Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As there is still no new information, let's see now ...

If a husband threatened to kill his wife if she leaves/divorces him she may well perceive herself to be a 'captive' and Stockholm Syndrome could apply, I think.

Going by what he told the Dickies, one would assume he told them she went for a walk in the morning....

May 04, 2012 12:00AM

Speaking exclusively to The Courier-Mail yesterday, Mr Dickie and wife Priscilla recalled how life had become a nightmare since receiving the call from their son-in-law Gerard on Friday two weeks ago

"He (Mr Baden-Clay) just said she went for a walk and she didn't return - that's all he said," Mr Dickie said.

"If she was going for a walk in the morning, she'd have walked on the side of the road around Brookfield. She wouldn't have ventured into the middle of the bush somewhere."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/grief-for-lost-daughter/story-e6freoof-1226346302840

BBM

Sorry to harp on this, but is this wording telling or am I looking into it too much? Wouldn't it state something like: "she went for HER morning walk, or THE USUAL morning walk" something to that effect? Then it goes on to quote "IF she was..." could be disbelief and "she'd have walked ... around Brookfield" surely the Walking Group would know of her? IMO

Could just be that I need a break.

Like many posters have said if that was the case what would a 'normal' person do in that case? Go looking for her himself first or ring the police (I am not sure he dialled 000 as a poster on a previous thread seemed to be able to know that he did not as there appeared to be no record of the call)? I think most people would go looking, than ring family friends who know her or are closeby and subsequently ring the police. All IMOO

haha, well yes, Rational, that is true, but if there is one thing that is starting to stand out, its that GBC isn't being portrayed as normal...
still, and I know I am sounding like a big old GBC lover today, we don't know the events of that morning and whether GBC himself discovered something
that caused him immediate concern and prompted him to call police and tell them something was very wrong? What if there was a massive blue between GBC, TM, and ABC on the thursday night? and threats were made by TM? and he gets up the next day and she's gone? just saying that something worried the police, but IMO they were not looking at GBC that day, based on what I read in the media, and reposted earlier today.

But, look, honestly I can't understand his apparent lack of care or grief over the last 7 weeks either. I saw him display real grief at the funeral, and not just for his girls I believe, so I don't think I believe the sociopath theory anymore. Maybe he has been told to behave this way by legal reps, but I've seen other 'murderers of wives' on tv, who have done the same thing, not help in the search, go straight back to work etc. So at the end of the day, it doesn't look good for him at all

I really do not believe NBC was at the bus stop. If anyone was there it was probably some homeless guy.

why so many non believers when it has been stated by the person who saw him and knew him . dont get it moo:banghead:

As there is still no new information, let's see now ...

If a husband threatened to kill his wife if she leaves/divorces him she may well perceive herself to be a 'captive' and Stockholm Syndrome could apply, I think.

Hi Frustrated, yes, someone posted some quotes regarding how it doesn't always have to be in a hostage situation, so it could be that a wife felt that way if she was in that situation you describe. My issue yesterday, however, was when a poster commented 'what is that dastardly syndrome called'.. Clara123 responded with this:

Stockholm syndrome
Quote:
Originally Posted by clara123 View Post

As you get older, blanks invade your brain. But on the upside you have the wisdom of life. You just have to trade in sex and vanity in order to tap into it.
Thanks

Unquote

It made no sense at all nor could you describe by any stretch of the imagination, Stockholm Syndrome this way

Stockholm syndrome is so incredibly irrelevant to this case!!! OMG

Hahaha!!! Ziggy has the most enormous amount of bags you have ever seen, he wouldn't fit at that bus stop.
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:You are right. he took up half of Moggill rd didnt he. wonder where he is now???????

I can't find it anywhere reported in the media?

do we only believe it if its in the media . cant someone be told something and then repeat it here . the old adage " oh but i saw it in the paper must be true ":moo:

do we only believe it if its in the media . cant someone be told something and then repeat it here . the old adage " oh but i saw it in the paper must be true ":moo:

Well if I believed everything That someone was told and repeated on here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member