Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:deadhorse: This is as close as i can find to bananas running in circles...

1. we don't know for sure that the girls were @ EBC's the night before.they may have been somewhere else.
2. the cars were said to be seen @ the shops in Anstead pulled up closely to eachother. someone on this site said early on that they saw them. what direction were they facing?
3.:banghead:

Hopefully, any damage to the front left-hand side of the 4WD would have been noted by the witness. One would hope that the same damage could be noted on the roundabout CCTV camera. IMO this would be telling evidence.

Okay, what could be the reasons for using two cars:

- One breaks down en route and needs help from second person
- One carries body to simulate suicide at the bridge, second used to return home (but we know this didn't happen)
- One carries body, the second one meets up with first at the roundabout to continue on to the bride
- One is chasing after the other one

Any others?

CaseClosed great questions!

I am thinking that the second scenario is the one that was originally planned, which is the reason why NGB had to be picked up from the bus stop (not wanting to be picked up from home as he could be seen from neighbours) to drive the prado to Kholo ck bridge.
However being spotted made them decide not to leave the car at the bridge.

One thing that has been nagging at me, is some initial reports (rumours, whatever) that one of the cars was spotted on the Brookfield oval. Was this because they had to move one car out and putting the cars back in the original order. Or did GBC go and pick up NGB with the body in the car, leave the car for GBC to drive on the oval, so that NGB would not come near the house and the crime scene?
I know again more questions than answers.

A nice little relationship happening between the Baptists and the LNP.

Former Brookfield resident and, as he told me directly during the recent state election campaign (I am in his electorate), father to 7 and former teacher at a Baptist Bible College, the newly elected government deputy Speaker, Mark Robinson.

http://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/members/current/list/bio?member=Robinson+Mark

He has a Diploma of Divinity.

I am not suggesting anything untoward, just pointing out an interesting coincidence and yet another Baden-Clay/Walton/LNP and now Baptist connection.

http://www.news.com.au/national/baden-clay-arrives-at-police-station/story-e6frfkvr-1226342226057

I'm another first-time poster but have been following since discovering WS soon after Allison was reported missing. I thought the above was an interesting coincidence, and nothing more than coincidence. But in sleuthing social media sites, two things jumped out at me:

1. this person (member of the newly elected LNP government) and the Baptist minister who is part of the BC family are friends; and

2. this person's most recent activity (a little over a week ago) on his site was to support a cause and make "a pledge to never hit my partner" -- according to his comment he does it every year (makes the pledge, that is!) because women are "precious" and should be treated with "respect and kindness".

Well-intentioned, I'm sure but for me it says a lot about how some parts of our society continue to view women. That comment is one I might make to my child about one of her toys.

Apologies if my very first post is slightly off topic. I want to be here for the fireworks party when it happens.

thats true...Berry only spoke yesterday of situations where the police have arrived at a domestic dispute, known the male involved ( in this case, he was an officer too), and took his word for it that the woman was fine...'post natal' they just accepted this as he was connected through work and maybe a friend too?
So it he was trusted by them or known to them, maybe they would let it slide. However, if he had any history of domestic violence, I can't see it being likely
MOO

The Police will separate the two people when a call is made. I have seen it with my own eyes. If it is a first time it happens, the "attacker" will have to leave the premises for a said time. If it is a second time, the "attacker" will be taken to overnight cells. I confirmed this with Police.

I don't think there was a domestic call-out that night. If it happened and the Police left without defusing the situation by separating the two, someone's head is going to roll and a massive inquiry will be launched. The Dickie family can file a wrongful death suit against the police.

I'm sitting here at the Kenmore Plaza about to start work on this public holiday and I've just noticed a sign in the window of Allison's hairdressers. It is advertising for a 'full time hairdresser needed'. Interesting. I wonder if Allison's hairdresser has left due to the case, interviews, or perhaps fear? Perhaps it's just a coincidence. Just wanted to note it.
Good point. Any identified witnesses do need to consider their physical safety now. They will be needed to testify in the Criminal Court proceedings. This is another reason by Police business is confidential. They also have to protect potential witnesses and ensure their safety.

Federal or State politics?
How do you know he was preparing himself?
How do you know it was against his will?

State politics - he was going to run for a local MP or something. I have read it in MSM. No other sources. By the way, Julie Bishop is one of his friends on FB.

While I think it is possible, in theory, I give less and less weight to this scenario. GBC was preparing himself for politics. For this, he had to remain a respected member of community, which implies no DV history, no divorce, the perfect front with a beautiful wife, etc. I think he was more careful and in control than he is portrayed here. I also think that he was not going into politics on his own, by his wish. He was supported and promoted by certain influential figures, because that's the way it works. I do not believe
that these people would place their bets on him if he had police records.

Implying that somehow politicians or people thinking about entering politics are somehow different to the rest of us is probably true to the extend that it does suit certain types of psyches (narcissists probably amongst them) but to think that they are living clean healthy lives and are only in great relationships stretches the truth. Think of Darcy (now in prison for interfering with young girls whilst still a teacher) or Nuttal (in prison for taking bribes whilst a Minister of the Crown).
As for GBC being promoted, let's not forget that the LNP was smelling a landslide victory and in many seats Scraps the dog probably would have been able to get preselection if the Electoral Act did not preclude canines from standing. All IMOO

If NBC was a spotter, and there were two cars, then does that mean there'd have to be 3 people involved? That seems like a lot, and leaves the children unsupervised. Hmmm. Sounds messy.

Has it ever been confirmed when OW arrived in Brisbane? May'be she was already at mum and dad's and so was there if the kids woke up. I know, now there would be 4 people involved ?????

I think there was atleast 1 accomplice, but if GBC acted alone, could he have been towing the Prado in order to leave it out there? And then changed his mind and brought it home. The witness stated that the 2 cars were travelling slowly and very closely, as if one was towing the other.

The Police will separate the two people when a call is made. I have seen it with my own eyes. If it is a first time it happens, the "attacker" will have to leave the premises for a said time. If it is a second time, the "attacker" will be taken to overnight cells. I confirmed this with Police.

I don't think there was a domestic call-out that night. If it happened and the Police left without defusing the situation by separating the two, someone's head is going to roll and a massive inquiry will be launched. The Dickie family can file a wrongful death suit against the police.

Yep....That is how it is in our neck of the woods....Opposite ends of the house (one officer with one, another officer with the other and often one taking some photos). Hubby takes note to never question in bedrooms.

I'm many pages behind, but just wanted to say that in my experience, the police did not check on me when called to dv dispute.

Exhusband and I got in major dispute (1st major one ever), he wouldn't let me leave, neighbours heard and called police. Before they could arrive (I didn't know they were called) I managed to get my phone back and call parents to come get me, called his parents to come to house (I was worried about him) he left then.
Parents come got me, and later I got a call from my inlaws to tell me when they got to house they picked him up from corner store, went to house and then police showed up. They told the police my parents had come to take me to their home. And that was it. Inlaw said that police said if I want to press charges to call them and she gave me the number.
The police never checked my welfare though. They just took my ex's and his parents word that I was ok and with my parents.

I'm just sharing this to show that in my personal experience the police may not check the welfare of both partners if they are told everything is now ok.

Edit to add: starting to catch up on posts and see this has actually been discussed alot tonight. Sorry!

I think people mean that if BOTH partners are in the DV situation when police rock up then they check and make a judgement on the situation. They cannot make a judgement on a DV situation if one party is no longer there.

Responsibility rests with the victim to press charges. Did you?

Has it ever been confirmed when OW arrived in Brisbane? May'be she was already at mum and dad's and so was there if the kids woke up. I know, now there would be 4 people involved ?????

Nope.

