Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever, she was still a good mother who didn't deserve to have her life cut short, and her children also don't deserve to have their mother taken from them, but no one is perfect. We have to take that into account because she may have been involved in something illegal which led to her demise. She may have even been subtily involved and unknowingly dragged into it. If you say Allison was an absolute saint, it may very well deny the facts that may solve the case.

No one is perfect and everyone makes mistakes, many regret them, it's part of the learning process. I know a lot of good people who have made mistakes.

Mrs Baden-Clay's best friend, Kerry-Anne Walker, has helped the Dickies in their ordeal and was at the search site every day. She was one of the last to have contact with Mrs Baden-Clay, texting her on the night she disappeared about her plans for the following day.

"That Friday was a busy day for her. She had a full-day conference in town and the kids were having a sleepover that night, so she would have got all her stuff ready," Mrs Walker said.

"I had texted her that day, the Thursday, and she texted me back that night saying she'd drop around on her way home from this conference .

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/grief-for-lost-daughter/story-e6freoof-1226346302840

i wonder what time thursday night allison texted her friend, i guess the police will have seen the text by now.

Some talk about a trust fund for the Baden-Clay children from thread 2 got me thinking about various types of trusts, which in turn made me curious as to whether Gerards business was structured like mine with a trustee for a family trust, a discretionary trust, trading. So I looked him up on abn lookup and lo and behold it is. That's not the interesting part. The interesting part is that he also has an investment trust trading as Oasis Finance. Under the Property Agents and Motor Vehicles Act 2000 this is a conflict of interest. Naughty Gerard could well have been lending buyers the money for houses he was selling, thus giving him a vested interest in the property post sale and the ability to alter the sale price by being the agent and mortgager. The question that this raises is who is the underwriter for the finance he is selling? Because that person could be owed an obscene amount of money and not be of desirable character like the big four banks. It also has me wondering how much of this Allison knew.

This is a clever thought about the trust fund but as far as the lending goes C21 have now gone into the business of doing Home Loans so it is feasable for him to be trading the way he is without breaking any laws...

My thoughts on the trust fund being set up for the children was that............ just maybe (IMO) Allison had discovered that he had used Money set aside for the childrens education to help with his financial woes and it turned ugly...Maybe the Dickies were subtley trying to tell us that they wanted to make this right for their daughter?

I am assuming that ABC had earned quite a bit of money throughout her career and would of probebrly set money aside for her daughters to follow in her footsteps and attend the school that she loved so much...This is a possibility?

I don't think the Pathways thing was a fulltime job. I think she was still working as a Property Manager at C21, possibly part-time. The Property Management conference would have fitted into that. It's possible they had other property management staff, and she was lessening her portfolio and delegating.

As for the sleepover, it was reported in a news article for which the link has been posted several times (and fairly recently [earlier today] but it might have been towards the end of the the last phase of the thread which has just been locked) that Allisons best friend said she had texts with Allison on the Thursday night about Allison going to a conference, and about Allison dropping the kids clothes off on Friday on her way home from the conference. So the sleepover was not at the B-C's house.

(correction - i just read the word for word news report - it doesnt actually say the sleepover was somewhere else. However in my opinion when you say the kids were having a sleepover you usually mean they are going somewhere else for a sleepover? what do others think? From the transcript of the report I get that impression - like "getting stuff ready" is also more likely to be about packing the kids stuff, whereas if you were organising other kids to come to a sleepover at your house you would say 'getting the house ready". ?)

Found this one from Herald Sun that states police believe "the killer could have taken her body to the area as early as 8pm on Thursday April 19" -
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/mo...lison-baden-clay/story-e6frf7l6-1226344032880

Sorry, couldn't figure out how to link directly.

if that happened, she would have just arrived home from the hair salon, if she actually did have an appointment, and the children would still have been awake and possibly witnessed their mothers demise. that is if it actually happened in the home, and if not, who was minding the girls, if gbc was the killer?

I read it this morning - I'll try and find it again.

VIRGO - sorry, can't find the article. It was a one line sentence in the body of text of one of the Courier Mail articles about this case dated either today or yesterday. I'll posted when I find it.

