Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be great to know if GBC had a busy Friday - we know Allison did.

It might give us some insight into the premeditated v crime of passion on the spur of the moment.

I could go both ways with this; Premedicated because:- I don't think that the BC clan was too fond of dear ABC and saw her as a road block in GBC's life. He was so charming and gregarious and he had this wet blanket of a wife clinging to him. (This is not what I think of ABC BTW just what I think the BC's think of her.) I think they viewed the relationship as holding GBC back. And he needed someone who was going to be interested in his career and not follow their own ideas. ABC was desperately trying to appease this man's ego, working at the franchise, being the submissive stay at home mostly wife, etc while trying to find some interest that could spark her creative instincts again. I don't think GBC would have encouraged A to go out and become successful as he saw himself as the BWANA in their 'little family' now.

Spur of the moment:- the shyt hit the fan and tempers just raged and ABC came off second best.

It is just awful recounting these scenarios. Poor Allison:maddening:

I believe it's very possible he had political ambitions, I recall reading his speech he gave to Kenmore High School. He must have been so impressed with it that he reproduced it somewhere on a Century 21 website. Sorry I no longer have the link but it gave quite an insight into GBC.

I think he spent a lot of time being impressed with himself

:skip::skip:

he lives the life of a fantasist..

if he had political ambitions, and Nige and Elaine held these for him also, why on earth would they be benevolent, at least accepting, at worst encouraging , the long sticky nonsense with Ms McHugh?

Everyone knew about it.

Just re: the 2 car theories, here's mine.

Another reason why two cars are taken is if somebody is visiting from interstate and you lend them your car.

I'm just trying to think off the beaten track, so to speak, with a "what if Pastor Ian (or Pastor Skip, as I like to call him) and/or his wife were involved?" scenario.

ABC is at the hairdressers. GBC calls her and says, "Relative X has asked us to dinner/coffee etc. I've loaned them my car so come home and pick me up and we'll go and meet them. I know you've got a conference tomorrow but so have I and they're not down that often so we really should spend some time."

ABC agrees, picks up GBC, unidentified relative/s are waiting further down the track and murder ensues. Cue Olive's concerned and timely appearance the next morning just in time to take the kids to school. What if she was already here and had been for a day or two?

Perhaps ABC is privvy to info regarding dodgy land deals that GBC and Pastor Skip and possibly others are involved in, maybe with respect to the Church, maybe not. Maybe dodgy development approvals are being pushed through. Maybe Allison stands up and says, "You've got to be kidding me." Maybe Allison becomes a liability that might stop everyone else in the family making a killing and clawing back some of the status associated with the name Baden Powell. Maybe that's where Paul Tully's 5 accomplices come from. 2 (Nige and Elaine) plus 2 (Pastor Skip and Olive Oil), plus 1 = GBC.

Just putting it out there for you to rip to shreds or build on as you see fit. I'm not a sleuther, per se, I just have a vivid imagination.
SKMA: Equally possible scenario. Good post.

Yes I'm with you, imagine the sympathy vote a bereaved widower would get, as opposed to a philandering womaniser, to say the least.
IMO

I could be wrong here, but didn't someone (??possum maybe) say that they overheard GBC talking to a local pollie at the Brookfield Show about how the papers were going to be running the story of his affair the next day, which in fact they did. This would indicate that the affair was pretty common knowledge amongst the who's who, so therefore dismissing the need to appear squeaky clean as any motive.

Also, it does go to show how smarmy he was, in actual fact, that local pollies knew about the affair and didn't raise an eyebrow. Maybe he easily smoothed over the police if they did arrive at the house early in the evening on the Thursday, resulting in them leaving without checking on Allison. It certainly fits with them saying she could have been killed as early as 8pm.

The need to be powerful lies at the heart of any political aspiration.

GBC craved power. Show me what you brag about, I'll show you what you lack, as some wise poster here once said. Well, there it is.

The quest for power makes people do terrible things sometimes.

It certainly fits with them saying she could have been killed as early as 8pm.

Did the police actually state that she may have been killed as early as 8pm or did they just ask people to come forward who may have spotted her that early? I got the impression it was the latter. Is there a link?

I think he spent a lot of time being impressed with himself

:skip::skip:

Well he certainly seemed to have spent a lot of time making videos of himself & talking about himself....was in love with his own persona I think.

Happy Medium,

the dogs at Anstead were howling and then barking.

Two different situations.

I didn't know they were shepherds.

Found a link but not sure how to post as it is a photo :banghead:

Well he certainly seemed to have spent a lot of time making videos of himself & talking about himself....was in love with his own persona I think.

I really dislike people like that .... had a few relatives (by ex-marriage) who were like that.

Sorry, I might be wrong again there. I was under the impression she could have been killed as early as 8pm. Will try and look back for a link.

I believe it's very possible he had political ambitions, I recall reading his speech he gave to Kenmore High School. He must have been so impressed with it that he reproduced it somewhere on a Century 21 website. Sorry I no longer have the link but it gave quite an insight into GBC.

this was part of that speech... him being in the 'CHAPLAINCY' (!!) area of the thing...

To me, the most fundamental element of good leadership is to lead by example. That entails responsibility … responsibility for one’s own actions. Let me tell you that nothing impresses others more, nothing attracts people more, nothing compels people more, and nothing earns respect more than a leader who leads by example.

http://expertrealestate.blogspot.com.au/2008/02/making-history.html

Sorry, I might be wrong again there. I was under the impression she could have been killed as early as 8pm. Will try and look back for a link.

Yes, it was reported for a while, but QPS later concentrated on the roundabout timeframe of 11:00 pm - 4:30 am and did not indicated the 8 pm time again. The 8 pm time could be a conclusion they came to considering she was at the hairdressers at or around 7 pm. Or just trying to disprove husband's last alleged sighting of her? Trying to send a message to the husband through the media like "we don't believe you!"? Just me speculating. IMO.

Gerard also wrote a lot about home security on his blog..

ironic,ey?

Dogs have a hearing range of half a kilometre, btw.

SKMA could I add to that range......LOL

Rural friends of mine have two blue heelers and they know the drone of his car engine and start barking when it hits the cattle grid two kilometres from his home! Their hearing is quite amazing.

I wanted to say thanks everyone. Hugs to you all. Kisses and hugs to you Willough.

Just thought I'd post another link. I think this one shows how the confusion re the Thursday night/Friday morning may have started.

http://article.wn.com/view/2012/04/28/Daughters_pray_for_missing_mum_Allison_BadenClay/

SHE got up early every morning for a walk but Allison Baden-Clay always made sure she was home by the time her little girls woke. Without fail, she was there to make them breakfast and get them ready for school - except last Friday morning. For the first time, sisters Hannah, 10, Sarah, 8, and Ella, 5, woke up without their mum.

I meant to say that I am not trusting this article. I think it's flowery and a bit of hearsay. But it totally shows why there was doubt about the girls having a sleepover.

You are correct, 8pm has been quoted several times in the media. :)

I can't believe nobody has responded to this post. The first bolded quote, if true, means Allison can't have died the Thursday night.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are the CM meant to say Thursday morning.

This article was very early in the piece when there was very little information available to the public and what was available kept changing. My thoughts are that initially it may have been believed that she had gone for a morning walk but once more questioning had been done it emerged Allsion hadn't in fact been seen since the night before and no one was able to say that she had definitely gone for a walk that morning. I doubt the children would have seen her before her walk if they had been home considering she usually left so early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbya