Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
oohhh yeah, that was also a rumour from the locals too, how could I forget that? It worked out that if true, the murder would have been carried out on Brooky show weekend, I thought possibly they were going to use the large amount of people there to make it look random? do you remember who posted it?

I think that is why I got on the theory about triads and bikies which everyone got a good laugh about.
It is a possibility as the Brookfield Show was being held in one months time. Given that most people would attend the Brookfield show, the Perp(s) most likely considered that. Hypothetically, they would make sure they were seen at the Show which would provide an alibi and many witnessess. This could make it seem like Allison was a victim of a random crime. My opinion only, not fact. Retrospective look at a hypothetical possibility considering the rumour that 'it was planned for a months time'.

BBM

Good post!:rocker:

KtK - I am swimming against the tide when I say this I know, but the catch 22 that he found himself in, could also be referred to as integrity.

The point you made could be a sound one, as :sick: as that might appear to you and others here.

A poster the other night used the word 'estrangement', which I picked up on and queried as to whether they knew something about the BC relationship or were just using the word to describe the state of the marriage in their own opinion. The latter was the correct one.

What we are not privvy to is the state of the marriage and whether they were estranged, i.e. going through the motions/keeping up appearances, whereas in reality, their affections were with other people.

That does not belie what OW said about GBC loving Allison, however for all we know, his main affections could be committed elsewhere.

GBC's affair with TM appears to have been out in the open and known and accepted (it would appear) to locals and family. To all intents and purposes, the MSM have focused on GBC, insofar as they have reported on what is going on in his life, given he is the husband.

QPS have stated that they think Allison knew her killer. Is there possibly someone else close to Allison that the general public have not been told about? IMO

Just putting it out there folks................

I have been wondering just who the police have interviewed that was known to Allison. We know they have interviewed people close to GBC, but we have not been privy to any people close to her that have been questioned. I brought it up yesterday because, in all the shows and books etc that I read and watch on true crime, the detectives ALWAYS interview everyone close to the victim, and closely examine her life in the week or weeks prior to her death. No one has mentioned any friends of hers or acquaintances that have been interviewed, but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened

QPS have stated that they think Allison knew her killer.

Is there possibly someone else close to Allison that the general public have not been told about? IMO

QPS have stated that they think Allison knew her killer.

Is there possibly someone else close to Allison that the general public have not been told about? IMO

Hi Everyone
Its ages since I’ve posted due to study/ work commitments but try and keep following the threads as best I can without skipping. By the time I’ve caught up then there’s not enough time to post…somebody else said this recently. Also got quite frustrated about three days ago after spending a while writing a response it got LOST???
…something to do with being logged out just at the same time I pressed post I think.

Anyway just a couple of things:

1. As far as I know nobody has discussed this and it might be media mis-reporting but, then again, there has been so much that has been suppressed that could be a reason for it not appearing anywhere. Has anyone remembered this way back from Thread 1? ( the CM do not necessarily have the only reporters following this case).
“Allison Baden-Clay, 43, was last seen a week ago walking along Brookfield Road in Brisbane’s west. Her husband, real estate agent Gerard Baden-Clay, reported her missing the next morning.”

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/house-searched-for-missing-mum-clues-20120425-1xk24.html

It has apparently been established that there was definitely an argument on the Thursday night. Allison may have stormed off after the Police had left if they were called actually called out.
2. It has been assumed that one of the reasons GBC may be guilty is because he didn’t help search. Perhaps that is what he and NBC were doing that night …coming and going of cars etc. Looking fo Allison. Which ones who knows??? Somebody has mentioned that NBC may have been a spotter maybe not for the reasons assumed.
3. This explains the reason for lawyering up because of the GBC being a natural suspect.
4. If Allison walked/ran off into the night perhaps she was picked up after a chance meeting with somebody she knew who lives nearby seeing she was upset OR perhaps she rang somebody who she knew. IMO this doesn’t need to imply that the BC’s are the guilty parties because the police may have a suspect in mind but others may be covering for that person.
5. The screams have never been explained. Perhaps the person tried to comfort Allison in the wrong way and she felt taken advantage of… Perhaps she ran off again then who knows …this person may have accidentally hit Allison with the small blue 4WD??? Killed her some other way and panicked? Or not???.
6. The missing phone and the hotspot. The phone may have been planted later near the GBC home to deflect the police. http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...urbs-of-brisbane/story-e6freoof-1226338302828
7. EBC probably was at the BC’s home with the kids that night while all this was going on.
Just My Opinion