There was talk she was in Brisbane the week earlier. There was talk she managed to find out Allison was missing and got down in time to take the girls to school (no way). Thre was talk she came down from Townsville the Friday night....and talk she came on Saturday. There was also talk she was holidaying at the Gold Coast.

No, we don't. One white 4wd and one smaller blue 4wd were seen by a witness near the bridge. It could be unrelated or it could be the Prado and the Captiva or the Prado and someone else's car. We don't really know. But I can't recall if they stated the direction in which the cars were travelling, which would make a difference as to why both cars were together (if all is true). IMO.

I don't think it has been stated which direction they were seen travelling in - unfortunately. Wasn't there another witness that saw the 2 cars parked at the Anstead shops though? I don't know if this sighting has been confirmed, but I always presumed that the cars were facing outbound towards Kholo Creek, as those shops are on the left side of the road.

do we know if the buses were still running? would GBC in his car have driven to towards Anstead (alone), pulled up to Anstead store to wait for dad who took bus to B'kfld, picked up other car & meet @ store to help/give directions? show where to go? came home in 2 cars following closely w/no lights ,so unrecognised?
Nah. just thinking out loud. tell me to shut up now..

or IF the buses were running, might NBC dropped off 2nd car to B'field and taken bus back to Kenmore? sit @ bus stop in shock,and think, rest, etc before walking home. is there a closer bus stop to Durness St?
all unlikely, i know, just trying...

Just wondering if the smaller car was behind or in front of the larger car, in relation to the 2 cars on the bridge?

Another possible angle with the police. What if they were at the house for some other reason than a DV call. Maybe they had invited a couple of police officer friends over to have a chat after work about some community event. He really wanted to show that all was well and happy in the BC household that night. They would be excellent witnesses to the state of harmony in the home that evening. ( I don't necessarily believe this would be the case, but just thought I would put it out there). Just trying to think of the different angles

BBM

I think we have been assuming too much that there is a history of DV call outs to the BCs house but IMO this has not been substantiated. Therefore, it could just be like Mouse Detective says that they were there for another reason. Or that they received a call from the neighbours about a 'disturbance' and were assuaged by GBC that nothing was going on and the officers went on their merry ways without checking out anything further.

:deadhorse: This is as close as i can find to bananas running in circles...

1. we don't know for sure that the girls were @ EBC's the night before.they may have been somewhere else.
2. the cars were said to be seen @ the shops in Anstead pulled up closely to eachother. someone on this site said early on that they saw them. what direction were they facing?
3.:banghead:

DUNNOZO: Laughing. Good point.:floorlaugh:

Hi I'm a Newbie, so forgive me if I'm going over old ground, but, I've wondered if anyone has considered that GBC smothered Allison? Maybe waited until she was asleep and put something over her face, waking her enough for her to fight back and scratch his face and chest...but not enough, sadly, to save herself.

I have also wondered if the Police have kept one car, but given GBC back another which they have bugged....thereby forcing him to drive the one that they've wired?? Then settled down to wait. Police are a patient lot....just waiting for him to say something that is incriminating while on his mobile or something.

Just my "oo".

Perhaps the 2 car thing is just to find out when Allison travelled home in her car and when their other car was seen at the roundabout later in the night. Perhaps it has only ever been the one car all along. Captiva or prado?

I have always thought this.

If NBC was indeed seen sitting at the roundabout bustop...
IMO it makes perfect sense to me that NBC's role was as a 'spotter'.
I doubt he would be much use for anything else going by the footage in this link.
0.25 - clearly shows NBC struggling with the simple task of removing of a box from the car.

http://video.au.msn.com/watch/video/no-luck-yet-for-missing-mother/xp1r8ud

Sorry if this has already been discussed.

HM - when you say spotter, what do you think the person was spotting?

Sorry for my ignorance but I don't get what help that would be to a person some kms away near the Kholo Bridge or Scout camp disposing of a body.

I've wondered the same bell, some have said she came down Saturday but I haven't seen anything to confirm this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DownlowDelivery