Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, it's time for me to take some time out. See ya.

Respectfully snipped. Don't stay away too long please AllyG, you have already proven to be a valuable new member here with excellent insight and opinions I have the utmost respect for. Everyone is being wonderful here trying to help get answers for what happened to Allison, the teamwork going on is great and you just never know what little piece of information or thought might be that much needed piece of the puzzle. This is a well moderated and brilliant site to belong to and if it is within the sites T & C's then you can say anything you want.

I know that a lot children of working parents spend week nights with grandparents, sometimes one or two nights every week. So really a mid week sleepover at grandparents isn't odd IMO.

Also about the cars, someone mentioned them last page maybe? I'm pretty sure there was evidence found in a car, I'll look for an article. But same as the house, when all the investigations are done they get it back.

Hey allyg, we look forward to hearing from you again after your break :) same goes for unfoldingtruth and maverick.au!!

I think the hairdresser has either misheard her when ABC mentioned a sleepover, recalled the information wrong (it would have been a long day at work, lots of customers), or chinese whispers have taken hold.
respectfully snipped

OT: Kailee, is that the similar to "telephone"?

Yes - perhaps she was going to leave extra early for the conference.

You never know, he might have woken up earlier (say 5am) and realised she wasn't there, so presumed she had gone for her walk earlier due to the conference. Do we know for sure that he said she left for a walk at 6am - really, all we know is that she "usually" went for a walk at 6am?

If he knew she was looking forward to the conference but wasn't back by 7:30am, and he had been up since much earlier and wondering where she is, perhaps I would have been panicking by then too? Remember, we don't know for sure that he DIDN'T call people or drive around the streets looking for her - he could well have done this before calling police.

Poke holes in it - what did I miss?

If he did go looking for her, etc. why didn't he indicate this to the police or to her parents?? He just said she did not return from a walk.

Mrs Baden-Clay's best friend, Kerry-Anne Walker, has helped the Dickies in their ordeal and was at the search site every day. She was one of the last to have contact with Mrs Baden-Clay, texting her on the night she disappeared about her plans for the following day.

"That Friday was a busy day for her. She had a full-day conference in town and the kids were having a sleepover that night, so she would have got all her stuff ready," Mrs Walker said.

"I had texted her that day, the Thursday, and she texted me back that night saying she'd drop around on her way home from this conference

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/grief-for-lost-daughter/story-e6freoof-1226346302840

I think they may need the roundabout info for more than one reason. They obviously have other info that we don't know about so they are trying to put the pieces together, so yes, to test an alibi, maybe to also match up with mobile phone records and the timing of everything, and possibly also to identify something out of the ordinary at the roundabout.

I think the police were reenacting some footage they have seen on the roundabout camera. For example, they may have footage of a particular car but not be able to make out who or what is in it. So, kind of like the paranormal files on tv, they try to recreate what they've seen to see if it matches? they will end up with the original footage and also their mock up video to compare.......

4. If there was a murderer out there or it was a experienced or planned killer you would have a man hunt for the killer. The Western Suburbs would be in lock down.
You would then conclude that this is a gathering of evidence and proving a theory exercise and that the police know who the killer is.
5. After the first 12 hours of interviewing and searching the police would have probably determined a theory. It's well evident that they have not moved from this theory since the day ABC went missing.
6. Early Legal representation. This factor is very strong in cases where a charge is trying to be down graded. Murder to Accidental manslaughter???

Perhaps the kids had the sleepover Thursday night so Allison could get herself ready for the conference Friday morning?? Depends on what time the conference was I guess but maybe she wasn't going to have time to drop kids at school & make it to conf on time??

it would taken what 1 hour to get into the city ? so she would have had to drop kids at 8am at school sounds like usual busy working mum stuff that she couldcope with or I am sure GBC could have taken them on his way to work.. so no i dont think they were sleeping over at Gparents because of that .. no she doenst strike me as someone who would have kids sleeping over because of that on a school night ..

Yes - perhaps she was going to leave extra early for the conference.

