Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just going back through old reports...I don't recall this ever being mentioned...

April 27, 2012

Mr Baden-Clay claimed he said a brief goodbye to his 43-year-old wife as she left their rural Brookfield home, in Brisbane's west, to go for a walk about 10pm on Thursday, April 19.

He has said he woke the next morning to find her missing and dialled triple-0 about 7.30am.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...missing-mum-20120427-1xosg.html#ixzz1x9gcbVcf

finally, ive been looking for this report! i knew i read he rang triple 0! good find!! also remembered he had said goodbye!! did he notice if she put a warm jacket on too, was he concerned about her heading out into the dark alone, while he was planning to head off to bed!! did he tell her to keep her phone on in case she needed him? what a joke!!

maybe this is where the talk of a two night hospital stay started
the courier mail printed news of his hospital release on the 24th april two days after he had his accident on april 22nd with these headlines-
Missing mum Allison Baden-Clay's husband Gerard leaves hospital after car crash and talks about disappearance
link to www.couriermail.com.au

by: Alison Sandy, Kris Crane
April 24, 2012 6:52PM

Not sure if you read a previous post of mine...page2 of this thread...there's the same report which you've posted with the time stamp 6.52pm. There was another report earlier to that one which seems to have disappeared or was replaced with this 6.52pm.

Courier Mail has a habit of doing this...replacing reports, changing or removing phrases or even just changing certain words.

Not sure if you read a previous post of mine...page2 of this thread...there's the same report which you've posted with the time stamp 6.52pm. There was another report earlier to that one which seems to have disappeared or was replaced with this 6.52pm.

Courier Mail has a habit of doing this...replacing reports, changing or removing phrases or even just changing certain words.

sorry, yes i did read it after i had posted my post! i read the earlier one too, and also where it was reported he had a breakdown, but its gone, frustrating! i guess qps or his lawyers make them remove things sensitive to the case?

while I was on my very long stint in solitary, I read over some of the earlier threads, in particular the first one. Its quite clear after doing this that we have heavily manipulated the information over the last 18 threads and its nearly all based on our emotion, and of course our speculations.
*This is a little bit (a lot) long....sorry, keep finding more and more!

Some quotes that stood out:

The Thursday Night vs Friday morning debate
Detective Ainsworth: " the husband has gone to bed and that's the last he has seen of her "
I believe this because Mark A said it. He also said 'she was last seen at a residence at 10pm' Also, I believe that if she had of gone for a morning walk, several locals would have seen her and verified this. Also, CM stated " she walked out of her brookfield home at 10pm" Brisbane times: 'walking along brookfield road Thursday night" and kiwijayne posted that cops were asking about thursday night not friday morning.
So IMO there was no Friday morning for Allison. On top of that, Scraps went off barking on Thursday night, and screams were heard Thursday night: witness Will Truter said "It was like if someone was screaming and someone kept a hand over their mouth. That was the last we heard.

GBC's GUILT/INNOCENCE

Certain comments and posts that stood out:

24th april 'family struggled to understand why she would leave'
Mr Dickie urged her 'to make contact' It indicates to me that the Dickies felt she was alive and didn't think GBC responsible for her disappearance IMO it also puts the Dickies as suspecting or supporting the statements made by OW that she may have been depressed.
news.com.au: state that police believe she is still alive.
23rd April GBC was stated as no longer being a person of interest. I think this means he was at first (as all spouses are immediately the first person of interest) then after the initial investigation, they ruled him out.
on the video of the Dickies making their plea....Mark A says he is not a POI
Mark A said around this time: 'I do not believe she has met her demise'

IMO All of the above say to me that GBC did NOT present to the detectives with any reason for them to suspect he had hurt her. It really seems like QPS did not believe he was suspect at this stage, so therefore I believe there was no evidence of DV etc at the house that morning. What I am thinking, right or wrong, its that maybe GBC and ABC had a big fight Thursday night, and she stormed out, or took off after GBC went to bed. Maybe she did have some depression (who doesn't really?) and GBC really did wake up in the morning, scared for her safety when he realised she wasn't there but the cars were? and he really is freaking out?

Although I am talking about depression, I AM NOT saying I believe Allison suicided. I am just saying that its possible that her family and husband were scared for her due to her disappearance and none of them seemed to be entertaining the idea that GBC killed her. YET.

