Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some thoughts and questions.

Do insurance companies investigate life insurance cases straight away once they know it's not natural causes?

If G last saw A at 10pm and then called 000 at 7.39am, perhaps there was more urgency because her (perhaps separate) bed hadn't been slept in?

Would the marriage counsellor have anything to contribute?

If I were the Dickies I would have volunteered to clean up the family home too, and perhaps would have done some further investigation of my own.

All this deduction we are doing is based on media reports and every media coverage where
I've known the full story, has been full of inaccurate reporting!

Would fear of law suits be why the media hasn't reported any of the juicier details? As I'm sure there'd be no shortage of people who actually know things who'd be willing to talk to them. Or do you reckon the police have asked them to be restrained?

I think insurance companies investigate once a claim has been made, not before that, however am sure the police have already investigated if there were any insurance policies on her life, any recent amendments to any policy, etc.

I think the media is working with the police and not releasing new information unless authorised by the police.

I think witnesses would be asked to keep quiet on things. I'm sure that some people wouldn't be able to resist it though. But until the information is released by the police it would still be considered "rumours". Time will (hopefully) tell.

My sentiments exactly. Im not even going to go by the media anymore. I'd hope the friend has given the message details (texts) to the police...I presume she would have and that the police have been able to confirm that she did actually have a conference on.....and where.

Mrs Baden-Clay's best friend, Kerry-Anne Walker, has helped the Dickies in their ordeal and was at the search site every day. She was one of the last to have contact with Mrs Baden-Clay, texting her on the night she disappeared about her plans for the following day.

"That Friday was a busy day for her. She had a full-day conference in town and the kids were having a sleepover that night, so she would have got all her stuff ready," Mrs Walker said.

"I had texted her that day, the Thursday, and she texted me back that night saying she'd drop around on her way home from this conference .

"She arranged to drop some stuff off for me on the way home. So it was all a bit of a shock."

Mrs Walker said the entire situation was "very bizarre".

"She would never have left her girls - never," she said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/grief-for-lost-daughter/story-e6freoof-1226346302840

I knew I had read an official report or record of comments - thank you!

If you read the rules of this forum, it is stated that sometimes Admin receives requests from police to join in the forum, with or without revealing that they are police. If I was a detective, I would lurk around.

that archived page also has the mistress on it.

And Allison definitely left the hairdresser salon at Kenmore Plaza at 7pm which may explain why police were interested in any CCTV footage from shops in the area.

This is the post where I read about leaving the hairdresser at 7pm.

If you read the rules of this forum, it is stated that sometimes Admin receives requests from police to join in the forum, with or without revealing that they are police. If I was a detective, I would lurk around.

I don't know whether any police have joined the forum but i did see someone put the link in a comment on one of the reports the QPS put up in facebook

That comment is rather condescending

This is the post where I read about leaving the hairdresser at 7pm.

Thanks! this is only a rumour. This piece of information has not been validated by the police therefore we should not assume that it is actually true.

It is not condescending. It is for your information as to whether police read these type of forums or not.
It's the "If you'd read the rules of this forum" bit that came across as condescending. My apologies for taking it as such if that isn't what you meant.

Lets all just breath................................ :grouphug:

RE - the alleged hair appointment

Interesting. Jojo85 made only that 1 post. Speaking as if he/she knew or it was already established. I actually think it was mentioned much earlier by someone else who had posted a couple of other things based on some sort of connection.

Rumour or hearsay, yes, not verified fact, however this is how police follow up on things. Someone reports as much as they know, and the police follow up and try to locate the actual person and verify it. So if anything like that is posted here, and the police read it, it could be a clue for them to ask that person for names etc and take it from there - that's if it's something they consider important information that hadnt been reported to them directly.

WISH THOSE WHO WERE AT THE ROUNDABOUT during 11.30pm and 4am would phone the Police...seems VERY IMPORTANT (snip)
Sounds like Police know from the CAMERA that there were more people who passed by there AND THEY HAVEN'T PHONED!

Some would have known they were there at some stage but may have long forgotten what day it was when they passed there. Especially more so if the same route is used regularly at all different times. For example, no way can I remember what night(s) I went to the local shops 2 weeks ago even though I know I have.

Some may have not been keeping themselves updated with this case or generally not watch or read the news much (if at all) and may be totally ignorant that such a call has been made by the police.

Interesting. Jojo85 made only that 1 post. Speaking as if he/she knew or it was already established. I actually think it was mentioned much earlier by someone else who had posted a couple of other things based on some sort of connection.

Rumour or hearsay, yes, not verified fact, however this is how police follow up on things. Someone reports as much as they know, and the police follow up and try to locate the actual person and verify it. So if anything like that is posted here, and the police read it, it could be a clue for them to ask that person for names etc and take it from there - that's if it's something they consider important information that hadnt been reported to them directly.

you would have to think given the profile of this case that the hair salon would have been on the phone to police that day or the very next after her diappearance surely. this is not the sort of rumour that floats about without being substantiated pretty quickly

you would have to think given the profile of this case that the hair salon would have been on the phone to police that day or the very next after her diappearance surely. this is not the sort of rumour that floats about without being substantiated pretty quickly

This was mentioned again by me for this Forum's sleuthing regarding the clothing/shoes aspect!

One other thing that strikes me is the fact that they aren't appealing for people who may have seen anything else. Not asking about any unusual cars or people in the area the night or morning of her disappearance. They aren't looking for things they don't already know. They are just looking for witnesses to corroborate what information they already have. And that, to me, means that something significant happened at the roundabout and they want to know if anyone else saw it. I believe that once they have that they will make their arrest.

I see your point and agree....I can see how value adding this information may be to the police, if they are watching. If someone came in with their sorry 'tale' though.....and the police exhausted resources on trying to find out more...........purely on the basis of a some person wanting to seem connected to the situation.....then I find it awful.

Mrs Baden-Clay's best friend, Kerry-Anne Walker, has helped the Dickies in their ordeal and was at the search site every day. She was one of the last to have contact with Mrs Baden-Clay, texting her on the night she disappeared about her plans for the following day.

"That Friday was a busy day for her. She had a full-day conference in town and the kids were having a sleepover that night, so she would have got all her stuff ready," Mrs Walker said.

"I had texted her that day, the Thursday, and she texted me back that night saying she'd drop around on her way home from this conference .

"She arranged to drop some stuff off for me on the way home. So it was all a bit of a shock."

Mrs Walker said the entire situation was "very bizarre".

"She would never have left her girls - never," she said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/grief-for-lost-daughter/story-e6freoof-1226346302840

Its interesting that the best friend doesn't say "she would never have left her girls or hubby"... i guess its the things that people don't say that reveal the most about this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214