You never know, he might have woken up earlier (say 5am) and realised she wasn't there, so presumed she had gone for her walk earlier due to the conference. Do we know for sure that he said she left for a walk at 6am - really, all we know is that she "usually" went for a walk at 6am?

If he knew she was looking forward to the conference but wasn't back by 7:30am, and he had been up since much earlier and wondering where she is, perhaps I would have been panicking by then too? Remember, we don't know for sure that he DIDN'T call people or drive around the streets looking for her - he could well have done this before calling police.

Poke holes in it - what did I miss?

I thought the last time he saw her was 10 pm the thursday night? he may have presumed she went for her early morning walk when he first got up (if his story is truy)

Mrs Baden-Clay's best friend, Kerry-Anne Walker, has helped the Dickies in their ordeal and was at the search site every day. She was one of the last to have contact with Mrs Baden-Clay, texting her on the night she disappeared about her plans for the following day.

"That Friday was a busy day for her. She had a full-day conference in town and the kids were having a sleepover that night, so she would have got all her stuff ready," Mrs Walker said.

"I had texted her that day, the Thursday, and she texted me back that night saying she'd drop around on her way home from this conference

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/grief-for-lost-daughter/story-e6freoof-1226346302840

So, "that night" is referring to Thursday and not Friday!

I'm thinking that the Police may have found discrepancies with the mileage gauge in the family car(s). If a car is computerised it will show a service technician how many kilometers were travelled on a particular date. Perhaps the Police asked GBC what his movements were on the Thursday until he arrived home and if he left his home for any reason that night. If he told them he didn't leave home at all but the mileage gauge in his car showed otherwise, it could be the reason why the Police were conducting their test at the roundabout on Friday night. They may have been wanting to accurately record the exact mileage from one point to another. I don't know if the family cars are computerised but let's hope they are. If there is in fact a discrepancy with the mileage, it still would not prove that GBC was the driver but it would be more evidence to work with.

Hi. Long time lurker here...

Their girl's school (across the road) had their cross-country race on Thursday. Rumour has it they were both parents were there cheering the girls on... Would be lots of parents taking photos, i suspect.

I question weather Rafting Ground Road/Brookfield RD/ Moggill Rd. been searched thoroughly for the phone? I notice rubbish along the road every day....

Sleepover on a weeknight? unlikely

I walk with my dog and take nothing else. Most women's workout wear have no or tiny pockets.

Thanks for that..interesting about the girls school across the road....?? The cross country on Thursday is interesting as well...Keeping up appearances would be hard if you were pre meditating your wifes murder...IMO.

I wonder if they were overly friendly with each other??

Brookies comment about tueday questioning by Police to Salon was also interesting because they must suspect that she has cuts or bruises prioe to her death OR that GBC has told them that she had a fall or some sort of incident previous to her death?? Otherwise why would they ask that?

Brookie.......Is your friend a reliable source...Did your friend mention anthing else that the Police were interested in knowing?

Also, Getting back to the mistress, she woud of been at one time quite friendly with Allison and would share alot of the same friends or aquaintences considering she worked for Allison. I have seen quite a few pics on the net of C21 westside at various conferences and awards nights so they would of mingled together...This would of been quite hard on staff in this office and perhaps the people in the loop (RE: Affair) were chastised quite firmly by ABC for not telling her and maybe terminated....This may have been the start of the business' problem's because rumour and innuendo and angry employees can be detrimental to a business..Lets face it MUD STICKS and given that GBC was well known in the social circles I would find it hard to believe that people started disassociating themselves from him......

Maybe he was angry that ABC was trying to move forward and build another career and was not interested in helping him fix the problems he has created all on his own......From all reports it was ABC who was the brain in this duo....Why would you help someone who had humiliated and betrayed you??

I know I am rambling but I am really just stumped at what the motive could be?

It will be interesting when it all comes out......I wouyld ike to hear more from the best friend...You know what us women get like with our BFF and a Bottle of Bubbles....!! Kerry Anne Walker my sympathies to you as well.....I could never imagine how I could live with out my Best Friend...She is the one that you trust with your heart and your secrets, the one you laugh and cry with.....What a very sad state of affairs!

