Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The reality is that the police do not have enough evidence and that each day that goes past that they donot make an arrest they show how little they have, as I have said before,the police make most arrests out of bluff into confessions when it comes to this sort of thing.Only about 2% lawyer up and even less get a barrister, keep in mind the % is 100 times lower for someone who has not even been nominated as a POI let alone a suspect.
This is in for the long haul because the police are not dealing with a dumb person who chokes and gives in, they now have to do all the hard work because they realise they have a QC and a criminalawyer to deal with. No debating will change this, I have been active in this forum since it started but this is my first post in 25 pages because you are all saying the same thing over and over again.

I am pretty sure they cannot make an arrest before the autopsy report is finalised. I do believe the police have more evidence than you think, but they do not have the cause of death yet (and any other thing the autopsy may reveal).

With respect to the missing phone. The police and SES did a hands and knees search of the property and surrounds. Does anyone know if they searched up in the trees and on rooftops?

IMO - GBC was experienced in finance his parents IMO seemed to have an interest in the family business the loss of an "empire" and if illegal dealings loss of money i.e deposits from trust funds please no not the loss of a mother over greed.......we are all just simple people its incredibly sad rip dear allison

With respect to the missing phone. The police and SES did a hands and knees search of the property and surrounds. Does anyone know if they searched up in the trees and on rooftops?

Or septic tank??

Rudra, for the record, I don't think she was perfect either. As I said very early on in these threads: It takes a special kind of person to be a real Estate agent. No exceptions, lying is part of the job. .... And Allison, she was a real estate agent. Doesn't mean she can't be a very good mother though and keep her tactics exclusive when she was working.
Everyone has a different persona they show depending on who they are dealing with.

Pretty sure that QPS know what they are doing, they currently have a very good track record for solving murders in recent times, we know they will have more evidence than they will tell us atthis point in time. After all, poker players do not show their hand at the start.......do they? The secret is like survivor.....Outwit, Outlast, Outplay

QPS are doing a great job but now is the time for patience as they await the autopsy results.....they do not get them back within an hour like on CSI! methinks some people watch too much tv.

Some talk about a trust fund for the Baden-Clay children from thread 2 got me thinking about various types of trusts, which in turn made me curious as to whether Gerards business was structured like mine with a trustee for a family trust, a discretionary trust, trading. So I looked him up on abn lookup and lo and behold it is. That's not the interesting part. The interesting part is that he also has an investment trust trading as Oasis Finance. Under the Property Agents and Motor Vehicles Act 2000 this is a conflict of interest. Naughty Gerard could well have been lending buyers the money for houses he was selling, thus giving him a vested interest in the property post sale and the ability to alter the sale price by being the agent and mortgager. The question that this raises is who is the underwriter for the finance he is selling? Because that person could be owed an obscene amount of money and not be of desirable character like the big four banks. It also has me wondering how much of this Allison knew.

Awesome searching and find there! If this shows up in the papers tomorrow, we'll know where they found it!

The reality is that the police do not have enough evidence and that each day that goes past that they donot make an arrest they show how little they have, as I have said before,the police make most arrests out of bluff into confessions when it comes to this sort of thing.Only about 2% lawyer up and even less get a barrister, keep in mind the % is 100 times lower for someone who has not even been nominated as a POI let alone a suspect.
This is in for the long haul because the police are not dealing with a dumb person who chokes and gives in, they now have to do all the hard work because they realise they have a QC and a criminalawyer to deal with. No debating will change this, I have been active in this forum since it started but this is my first post in 25 pages because you are all saying the same thing over and over again.

Bris Girl, have enjoyed your posts for several days now and more so when you were allowed to be a little more 'free' with your character assesements as it were!

I agree with what you say, but remembering they only get one shot at this and they will take their time, even it means the family are frustrated by it or low and behold the general public. They are not going to rush it.. They know who their man is, they just need to get the case solid and this may take a little more time than normal. you have to remember it would be unusual for police to charge anyone without even a cause of death. They get one shot at putting some SOB away, they are not going to srcew it up. They have everything they need already, they just need to connecct it all together. My prediction is late next week or early the week after we will have a result.

