Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been trying to find this out too. Not much luck so far.

Found this one -

http://www.carternewell.com/news/partner-to-speak-at-2012-property-management-conference.aspx

"Professional Liability Partner Michael Gapes will speak at the 2012 REIQ Property Management Conference on Friday, 20 April 2012, at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre."

I was under the impression Allison no longer worked for anything connected to real estate. I'll try find that link.

Definitely like the idea that ABC was about to make a clean break in the relationship through working. I think she would have been the type to plan and then make her move. From her successful high achieving work background - I can see her moving back into the corporate world and earning a mozza. More than enough to support herself and the girls. Perhaps outshining her hubby and destroying his glossy family man image. Her skills are at a premium in the work arena. (HR I think from reading previously)

After being subjected to a menial or minor role while she looked after her girls now they are all school age it is a great opportunity for her to get back into the working world. But being independent and successful is not something an narcissistic partner would cope with.

I was under the impression Allison no longer worked for anything connected to real estate. I'll try find that link.

She was working with Pathways - program that she took out to schools. I'm not sure if this was current, f/t, p/t, etc. Just know that it was quoted in news articles (not sure of the links but I think it was discussed in the first thread). It is some sort of psychology-based program for kids.

You don't know if they are lying because you can't talk to the vendor, and if you're the vendor, you can't talk to the buyer. You don't have a clue what they are saying to the other party.

My last experience was with an estate agent who kept on telling us what a good price our perspective house was. My husband and I knew all along we were paying too much for the property (housing valuations mean NOTHING) because many times people will pay an inflated price because they fall in love with a property), as we did. Still he rambled on how well we did. Then a month after we moved in we got a flyer put in our letter box showing what houses this particular agent had recently sold.

On it was a photo of our house, and in big bold letters it stated that the vendors had got a record sale on their house. It was the main feature on the advertisement. My husband and I just laughed. But I was really angry he had no trouble lying to our faces then after the deal was done, published it on his flyer so the whole community could see, especially after he told us continually we were getting the property cheap.

This doesn't mean that this guy was a snake in other aspects of his life, it just means heis capable of it.

Hi CaseClosed - do you have a link? I looked extensively today and around the time that they found her body and reports indicate that the police had yet to confirm whether or not she was alive when she arrived at Kholo Creek. Has something been released since? This intrigues me because of ALL the questions it raises.

I read it this morning - I'll try and find it again.

if allison allegedly stopped being property manager as someone here heard, maybe she was planning to leave gerard on the friday, while the children were at their sleepover and out of harms way, wonder if the things she was going to be dropping to her friend were some personal belongings to be kept safe. they may have argued about her leaving and he could no longer control her.

also police were pretty positive in the first few days she was still alive.

Did she actually stop being Property Manager? I thought whoever raised this was saying that the property their friend was renting was suddenly being managed by another agent. That could also mean that the owner of the property decided to change agencies for whatever reason - which happens from time to time.

I think she would be more interested in ski endurance. Her ex is a professional diver. Scout's honour!

Did she actually stop being Property Manager? I thought whoever raised this was saying that the property their friend was renting was suddenly being managed by another agent. That could also mean that the owner of the property decided to change agencies for whatever reason - which happens from time to time.

I thought ABC was hosting the sleepover at her house? That way preparation would be required... Unlikely all three girls would have been on a sleepover at someone elses house altogether. (This is not unheard of but unlikely there is a family with 3 girls similar age where each of The BC girls gets on with well enough with the girls in the other family that they can sleepover. But also perhaps Friday was going to be A BIG DAY for Allison and she needed to have the kids in safe hands?)

She was working with Pathways - program that she took out to schools. I'm not sure if this was current, f/t, p/t, etc. Just know that it was quoted in news articles (not sure of the links but I think it was discussed in the first thread). It is some sort of psychology-based program for kids.

She is listed on Linkedin as a licenced partner at Pathways Health and Research Centre. Pathways have developed a highly respected program for children - I think called Friends for Life.

Please move on from generalizations of specific professions. There are good and bad in all professions and to claim a specific character flaw to any one group is just not fair, nor is it accurate.

sorry, yes you are right. maybe she no longer wanted to deal with this listing. i just assumed she had left, with the positive mindset of starting a new life.

They may have been if they were staying with one of her friends....Not, if the girls were staying at their friends, i'd think.

Someone wrote above about the possibility of the property they know about was being taken out of Gerards hands. If he was giving away the property management side, it's a bit odd that Allison would be at a Property Management conference.

Unless she was going to start taking a bigger role in the property management aspect of the business, and they exchanged all the Property management services over to elsewhere for her to manage.

This is very confusing to me......like most things.

I think she would be more interested in ski endurance. Her ex is a professional diver. Scout's honour!

The ski endurance ppl were headlining at the REIQ conference, so the 2 different links given on the previous page were actually for the same conference -"survive and thrive"

I think we both have the same conference (2012 REIQ Property Management Conference) - just linked from different speakers that are participating

Sorry I am not sure whether the house had changed tenancies to another agency but a new property manager took over their tenancy in the days before ABC disappeared. I will ask if you like!

Mrs Baden-Clay's best friend, Kerry-Anne Walker, has helped the Dickies in their ordeal and was at the search site every day. She was one of the last to have contact with Mrs Baden-Clay, texting her on the night she disappeared about her plans for the following day.

"That Friday was a busy day for her. She had a full-day conference in town and the kids were having a sleepover that night, so she would have got all her stuff ready," Mrs Walker said.

"I had texted her that day, the Thursday, and she texted me back that night saying she'd drop around on her way home from this conference .

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/grief-for-lost-daughter/story-e6freoof-1226346302840

Now that does make me feel sick. In spite of two convictions (firstly murder and perjury) he still walks free?

Very odd thing to do on the day your wifes body is found / go hire a sc that had defended murders ....
My gut feeling is he has murdered her ...... But the big question is do the police actually have enough evidence for a conviction !!!
Dear dear dear I am not sure there will be a conviction

Hi CaseClosed - do you have a link? I looked extensively today and around the time that they found her body and reports indicate that the police had yet to confirm whether or not she was alive when she arrived at Kholo Creek. Has something been released since? This intrigues me because of ALL the questions it raises.

Hope this works as its a mobile link

http://m.northernstar.com.au/story/2012/05/04/happy-and-successful-a-portrait-of-allison/

"THE discovery of Allison Baden-Clay's body in Kholo Creek this week confirmed the worst fears of her friends and family.

Police now know the 43-year-old former beauty queen and business woman was murdered before her body was dumped in a creek north-east of Ipswich."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member