4. .
6. Early Legal representation. This factor is very strong in cases where a charge is trying to be down graded. Murder to Accidental manslaughter???

this is my biggest fear that he gets off

I've just been out for the day folks. Just sat down and haven't read through the posts I need to catch up on yet.

Also, sorry about all the confusion I caused about Mothers Day....

Today I got thinking about where Allisons body was found. I've looked at an airial map and to tell you the truth I think the chances of her winding her way down the river and landing beneath the only man made over pass in the creeks course is pretty damn slim. Also considering the placement of the body looks to be well over a metre high on a ledge. Not on a gradual muddy embankment.... But a legde. No way have we had the rain fall to make that possible. The earth around her looks wet, but this is just due to the wet whether. I live near a creek near the suburb and around that time our creek didn't rise to anything like that.

So out of all the places she could have come to rest, it was directly under a bridge only far enough along that someone who wanted to dump a body quickly would most likely go. Think of all the logs and bends in that length of creek she could have got snagged on, or come to rest. When you think of it this way, placement of the body is highly suspicious.

So, "that night" is referring to Thursday and not Friday!

no i read it that the friend is talking about FRIDAY in that she has conference that day and sleepover that night ..

anyway i dont think it matters as i dont think it was premeditated murder .. i think it was intimtate partner murder - DV incident that ended in him killing her ..

I'm thinking that the Police may have found discrepancies with the mileage gauge in the family car(s). If a car is computerised it will show a service technician how many kilometers were travelled on a particular date. Perhaps the Police asked GBC what his movements were on the Thursday until he arrived home and if he left his home for any reason that night. If he told them he didn't leave home at all but the mileage gauge in his car showed otherwise, it could be the reason why the Police were conducting their test at the roundabout on Friday night. They may have been wanting to accurately record the exact mileage from one point to another. I don't know if the family cars are computerised but let's hope they are. If there is in fact a discrepancy with the mileage, it still would not prove that GBC was the driver but it would be more evidence to work with.

That is very clever thinking .. didnt think cars were that smart and by the look of their quite ordinary cars maybe not

I was in the understanding the children were staying overnight on the friday night????

HI, I've been lurking on this thread fascinated by this case.

Just wondering, was the body found on the upstream or downstream side of the bridge?

I think they may need the roundabout info for more than one reason. They obviously have other info that we don't know about so they are trying to put the pieces together, so yes, to test an alibi, maybe to also match up with mobile phone records and the timing of everything, and possibly also to identify something out of the ordinary at the roundabout.

In addition to some of the things others have suggested which could be classified as out of the ordinary, I have also wondered if Allison wasn't killed at home. If there was a fight and she took off and he chased after her, or he went outside to get into the car - and she ran after him and got into the car and they continued arguing as he drove. Just some sort of frenzied situation which resulted in him stopping the car somewhere and he killed her in the car after the argument escalated. This might seem unlikely, but I have been in a situation where an ex of mine who had an anger problem would throw some horrific insult combined with some obscure piece of information designed to upset me,or a blatant lie or twisting of the truth about me which was going to inflame me or make me feel I needed to explain myself, then storm out before I had a chance to respond or defend myself. It was like a very dramatic tactic of having the last word in an unfair verbal attack that was going to worry me and hurt me deeply. Most of the time I just let it go but a couple of times I became so frustrated and sick of feeling disempowered I ran after him and tried to get into the car. On one occasion I got into the car and he took off in a temper driving really fast to scare and intimidate me.

I just had a thought..maybe if we presume the children are not home thy have decided to go get dinner or perhaps go out for dinner and either on the way or after getting take away they have had an argument and she has gotten out of the car at the round about??? This would be something odd to see if you witnessed it. I am favouring that she wasn't going for a walk just wearing comfy clothes after getting home...I always put comfy clothes on...ie..Track pants tshirts??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member