And by the way someone mentioned previously would they ever make an arrest before the funeral. SAD as it would be for the girls but yes dam straight they would.
Sorry,, SAD does not even come close to the word we would need to find, but I am quite sure they would if they had to unfortunately unless the DPP made a special allowance on this. Im not sure.

Yep.....Our Tiff sure is an amazing sleuth........She blew my mind with that info.

Again :what:

What happened just then, I was reading along trying to get my websleuth fix and all of a sudden something just disappeared

Rudra, for the record, I don't think she was perfect either. As I said very early on in these threads: It takes a special kind of person to be a real Estate agent. No exceptions, lying is part of the job. .... And Allison, she was a real estate agent. Doesn't mean she can't be a very good mother though and keep her tactics exclusive when she was working.
Everyone has a different persona they show depending on who they are dealing with.

True "real estate agents " are not liers they just say what you want to hear and are trained in this art form

Please stop the personal attacks now. You may disagree with a post or an opinion, but you will do it with respect on this forum or there will be a loss of posting privileges.

Keep the personalizations out of your posts!

Take note guys

Not all R/E agents are liars! I am not one, nor do I have any friends or family that are in that business, however I have dealt with many agents in the past (all women mind you) and they have been straight, transparent and honest from the word go. Allison's career was not centred on selling R/E but travel. Her involvement in his business IMO was purely because she was the wife.

Art form is now another way of saying lying? "Saying what they want you to hear" isn't that lying also?

I lived with one For 4 years and he was VERY well respected in the community. I will tell you, he made his phone calls between vendors and buyers after dinner each night and he would tell the vendor one thing, make a call to the buyer straight away and lie, and visa versa. With such ease too.

I know this is hearsay but a tenant in one of Century 21 rentals in Taringa said that ABC 'ceased' being their property management agent in the days before she disappeared - apparently without explanation another agent took over their tenancy.

if gbc did murder abc imagine what terrible gnawing stomach churning stress he must be going through every waking and possibly sleeping moment. what a constant nightmare wondering if there will be a knock at the door. on top of that having to put on a brave/grief stricken face for his girls and family etc.
if he is guilty, he would also be trying to tie up all loose ends and get everything in order with his business and personal affairs in case he gets put away.
also wondering if the neighbours reported hearing a fight then the children probably witnessed or heard it too, and if he hit her, they may have told the first attending police on the friday morning. they would have been traumatised.

Art form is now another way of saying lying? "Saying what they want you to hear" isn't that lying also?

I lived with one For 4 years and he was VERY well respected in the community. I will tell you, he made his phone calls between vendors and buyers after dinner each night and he would tell the vendor one thing, make a call to the buyer straight away and lie, and visa versa. With such ease too.

So do people in other professions, like engineers, builders, etc. BUT not all are liars in the R/E world.

I am also assuming that the fact that police are unable to determine whether or not Allison was deceased on arrival at Kholo Creek would indicate that the house showed no signs of a struggle or considered a crime scene? This is in keeping with the observation of her body on retrieval as showing no visible signs of trauma.

Look lets just say in real estate there are big bucks commissons are obsecene and expectations of vendors are huge but to be devils advocate yes real estate agents say what people what to hear this is not lying its having an understanding as to the expecatations of clients. Now GBC was a real estate agent and he is highly trained in body language perceptions etc etc The police really need a solid case for a conviction

We have to stay on topic, Tiff has done excellent sleuthing and we have some really amazing insights such as Allison leaving her role a few days before she vanished.... Lets keep up the disucssion but I really get tired of the back and forth bickering take it to another location. Allison deserves better - the grandstanding is chewing up time and resources for no good reason. It wastes time and the threads get bogged so let it go...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member