Here is some more because the last one was long 

There have been many different clues discussed all making one gi-normous puzzle where changing or adding just one or two little bits can change the whole scenario. In saying this I have no feeling’s one way or the other about the GBC or the other BC’s. People cannot judge others behaviour especially given the media runs with things- leaves things out, quotes out of context etc. One only has to look at politics in this country to realize half of what happens is blown out of proportion or else twisted to make news for the hungry hoards. Everything is sensationalized for the 24 hour news cycle.
I feel that the low profile kept by “the family” is mainly to protect the kids from any extra stress and to shield them from more unnecessary stress during this terrible time. This possible scenario re another person’s involvement may account for lots of the “clues” and statements such as OW saying we want Allison “returned to us”. There is more than meets the eye here. GBC may have been a selfish husband and a womanizer, but looking guilty is not proof. He maybe able to go about his business in an apparently brazen way because he is innocent given even if he has fallen down in other ways ie financially and being a faithful husband. I would imagine all the BC’s are aware of the negativity and judgments in their direction. IF I was innocent of murder and had three little girls to protect perhaps I would act the same. Going public and pleading for information on TV is really only a recent thing IMO and does not infer guilt or innocence either. IMO Enough said this is too long and I have another essay I’m supposed to be writing. Looking forward to what you sharp sleuthers can do with this…Wish I had the time!!!

What I would really like to read right now is more about Allison before she died. You know, everyday kind of stuff. What was her favourite food, did she have a favourite colour, quote, book, song etc. Funny anecdotes about her and how she lived her life. We've been given snippets about her and how she called her Dad Geoff and Geoffy, how she had a block of chocolate in one hand and a diet book in the other (love that). How she laughed half an hour after being told a joke, because she only just got it. Did she like to glam up or was she more a jeans and flats kind of girl. Did she anger quickly or was she a peacemaker? Just stuff about her that would personalise her more to us here. This forum is about Allison Baden-Clay 'Found Deceased' but I would love for there to be some happy memories recorded her about Allison in life. So it would be great if there are any verified people who knew Allison to tell us more about her.
Respectfully snipped BM

I would too Makara and I would have thought there would have been more people who knew her that might have joined here and posted about her (all due respect given to the locals) IMO.

I still always come back to why would you not publicly claim your innocense, I really don't get that, especially when there are the girls to protect, business is/has all but finished. Surely if the police didn't think he was involved they would say for the girls sake, surely!! Why not Olivia "spokesperson" for the family, plead with the public to leave her family alone, they are innocent. I'm sure normal people would. This family to me is guilty as hell.

Itsthevibe - Morning :)

Did you post those things that you know that you were talking about last night? I have just come across your post from last night.

Cheers

I still always come back to why would you not publicly claim your innocense, I really don't get that, especially when there are the girls to protect, business is/has all but finished. Surely if the police didn't think he was involved they would say for the girls sake, surely!! Why not Olivia "spokesperson" for the family, plead with the public to leave her family alone, they are innocent. I'm sure normal people would. This family to me is guilty as hell.

I agree totally. It has been difficult to fathom why GBC hasn't proclaimed his innocence from the rooftops of Brookfield but

there may be reasons again, that we are not privvy to, as lame as that sounds -

I am trying to stay open minded to all possibilities as there is so much we DON'T know compared to what we think we do IMO

Most of us here have said at some stage that we would be doing everything in our power to search for our spouse; break down in tears in front of the media, dog the QPS search teams, keep a vigil at the Command Post every day, thank everyone involved in the search openly and repeatedly and so forth.