After the video, EVERYTHING changed. there was a HUGE shift in posters attitude towards GBC, naturally, because it was appalling.
Interestingly, up until the woeful video of GBC and OW, there was NEVER any negative posts about GBC, until that point, he was not looking suspect to most of the posters here on websleuths.

There was one who showed extreme dislike for him early on in thread 1. she knew him and clearly did not like him at all. Also I know ITV had met him and found him to be very scary! So at this point friends of the couple were still describing the couple as 'inseparable' and looking at photos and videos of them recently, I think they look like that too. IMO. This makes me think of another possibility someone raised before. That GBC was a sex addict but he actually did love Allison, just a thought. the affair/s was talked about early in the first thread as being common knowledge.

Okay, I am beginning to ramble and as usual my thoughts just pour out of my head before I have a chance to stop them! so I am going to look over the media releases and see if I can see a similar change in the QPS' attitude towards him after the video. I know we certainly gained a new perspective after watching it

finally, ive been looking for this report! i knew i read he rang triple 0! good find!! also remembered he had said goodbye!! did he notice if she put a warm jacket on too, was he concerned about her heading out into the dark alone, while he was planning to head off to bed!! did he tell her to keep her phone on in case she needed him? what a joke!!

I don't think it's clear though whether he was speaking directly to the reporter...or if the reporter sourced that info from someone else....or if the reporter assumed he must have "said goodbye/rung 000" & decided it fitted in with the "story". It's just "he said".

It's very odd there's not a mention of it in any of the other reports anywhere.

I'd just like to know what he told police when they arrived on his doorstep in the morning on 20th April.

while I was on my very long stint in solitary, I read over some of the earlier threads, in particular the first one. Its quite clear after doing this that we have heavily manipulated the information over the last 18 threads and its nearly all based on our emotion, and of course our speculations.
*This is a little bit (a lot) long....sorry, keep finding more and more!

Some quotes that stood out:

The Thursday Night vs Friday morning debate
Detective Ainsworth: " the husband has gone to bed and that's the last he has seen of her "
I believe this because Mark A said it. He also said 'she was last seen at a residence at 10pm' Also, I believe that if she had of gone for a morning walk, several locals would have seen her and verified this. Also, CM stated " she walked out of her brookfield home at 10pm" Brisbane times: 'walking along brookfield road Thursday night" and kiwijayne posted that cops were asking about thursday night not friday morning.
So IMO there was no Friday morning for Allison. On top of that, Scraps went off barking on Thursday night, and screams were heard Thursday night: witness Will Truter said "It was like if someone was screaming and someone kept a hand over their mouth. That was the last we heard.

Going by what he told the Dickies, one would assume he told them she went for a walk in the morning....

May 04, 2012 12:00AM

Speaking exclusively to The Courier-Mail yesterday, Mr Dickie and wife Priscilla recalled how life had become a nightmare since receiving the call from their son-in-law Gerard on Friday two weeks ago

"He (Mr Baden-Clay) just said she went for a walk and she didn't return - that's all he said," Mr Dickie said.

"If she was going for a walk in the morning, she'd have walked on the side of the road around Brookfield. She wouldn't have ventured into the middle of the bush somewhere."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/grief-for-lost-daughter/story-e6freoof-1226346302840

Lol now none of us has anything to say! On another note is anyone going to cricket match at Brookfield show grounds?

Just looked up my itinerary. I should be back the day before from Hawaii :takeabow: so I could be there, tanned but jet-lagged.

while I was on my very long stint in solitary, I read over some of the earlier threads, in particular the first one. Its quite clear after doing this that we have heavily manipulated the information over the last 18 threads and its nearly all based on our emotion, and of course our speculations....

Thanks minni, for taking the time to observe and note this. I think it's very well observed and you've managed to stay mostly objective, which is hard to do in such an emotionally loaded case!

I too have been spending some time looking back over the first couple of threads, it sure is a lot different to the tone of recent threads. That's just an observation, not a judgement or a fact or anything else.

Interestingly, that infamous video of GBC and OW could be explained by something other than guilt of murder. IMO the guilt of arguing with your wife and mother of your children, right before she disappeared, would be a great burden for the caring husband.

