felt that comment by her friend was sort of incomplete. It makes sense what you've suggested. Thats often the medias intention..........and speaking of media where is our Latin friend?

What I would really like to read right now is more about Allison before she died. You know, everyday kind of stuff. What was her favourite food, did she have a favourite colour, quote, book, song etc. Funny anecdotes about her and how she lived her life. We've been given snippets about her and how she called her Dad Geoff and Geoffy, how she had a block of chocolate in one hand and a diet book in the other (love that). How she laughed half an hour after being told a joke, because she only just got it. Did she like to glam up or was she more a jeans and flats kind of girl. Did she anger quickly or was she a peacemaker? Just stuff about her that would personalise her more to us here. This forum is about Allison Baden-Clay 'Found Deceased' but I would love for there to be some happy memories recorded her about Allison in life. So it would be great if there are any verified people who knew Allison to tell us more about her.

I'm so over hearing about the BC's. They make me sick. Just a little bit, but I'll be ok.

:tyou: thats a lovely idea *advertiser censored*

Gaud wonder if the reach on Kimsters ray gun can get all types of BALLS! Just so we don't have to dream about them.....:woohoo:

There does seem to be some skewed media coverage....They are often showing the negative light of the BCs......I think there is reason for the media to do that (as they may know more), nonetheless, what you say is very possible. They may have been told more and just ran with a snippet of if, to throw a negative light on him.

Yes there is a very good reason for the papers and their bias...... It's more interesting so it sells more papers.

Hey Nads, I saw that too. Just figured the Caltex website might be more real? And I've been to that servo quite a few times over the years and I can't remember a car wash. Could be a new addition I guess. Or perhaps they'll lend you a hose if you ask really nicely :seeya:

You know I am local and don't hold that against me but I don't think the Caltex or BP have a carwash! Cause if they did I would probably use it!

My hubby hates the state of our car after those Sat/Sun soccer games! I will ask Hubby and HE WILL DEFS KNOW! Standby!

I so agree! Which is why I think it's pointless to endlessly scrutinise the words that are quoted. And as for the words of the police superintendent, he would have his own agenda and tactics and wouldn't be giving away his hand at any given time. Just because they say someone isn't a suspect or POI, doesn't mean they aren't!
That sounds pretty right to me.

I can't see any police giving any more information that necessarily and some of it would be with an ulterior motive in mind. I also reckon that what they do say is pretty carefully measured, knowing that they too could easily be quoted out of context by the media.

good point Celery ab.....I always felt that comment by her friend was sort of incomplete. It makes sense what you've suggested. Thats often the medias intention..........and speaking of media where is our Latin friend?

Hahahaha. Me so crunchy!

Yep it's a safe bet that interview is very incomplete indeed. Thats why it's no use picking apart the little snippets. Like blue bottle said before, she's been interviewed and they omitted parts!

HUBBY SAYS NOPE! NO carwash at BP and NO Carwash at Caltex and these are opposite each other on Moggill rd. Near Kenmore Plaza!

Hey Nads, I saw that too. Just figured the Caltex website might be more real? And I've been to that servo quite a few times over the years and I can't remember a car wash. Could be a new addition I guess. Or perhaps they'll lend you a hose if you ask really nicely :seeya:

I'd check on google street view but my ipad doesn't do it. Plus it's more than two years old usually.

I'm sitting up in bed with my laptop giggling......you are all (in Aussie slang) a lovable bunch of dags......the thought of GBC's or NBC's baubles (erk, shudder) has me giggling again.

I've been catching up on posts....my ex husband, 25 years ago, hated me so much that when I would get up in the middle of the night and go down the back of our house and sit with my beloved horse, or go for a walk to try and stay calm, he would just roll over and sleep, probably hoping I wouldn't come back, he couldn't have cared less....I don't find it surprising that a husband (GBC) would care or not be aware that his wife hasn't come back (from a walk)....but then again IMO he killed her in cold blood

Ollijack, : (

When you have lived with such cold indifference, you can understand how easy it is for someone to carry out such an unforgivable act..

I hope you have true happiness in your life now...

BB....I think that is the case with most things....Prime example is they said there was no visual signs of foul play on Allison's body......Though one day later, she was released for burial. Seems moreso like they were setting an impression, that may not have been the reality and ya know what, they dont even need to justify themselves if they are lying..........this is an investigation, they do anything they please, to try and get their killer.....and fair enough too.

They could very well have said more to the journalist but that doesn't mean it was published. Unless you have a copy or access to an unedited tape of the interview, we wouldn't know everything the Dickies (or anyone else for that matter) ever says to any journalist.

I'm only going by my experiences, but I've been interviewed a few times for articles and a fair amount of what you say is never published. As well as some stuff that is published, is so out of context to how you explained it because the journalist has omitted a couple of things you said where you had either clarified or expanded upon that particular point.

Yes, I agree, but the same premise could be applied to every single article or footage we have used in this forum to base our sleuthing. I can only base my opinion on what has been published/filmed and my own thinking. I still believe that, if the Dickies had been told more by GBC when he called them to inform them of Allison's disappearance (and the reporter was informed by the Dickies), the reporter would have had no reason to omit this information, which could only have helped the investigation and search. Just my personal opinion.

It may also be the reason that OW stated in the very early video that 'Gerard loves Allison'. (This was the video where she also said ' we just want her returned'). The affair information had not been publicized at that point in time. An attempt to pre empt the damaging information to come?

Yes, I think that's quite possible. And I also felt she was trying to talk herself into believing these things, and very worried about what really happened. Personally I think OW is the one Police should be working on to try to get to spill what she knows.

I am thinking that at the time of the interview she didnt know what had happened, but suspected GBC or someone in the family knew something, or was involved, and she was hoping it wasn't the case. But after staying in the house for a bit longer I can't see how she could be there and not realise thet things were suspicious. She might have been told, or overheard various conversations.

I sort of had this feeling that OW might be the person in the family with the most integrity, and therefore more likely to crack under pressure and express her concerns or reveal anything she did know. Even if it wasn't much, it might help. What do others think? This is only my speculation, but I'm interested in others views about this.

Yes, I agree, but the same premise could be applied to every single article or footage we have used in this forum to base our sleuthing.

Precisely why I said the other day....All we can seem to confirm about this case is "Allison Baden-Clay is DEAD".

Aww CJ60.....what doesn't kill you makes you stronger....lol...and gives you a damn good sense of humor.....am the luckiest person in the world...xxxxx sorry, off topic....
a pox and a plague on Gerard's Balls....there, back on topic.

While all's quiet on the home front, I was just trying to piece together my theory, when all I could think of is how EBC will now have enough to write volumes of her book. She'll publish ,and we'll all be buying it.... she'll make millions...

Also thinking of the girls, and hoping that in the end it will be a good thing for them to know the truth and hopefully carry their mother's strength with them always.

working my theory.. WARNING! it includes many rumours, so if you're not interested, don't read on..
Would NBC have been taking a bus TO Brookfield, to find Allison home alone( She had had a night off!) Argument ensued. He called GBC, who was at TM's. GBC has alibi and TM can just say he got a phone call when they were together and left hastily.. Maybe the bus stop was BEFORE... wish Squiz could say which direction...

and another note...sorry, while i have the chance, thank you all for such a comforting, witty, intelligent, sensitive, and insightful company. I look forward to catching up with you all daily. My friends and family all think I'm nuts. I live local, & would love to come to the cricket game, but am in a weird situation, & don't feel comfortable.. hugs to you all,

and.. sorry minni,I love ya, :) but I think Makara is Coolest Ever!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henry Cooper