As much as I've tried, I just still can't get my head around TM being involved in Allison's death, either during or after the fact.

This is mainly because it's too abhorrent for me to think a woman could do that to another woman, or a mother to another mother. It's bad enough thinking a man could do that! Also, if TM thought Gerard capable of killing his wife, why on earth would she want to be with him anyway? Really?

Unless she is a complete and utter nutter? But I guess I have him picked more as the psycho, and if he is, it would be quite unusual for him to be teamed up with someone with just as defective a personality as himself wouldn't it? This is all MOO

But then you have to ask yourself why the huge police interest in TM, the several interviews, and her getting a lawyer eventually too?

If 2-3 days ago I would give 50/50 chance that GBC is the perp, today I would give 95% that he is not the one. My suspicion about him was mainly because I never believed that Allison went for walk at 10pm. My current theory is, that it's possible that Allison told him that she was going for walk, but in actual fact she simply went out to see someone, for a quick chat. Perhaps, to tell them off, once again. It is not uncommon when a woman resorts to a brief affair when her husband is cheating on her. May be that what happened some time ago, and that guy did not take No for an answer. That could explain why Allison was so far from home and that could explain screams. It had to be somebody really angry. With GBC, Allison would be more in control - she could afford to be angry at her own husband as he deserved that. But not with a stranger - it sounds more like fear. To prove this theory, one needs info about Allison's incoming calls and texts. Interesting if the police can request from all telephone companies to provide info about calls to a specific number. As for GBC, he could have suspected that Allison could (if not should) have an affair because he's had one. May be he did not believe that Allison went for a true walk either, and that's why he called the police in the morning.

With the two cars allegedly seen at 4am, it could be unrelated, or it could be deliberate to mislead the police. It depends on who the witness is.

I was also thinking about randomness of the attack, like if Allison indeed went for walk, just near the house, and somebody stopped and asked for directions, and they could simply snatch her. Or, if it was somebody from the neighborhood, somebody known to Allison, who asked her for some favour and lured her into a trap. While this is, in theory, possible, it is less likely. All IMO.

Perhaps the lawyer told them all to "shut up". Publicly proclaiming innocence is not proof of innocence. People will judge anyway and he would have still been dammed if he did and is obviously dammed because he didn't. Silence is golden. I daresay all the family both sides have much more than they can cope with and after all, the girls have been with their father and the BC's who would be very busy given the circumstances....Not the Dickies who would have more time to pursue the media thingo JMO

I have always thought that GBC was innocent from the start - still do. Although I feel IMO that he knows something - I beliebe that the police were called to the house that night with a domestic fight - not abuse - but a verbal fight between ABC & GBC. I think he stormed off and went to bed - maybe contacting someone before doing so. I think ABC left shortly afterwards in the car. IMO - GBC parents are involved with some other people. Whether it be the mistress I don't know. Things got out of hand and ABC was killed in the moment of heat. I think the car was then taken back to GBC and he woke up the next morning and reported her missing. IMO he knows something - but feels an obligation towards family etc not to say anything that will cause them to go to jail. Maybe he feels responsible - which in a round about way he is - as he was having the affair in the first place. He is certainly not responsible for the action of what others have done in the killing of ABC... but is responsible in creating this scenerio with the affair in the first place. IMO he lawyered up because of the police visit in the domestic. But that does not make him a murderer. It makes the scene more murky for him - but IMO he is innocent of the murder of his wife. I think we will be in for a surprised when and if the police make an arrest.

Not sure how this fits, but I wonder if it would be possible that, after the fighting and the police leave, Allison got in her car and went to BC seniors to collect girls? I recall posters in earlier threads suggesting she may have done this if upset. Then something happened at that point? I also recall the police door knocked the residents of the BC seniors in the following weeks, asking about movement in the street that night etc. not sure if this fits with any theory though eg NBC at bus shelter etc.

Hi Everyone
Its ages since I’ve posted due to study/ work commitments but try and keep following the threads as best I can without skipping. By the time I’ve caught up then there’s not enough time to post…somebody else said this recently. Also got quite frustrated about three days ago after spending a while writing a response it got LOST???
…something to do with being logged out just at the same time I pressed post I think.

Anyway just a couple of things:

1. As far as I know nobody has discussed this and it might be media mis-reporting but, then again, there has been so much that has been suppressed that could be a reason for it not appearing anywhere. Has anyone remembered this way back from Thread 1? ( the CM do not necessarily have the only reporters following this case).
“Allison Baden-Clay, 43, was last seen a week ago walking along Brookfield Road in Brisbane’s west. Her husband, real estate agent Gerard Baden-Clay, reported her missing the next morning.”

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/house-searched-for-missing-mum-clues-20120425-1xk24.html

Yes mis-reporting I think....

From QPS...

Missing person, Brookfield

On April 20, 2012, 6:01 pm ....Police are seeking public assistance to help locate missing 43-year-old woman, Allison Baden-Clay.

Ms Baden-Clay was last seen at a residence on Brookfield Road at Brookfield around 10pm last night.

She is described being Caucasian, has blonde hair and is around 165cm tall with an average build. She was last seen wearing grey track suit pants and a grey/black top with white running shoes.

Police are urging anyone who may have seen Ms Baden-Clay last night or today to contact Crime Stoppers.

http://qpsmedia.govspace.gov.au/2012/04/20/missing-person-brookfield/

That makes alot of sense. Only thing is he got spotted. IMO

I am not sure why he would be spotting at the roundabout? I understand being a spotter out at Anstead, but why on the roundabout?

There is an interesting case being heard in NZ at the moment. The victim was killed by a shotgun sometime in 2010 (July I think). The way in which it was reported in the media was that it was a real whodunnit and police didn't not seem to have much to go on. A lot of calls were made for help from the public in terms of providing information about certain things, amongst them the whereabouts of some puppies that had gone missing from the victim's shed on the morning of the killing. Anyway, the point of bringing this up is that an arrest wasn't made until 9 months after the killing, and the person charged was his brother-in-law (married to the victim's sister). The prosecution are alleging his motive had to do with conflict and rivalry over the running of the farm they were both involved in (which belonged to the victim's father) and that the accused felt he was being pushed out of the operation by the victim. The accused denies the murder but admits vandalising some property belonging to the victim in an attempt to drive him and his wife from the area. The interesting thing, I think, in relation to Baden-Clay case, is that there was no whisper of any of this in the mainstream media prior to his arrest. So for nine months there was no speculation or suspicion that the general public were aware of about the accused (but that's not to say that there was no local gossip but whatever there was it wasn't readily accessible in any fora that I am aware of). He was a pallbearer at the victim's funeral and was photographed and filmed a number of times when the family were interviewed. The trial is ongoing so there is no outcome on his guilt or innocence but based on the evidence we have heard so far one would have to imagine that the police and family were suspicious of him from the outset. It may be that there will be a similarly long wait for an arrest in the Baden-Clay case, regardless of whether GBC is involved or not.

"at a residence" not at her residence? this seemed strange to me at the time.
I on just reread thru 1st thread. The screams were just brushed off by ideas on WS. I can not find that police have confirmed a party, only media suggesting it..

itsthevibe said:
I've been told by a friend of mine who knows the wife of one of the policeman on the case that there definitely was an argument at the BC house on the Thursday night, which was reported, and the police did attend. At that stage apparently Allison was OK, and eventually the police left. I was told that this was one of the main reasons police attended the next day and went into action so dramatically and quickly.
If this is true, then it's just horrible. I haven't seen it in the media. It's a vital piece of information. Interesting, who called the police, what was registered, etc. Having obtained such a record GBC was supposed to sit still and not move that night. It would be unthinkable if after the police'd gone he went out and committed a murder. Not impossible, but it is just hard to comprehend, IMO.

Itsthevibe - Morning :)

Did you post those things that you know that you were talking about last night? I have just come across your post from last night.

Cheers

Hi Mani, I posted those things - it's Post 403 and there were 2 snippets of info. There may have been something else but those were the 2 main things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SWilkie1985