Something goes amiss though, when taking into account apparent lack of public pleas for assistance or expressions of gratitude. I say apparent because, in light of the link posted a few posts back which states that GBC thanked well wishers for their thoughts and prayers, etc, how do we know for certain that during that brief timeframe before he "lawyered up" he did not in fact try to do just that, but the media being bent on having an "angle" decided it did not fit? And really, we don't even know why he got a lawyer, it's an assumption that this proves guilt of murder or knowledge of murder.

I'm just typing as I think and it's all IMO of course, but it's interesting that this is not as clear-cut as it appears, to me. It doesn't mean I'm taking sides, it means that in reviewing the facts (of which we have very little) without an emotional attachment to any possible scenario or outcome, I'm seeing some different scenarios.

Of course I realise that there has been a great loss for those left behind and there are times I cry and feel my heart breaking for those little girls, Allison and her parents particularly. I also think it's a very interesting and mysterious case, but I guess it comes down to "wait and see". IMO. :sigh:

Going by what he told the Dickies, one would assume he told them she went for a walk in the morning....

Speaking exclusively to The Courier-Mail yesterday, Mr Dickie and wife Priscilla recalled how life had become a nightmare since receiving the call from their son-in-law Gerard on Friday two weeks ago

"He (Mr Baden-Clay) just said she went for a walk and she didn't return - that's all he said," Mr Dickie said.

"If she was going for a walk in the morning, she'd have walked on the side of the road around Brookfield. She wouldn't have ventured into the middle of the bush somewhere."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/grief-for-lost-daughter/story-e6freoof-1226346302840

If I was trying to support the theory that he is innocent (and Im not, just looking at those first facts) then I would say that he woke up that morning and at first assumed she'd gone for her morning walk?

Looks like that night GBC covered more ground than Lucky Starr. (I've been every where man) :panic:

Mother Goose, i can see both sides of the coin on this one. I can understand how you feel, and also see that for some people the body is only a shell and the spirit of Allison is elsewhere. Also that it is simply part of sleuthing the case because of a passionate hope for some sort of breakthrough.

However, I agree that the continual attempts to assess the position of each body part might be unnecessary. But that's not in criticism of those who do - just My Personal Opinion. Once I knew where the body was, I could only see a sort of blurred image, and I had my own idea of where head, legs etc were, but I didnt feel the need to dwell on it and more or less acknoweldged in my own mind that my version of exact details might be wrong.

I think that to some extent we are now seeing some overanalysing and repetition on a few things here, because we are so starved of information.

I know it can be an extremely sensitive issue, talking about human remains, and in some cultures it is not acceptable, nor is photographing or looking at photographs.

Hopefully enough has been said and plenty of versions of photos posted, particularly on Threads #17 & #18, so anyone can refer to if it is important to them - but maybe we've covered all we can on it now.

I am off to bed now after finally catching up on Thread #18. I have a few comments to add but I'll leave them for tomorrow when more people are awake!

RIP Allison, sending you vibes of love and peace, and praying for your darling girls.

Thank you for your comments very well and intelligently said. I agree that the photos of Allison's body are of her earthly shell/remains and her soul/spirit has left.I have no religious or cultural objections. Does that make a difference? I have two daughters in their early 40's and would be heartbroken to know that some sleuthers on a forum were playing 'see if we can find/outline the body on the picture to what................have a breakthrough?? Sorry I don't think the means justify the end.Again thank you for your comments. I think I will be an observer only from here. :banghead:

Looks like that night GBC covered more ground than Lucky Star. (I've been every where man) :panic:

I think he may have been trying to dot a lot of iiiii's & cross some tttt's without realising he'd come up against one of the best iii dotters & ttt crossers in the QPS.

Inspector Ainsworth....

Baden-Clay case: Behind the scenes

May 03, 2012 12:00AM

THE man who has become the public face of the investigation into the disappearance of Allison Baden-Clay has worked at the highest levels of crime-fighting in Queensland.

A search by The Courier-Mail of the public record reveals Detective Superintendent Mark Ainsworth worked in Queensland's State Crime Operations and the Australian Crime Commission before being appointed Metropolitan North's regional crime co-ordinator.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/ipad/baden-clay-case-the-investigator/story-fn6ck45n-1226345217423

Interestingly, that infamous video of GBC and OW could be explained by something other than guilt of murder. IMO the guilt of arguing with your wife and mother of your children, right before she disappeared, would be a great burden for the caring husband.