VIRGO - sorry, can't find the article. It was a one line sentence in the body of text of one of the Courier Mail articles about this case dated either today or yesterday. I'll posted when I find it.

Thank you CaseClosed I have continued looking at more recent reports so I will most likely find it. I keep getting sidetracked with other internet sleuthing...

Pathways advertises a Brisbane Training date on the 20th of April... not quite a conference but an interesting coincidence?

http://www.pathwayshrc.com.au/for-trainers/brisbane-training-dates-2012/

Oh my stars.....What if she was attending this "Fun Friends" conference to help her little ones with handling stress etc?

Part of the fun friends flyer says "Give your children the skills to help them be happy and resilient no matter what challenges life throws their way."

:( :( :( :(

Pathways advertises a Brisbane Training date on the 20th of April... not quite a conference but an interesting coincidence?

http://www.pathwayshrc.com.au/for-trainers/brisbane-training-dates-2012/

Wow, could have been that. What a coincidence there was a Property Management Conference on the same day.

Perhaps she was winding down her involvement as a Property Manager at C21and GBC was annoyed about it, and that she wasnt going to the Property Management Conference, spending more time on Pathways instead.

Relevance - really just adding to the tensions between them along with his financial/business problems.

There is such confusion about her actions and movements during the two days - its infuriating. But if someone had her phone on Thursday - that person could be leading everyone on a wild goose chase about her movements. I doubt she didn't visit the hairdresser as that would be huge red flags - but who knows maybe her no show at salon is what clued police into the the time frame of when she dissappeared. (How many hubbies know when their wives hair appts are?)

But if we assume ABC went to the salon on Thurs to get prepared for her big day on Friday we at least have a time where someone (3rd party) saw her that day. Not something that has been forthcoming from the info. And she would have had to go home to change from her walking clothes ostensibly before the appt. (maybe not tho) So a busy day preparing on Thurs for Friday. I wonder if any of the guest lists are accessible for those conferences that were mentioned by the posters here.

I've been reading since the beginning, but there have been a few things concerning me as I read through

1. Legal concerns - I think we should be careful about the potential for making accusations, or perpetuating rumours that could prejudice any future trial - that's why after the Morcombe arrest, police asked people not to speculate online. Lawyers for the defence will be looking for any excuse for a case to be thrown out.

Additionally, the defamation laws in Australia are very strict. If you accuse anyone of being involved there is the possibility, however remote, that you and the website could be sued. Most of that happened earlier in the discussion though.

2. Re GBC hiring a lawyer - I don't think it is suspicious or surprising. In a similar situation, I know that people I know who practice law would advise the same thing. It was obvious that no matter what the truth, he was going to be in the frame.

3. I'm wary of believing everything I read in the press - their job is to sell papers/advertising. They will report anything if it could possibly be true eg the screams. And in some of the interviews, I don't think it was always clear what ABC's family and friend were talking about when they were quoted - were they talking about her general character or her recent state of mind? It makes a big difference but we're left to assume they were talking about recent events.

4. I have sympathy with both sides of the family, I don't know how I or my family would act in such horrendous circumstances. I think it's harsh to judge on the small snippets captured by a tv camera and then selectively edited for effect.

For the sake of those little girls, I hope their dad didn't do it but time will tell.

I hope I don't appear to be wagging a finger at anyone, but these things have been bugging me as I've read through all the discussion.

Found this one from Herald Sun that states police believe "the killer could have taken her body to the area as early as 8pm on Thursday April 19" -
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/mo...lison-baden-clay/story-e6frf7l6-1226344032880

Sorry, couldn't figure out how to link directly.

I'm not sure if this is still relevant or not. Its the Herald Sun and they may have pieced some info together from old news.

It may still be correct about the 8pm thing, but this is what they were saying earlier, but after that the requests were made for sightings at the Kenmore Roundabout between 11.30pm and 4am. So I'm wondering if they got additional info which narrowed the time down even more? There has to be a reason for the fact that it's suddenly 11.30pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LowStuff5019