Something goes amiss though, when taking into account apparent lack of public pleas for assistance or expressions of gratitude. I say apparent because, in light of the link posted a few posts back which states that GBC thanked well wishers for their thoughts and prayers, etc, how do we know for certain that during that brief timeframe before he "lawyered up" he did not in fact try to do just that, but the media being bent on having an "angle" decided it did not fit? And really, we don't even know why he got a lawyer, it's an assumption that this proves guilt of murder or knowledge of murder.

thanks Mystique, I have said this a few times before too. It is painfully obvious that GBC is covering up something in that video. He is lying and he is uncomfortable, but it could be explained by the fact that he has guilt for his part in her storming out? he could have said terrible things to her that night, and now wishes he could take it back? however judging by the way he is being perceived as cold and uncaring, maybe not. but as you say, this could be not true either, if he did in fact try and thank the public etc

He could believe his mistress has done something to her, and that would cause huge guilt. I found this post on the first thread too. It was posted only 3 or 4 days after she went missing and people were just starting to fear that she wasnt going to be found alive

quote (bikerchick)
'I think the husband didn't kill her but knows exactly who did. He was having an affair and apparently that was quite well known. My sis, who is a hairdresser in Kenmore heard from one of the salon owners. It doesn't make sense for him to kill her.
Wonder if she went outside, the other woman clocked her, they drove off, disposed of the body. They would both know the area and housing very well...' unquote

if BC is right, GBC would have to feel responsible for bringing the crazy bunny boiler into their lives.

westie
Registered User Join Date: May 2012

i remember reading somewhere at the start of this that it had been implied by 'Brookfield Walking Group', on the QPS FB page i think, that Allison was not a regular walker that they were aware of, and they are walking at dawn every morning, and had offered to keep their eyes open for anything unusual.

also jungle drums have told me, a close lifelong family friend of ABC, that she was not 'a walker' by any standard...she had 3 kids in primary school, she would be far too busy or too buggered!

This earlier post by westie has me intrigued! I also remember someone saying that in an area like Brookfield, it's unlikely you would be a morning walker without the Brookfield Walking Group knowing about it.

So, I've tried to find anything to back up these early morning walks and found only an apparent aversion to excercise (spoke by the sister or best friend?) and a claim that Allison walked every morning and returned before her girls woke up. Convenient? It's odd that now the only person who states the regular morning walks as fact, is GBC. IMO.

quote (bikerchick)
'I think the husband didn't kill her but knows exactly who did. He was having an affair and apparently that was quite well known. My sis, who is a hairdresser in Kenmore heard from one of the salon owners. It doesn't make sense for him to kill her.
Wonder if she went outside, the other woman clocked her, they drove off, disposed of the body. They would both know the area and housing very well...' unquote

if BC is right, GBC would have to feel responsible for bringing the crazy bunny boiler into their lives.

It's interesting that you've pointed out this post, minni! That one really stood out to me as well, though I'm having a hard time remembering why it was so interesting to me..lol..so while I'm thinking I'll just say thanks for bringing it up again. :)

If I was trying to support the theory that he is innocent (and Im not, just looking at those first facts) then I would say that he woke up that morning and at first assumed she'd gone for her morning walk?

Like many posters have said if that was the case what would a 'normal' person do in that case? Go looking for her himself first or ring the police (I am not sure he dialled 000 as a poster on a previous thread seemed to be able to know that he did not as there appeared to be no record of the call)? I think most people would go looking, than ring family friends who know her or are closeby and subsequently ring the police. All IMOO

I think he may have been trying to dot a lot of iiiii's & cross some tttt's without realising he'd come up against one of the best iii dotters & ttt crossers in the QPS.

Inspector Ainsworth....

THE man who has become the public face of the investigation into the disappearance of Allison Baden-Clay has worked at the highest levels of crime-fighting in Queensland.

A search by The Courier-Mail of the public record reveals Detective Superintendent Mark Ainsworth worked in Queensland's State Crime Operations and the Australian Crime Commission before being appointed Metropolitan North's regional crime co-ordinator.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/ipad/baden-clay-case-the-investigator/story-fn6ck45n-1226345217423

:goodpost:

Inspector Ainsworth....

Looks like that night GBC covered more ground than Lucky Starr. (I've been every where man) :panic:

I wonder what GBC did do with himself between the hours 8PM April 19,till 7.30AM, on the April 20? :what:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties